who has seen sleepaway camp?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Leathergien
has anyone seen the sleepaway camp series? is it good or even worth watching?

Zilverz
I have only seen the first installment. I enjoyed it. I think it was pretty good for the time period it was made ..

Deano
im looking to buy this movie soon. ive bought a few 80's slashers recently.

Leathergien
soo its worth buying then?

vintageSW77
no
if its the one that stars Bruce Springsteens sister
id say no

Deano
if you enjoy good old fashioned 80's slashers then i would think you would liek it.

Leathergien
ok then i shal buy it then smile

Wolfie
I don't see the hype about it. I didn't care for it.

vintageSW77
I got mixed up with Sleeper Camp 2
Maybe i should seek it out.

roughrider
That film was disgusting.
Only for those who think Friday The 13th films get ripped off at Oscar time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Big Sexy
Originally posted by roughrider
That film was disgusting.
Only for those who think Friday The 13th films get ripped off at Oscar time. roll eyes (sarcastic) Sleepaway camp make friday the 13th look oscar worthy. I have a tolerance for low budget movies and even I couldn't stand it. Bad acting, kills, stories, bad everything.

ladygrim
Nope ...not seen it

Impediment
Not a bad film. The extended scene with the fry cooked screaming and moaning in utter agony was kinda disturbing. The ending was kinda cheesy, but not terrible.

Leathergien
ok soo.. ive got it sucked it was good it was cheesy and if i like 80s slashers you should like

well i guess im buying it lol thanx

xblanex
i have on VHS
i dont remember it
i just remember the ending which was ****ing awkward.

cropsy_is_god
If your gonna buy it make sure it's cheap. The sequels arent worth buying.

bronzychick
I've seen it before, to me its a really good movie thats worth seeing i even have it marked down as one of my favorites

pain is divine
ive have the movie in dvd is it worth buying by itself i am not sure i bought some package and shit with other movies called the fright pack or something funny thing about the movie is the ending i aint trying to spoil nothing

Espantada23
I saw it and 1 of the sequels...it was more funny and campy than anything else....I wouldn't waste my money on it.

ladygrim
Originally posted by ladygrim
Nope ...not seen it i saw the 2nd and 3rd one last night and to honest i wasnt overly impressed

NormaBates
come on, sleepaway camp 1 is a classic!! It's a must see for every horrorfan. If not for the ending alone!!

ladygrim
Originally posted by NormaBates
come on, sleepaway camp 1 is a classic!! It's a must see for every horrorfan. If not for the ending alone!! i only saw 2 & 3

NormaBates
Originally posted by ladygrim
i only saw 2 & 3

too bad, Ladygrim. 2 and 3 are gorier but the first movie had it's own cheesy 80's style charm

Cowboyography
Sllepaway camp is great, its the original twist ending in horror. Not only that but its a great GENDER BENDER!! Please watch this movie, skip parts two and three (Unhappy campers/Teenage wasteland).

mr.smiley
Pretty good film.Very messed up,but good.A good way to showcase you don't need a major budget to make a horror classic.

ladygrim
too bad, Ladygrim. 2 and 3 are gorier but the first movie had it's own cheesy 80's style charm ill have to rent the first one then big grin

42ndStreetFreak
too bad, Ladygrim. 2 and 3 are gorier but the first movie had it's own cheesy 80's style charm

confused

#2 is, but #3 is almost goreless it was censored so much. Bad film as well.

#2 is the most fun with the much higher bodycount, but #1 has THAT ending and the wat THAT ending is filmed. Thus its a must see!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.