Silver Surfer vs Shaman Nate...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Roldz
I dont know if its been done before but who wins..

SpunkySmurph
Shaman Nate no expression

Roldz
How? It would be a very good fight but I see SS winning it at the end, his done what Shaman Nate has done + his alot more durable and faster... Id probably give it 7/10 SS.. Just my 2 cents..

thedude1948
This is a tough one, I really dont see either being able to hurt eachother, Surfer would dodge all of Nate's TK attacks, and Nate would phase through or teleport out of the way of any of Surfer's cosmic blast.
I guess stalemate imo.

Roldz
See this is where his speed would be off great help for SS.. Not to mention his got something called CA and being able to see past/future events could be a big help for him i know his able to teleport dimentionaly but SS is also capable of those feats.. Whereever he goes SS can follow and Interms of energy output/Input SS by far surpasses Shaman Nate.. I think this would be his weakness, after all his still human and prone to physical fatique...

thedude1948
Nate seems like he is capable of flying faster than the speed of light. Like when he flew out of the universe from earth. And fatigue isnt a problem for Shaman Nate since the X symbol on his chest is supposed to keep him from burning his powers out.

But I do see what your saying, I'll change my vote to Surfer 6/10.

Roldz
I dont know if Nate is capable of SofL, But he has shown Physically fatique before prior and after becoming a Shaman nearly exhausted his powers, now SS has also been shown desame but that was during his impresonment on Earth, which he was greatly depowered and during the IG saga, when Thanos w/ IG was toying with him... + he has also been upgraded...

Sub_Mariner
Current surfer?

Roldz
Yeah...

Lord Slaydo
Don't get me wrong. I think Cable and Deadpool is one of the best comics out, and is ruling as a side to Civil War, which main books suck, but I still say surfer takes it.

I think Nate X-man is hella cool and he was as awesome as Nate Grey level Cable, and he did Surfer a tussle, but he just wouldn't take it.

If Cable during the burnt offering is on X-man shaman level, he's going down.

Now granted he was holding up his whole city AND blanketing the Earth with a telepathic Net at the same time AND reconstructing the atoms of everything that they were destroying, and he did trash Surf's board, but one raw blast of power cosmic was all it took to strip him of most of his powers.

And Vulcan?

Another over rated, no real cred having X-chump, who is only gonna get over by stomping Gladiator(which unfortunately, happens all too often these days....tell you the truth, I don't think anyone has lost to gladiator since he fought Nova waaay back in like 1994. Sad, but he's the cosmic jobber for the X-chise)

Whatever powers Vulcan does have are an ill defined amalgamation of the other mutants whose powers he absorbed in atomic stasis or whatever he was in all that time.

I don't know how he mysteriously got the knowledge and power to open Hyperspace gates, but he has no cred beyond a lot of press. Screw him. He's a non factor.

Surfer takes this all the way.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by Lord Slaydo
Don't get me wrong. I think Cable and Deadpool is one of the best comics out, and is ruling as a side to Civil War, which main books suck, but I still say surfer takes it.

I think Nate X-man is hella cool and he was as awesome as Nate Grey level Cable, and he did Surfer a tussle, but he just wouldn't take it.

If Cable during the burnt offering is on X-man shaman level, he's going down.

Now granted he was holding up his whole city AND blanketing the Earth with a telepathic Net at the same time AND reconstructing the atoms of everything that they were destroying, and he did trash Surf's board, but one raw blast of power cosmic was all it took to strip him of most of his powers.

And Vulcan?

Another over rated, no real cred having X-chump, who is only gonna get over by stomping Gladiator(which unfortunately, happens all too often these days....tell you the truth, I don't think anyone has lost to gladiator since he fought Nova waaay back in like 1994. Sad, but he's the cosmic jobber for the X-chise)

Whatever powers Vulcan does have are an ill defined amalgamation of the other mutants whose powers he absorbed in atomic stasis or whatever he was in all that time.

I don't know how he mysteriously got the knowledge and power to open Hyperspace gates, but he has no cred beyond a lot of press. Screw him. He's a non factor.

Surfer takes this all the way.

however in cable 14, cable stated that x-man possessed his full power w/ the techno organic virus and THEN some
admitting that even at his peak he was outmatched by nate

also to add, shaman nate was a confirmed reality warper
which should provide with a possible edge

guy222
nate was depowered believe he's getting back his powers

nate wins

Bouboumaster
Surfer wins.

Glorificus
Surfer 6/10.

But Shaman makes it a REALLY tough fight. It really depends on Surfer's telepathy, and if it's strong enough to hold out for the amount of time needed to pull off some esoteric energy crap.

dmills
The Shaman

abhilegend
Nate wins.

Sixth_Winged
Surfer. He has already taken down god Cable who is analogous to Nate Grey. Nate might be a tad more powerful than gcable but i don't think that much.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Surfer. He has already taken down god Cable who is analogous to Nate Grey. Nate might be a tad more powerful than gcable but i don't think that much.

Wasn't Nate more versatile, anyway? I think I'll side with Nate here.

Mindset
Surfer. He has already taken down god Cable who is analogous to Nate Grey. Nate might be a tad more powerful than gcable but i don't think that much. Cable wasn't trying to beat SS.

Cable's powers were already burning out.

Naija boy
Surfer

"Id"
Wow how times have changed. X-Man is narrowing the gap in performance/versatility making the fight much more competitive.

Pre Depowerment.
Originally posted by Ambient
alot more durable
Surfer is more durable, not counting X-Man Intangibility & Shield. He could just reform his body from nothing.

and faster
He can slip out of the time stream all together, and reenter in the planck length.

Not to mention his got something called CA and being able to see past/future events could be a big help
Telepathic - Precognitive with over 300 different ways to gain wisdom.

energy output/Input SS by far surpasses Shaman Nate..
True Surfer yields greater output of raw force. But Nate Telepathy is monstrous.

I think this would be his weakness, after all his still human and prone to physical fatique...
Thats no longer the case. He is a psychic force much like Cyborg Superman, Plutonian, or Sentry, capable of reforming his body from nothing.

Yeah so you see, X-Man is becoming much more competitive.

Now we have to be patient and wait to see DnA how Nate will be at full strength. Rumor is, sometime in the future Nate empowerment will play a big part of an arc in the New Mutants.

dmills
^^^ Fair warning, DnA tend to write heralds down a bit. Not Bendis down, but they tend to like their protagonists to be somewhat vulnerable.

janus77
Surfer wins. Surfer is at present beyond corporeal existence - snowflakes anyone?

Also, Surfer can TP/mindcontrol a whole planet at once... aaaand, Nate is still a mutant at base, so Surfer could just switch off the x-gene.

"Id"
Originally posted by janus77
aaaand, Nate is still a mutant at base, so Surfer could just switch off the x-gene.

Yeah, because when you are energy, you have genes to manipulate.

Endless Mike
What if Surfer binds his lifeforce to a planet, and then blows up said planet?

janus77
Originally posted by "Id"
Yeah, because when you are energy, you have genes to manipulate.
well, it's all energy in some form/state or another.
Surfer just translates one into the other.

TheMask
Does Nate Gray have the same feats and powers he did in his own comic a few years ago? Ive read the comic he didnt do anything that could hurt the surfer sadly.

"Id"
well, it's all energy in some form/state or another.
Surfer just translates one into the other.
Only if Nate stands there and allows him too. He can atomically control matter telekinetically. Or Psionically warp reality.

It would be no different than for me to claim that, Nate could drain Surfer of his mental energies, leaving behind a lifeless husk. But you would question such actions, considering his own mental defenses. Likewise its not like the Surfer is going to just stand there, and allow himself to be drained.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
What if Surfer binds his lifeforce to a planet, and then blows up said planet?

Tough question. This a person that willed himself back from being discorporated Body, and Mind.

dmills
Only if Nate stands there and allows him too. He can atomically control matter telekinetically. Or Psionically warp reality.

It would be no different than for me to claim that, Nate could drain Surfer of his mental energies, leaving behind a lifeless husk. But you would question such actions, considering his own mental defenses. Likewise its not like the Surfer is going to just stand there, and allow himself to be drained.

Tough question. This a person that willed himself back from being discorporated Body, and Mind.

Excellent point.

janus77
Surfer can do pretty much everything Nate can and he has the same capacity to reform from nothing (snowflakes, UniLord etc).

Remember he's given the entire population of Earth a "happy" before and he's controlled and placed in orbit the entire fleeing fleet of Sakaar...

Surfer also has the CA which will scan and find weaknesses (it's a fundamental force in the universe, how can it not work?), as well as provide him with magnitudes greater awareness of energy waves and signatures...

I don't see Nate having any angle of attack on Surfer, whilst Surfer does have some truly bizarre stuff - astral plane, lifeforce binding, energy manipulation and draining - that might work on Nate.

Reacting2
Surfer. He has already taken down god Cable who is analogous to Nate Grey. Nate might be a tad more powerful than gcable but i don't think that much. Nate is not only a tad more powerful he is superior to God cable in every aspect, and remember that god cable was not fighting to his best he was doing something else while fighting, Nate will not have this restriction, so Nate takes this

Reacting2

I don't see Nate having any angle of attack on Surfer, whilst Surfer does have some truly bizarre stuff - astral plane. good luck with that... laughing

guy222
Wow how times have changed. X-Man is narrowing the gap in performance/versatility making the fight much more competitive.

Pre Depowerment.

Surfer is more durable, not counting X-Man Intangibility & Shield. He could just reform his body from nothing.

He can slip out of the time stream all together, and reenter in the planck length.

Telepathic - Precognitive with over 300 different ways to gain wisdom.

True Surfer yields greater output of raw force. But Nate Telepathy is monstrous.

Thats no longer the case. He is a psychic force much like Cyborg Superman, Plutonian, or Sentry, capable of reforming his body from nothing.

Yeah so you see, X-Man is becoming much more competitive.

Now we have to be patient and wait to see DnA how Nate will be at full strength. Rumor is, sometime in the future Nate empowerment will play a big part of an arc in the New Mutants.

sounds like a winner

hopefully no more suga man though

dmills
Suga man? Who the hell is that?

Reacting2
Originally posted by dmills
Suga man? Who the hell is that? somebody that was able to destroy all mutants with a virus, so nate went back in time and prevented this, after this he got depowered

Mr.SunKing
does surfer have an answer to Nate's reality warping though?
give the his power levels prior retirement, who's to say Nates reality warping won't affect Surfer?

Mr.SunKing
aw my bad guys. i had a typo within my reply
what i meant to say was that cable stated that Nate possessed all of his abilities WITHOUT the techno organic virus and more back in cable #14, stating that even at his peak w/ out the techno-organic virus he was outmatched

"Id"
Surfer can do pretty much everything Nate can
Both characters can pretty much do what they please to an extant. There is no limit to what X-Man can do when he can atomically alter matter, or warp reality on the whim.

and he has the same capacity to reform from nothing (snowflakes, UniLord etc).

Nathan has come back from physical death by sheer willpower. And reformed himself after being discorporated body, and mind.

Again neither has the advantage over reforming from each other.

Remember he's given the entire population of Earth a "happy" before
On two separate occasions, X-Man in a single psionic out lash, had all Earth telepaths on their knees.

Not to mention the mentally reforming Idiris fragmented mind across the multiverse.

Telepathically, X-Man is on a different level.

he's controlled and placed in orbit the entire fleeing fleet of Sakaar...

X-Man defeated the Alien Harvester deconstructing his body, and mind when he absorbed the entire planet, drawing energy from all its inhabitants.

Surfer also has the CA which will scan and find weaknesses (it's a fundamental force in the universe, how can it not work?), as well as provide him with magnitudes greater awareness of energy waves and signatures...

X-Man is a telepathic, Precog. Who can dial up information in over 300 ways. Its functions are similar to CA, and benefiting with a magnified perception over energy, and matter.

Again, there is no real distinct advantage over one another.

I don't see Nate having any angle of attack on Surfer, whilst Surfer does have some truly bizarre stuff - astral plane, lifeforce binding, energy manipulation and draining - that might work on Nate.
ok...
X-Man has shown more in the Astral Plane than Surfer. Hell thats probably a no-no. Not only does Surfer runs the chance of losing in the Astral Plane, Nate might tear it down as collateral damage. Death in the astral plane, means Norrin losses sentience.

Lifeforce Binding - He is Reality Warper there is no guarantee. Likewise X-Man can hit him with a hax a bility of his own, like an isolated time freeze.

Energy Manipulation - Nate can do that too.

And Draining - Nate can do that too.

iceman24567
So Nate is o longer depowered?

abhilegend
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nate and magik couldn't take down giant man just recently.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by iceman24567

naw, still severely depowered

he's regaining his powers back slowly apparently
recently his telepathy has returned

apparently it's been hinted his shaman level powers will
return within time

when will it happen?

who knows except the writers, we will have to wait and see

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing

apparently it's been hinted his shaman level powers will
return within time

Anytime someone in the Grey family gains their full powers, things get a little too weird. Maybe Marvel feels a Sentry-sized void in the "hero every else is afraid of" column, but I could stand to see him depowered for a few years longer.

TheMask
SS

"Id"
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nate and magik couldn't take down giant man just recently.

What comic?

Mr.SunKing
What comic?

i believe he's referring to this

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hxr1fs.jpg

Mindset
Just wondering, when has SS turned off someone's X-gene?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.