Dexter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
It's about a forensics expert who happens to be a serial killer. But there's a twist, he only kills criminals. I thought the pilot was pretty good. I think it has loads of potential.

Ultraman Baltan
Whoops! Thought you were talking about the other Dexter.

lake1951
Solo is talking about the new series on Showtime. Dexter is portrayed by Michael C. Hall ("Six Feet Under"wink. I love the series because we get to see the story from all aspects including Dexter's two-dimesional exsistance. He easily fools his co-workers, neighbors, and family in believing that he is just trying to make the world a better place. In his unique mind he is doing just that ..... one murder at a time. I also heard that Showtime was running a free preview weekend from (Oct. 6 - 13) for people that don't have Showtime. The first three episodes are supposed to be shown again during that time.

forumcrew
Originally posted by lake1951
He easily fools his co-workers, neighbors, and family in believing that he is just trying to make the world a better place. .

if he is killing criminals isnt he making it a better place for real? and not actually fooling anyone.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by forumcrew
if he is killing criminals isnt he making it a better place for real? and not actually fooling anyone.

If he is killing people doesn't that make him a criminal? So he's actually exasperating the problem by adding another number to the criminal population.

Solo
Originally posted by lake1951
He easily fools his co-workers, neighbors, and family in believing that he is just trying to make the world a better place. In his unique mind he is doing just that ..... one murder at a time.

Omegaman
If there was a killer of serial killers...wouldnt there actually be "less" killing?? The serial killers would be getting what they deserve!

bigflames
this show is absolutly phenominal, it's scary how addicting it is. im interested to see what they do this season, should be ridiculous! haha plus im in love with the sister im pretty sure

Solo
I find his sister ridiculously annoying. Should be interesting to see what they've got in store next season.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Dexter has an interesting plot. Michael C. Hall is a very good actor that makes this a great show to watch.

T.M
This started a few weeks ago here.. we are only like 3 episodes into the 1st season but it looks really cool so far.

I am also reading the book that season 1 is based on at the moment.

dave_kodak
i watched the 1st season, i liked it, i felt there should have been a second season, but i dont think they made one.

Solo
The first couple episodes of season two have leaked. Very, very good, better than anything in season one for sure.

Maestro
one of the plots will most probably have a scenario where he kills someone who isn't a serial killer, probably season finale.

Big Sexy
Second season has been really good so far. His sister will probably find out what he is this season.

ariwin
Yea I didn't know which way they were going to go this season. This season is going to be incredible

ariwin
anyone watch this weeks episode?

Zebedee
Best show on telly!!

Big Sexy
The irony behind Dokes backing off Dexter is hilarious.

ariwin
This season is really living up to lasts. I didn't know which direction they were going to take, but I must say each episode just keeps getting better.

Dreampanther
The best show of the year - that includes Heroes and Boston Legal. Haven't seen season two yet - but I LOVED season one and I can't wait for the series to come out on DVD so I can start showing it to all my friends.

HueyFreeman
Great episode. I am 100 percent positive that Doakes will take the fall for being the Bay harbor butcher. All the evidence can easily point to him.

ariwin
OMG I know i have a feeling Doakes is totally going to be called out for being the butcher...... how many episodes are left in the season does anyone know?

kodak
There are only 12 in each season, Tonight the "movie network"(which is where i watch it since i dont get HBO or showtime) showed Episode 10.

Im thinking season 3 will happen.

HueyFreeman
Great episode. It pokes holes into Dexter code. Does anyone else thing next episode Doakes will escape and be shot and killed in the process.

Jaime Sommers
Originally posted by Solo
It's about a forensics expert who happens to be a serial killer. But there's a twist, he only kills criminals. I thought the pilot was pretty good. I think it has loads of potential.

I think the show sounds pretty good, actually. At the moment, it is only being screened on Foxtel here in Oz. sad

papabeard
Great show, one of the best for a while, just watched the last 2 episodes of season 2, its good stuff.

I think season 2 episode 8 had the highest viewing figures for a showtime programme ever.

kodak
Tomorrow is the season 2 ending episode.
Its been a good season.

Season 3?
i hope so.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by kodak
There are only 12 in each season, Tonight the "movie network"(which is where i watch it since i dont get HBO or showtime) showed Episode 10.

Im thinking season 3 will happen. hell YES its gonna happen. this show is the SHIZ.

papabeard
Season 3 starts in september 08

kodak
w00t
season 3.

i missed the episode last night, so i have to wait a few days before its on again, Im guessing it was great?

Rogue Jedi
I have to settle for reruns, cuz I work nights. I cant WAIT for them to come out on DVD.

papabeard
I have heard mention that season 3 may take a turn for the superntural, which would ruin everything.

kodak
hm, Dexter gets the force?
... it would make clean up way more easy.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by papabeard
I have heard mention that season 3 may take a turn for the superntural, which would ruin everything. indeed.

kodak
Finally sat down and took a gander at episode 12 of season 2.

CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 3 w00t

JackieCD
I love the show.

ariwin

Where did you hear this, because if thats true I think I may cry

kodak
Originally posted by ariwin
Where did you hear this, because if thats true I think I may cry it was the first thing that came to my mind. laughing

Originally posted by papabeard
I have heard mention that season 3 may take a turn for the superntural, which would ruin everything.

ariwin
So, I just got word that CBS is going to begin airing season one of Dexter on February 17. I think one of the biggest reasons I am so excited is because now all of my friends that I had been begging to watch the show and gave me the excuse that they didn't have Showtime, now have no excuse!

I always tried to explain how Dexter was so amazing because he was a serial killer that you are rooting for. For some reason, non show watchers can't seem to grasp the idea that you end up sympathizing and rooting for a guy who kills people. I guess its one of those shows you have to watch to really get it, and I'm stoked that I'm actually going to get to talk to more people about it now!

papabeard
CBS might censor alot of the show as there is some pretty extreme stuff involved, which may affect the shows appeal and subsequent success.

InnerRise
Well there are some rather gruesome killings.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

ariwin
I'm curious to see how they edit it. To be honest I don't think it's going to effect the show that much I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do with it!

I'm excited to refresh myself with what happened during season one.

regina414
This sounds interesting. Got to check this one out.

ariwin
Did anyone end up watching on CBS? I have to say, I am extremley impressed with CBS and the phenomenal job they did with the edits! The show is sooo amazing and I know so many people who are now hooked! Anyone else been tuning in?

kodak
Originally posted by ariwin
Did anyone end up watching on CBS? I have to say, I am extremley impressed with CBS and the phenomenal job they did with the edits! The show is sooo amazing and I know so many people who are now hooked! Anyone else been tuning in? i watched a bit of the first night they had it on... the show is better without commercial breaks.

regina414
I have read a lot of rave reviews about this tv show. I have to check this one out.

kodak
third season is planned to start airing on September 30th 2008 w00t

kodak
well, the new season has started.
i was off by the date, but that's ok i guess.

BUTTFREAK
WHY SO SERIOUS IZZ STILL KOOL RIGHT?

Fallen
finally had the chance to see season 3 finale last night.

so... soo.... goooood. droolio

ariwin
I really need to start watching the new season... I saw the first maybe two or three episodes, and haven't watched any since. Somehow I think there's something missing in this new season... maybe I haven't given it enough time, but for some reason the show isn't as hypnotic/compelling/fascinating as it was in its first season. Maybe it's just one of those shows where the enjoyment is in coming to know the character, and once that happens it loses some of its captivating quality.

Strangelove
I was told that this show was good about a month ago, and I just plowed through the episodes, it's fantastic.

Tourist
i've been a huge fan of this show from the very first episode. it has become such an addiction that i have literally kicked my wife and kid out of the house after throwing money at them for a movie so i could have some peace and quiet to watch it.

i often think that when the decision comes down from on high to cancel the show, the very next day the scum that made such a monumental screw up will be found dead in their office and i'll be in that very room, holding a half empty bottle of rum in one hand and the blood covered trout that i beat him to death with in the other.

Off-kilter
Ugh. I'm spazzy for this show. It cut me though, end of the first season. I really wanted Brian and Dexter to be together and become the ultimate killing pair. But it had to be done.
What I do like though, is the killing of that obnoxious British woman in season 2, (can't remember her name, god help I dont want to remember)
Got through season 3, which was incredible. I didnt know what they could do for a season 3 or 4, but it seems like the directors planned this out well for the next season. yummo

Movie tragic
Glad there will be a season 4 + 5. Great show smile

Darth Vicious
I just started watching this episode. Pretty good so far. I wonder if the blood smaples he takes from his victims will be his downfall.

BackFire
I just recently began watching this show on Showtime on Demand and I love it. Dexter is a brilliant and fascinating character and the plot is excellent.

I'm nearly done now with watching Season 3 and can't wait for season for next month.

Darth Vicious
I got hooked from the first episode. I think I watched all 3 seasons in a week and a half. I wonder if the drop of blood that fell on Rita's weding dress has any significance. Supertitious minds belief that if that happens means bad luck for her or even death. I hope she dont get killed by new murderer.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nephthys
DEXTER. IS. GOD!!!!!!! That is all.

Season 5 is going to Kick. Ass.

Also, this season was great.

Robtard
Upset at Rita's death, I rather liked the character, mostly for eye-candy purposes.

Nephthys

Robtard
I understand the reason and the angle, but like I said, mostly upset because the eye-candy is gone, not because a particularly great character is.

Yeah, will be a balancing act for him.

The Big O
So what happened?

Nephthys
Deb found out about Dex's mother cried for a bit, then had a heart to heart, police found out about real Trinity, Dex kills trinity, decides to go cold turkey again, then finds Rita dead in her bathtub with baby Harrison screaming in the blood.

Darth Vicious
I wonder if Dexter will be raising all 3 kids or just Harrison. They going on vacation with their fathers family could be a hint that they might not come back. As much as I was getting annoyed by Rita, I hate seeing her go. That woman has an awesome body. Hopefully Dexter will get a new haircut on season 5.

This is awesome!
n-HD2xXo-lw

Nephthys
laughing

BackFire
I thought Season 4 was the best since the first, by a large degree.

And Robtard, I agree. She was smoking hot.

Personally, if Season 5 is the last, I would love for them to go completely balls to the wall, all out. They could use this opportunity to take an extremely dark turn. With Rita gone Dexter would suffer a huge fallout, he's lost his center, the closest thing he had to a moral compass, and now with having to deal with his addiction and the children, he would be unable to sustain them both and at the end would succumb to his addiction and take a very severe downfall, throwing his rules out the window. And for the finale murder the children, show the dark passenger completely taking over, and then have him kill himself, in his final attempt to redemption for Harry.

That's what I'd do anyways. I'm sure they won't, though. Would make Dexter too much of a villain, but I'd love for them to go all out if next season is indeed the last.

flyawayjane
I absolutely love Dexter TV show!

Robtard
Snip from the news:

The star of Dexter, Michael C. Hall, announced today that he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, a form of cancer.

The acclaimed actor released a statement, assuring his fans that he was "fortunate" to have been diagnosed early, though the condition is completely "treatable and curable."

A spokesperson for Michael echoed his optimism, stating that Michael's disease is in complete remission and his treatment will continue "as planned."

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire

And Robtard, I agree. She was smoking hot.

Face buried in ass hot.

chiaki

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by chiaki
I dont think he's going to keep Rita's kids. They may end up living with the grandparents or something. And maybe him and Deb might end up staying together so she can help him with his son. I'm not totally convinced that Trinity killed her to tell you the truth. It's too....obvious to the story. I think Rita's death is linked to the new killer in the next season.

I can't wait!!!

Nah, It was him. U could tell when Dexter had him in the table (irc) he told Dexter that it was already over. Meaning Rita. Right then I knew he had killed someone. I thought Deb at first.

chiaki
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Nah, It was him. U could tell when Dexter had him in the table (irc) he told Dexter that it was already over. Meaning Rita. Right then I knew he had killed someone. I thought Deb at first.

I thought that too....maybe he did kill her, but I'm not totally convinced yet

KJF007
Trinity didn't kill Rita, it was the new Season 5 Boss. Also what is with this bullshite about Dexter having feelings then not having feelings then having feelings and not; it is getting tiresome. If he is a monster write him to be one and Harry appeared way too much in Season 4. Still thought Trinity was one of the less disturbing characters more pathetic.

Skittle
I wonder if Dexter will be raising all 3 kids or just Harrison. They going on vacation with their fathers family could be a hint that they might not come back. As much as I was getting annoyed by Rita, I hate seeing her go. That woman has an awesome body. Hopefully Dexter will get a new haircut on season 5.

This is awesome!
n-HD2xXo-lw laughing
Stupid song!

Skittle
Originally posted by KJF007
Trinity didn't kill Rita, it was the new Season 5 Boss. Also what is with this bullshite about Dexter having feelings then not having feelings then having feelings and not; it is getting tiresome. If he is a monster write him to be one and Harry appeared way too much in Season 4. Still thought Trinity was one of the less disturbing characters more pathetic.

My favourite was the ice truck killer.

zemase
Hi there,

I am Maik from Germany and in the middle of my master thesis. Therefore I'm having an online survey about the television show "Dexter" and would be more than happy, if you could help me! It only takes about 10-15 minutes and is about the show in general an it's main character Dexter Morgan. There are no spoilers of course, but lots of Dexter-goodies to win!

Please help me and participate: ww3.unipark.de/uc/Dexter

You'd help me even more if you pass on the link to others. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. More information in the introduction of the questionnaire.

Thanks for those who can help and greetings from Germany,

Maik Zehrfeld

XMr. WinterX
well you see...Dexter is the bomb

nuff said

§P0oONY
When's the new season start over there in the states? I can't be bothered to look it up and I also figured I'd bump the conversation.

Love the show. Season 4 was probably the best with a brilliant climax looking forward to season 5 more than any show atm.

Darth Vicious
New season started 9/26/10.

Robtard
Decent opener.

T.M
Not fare we are only a handful of episodes into the 4th season here.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by T.M
Not fare we are only a handful of episodes into the 4th season here. The internet is a wonderful place. You're in for a treat though with the 4th season. Gripping stuff.

5th season opener was decent, although unlike the other 4 seasons' openings we don't know where the plot is going yet. I'm interested to know if another serial killer is investigated or whether they'll just be looking into Rita's death. The latter seems more likely at this juncture.

Darth Vicious
It'll be interesting to see what they do now. Quinn might end up like Doakes. There's too much at stake now for Dexter to get caught. I read somewhere that Trinity visiting Dexter at the station and the Kyle Butler persona will come into play this season

§P0oONY
I reckon the guy he smashed up in the toilets has to come into play at some point. It wasn't exactly a clean kill.

SnakeEyes

Darth Vicious

Nephthys
Great opening. The bit where he told the kids about Rita's death while wearing the Mickey Mouse ears was bloody fantastic. Absolutely brilliant. That entire scene was genius, like where he utterly failed to copy that guys 'I'm so sorry for your loss' line convincingly.

Quinn as ever, was a total tool and bastard. And the scene where he and Debra have sex had me literally screaming 'What the **** are you doing!? You just cleaned up Rita's blood, what teh fuuuuuck!!?

fffuuu

Looking forward to seeing what direction the shows going in for this season, becuase its not obvious at the moment.

Darth Vicious
First 2 episodes were pretty slow but after the end of episode 3 it seems everything's gonna move faster. Loved ep.3 ending.

Nephthys
The nanny is creepy and too good to be true. I'm betting she's some kind of creep who'll steal Harrison and try to keep him for herself, which is a depressingly cliche plotpoint for Dexter to fall into so I hope not.

Nephthys
Scratch whats above, tis stupid.

Whelp, looks like Dex's got himself a plucky sidekick. And they're going up against some kind of serial killer mob. This is a very intriging concept that I find promising. Quinn remains a tool, but at least he tried to argue against sleeping with Deb again. But still, his irrational paranoia over Dexter (however right) just cost the team a serial killer. So **** you Quinn.

And with the lots of free time on his hands I can just guess what he's gonna be doing. no expression

Robtard
I don't like this Julie Stiles angle thing so far, reminds me a bit of the thing he had with the brunette (forget her name). I prefer Dexter being a solo killer/lone wolf.

Darth Vicious
I dont fully trust the Julia Stiles character. Maybe theres more to her and she'll turn out to be this seasons villain. Anybody else getting the impression that LaGuerta might have to perform a bj in order to save Batista. As for Quinn, He'll probably end up like Doakes. It's season 2 all over again. Quinn=Doakes, Stiles=crazy french lady.

Nephthys
When the guy said that line, yeah that thought immediately occured to me. And then my gut went cold becuase I don't know if she'd actually do it or not. Plus it would be a shitty mysogynistic thing to do and I'm all hatin' that shit. And now all I can think about is how pissed she ws at Quinn and whether theres a connection there..... messed

Robtard
I doubt the guy was asking for a blow-job, he's questioning if she had a previous relationship with the cop Batista ****ed up. As she could potentially be in trouble for having a relationship with a subordinate, as she was when she and Batista 1st started dating.

Darth Vicious
When the guy said that line, yeah that thought immediately occured to me. And then my gut went cold becuase I don't know if she'd actually do it or not. Plus it would be a shitty mysogynistic thing to do and I'm all hatin' that shit. And now all I can think about is how pissed she ws at Quinn and whether theres a connection there..... messed

LaGuerta is very strict. Her explanation was good enough for me.

Originally posted by Robtard
I doubt the guy was asking for a blow-job, he's questioning if she had a previous relationship with the cop Batista ****ed up. As she could potentially be in trouble for having a relationship with a subordinate, as she was when she and Batista 1st started dating.

Good point. My dirty mind didnt see it that way.

Nephthys
It seems the writers wanted us to think that way though. It was clever how they made me think she was actually gonna do it (I remembered how in season 2 she was using sex as a tool and got all worried again, despite Rob's explanation) but its still the least interesting part of the show at the moment.

Most interesting right now is Lumen. I'm starting to privately hope she sticks around as Dex's sidekick, though of course it'll never happen and I wouldn't blame them personally. I really liked Dex getting frustrated when he couldn't kill that guy. Poor Dex, he needs a clean kill soon. sad

Lastly liked Dex getting protective about Harrison to those women. And the scene in the car was cute.

Quinn remains, you guessed it, a Tool.

suraj98
I love to watch this show. Happy Dance

Nephthys
Oh. My. God! eek!

This ep was ****in' ep-ic! Jeezus was it tense. Loved the scene where Dex and Luman are bickering in the warehouse with Dex being super passive aggressive and snarky. And the scene where Dex was running after that guy. Man, I havn't been that tense since last season's 'Hungry Man', or in Season 1 where that kid say him in the junkyard! And then Masuka coming in and getting it all wrong in such a hilarious fashion. What the hell was he even doing with his nipples? O.o Anyway, ****ing funny.

Though having said that I don't think Masuka's theory works and its pretty silly if you think about it. What the guy let himself get shot then walked to the tub to have sex with a tied up guy? What? No. No, jus-just no.

Also, I liked the Batista and Laguirta thing surprisingly. It's a good thing to see those characters make up and behave themselves. Hopefully it'll be a great finish to the sub-par subplot.

Luman's shaping up to be a really cool, interesting sidekick. I really hope she doesn't get killed of.

Quoted from a review- '"Is this your monster?" Dexter asked, with obvious doubt. I loved the fact that, as sketchy as Lumen's instincts were before, she was right about this evil creep. And all she had to go on was an abstract "sense" about the guy, and the way he smelled and she was right. It's time she shed that persona of the shaken, fragile and fallible "survivor" and become more of a driving force. The final scene, where Lumen and Dexter sat on the bathroom tile was shockingly powerful, as was Dexter's traumatic freeze-up over the bathtub drain. '

Phew! Geek-out over. Easily the best episode of the season. Anyone want to know how to do a TV series, watch this, after watching the entirity of Dexter of course, but this especially.

T.M
Great/shocking end to the 4th season.

Hope we don't have to wait a year again for the new season.

Nephthys
5th seasons already out bro!

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/internet/dexter/season_5.html

T.M
I know it is, the 4th just finished last Friday here in the UK.

That's how far we are behind.

Robtard
In this last episode, when we see Masuka illustrating the crime scene with gestures was ****ing epic lolz.

Bloinky
Since I done have Showtime.....I've been watching these on dvds...I just got done Season 2 and already looking forward to watching Season 3 on dvd.

Nephthys
Oh wow, that totally was your fault Maria! stick out tongue

As for the rest of the episode, it can be summed up by one smilie: love

DexXLumen 4ever!

Also, I love how fantastically twisted Lumen's smile after Dex killed that guy was in the 'previously' section. I missed that last week.

Nephthys
Once again Dexter proves itself the best show on television. Hot Damn was that a great episode.

Robtard
I'm torn, I'm liking it so far, but I have mixed feelings about Dexter having Stiles as an assistant or even possible future love interest. IE The couple that kills together seems like it would sink the show, I prefer Dexter as the lone wolf.

Darth Vicious
I'm liking Peter Weller's character. I wonder where they are taking that plot. Im sure it will carry on to next season.

Robtard
I'm liking Peter Weller's character. I wonder where they are taking that plot. Im sure it will carry on to next season.

I doubt it, I see him at the bottom of the bay in plastic bags by season's finale or earlier.

Nephthys
Three scene's really stood out in this episode. The first was the scene where Chase met with that woman and Ho boy was that creepy. The acting was really up there; completely fan****ingtastic. There was a real sense that she actually does mean something to him, and yet when she touched him there was a palpable feeling that she utterly disgusted him but that he still he seemed to love her on some level. Thats the kind of nouanced acting you don't see very often.

Secondly there was of course the scene where Dex and Lumen got together. I cringed at first, because it seemed kind of clumsy and I liked them as asexual partners. But the way they did the scene was so clever I couldn't stay mad. Like how Lumen didn't kiss him till his hands where 'tied' behind his back by his shirt, and how Dex touched her right over her heart, in the exact place where he stabs his victims. Thats freaking clever on top of being veeery disturbing and insightful into the characters.

Last scene was Dex giving Lumen her gloves. ^_^ He was so proud and happy it was ridiculous. I seriously lol'd, it was so funny and sweet *has a vagina*

Also, Weller's character better end up in a bag, or Dex is seriously screwed. He's completely ****ed if the guy goes public. I'm thinking Quinn'll kill him but then find the info and next season he'll really be after Dexter.

Deb was good. Laguerta got bitchslapped. Stuffs...

Darth Vicious
I noticed all those as well. His disgust was obvious. Maybe some mommy issues. That could also account why he never actually participates. I hope they explore his relationship with the woman before the end.

The hands tied behind Dexter back was very clever. It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. I wouldn't have mind if they kept it strictly "professional".

You could see giddiness in Dexter's eyes when he gave her the gloves.

Damn Robocop knows way tooo much. The obvious ending is that he'll die. The question is how and by who. Maybe Lumen.

The season started slow but it keeps intensifying with every episode.

Nephthys
FUUUUUUUUUUUU--------CK!

WHY DID I WATCH THE ****ING 'NEXT TIME' BIT. SO MANY ****ING SPOILERS! GOOD EP THOUGH. SOME MAJOR MISTEPS, ROBOCOP AND EMILY NEEDED MORE TIME TO SHINE BEFORE GETTING OFFED BUT THAT'S WHAT THE WRITERS GET FOR A SLOW START, LESS TIME AT THE END. STILL A DECENT EP THOUGH. R.I.P ROBOCOP! YOU WERE A WORTHY FOE!

Darth Vicious
Excellent episode. Im thinking is not gonna be good for Quin since the drop of blood in his shoe ties him with the murder. I wonder if Deb will find out about Dex next week.

Robtard
All in all, didn't care too much for this past season. Started out decent, the Julie Stiles/helper angle just didn't do it for me.

Here's hoping next one surpasses it and season 4 even, though another villain like John Lithgow will be hard to top.

Nephthys
Man, that was some grade-A bullshit with Lumen at the end. I mean what the ****?

The rest of the episode was brilliant though I really, reaaly wanted Deb to just go past the sheet and see Dex. She needs to know. They must be crimefighting cop buddies. This must happen. Now.

All in all, Dex is becoming somewhat stale imo. Something needs to change.

Kaibs
So I am thinking of getting into this show. Is it worth it?

Nephthys
Yes. Absolutely. It's by far one of the best shows on television within the last decade. Especially the first episode is simply the best example of how to hook the watcher and introduce them to the characters and heart of the show. The first season is the best and I highly recommend starting right from square one. Don't be tempted to just skip a few to catch up. One of the best things about marathoning is watching how the characters naturally evolve. So...yeah, I'd say its worth it.

§P0oONY
Yes. Absolutely. It's by far one of the best shows on television within the last decade. Especially the first episode is simply the best example of how to hook the watcher and introduce them to the characters and heart of the show. The first season is the best and I highly recommend starting right from square one. Don't be tempted to just skip a few to catch up. One of the best things about marathoning is watching how the characters naturally evolve. So...yeah, I'd say its worth it. Co signed

Kaibs
Aight then, I suppose I'll give it a whirl sooner or later. Thanks. Yeah I always like to start from the beginning with a series if possible.

Nephthys
The first 5-10 minutes are the best just for the sheer raw emotion Hall puts into the performance. It gets awesomely ironic when you re-watch it and realise that Dex is just faking the whole thing.

Nephthys
Ba-Dump!

Thoughts on the series opener? I thought it was good, but a little meh.

Darth Vicious
Agreed. Hopefully it picks up soon.

Robtard
Wasn't bad, but the show definitely has lost it's edge compared to the first 4 seasons.

Not sure I'm liking the apparent religious theme of this season.

Nephthys
Religion is always a contraversial and awkward theme to explore. Hopefully they can carry it with grace, like they have with previous themes.

But please Jesus H Christ don't let it be yet another season of 'Dexter tries to become more human through girlfriend/friend/family/partner (religion?) only to have it all blow up and he's back to square one'! They've completely driven that story arc into the ground by redoing it over and over again.

Gustavo Fring
Religion is always a contraversial and awkward theme to explore. Hopefully they can carry it with grace, like they have with previous themes.

But please Jesus H Christ don't let it be yet another season of 'Dexter tries to become more human through girlfriend/friend/family/partner (religion?) only to have it all blow up and he's back to square one'! They've completely driven that story arc into the ground by redoing it over and over again.

Agreed, this show has been awful since the final episode of Season 2.

Nephthys
Good episode this time. I'm definately getting the impression that Geller might be a split-personality of Travis. No-one ever looks at him or acknowledges him other than Travis.

Hopefully the stolen arm amounts to something. And hopefully that something is to do with connecting Dexter to the Ice Truck Killer again. They've been hinting t Deb finding out about Dex for years and they need something to shake up the formula imo. Plus its something we've been wanting for as long as they've been hinting at it.

Also it will be interesting to see if Dexter goes after the Doomsday killer or if he gives it to Deb. Leave him on a slab like the Ice Truck Killer for the police to find. Deb needs to catch Doomsday.

The new guy is very competent as well, which will get interesting if Quinn and Angel keep acting like ****-ups while he's showing them up all the time. Again I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Very promising.

Nephthys
Another good episode. Quinn is such a tool. Anderson continues to be waaaaay overqualified to be working with these jokers.

I'm very disappointed Dexter is going after Doomsday himself. Bad Dexter! Leave some for Deb!

Nephthys
Jesus, is Masuka's new intern freaking Batman or something?

Blacktoothgrin
Shows turning out better than I thought. Quite the twist

Robtard
Pleasantly surprised by the other 'voice-in-the-head' twist.

Nephthys
Yes, quite well done. Unfortunately all the big reviewers figured out Geller wasn't real after like the 3rd episode so I knew it was coming.

Still, I thought this was a pretty good episode. I liked how it built up to Dexter finally admitting he needed to call the cops, as I'd been shouting at the screen for him to do just that. About ****ing time Dexter.

The episode did have a few major missteps though. Some things were just 'off.'

Heres hoping for a real climax. Batista is in real trouble, and if anything happens to him, it is 100% Quinn's fault. I'm actually hoping something does happen so Debra has an excuse to fire his fvck-up ass. He's been a wreck all season and he needs to GTFO before... well I'd say 'before he gets someone killed,' but that just might have happened. Also I'm interested in where Louis' (Masuka's assistent) plot is going. I think he does know Dexter is the Bay Harbour Butcher, but I don't know whats going to happen with him. Color me intrigued.

Edit: Reading some comments, someone pointed out that if Dexters still using Louis' search engine then its entirely possible Louis is recording what Dexters up to. After all, he always seems to right behind Dexter. Something is definately up with that dude. Nice catch.

As for the preview: I really, really, really hope Deb is going to be ok. Killing her off would just be a dick-move and I love her character enough that I'd be legit pissed off an a meaningless death.

Nephthys
Oh and when Deb finds the guy Dexter stabbed I hope she puts two and two together with the fact that she knows the vigilante from last season is still running around, with the dead killer and anonymous caller. This season has oddly enough already mentioned every other seasons serial killer (except Miguel.... I think), so it shouldn't be a stretch.

Darth Vicious
This season is supposed to set up the ending of the series (next 2 seasons). So I expect either for Dexter to mess up or Deb to find out by the end of the season. Louis has a potential to find out too.

Nephthys
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. sick

(You know what I'm talking about)

Great episode though.

Darth Vicious
That Travis sure is a fast painter! He painted that detailed face with a few strokes of his brush!

Nephthys
Oh god I forgot about that painting. That was so goofy! big grin

Robtard
That Travis sure is a fast painter! He painted that detailed face with a few strokes of his brush!

That was God's will working through Travis's hand, duh.

Nephthys
Hooray! Deb found out about Dexter's little hobby!

Thank you God.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SU4aC9JB31Y/Trg40errP6I/AAAAAAAABec/oF0p6o6ppeY/s1600/Praises.jpg

I have to say, that final scene was brilliantly done. Absolutely classic.

T.M
Wasn't a great season overall but the finale was very good. Happy Deb found out. Really looking forward to see how the next season pans out next year.

Darth Vicious
I wanted more on Louis. Why did he send Dexter the hand?

T.M
I think he will be the focus of the next season.

Nephthys
Dexter Season 7 Spoilers.

Yay! Looks like they're not going to go the shitty way of cockteasing the audience. All in all looks promising.

Greysen93
I'm ready for September, Dexter is so awesome

T.M
-OLyJdnLuTU

Nephthys
Ah, good. It looks like they are going for Deb knowing the truth and they won't try to bullshit their way into her being clueless.

Because if they do.... mad

marwash22
this show kinda lost me after last season. I'll still watch, but that was some epic shark jumping.

Nephthys
Dexter Season 7 Sneak Peak.

Ok, now so you can actually see.

Nephthys
2NzpnjVmuCA&feature

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj7cujXO5r1qafrh6.gif

Robtard
No sound ATM, but are we to believe Debs is so incompetent she doesn't realize her brother is a killer?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>