My 4 Yr Son Gets Bullied

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nerdanel
He is 4 and he go to an all boy school he comes home all timid and shaky.. He wets the bed has night terrors and when he goes to school the next day he dont talk to me.

I'm sure he i getting picked on by 8 year olds.. but he just says he falls over

So what can i do??

oh and if your going to be a wise arse dont bother replying to this thread

Mišt
8 yr olds picking on a 4 yr old? Wtf?

Council#13
Originally posted by Nerdanel
He is 4 and he go to an all boy school he comes home all timid and shaky.. He wets the bed has night terrors and when he goes to school the next day he dont talk to me.

So what can i do??

Mu sister used to be bullied by this massive kid. My parents spoke to his parents. My parents think that his father beats his mother, and that's why he's so violent. So my advice is speak to his parents.

Nerdanel
im sure they are 8.. I see the way he is when he walks past them.

=Tired Hiker=
Tell him to punch them in the face and kick them in the nuts. When those eight year old's moms come complaining . . . claim self defense.

Mišt
im sure they are 8.. I see the way he is when he walks past them.

Threaten them with bodily harm yes

But seriously, I dont know what you would do with a 4 yr old...they're not really old enough to stick up for themselves..confused

Nerdanel
Originally posted by Council#13
Mu sister used to be bullied by this massive kid. My parents spoke to his parents. My parents think that his father beats his mother, and that's why he's so violent. So my advice is speak to his parents.

i did that.. but they said there sweet little angels wouldnt hurt a fly..

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Tell him to punch them in the face and kick them in the nuts. When those eight year old's moms come complaining . . . claim self defense.

ive tried.. but he doesnt listen

lord xyz
The word molestation comes to mind. leftright

Mišt

Ha, $50 says in 8 years they'll be smoking pot at lunch during school....those types of ignorant parents bring up the worst kids...

=Tired Hiker=

Did you ever see Bad Santa with Billy Bob Thorton? Sometimes there comes a time where it is time for adults to beat up little kids. I believe this is one of those times. But you should disguise yourself! Beat them up on Halloween!! eek!

Leo.M
I'd send him to a new school... or to talk the someone on the school staff on what's going on.

Tha C-Master

So what can i do??

oh and if your going to be a wise arse dont bother replying to this thread I was bullied alot until I learned alot of self defense. But honestly that's only going to go so far with a four year old vs multiple 8 year olds. At this age his image is very important so he'll need someone to make him feel confident, that part falls on you. He should learn how to defend himself, but only if it's necessary.

Ultimately when I left my bad neighborhood I felt little need to defend myself as much, being picked on is a part of life though. You just have to overcome it.

BakaXero
well unless the teachers are willing to help you pretty much cant do nothing.
Unless you wanna transfer schools for him but things might not be different there.
all you can really do is support and comfort him. Bullying is hard to avoid.
Kids are afraid to tell adults cause they are afraid it may get worse.

bogen

=Tired Hiker=
No no no, forget all that. Give him a can of mace!

Mišt
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Did you ever see Bad Santa with Billy Bob Thorton? Sometimes there comes a time where it is time for adults to beat up little kids. I believe this is one of those times. But you should disguise yourself! Beat them up on Halloween!! eek!

Thats perfecteek! Then take their candy and run off droolio

Or hire private assassins to take their lunch money shifty

BakaXero

all parents think their kids are sweet little angels the only way to prove it to them is catch it on video.

Council#13
Tell the teacher ermm

=Tired Hiker=
Tell him that when they go to pick on him that he should punch the biggest kid in the face right in front off all his friends. This will instill fear into the rest of them. Then tell him to spit on the kid while he's down, and say, "The next time I see you, I'm going to kill you."

Nerdanel
lol..clearly you dont know my son..his teachers have said unless he speaks up there is nothing they can do..

Tha C-Master
lol..clearly you dont know my son..his teachers have said unless he speaks up there is nothing they can do.. When I finally got the courage to tell the teachers (or the admin) it actually helped, the students got mad, but it only got them in more trouble. Trust me I've been called it all.

BakaXero
lol..clearly you dont know my son..his teachers have said unless he speaks up there is nothing they can do..
hmm... Obviously he has been threatened aswell.

~Kongu_Dude~
Sucker. haha

Oops....Sorry... lookaround

Jack of Blades
Dude if you arent helping atleast dont post stupid things

~Kongu_Dude~
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
Dude if you arent helping atleast dont post stupid things

Nerdanel
Originally posted by ~Kongu_Dude~
Sucker. haha

My 4 yr on might be afraid to stand up for himself.. but a bit of advice dont ever laugh at someones' son..You might see a part of me you wont like.

thank for all th advice guy.. im going to see the headmaster tomorrow

i kinda think 3 things.

1. he needs a male role in his life

2. we shud change school

3. im thinking of karate or somthign to build up his confidence

~Kongu_Dude~
My 4 yr on might be afraid to stand up for himself.. but a bit of advice dont ever laugh at someones' son..You might see a part of me you wont like.

thank for all th advice guy.. im going to see the headmaster tomorrow

i kinda think 3 things.

1. he needs a male role in his life

2. we shud change school

3. im thinking of karate or somthign to build up his confidence

Poor him. cry

~Kongu_Dude~
I hate bullys. nahuh

Syren
Sucker. haha

He's 4 years old. Don't laugh at that, it's really pathetic of you.

Sarah, you need guidance just as much as your son does. Find someone to help you and give you advice, then you can help him.

~Kongu_Dude~
Originally posted by Syren

Sarah, you need guidance just as much as your son does. Find someone to help you and give you advice, then you can help him.

I said I am sorry. weep

~Da Rev~
You know what i like to call this? I like to call it life.

Syren
I said I am sorry. weep

Ok then. But it wasn't necessary in the first place.

~Kongu_Dude~
Nope. no expression

Storm
Educators have a duty to ensure that students have a safe learning environment.
Make sure your child knows it is okay to ask for help from a teacher or other adult.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Nerdanel
Originally posted by Syren

he is in his room watching spiderman..and the turtles he is such a freak..but my freak.

Being a single mother is damn hard..but im off to his school tomorrow to put my foot down..

~Kongu_Dude~
he is in his room watching spiderman..and the turtles he is such a freak..but my freak.

Being a single mother is damn hard..but im off to his school tomorrow to put my foot down..

Maybe if he watchs Spider-man he wants revange.

And he will beat the bullys. happy

Nerdanel
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
You know what i like to call this? I like to call it life.
did you grow up.. wettin the bed.. having night terrors to afraid to talk to your mother about it??

Slay
Maybe if he watchs Spider-man he wants revange.

And he will beat the bullys. happy
And maybe Sweden will once be World Champions of football....

~Kongu_Dude~
Originally posted by Slay
And maybe Sweden will once be World Champions of football....

How do you know I am Swedish? shock

Slay
How do you know I am Swedish? shock
I know that smorgas thing means have a good meal in Swedish or something.

~Kongu_Dude~

spencerspider
talk to the teachers some more. and well..help ur kid out. maybe talk to the kids when they r alone or something

~Kongu_Dude~
Hi Spencer. happywave

Slay

~Kongu_Dude~
What the feck. On the package of Wasa Knackebrod it says have a nice meal.

laughing

FoxMeister

So what can i do??

GO KICK THE 8 YEAR OLDS ASS. Thats not the best way i will admit. If you think that telling the school will not help then you are wrong. it will help a lot. That is what my mum did when i was bullied. I didnt hear from them ever again. and now they probably go to an asylum for creepy people.

ADarksideJedi

So what can i do??

That is horrible I would seat him down and have a talk with him then call the headmaster and tell her what is going on.jm sad

Slay
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
That is horrible I would seat him down and have a talk with him then call the headmaster and tell her what is going on.jm sad
What if it is a he?

ADarksideJedi
What?jm confused

Slay
What?jm confused
You know what I'm saying you godamned feminist. What if the headmaster is a he?
You just assume it's a she.

FoxMeister
Originally posted by lord xyz
The word molestation comes to mind. leftright
ROFL laughing

Tha C-Master

Being a single mother is damn hard..but im off to his school tomorrow to put my foot down.. Yes it is... I love Spiderman and the Turtles, he would be a cool partner. sad

Slay
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Yes it is... I love Spiderman and the Turtles, he would be a cool partner. sad
Oh no!

Bardock has you under his spell!

ADarksideJedi
You know what I'm saying you godamned feminist. What if the headmaster is a he?
You just assume it's a she.

I am not a feminist and never plan to be one!What ever she or he does it really matter?NO.JM roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tha C-Master
Oh no!

Bardock has you under his spell! Turtles and Spiderman pwn all! big grin

Nerdanel
Turtles and Spiderman pwn all! big grin

but hi fav xmn i wolvi

ADarksideJedi
Yes it is... I love Spiderman and the Turtles, he would be a cool partner. sad

Good that is a good idea.jm

Ultraman Baltan

So what can i do??

Ouch. I can't stand bastards like that. I wish I was in your area. Then I would scare them so badly THEY would be the ones wetting themselves in bed. I remember my small friend who was maybe 13 was telling me how he was getting picked on 14 year olds. They always wanted to hurt him. So one day they started messing with when I was there, and I turned around and said politely "Is there a problem here?" One of them says a smrtass comment that pisses me off. So I stand up(and am taller than them) and tell them to lay off the kid. It wasn't cool how they treated him, and I didn't like it. He told me he had no bullying issues for the rest of the year.
I faced bullies at Boothbay school, but since I moved, I'm practically friends with everyone. big grin

Slay
Turtles and Spiderman pwn all! big grin
I was talking about the ''partner'' thing actually.

Ultraman Baltan
Bah! Shredder and Green Goblin battle them to the death!

Miss Kinky
Hi hun,

Go and see the head-teacher. Bullshit they can't do anything unless he speaks up. My oldest was bullied and I called the school and it was dealt with straight away.
Changing schools is an option but don't do it unless it's a last resort. You will unfortunatley find bullies everywhere. I think getting him into some self defence type sport is a good idea. You are limited though due to his age.

General Kon-El

So what can i do??

oh and if your going to be a wise arse dont bother replying to this thread Honestly, i know parents would just wanna solve the problems themselves. But i dont like it when my father steps into me and hte bully and talks to him, it makes me feel embarrassed but since ur child is only 4. demand your son to tell you. if he wont, just talk to the bullies yourself..

bogen
Originally posted by Miss Kinky
Hi hun,

Go and see the head-teacher. Bullshit they can't do anything unless he speaks up. My oldest was bullied and I called the school and it was dealt with straight away.
Changing schools is an option but don't do it unless it's a last resort. You will unfortunatley find bullies everywhere. I think getting him into some self defence type sport is a good idea. You are limited though due to his age.
yes, karate FTW!.

I recomend some contemparay Jui jits su or a traditional Japanese art i.e. GoJu Ryu, ( what i do), he'l want something that'll train him on some ground fighting too cause often fights result in the oponents becoming preverbial dust devils with all there rolling around.

Tha C-Master
but hi fav xmn i wolvi ahhh! I hope he doesn't grow to be a fanboy... sad

That's still cool though. smile I'm watching the Goofy Movie right now...

Good that is a good idea.jm They live a bit far away. sad

I was talking about the ''partner'' thing actually. You have a sick mind, you know that? mad

Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Bah! Shredder and Green Goblin battle them to the death! Shredder and Leonardo kick ass! Venom is better than Goblin though...

Slay
Do you really think that when the kid is surrounded by let's say 3 kids twice his age, knowing a self defence sport will really help him?
I did Jiu Jitsu but I still had my ass kicked when I was attacked by 3 guys at once.

Always remember, Bruce Lee movies are fiction.

Tha C-Master
Do you really think that when the kid is surrounded by let's say 3 kids twice his age, knowing a self defence sport will really help him?
I did Jiu Jitsu but I still had my ass kicked when I was attacked by 3 guys at once.

Always remember, Bruce Lee movies are fiction. More for confidence and assertiveness at his age. A four year old is still developing bones and doesn't need to do serious fighting... of course that never stopped me from tearing people apart.

Slay
More for confidence and assertiveness at his age. A four year old is still developing bones and doesn't need to do serious fighting... of course that never stopped me from tearing people apart.
By showing them pictures of you posing?

Tha C-Master
By showing them pictures of you posing? roll eyes (sarcastic) If you want a picture just ask. smile

Meh I had problems with bullies until about high school when I became a totally different person and just overall respected for being different. I could sharpen my nails and people would think it was cool. It's being a leader I guess. *shrugs*

Mindship

1. Encourage him to speak up.
2. Go to the principal.
3. Do #1 and #2 everytime there is an incident. Be a respectful pest.
4. Document each incident; document everytime you've gone to the school for help; document the responses of the teachers/principal. Go above the principal's head, if you have to. Document. Let everyone you speak to see you are taking notes and keeping a log.
5. Talk to the bullies' parents. Document. Let them see you are keeping a record, too.

If nothing improves...
1. Go to the police with your documented incidents. Document their reponse.
2. Consider retaining a lawyer with your documented record and suing the local board of education.
3. Go to the local paper.

This is a lot of work, I know, but you will be sending a message loud and clear that others will benefit from as well. Plus, you will be modeling for your son (the best way kids learn) how to stand up for your rights. Good luck.

Ultraman Baltan
Venom is better than Goblin though...

laughing Good joke!

Nerdanel
i just contacted this club..Galligan's Tang Soo Do he will become a mini Dragons..

The emphasis in this class is on teaching basic skills and positive reinforcement.

These skills include:
Balance and Coordination
Self Confidence
Self Esteem
Following Instructions
Self Discipline
Respect for others and themselves
Energy Release
Learn Healthy Habits
Goal Setting
Train hard and have Fun

bogen

Always remember, Bruce Lee movies are fiction.
iv'e been jumped by three guys and i came out without a scratch.
i did hurt my knuckels on one of there chins but thats ok.

i just contacted this club..Galligan's Tang Soo Do he will become a mini Dragons..

The emphasis in this class is on teaching basic skills and positive reinforcement.

These skills include:
Balance and Coordination
Self Confidence
Self Esteem
Following Instructions
Self Discipline
Energy Release
Learn Healthy Habits
Goal Setting
Train hard and have Fun
Tang soo doo i can't realy argue with because it's a fine art, very effective and well parcticed, my main concern would be him not knowing close quater fighting, elbows and knees become essential when you get jumped in a public toilet, i can tell you this myself because iv'e been there and done it, anyway Tang soo doo tend to do alot of high flying kicks and alot of what i call " fancy moves" now you need to watch what sort of club that is because if he's spending his time practasing a kick that can demolish a mountain but takes 10 meters to wind up, well frankly thats useless.
Reseach is key.

Note on fancy moves: i have been in many a full contact tournament were iv'e had someone try and do one of those " mega McFly kicks" on me, they either miss or ar the easyist thing in the world to anticipate, block or dodge.

Also the focus of the club seems to be good and well.

Tha C-Master
laughing Good joke! I wasn't joking... smile

Tha C-Master

These skills include:
Balance and Coordination
Self Confidence
Self Esteem
Following Instructions
Self Discipline
Energy Release
Learn Healthy Habits
Goal Setting
Train hard and have Fun That's good. smile

Ultraman Baltan
I've only actually got into one actual fight before, and I won.

bogen
I've only actually got into one actual fight before, and I won.
thats good thumb up

Tha C-Master
but hi fav xmn i wolvi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFrDFfgtUl4

laughing

bogen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFrDFfgtUl4

laughing
Thats great laughing

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by bogen
Thats great laughing "Let's kick his ass for being different."

I try. laughing

bogen
"Let's kick his ass for being different."

I try. laughing
hehe i liked the " oh no you didn't!"
" xmen to me! lets bring the noise!"

Tha C-Master
Funny all around.

bogen
now for bed all round, gud night

Tha C-Master
Night.

Nerdanel
Galligan's Tang Soo Do have a website. i was asking one of the women who work for me. She gave me the details and i took it from there.

anyhow.. i apologise for the long reply..i wa having a chat with my boy.. He has admitted he gets picked on.. good old spiderman

Tha C-Master
Galligan's Tang Soo Do have a website. i was asking one of the women who work for me. She gave me the details and i took it from there.

anyhow.. i apologise for the long reply..i wa having a chat with my boy.. He has admitted he gets picked on.. good old spiderman What did Spiderman do?

Nerdanel
well i told my son that peter parker kept a big secret and it was hurting him.. but eventually he told mary jayne. And that like PP if he had any secret he should tell me

Tha C-Master
big grin

Tha C-Master
well i told my son that peter parker kept a big secret and it was hurting him.. but eventually he told mary jayne. And that like PP if he had any secret he should tell me That's a good thing to do btw. 1 pt for spiderman.

Jack of Blades
Well now spiderman helps people even in the real world.Hehe

Tha C-Master
Well he was made to relate to kids and teens. yes

Inspectah Deck

So what can i do??

i didn't touch your kid lookaround

silver_tears
What the hell kind of school is this?
I've never heard of 4 year olds mixing with 8 year olds seeing as how grade 1 doesn't start until you're 7 in the first place.

Bocaj
Originally posted by silver_tears
What the hell kind of school is this?
I've never heard of 4 year olds mixing with 8 year olds seeing as how grade 1 doesn't start until you're 7 in the first place.
starts when you're six......

silver_tears
I guess it depends where then, my friend started when he was 7 in the states, and then moved here at like 13, so now he's going to be 19 and graduating, instead of 18 like the rest of us since we all start at 6 here.

Ultraman Baltan
It's a bad situation. I say get someone to secretly monitor the kid. That way you'll know what's really going on. And if the kid is getting hurt, then do something bad to them. Contact the parents, school, ect. The kid's four. He won't mind.

Nerdanel
Originally posted by silver_tears
I guess it depends where then, my friend started when he was 7 in the states, and then moved here at like 13, so now he's going to be 19 and graduating, instead of 18 like the rest of us since we all start at 6 here.

he is in nursery.. they have they own section. but it happens at dinner time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.