Ryu Vs. Iori

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
I'm getting sick of these H2H only threads. Ryu is obviously in a higher class than Tekken fighters since he can smash islands. If you want those to be fair, use SFA1 Ryu. That's a fair fight. So, I decided to make a fight where Ryu is up against someone who might be his equal or better.

On Ryu's side: Shotokan Ansatsuken style martial arts (Gouken Version) all his moves up to SF3: 3rd Impact. Assume he has not been trained by Oro. No Evil Ryu, since according to canon, he has rejected satsui no hado.

On Iori's side: Yagami Ancient style martial arts (combined with primal instincts) all his moves from KOF XI. Assume Ash didn't jack his flames. The orochi bloodline will stay quiet this time, so no O. Iori.

Well, I couldn't think of a good neutral stage from either of their games, so I went with the Osaka arena from CVS2. Well, let's get started.

Superboy Prime
I believe Ryu will come out on top more often than not.

Hwoarang
LOL So your tired of your favourite characters getten beaten. Sounds like a fanboy to me.

So far in most of the H20 fights SF characters are losing. It just proves that they are all power attacks.

Without them they get owned.

shin_remy
Originally posted by Hwoarang
LOL So your tired of your favourite characters getten beaten. Sounds like a fanboy to me.

So far in most of the H20 fights SF characters are losing. It just proves that they are all power attacks.

cause they hate street fighter and when they think of street fighter, they always use the Sf 2 the animated movie version sad

Remulous
Damn, my bad, my computer is acting up, any way...

Remulous

Without them they get owned. That is absolutely untrue. SF will kick any other fighting game characters ass...well almost with or with out CHI ENERGY, maybe im the only one who understands what chi is becuase im a real martial artsist. Bty, Ryu takes this but Iori is still bad ass. Most of the threads involving SF are not even started bf SF fans and are actualy spite threads.

TricksterPriest
Gameplaywise, I have to go with Iori. I use Iori alot and he is a much more versatile and dangerous character than Ryu. For one thing, 75% of ryu's moves minimum are vulnerable to the ya otome. Not to mention the scum gale, which buktooth proved gives Iori a high tier in tournaments.

Storywise, Ryu. Ryu is now almost on par with Gouki and that's pre-oro. Of course, Shin Gouki is still stronger, but while Iori is good, he's probably not going to be able to beat Ryu at this point.

Edit: I'm considering making it SFA2 Ryu in fairness, any takers?
So, does anyone care to dispute the gameplay aspect?

brainchild81
Good fight. Iori is damn tough and might be able to pull off a victory, but Ryu will win more often than not. Gameplay wise, both are very high quality. Who's more dangerous depends on the player

Emperor Ashtar
Street fighter lose to tekken LOL, since when? All lost respect for tekken when they decided to turn kazuya and heiachi into major jobbers just for jins sake.

Hwoarang
How do you know they're so much better. It is clear with they're energy powers they could face comic characters if they wanted. But Tekken are amazing fighters like SF. So if they have H2O fight then its antibody's game.

Emperor Ashtar
How do you know they're so much better. It is clear with they're energy powers they could face comic characters if they wanted. But Tekken are amazing fighters like SF. So if they have H2O fight then its antibody's game.

Since when was tekken about h2h, last I checked it has become a circus full of demons and jobbers.

Hwoarang
And SF's not with Shin Akuma and the bloody evil blood thing.

Look at these fight then look at people from KOF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnJ9EkETybg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulgCKdRZ8q8

I don't see much of a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBtxMYKoHEc&search=iori%20kyo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XvuBsopETE&search=iori%20kyo

Get a SF video and compare when they aren't blasting all the time.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Street fighter lose to tekken LOL, since when? All lost respect for tekken when they decided to turn kazuya and heiachi into major jobbers just for jins sake.

Yeah and people complain about Captain America...watch out Cap'n; Jin's in town.

>=\ Stupid Namco.

Hwoarang
SF fanboys truly amaze me.

laughing Fool

Emperor Ashtar
And SF's not with Shin Akuma and the bloody evil blood thing.

Look at these fight then look at people from KOF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnJ9EkETybg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulgCKdRZ8q8

I don't see much of a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBtxMYKoHEc&search=iori%20kyo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XvuBsopETE&search=iori%20kyo

Get a SF video and compare when they aren't blasting all the time.

Evil ryu only appeared once, gouki is the only person who uses satsu no hadou, and he's not a demon. What does kof have to do with what I said.

Emperor Ashtar
H2H skills

Hwoarang
I had no time to find a SF one so I get one from the video thread.

Anyway I am eating so Ill debate about it later.

Hwoarang
But that wasnt an actual fight. It was player controlled. Lets get an ACTUAL video.

Superboy Prime
Watch the SF2 anime then.

Besides you do realize stripping SFers of their chi just makes Tekken look weaker, you know?

Hwoarang
Not really. Backus SF are not normal. they can you use chi. With they're chi they could fight comic characters allot of the time. And win But when it comes to actual fighting because they're all so good. Lets See if they can actually win.

I am not saying all of Tekken would win. But you lot overestimate your beloved Capcom.

Superboy Prime
It's like having a boxer fight with both hands tied behind his back with eyes blindfolded and the legs handcuffed. Which fighter looks weaker?
The one that has to get handicapped in order to give the other a chance, or the underdog?

Hwoarang
Exactly your saying without they're chi they're just a boxer fight with both hands tied behind they're back with eyes blindfolded and the legs handcuffed. Which also means they're nothing without they're chi. wink

Superboy Prime
That's not what I'm trying to get at, but nice try. Ryu can still beat Jin without Chi. Everyone else sees it, why can't you?

Superboy Prime
Besides Ryu defeated Sagat with a Mesatsu Go Shoryu, he also knocked Hugo around with a Shin-Shoryuken. To be honest he hasn't defeated anyone with a Hadoken in the SF canon if I remember correctly.

TricksterPriest
Hwoarang, the point Superboy Prime, myself and a few others are trying to say, is that you are lowering SF characters to the Tekken characters level. You admit they cannot win unless you nerf or negate the chi advantage. The SF characters are in a whole other league, and you are asking people to debate on straight H2H skill. But the SF characters are lightyears ahead of Tekken on sheer power and speed. It's one thing to remove special moves, but you demand the results of their training and 'chi boost' be negated and they rely only on their experience and straight fighting skills. You are in effect, removing what make the characters unique. If you want an H2H fight, use an earlier version like SFA, that makes it just about even.

The reason I made this fight was I was curious about the results of these two fighting. I realize now, that Ryu is probably too far above Iori storywise. My bad. surrender I'm making a slight change. SFA2 Ryu vs. Iori.

This fight is probably closer in power. Thoughts?

Hwoarang
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
That's not what I'm trying to get at, but nice try. Ryu can still beat Jin without Chi. Everyone else sees it, why can't you? Because thats not what I am getting at. In H2H I have saw SF do nothing Tekken can't do.

I am not saying Jin wins I am saying its a close fight and it could go either way.

No one has called me by my name...thank you !!

Anyway I am going to do some matches on MUGEN to cheer myself up.

Superboy Prime
Sweet. SF Alpha 2 Ryu? Does this mean he could possibly be under the influence of the Satsui no Hadou? Damn. Can't decide. Iori is a beast and by SF A standards Ryu is not on Gouki level. He is tough, but not all of that. I think Iori would win more often than not given Ryu's situation during SFA2.

Hwoarang
Why ? Is Ryu weak or soemthing ?

Superboy Prime
He's not weak, but he doesn't have the same experience as his SF3 counterpart. He's also emotionally troubled and conflicted due to the influence of the Satsui no hadou. He's still tough, but his mindset is jeopardized in my opinion. Iori on the other hand would have no problem with fighting Ryu and he's already used to the Orochi in him. The fight would be awesome IMO.

TricksterPriest
Not weak persay, more akin to having his focus disrupted. Like having a mental block. He's wondering whether his fighting style is corrupting him and whether Satsui no Hado is inescapable. The problem is he lacks confidence and focus, not power. I was thinking on a pure gameplay and storyline power basis. I hadn't considered his mental state. It's unfortunate that Iori doesn't have a similar crisis of faith in his abilities at any time. Otherwise, this would be closer. Yeah, Iori would win probably because of his willingness to fight harder and stronger fighting spirit. For the sake of arguement, Superboy, let's assume first, no Satsui no hado, and that this is SF3: 3rd impact Ryu mentally, but with the skills and power of SFA2 Ryu. Very interesting fight. I go with Iori of course, but even with his orochi blood, it would be a close fight.

2nd case: He's under the influence of Satsui no Hado and has become Evil Ryu. Obviously he's probably stronger than Iori, so let's release Iori's limiters and wake up the riot of blood. "SHAOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!" Ok then, now it's hard to say. I think Orochi Iori could win this, but if Evil Ryu gets off the Shun Goku Satsu, Iori is ****ed. But in a close combat, O. Iori would dominate. He is crazy fast in that form, and he beat BOTH KYO AND SHINGO, and that was after fighting Magaki. Ash only swiped his shit because he was drained.

In Evil Ryu's corner, he has the stronger fireballs, and greater air game. Not to mention the metsu shoryuken, metsu hadoken, the ashura senku and of course the shun goku satsu.

From what I can see, O. Iori has the speed advantage as well as unpredictability. Evil Ryu has the power advantage. O. Iori is a whirlwind of death, Evil ryu is pure destrutive force. Evil Ryu's techniques probably will do more damage if they connect, but in a long term fight, O. Iori could just wear him down with hit and run. It's a good fight either way.

That's my three cents.

2D_MASTER

Funny how tekken fans have to say "oh yeah but what if SF characters DIDNT have their powers?". Well SF characters do, so tekken characters get owned anyways. Capcom and SNK *****-slap tekken, then tell tekkens cast to fetch them a chicken pot pie.

Kaled
if the SF character didn't have the powers they'd be not here because in my PERSONNAL opinion the powers are what made the games so awesome, so i believe IF (a cursed word) they didn't have their power SF wouldn't really have got anywhere near as big as it did no expression personnally

brainchild81
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not weak persay, more akin to having his focus disrupted. Like having a mental block. He's wondering whether his fighting style is corrupting him and whether Satsui no Hado is inescapable. The problem is he lacks confidence and focus, not power. I was thinking on a pure gameplay and storyline power basis. I hadn't considered his mental state. It's unfortunate that Iori doesn't have a similar crisis of faith in his abilities at any time. Otherwise, this would be closer. Yeah, Iori would win probably because of his willingness to fight harder and stronger fighting spirit. For the sake of arguement, Superboy, let's assume first, no Satsui no hado, and that this is SF3: 3rd impact Ryu mentally, but with the skills and power of SFA2 Ryu. Very interesting fight. I go with Iori of course, but even with his orochi blood, it would be a close fight.

2nd case: He's under the influence of Satsui no Hado and has become Evil Ryu. Obviously he's probably stronger than Iori, so let's release Iori's limiters and wake up the riot of blood. "SHAOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!" Ok then, now it's hard to say. I think Orochi Iori could win this, but if Evil Ryu gets off the Shun Goku Satsu, Iori is ****ed. But in a close combat, O. Iori would dominate. He is crazy fast in that form, and he beat BOTH KYO AND SHINGO, and that was after fighting Magaki. Ash only swiped his shit because he was drained.I've been saying this for the longest. People try to bring that s**t up against Iori all the time(a sign of desperation perhaps?). They need to realize that the character they are arguing for wouldn't have even made it past Kyo & Shingo. Hell, they might not have even made it past Magaki. Ash did what he did for a reason & that reason is that fighting a fresh Iori usually ends up w/you in the hospital....or worse. Iori could take SFA2 Ryu.

In Evil Ryu's corner, he has the stronger fireballs, and greater air game. Not to mention the metsu shoryuken, metsu hadoken, the ashura senku and of course the shun goku satsu.

From what I can see, O. Iori has the speed advantage as well as unpredictability. Evil Ryu has the power advantage. O. Iori is a whirlwind of death, Evil ryu is pure destrutive force. Evil Ryu's techniques probably will do more damage if they connect, but in a long term fight, O. Iori could just wear him down with hit and run. It's a good fight either way.

That's my three cents. Good post. Iori gets slept on here so much it's ridiculous. He's SNK's most powerful non-boss IMO. Orochi Iori is just murder. Orochi Iori vs Evil Ryu would be f**kin awesome.

Emperor Ashtar
This is stupid, are you aware hworang that all the sf attacks are ki based? I'm not even talking about projectiles, basically you want sfers to not use any special moves. while tekken cast is allowed all their ki attacks like jins glowing hands., WTF?

TricksterPriest
It's sad that SNK gets no respect on forums and in the fighting game community. Hell, nobody considers anyone from SNK in the top tier in CVS2. I have heard Yamazaki as the solo entrant in that regard.

Of course he's powerful. Consider how much the player version of Orochi Iori gets nerfed in CVS2. They gave him 3/4s of Iori's life (R2: 10600) (Iori's normal life at R2 is 14000), and knocked his attack power down from where it was in KOF. In boss rush mode, despite having crap hp, he still can beat down whole teams at R4. Incidently, Orochi Iori is tied with Evil Ryu on hp. He actually is one of the 8 bosses of CVS2, along with Bison, Geese, Rugal, Gouki, Evil Ryu, Shin Gouki and God Rugal. That is a high class crowd.

Btw, Thanks for the props dude. I agree, Iori is probably the toughest mother****er on SNK's side next to the bosses. Yeah, it would be sick as hell to see these two fight. I wonder if those SVC chaos comics Shin_Remy has have that fight?

P-Geyser
It's sad that SNK gets no respect on forums and in the fighting game community. Hell, nobody considers anyone from SNK in the top tier in CVS2. I have heard Yamazaki as the solo entrant in that regard.

Of course he's powerful. Consider how much the player version of Orochi Iori gets nerfed in CVS2. They gave him 3/4s of Iori's life (R2: 10600) (Iori's normal life at R2 is 14000), and knocked his attack power down from where it was in KOF. In boss rush mode, despite having crap hp, he still can beat down whole teams at R4. Incidently, Orochi Iori is tied with Evil Ryu on hp. He actually is one of the 8 bosses of CVS2, along with Bison, Geese, Rugal, Gouki, Evil Ryu, Shin Gouki and God Rugal. That is a high class crowd.

Btw, Thanks for the props dude. I agree, Iori is probably the toughest mother****er on SNK's side next to the bosses. Yeah, it would be sick as hell to see these two fight. I wonder if those SVC chaos comics Shin_Remy has have that fight?

You said it right there. If anything Capcom really seems to OWN on this forum.. just check out the CvS thread. About Iori being slept on per se...I have stated that this is ONE forum. Iori gets so much props else where... for christ sakes even on playmore's website Yagami is favored as KOF's best character.

You want to know a character that really gets slept on in these forums?..it's Ryo Sakazaki. Sure he has simular moves to Ryu but he also has different techinques not to mention he is totally diffrent from Ryu as in terms of Story and Character. He is a worthy character and certainley no weakling...hell he was a boss character in both WA and FFS But here he is talked about like a joke.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by P-Geyser
You said it right there. If anything Capcom really seems to OWN on this forum.. just check out the CvS thread. About Iori being slept on per se...I have stated that this is ONE forum. Iori gets so much props else where... for christ sakes even on playmore's website Yagami is favored as KOF's best character.

You want to know a character that really gets slept on in these forums?..it's Ryo Sakazaki. Sure he has simular moves to Ryu but he also has different techinques not to mention he is totally diffrent from Ryu as in terms of Story and Character. He is a worthy character and certainley no weakling...hell he was a boss character in both WA and FFS But here he is talked about like a joke.

Who sleeps on iori, the dude is a beast. Too bad playmore felt they had to let him be jobbed by ash crimson just to raise ash to main character status sad

As for ryo, well, I dislike alot. I prefer takuma. I think geese get's slept on, hard.

P-Geyser
Who sleeps on iori, the dude is a beast. Too bad playmore felt they had to let him be jobbed by ash crimson just to raise ash to main character status sad

As for ryo, well, I dislike alot. I prefer takuma. I think geese get's slept on, hard.

I was just replying on the comments that stated Iori was being slept on. Trust me since Iori's is KOF and playmore's fav, he most likley will have his revenge. no expression

You may hate Ryo but come on man he does get slept on an awful lot here. I dont think Geese gets slept on as much.

Emperor Ashtar

You may hate Ryo but come on man he does get slept on an awful lot here. I dont think Geese gets slept on as much.

Thank God, Snk lacks developed hierarchy... Strong fighters always appear out of the blue and get no play later on in the plot. Saying ryo strong doesn't really mean much, since there are several fighters who should be listed as powerful as well. A good example is characters from the nest arc.

Darkstorm Zero
How long has this been going on for? Howarang, Kaled, cut it out, your not doing your side any favours by complaining about how a fighting game is made.....

as for characters getting the short straws, I do happen to agree with you guys, I play both franchises games, and although I consider a Shotoclone at the begining, he has developed his own moves and playing style, this is the true peuty of gaming, characters can evolve and develop into something completely separate than what the originals represented (I remember that there was absolutely no difference bitween Ryu and Ken besides graphics in the Original SF2 WW

P-Geyser
Thank God, Snk lacks developed hierarchy... Strong fighters always appear out of the blue and get no play later on in the plot. Saying ryo strong doesn't really mean much, since there are several fighters who should be listed as powerful as well. A good example is characters from the nest arc.

I stated that Ryo was no weakling. Who might I ask are the fighters that you say from the nest Arch? I like K' and I think it sucks how he has kind of been thrown in the backburner so the orochi saga could be rivived again.

brainchild81

As for ryo, well, I dislike alot. I prefer takuma. I think geese get's slept on, hard. Iori had just finished kicking a whole mess of @ss though. Ash cherry picked him. I hope PG is right about the revenge. Ryo just plain sux. Nothing more than a Ryu clone. SNK was NOT going for originality when they created him. They've made way more original and better heroes than him. Look @ almost any thread featuring Iori. You'll see the underrating

Emperor Ashtar
I stated that Ryo was no weakling. Who might I ask are the fighters that you say from the nest Arch? I like K' and I think it sucks how he has kind of been thrown in the backburner so the orochi saga could be rivived again.

All the nest agents, I mean they were just shoved aside so playmore can revive the orochi arc. sad

P-Geyser
All the nest agents, I mean they were just shoved aside so playmore can revive the orochi arc. sad

Yeah it sucks. Since the Orochi story is rivived it will probably be the same crap such as both Kyo and Iori taking out Ash or probably Kyo,Iori,Chizuru and probably Ash taking out the newer threat. embarrasment

Tha C-Master
How is taking away what SF base their supernatural prowess off of fair, but defending how it's not fanboyish? What the f**k?

brainchild81
It's not. 'Rang should keep that argument in a thread that has something to do w/Tekken

TricksterPriest
I'm probably not alone on this, but 90% of the NESTS saga characters sucked IMO. K' was good, K9999 was funny as hell, Angel was interesting, Whip was a nice change of pace, Original Zero was cool despite having SNK boss syndrome. That being said, the rest were serious garbage. Especially that ****ing rat bastard Igniz. God damn Brutal God Project, taking out 80% life. He wasn't even that tough, he was only so powerful because of technology and the battle data. I have no respect for the NESTS guys, they only got in because Playmore ran out of ideas and decided to please the Kyo fanboys. *cough* Krizalid *cough* . I'm glad they went back to the Orochi saga, it was the best part of KOF storywise. Yes, it sucks that Ash Crimson is getting so much face time, but look at it this way, what goes up, must come down. Sooner or later, Ash is going to have to face down everyone he pissed off, including Iori. I'm not expecting him to survive the story arc. punk I don't really like Ryo Sakazaki, as Brain said, he is basically a Ryu clone. However, the older version of him in Buriki-1 and NGBC was pretty badass, especially the new Mr. Karate. Younger one still sucks ass. Geese does get slept on abit here, people seem to forget he's not only a boss character, but he's 2nd only to Rugal and the Orochi guys IMO. It's true that Ryo gets no respect here, but maybe someone needs to try the older Ryo and see what happens. Takuma.....no. Just no. He's a worse clone than Ryo ever was. Mr. Karate is fairly cool, but Takuma is crap. He deserves to get slept on.

Emperor Ashtar
Takuma is a clone of who?

The nest characters were okay, the arc itself just plained sucked. It was one huge kyo wank fest and now, once again the plot follow's kyo :: SIGH ::

TricksterPriest
It's pretty much required nowadays for a KOF game to be a Kyo wankfest. sweatdrop I like Kyo alright as a fighter, but story and personality wise, he has gotten too much damn screentime. It would be nice for some old school guys to get a shot in the spotlight, like Terry.

Emperor Ashtar
It's pretty much required nowadays for a KOF game to be a Kyo wankfest. sweatdrop I like Kyo alright as a fighter, but story and personality wise, he has gotten too much damn screentime. It would be nice for some old school guys to get a shot in the spotlight, like Terry.

I hope ash crimson kills him.

brainchild81
Not nice. That's going a lil' far isn't it. I honestly hope somebody kills Ryo for no reason. If Ash dropped the girlie man thing, him killing Kyo wouldn't piss me off as much. Then Iori could kill the s**t outta Ash for stealing his glory and power. Seriously though, even if Kyo has gotten too much screen time(he has. Rock or Iori should be running things now), he's still a cool character that SNK needs. Ryo on the other hand...........................

TricksterPriest
Ashtar is going too far, but a brutal beatdown wouldn't be so bad. Brain, you are forgetting the timeline. Rock is 8 or 9 right now, he's too young to be in the spotlight. Btw, while I doubt they're going to kill Ryo off, Takuma was attacked and seems to be out of commision for awhile. Rumors say his attacker was either Eiji Kisaragi or Ryuji Yamazaki. Speaking of Takuma dying.... http://kingoffighters.planets.gamespy.com/funnies//afun/takumadeath.shtml

Enjoy laughing

Emperor Ashtar
Snk doesn't need kof or Gayo, it's made waaay better games in the past. focusing on kof is the reason I'm not an snk fan as much. And I find it stupid that people dislike ash soley because he's a metrosexual, he actually has one of better hero teams. Imo, Kyo should die and be replaced with K, add ash to the mix and a story that doesn't revolve around orochi and you have a good story.

brainchild81
Ashtar is going too far, but a brutal beatdown wouldn't be so bad. Brain, you are forgetting the timeline. Rock is 8 or 9 right now, he's too young to be in the spotlight. Btw, while I doubt they're going to kill Ryo off, Takuma was attacked and seems to be out of commision for awhile. Rumors say his attacker was either Eiji Kisaragi or Ryuji Yamazaki. Speaking of Takuma dying.... http://kingoffighters.planets.gamespy.com/funnies//afun/takumadeath.shtml

Enjoy laughing laughing even his own family don't care about him. Where's the story on this attack on him? I'm getting this timeline mixed up w/the one for M.Impact. They should play around w/the timeline a lil' bit. They got Terry in is GarouMOTW getup now. Other than Rock(or Iori even though he's more of an antihero), they just don't have many heroes worthy of taking Kyo's spot. K' is cool, but Kyo's just a tad bit cooler. They haven't made too many great character's recently. They tried w/Alba and Soiree, but they aren't really cool enough(especially not Soiree). Kyo taking a beatdown could be cool thoughOriginally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Snk doesn't need kof or Gayo, it's made waaay better games in the past. focusing on kof is the reason I'm not an snk fan as much. And I find it stupid that people dislike ash soley because he's a metrosexual, he actually has one of better hero teams. Imo, Kyo should die and be replaced with K, add ash to the mix and a story that doesn't revolve around orochi and you have a good story. Didn't Ash's team consist of another "metro" and a poor man's Steve Fox laughing? Ash's hobby is fingernail art. People are naturally not going to gravitate towards something they see as gay. Him stealing Guile's moves didn't help either. It's not just that he's gay, he's a gay move theif. What compells you to call Kyo "Gayo" then? It honestly doesn't fit well either. If his name was "Kayo" or "Ayo", Gayo wouldn't be so much of a stretch.

2D_MASTER
Snk doesn't need kof or Gayo, it's made waaay better games in the past. focusing on kof is the reason I'm not an snk fan as much. And I find it stupid that people dislike ash soley because he's a metrosexual, he actually has one of better hero teams. Imo, Kyo should die and be replaced with K, add ash to the mix and a story that doesn't revolve around orochi and you have a good story.

No ash is a wimp, stealing powers? what a wuss. and hes another fire user? they alrealy have k, kyo and Iori, SNK needs to stop with the flamers (heheh). ANyways his green fire is cool, but he has no charisma. I hope Iori kills his lame ass.

brainchild81
Ditt-Muthaf**kin'-O

Emperor Ashtar
I call him gayo because I hate him with so much conviction, He such a mediocore character that gets booted up to main character satus in every damn game for zero reason. Ash copies mosttly remy's moves and yeah he comes of as a huge fairy, But I don't see how team japan is any better with benimaru? Ash being a bad guy was a random plot twist, But, they have to make up for an arc that had Kyo clones and kyo as a boss (Krizalid) I really don't see Kyo as Iori's rival, K seems better.

KOF is really starting to blow, I'll stick to samurai showdown.

TricksterPriest
MI is pretty much garbage compared to the 2D series. Ok, here's the link for the Art of fighting team in KOF2k3.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/c/kof2k3art.htm

Apparently he knows who put the hit on him and what the story with the current bad guys is.

Regarding Ash's new hero team, it wasn't that bad. Shen Woo is a better character than Steve Fox, and Duo Lon was very ****ing sick. Have you seen his transmigration stamp? From wiki: "a jaw-dropping special move where he would seemingly dissolve into a skeleton and crumble into the floor, while he immediately dropping down from above with a spinning kick move" Duo Lon was inspired by Vampire Hunter D, not only that, he has ghosts and evil spirits as weapons. That's cool enough for him to look a feminine.

Ash is an obnoxious bastard, but at least he's a good character personality and storywise. Even if he steals moves from Guile, you have to see he's also jacking moves from other people, like Chizuru. He can seal moves like she used to be able to. He's jacked a move from Iori as well, following this pattern. His moves are named after the french republican calender months and....... also from wiki: "although Ash remarks that when he faced Iori in XI, Iori's Riot actually decreased Yagami's strength." YAGAMI WAS WEAKER AND HE STILL BEAT KYO AND SHINGO!

Yet another Wiki info piece: "It is revealed at the end of the tournament that Oswald joins Ash and Shen Woo to obtain drugs named 'Ryu-gan' (roughly translated 'Dragon pills'). Ash accepts him into his team because he knows Shen Woo knows something about those drugs, and he simply doesn't feel sorry when he tells everything to both his team mates, triggering the fight between the two while Ash leaves for his own business." It takes a special kind of ******* to get your own teammates to beat the hell out of each other after beating the last boss. laughing A good villain always makes you hate them.

Emperor Ashtar

Ash is an obnoxious bastard, but at least he's a good character personality and storywise. Even if he steals moves from Guile, you have to see he's also jacking moves from other people, like Chizuru. He can seal moves like she used to be able to. He's jacked a move from Iori as well, following this pattern. His moves are named after the french republican calender months and....... also from wiki: "although Ash remarks that when he faced Iori in XI, Iori's Riot actually decreased Yagami's strength." YAGAMI WAS WEAKER AND HE STILL BEAT KYO AND SHINGO!

This is what I'm talking about, Iori and kyo should never be rivals. Chris is a better flame user than kyo, I hate the bastard.

TricksterPriest
This is what I'm talking about, Iori and kyo should never be rivals. Chris is a better flame user than kyo, I hate the bastard.

Iori and Kyo should never be rivals? jawdrop Ok, I just lost all respect for you Ashtar. That is without a doubt the worst idea I have heard in this thread. Chris is a heavenly king of the orochi, of course he's going to be more powerful than Kyo, not even counting his position as the avatar of Orochi. He turns into Orochi for his 2k2 HSDM. Btw, anyone ever played against Mizuchi from NGBC? He's supposed to be a more powerful and difficult version of Orochi.

Emperor Ashtar
Iori and Kyo should never be rivals? jawdrop Ok, I just lost all respect for you Ashtar. That is without a doubt the worst idea I have heard in this thread. Chris is a heavenly king of the orochi, of course he's going to be more powerful than Kyo, not even counting his position as the avatar of Orochi. He turns into Orochi for his 2k2 HSDM. Btw, anyone ever played against Mizuchi from NGBC? He's supposed to be a more powerful and difficult version of Orochi.

What's the point of their rivalary, iori is clearly stronger?
And when I said chris is better, I mean't as a character.

TricksterPriest
It's a HUGE part of Iori's character that he hates Kyo and wants to kill him. you're going against every game's canon since KOF 95'. No way in hell they are abandoning that part of the story. I disagree about Chris being better, he's only been in 3 games, only one of which was canon. We don't know enough to judge him. I suspect almost everyone else on this forum will agree with me on the Kyo vs. Iori part.

Emperor Ashtar
It's a HUGE part of Iori's character that he hates Kyo and wants to kill him. you're going against every game's canon since KOF 95'. No way in hell they are abandoning that part of the story. I disagree about Chris being better, he's only been in 3 games, only one of which was canon. We don't know enough to judge him. I suspect almost everyone else on this forum will agree with me on the Kyo vs. Iori part.

Iori doesn't hate kyo, and their rivalary hasn't helped kof's plot since 97.

Superboy Prime
I like Kyo and Iori's rivalry.

Random Statement: Iori's appearance in KOF: Another day made...*cough* my day. smile

TricksterPriest
Too bad he didn't have the flames, but yeah, it showed why he's ****ing badass. He handed Alba his ass easily. Iori's fingers tear through solid bone and possibly metal. that's savage.

P-Geyser
I call him gayo because I hate him with so much conviction, He such a mediocore character that gets booted up to main character satus in every damn game for zero reason. Ash copies mosttly remy's moves and yeah he comes of as a huge fairy, But I don't see how team japan is any better with benimaru? Ash being a bad guy was a random plot twist, But, they have to make up for an arc that had Kyo clones and kyo as a boss (Krizalid) I really don't see Kyo as Iori's rival, K seems better.

KOF is really starting to blow, I'll stick to samurai showdown.

Agrees with everything.

TricksterPriest
KOF may have hit some hard times and currently be trying to make up for the disaster of the NESTS arc, but Samurai Showdown is worse on gameplay. Besides, they kicked almost every character of the NESTS arc out of canon and the last few games, so let's not let it ruin the current games.

And I hate to be a jerk, but can we get back to the topic at hand?

P-Geyser
KOF may have hit some hard times and currently be trying to make up for the disaster of the NESTS arc, but Samurai Showdown is worse on gameplay. Besides, they kicked almost every character of the NESTS arc out of canon and the last few games, so let's not let it ruin the current games.

And I hate to be a jerk, but can we get back to the topic at hand?

Sorry to get back off the topic but you said it yourself....KOF is now becomming a Kyo wankfeast and I am also sorry but Iori gets as much screen time as Kyo. Why bother calling it KOF rather than the Kyo and Iori show. Terry has had his time yes but not like these guys have had.

I would like to see Terry get the spotlight again sure, even Rock and K'(should have had more time)but damn all of that looks scarce.

TricksterPriest
Kyo and Iori show, laughing out loud whistle , sad but probably true. To be blunt, what else is there in fighting games nowadays that's still good? KOF is the only really great series still going right now. SF is on hold, Samurai showdown has gone down the tubes, Fatal Fury is stuck in limbo after Garou, Soul Calibur is good but no 3D game is equal to 2D, Maximum Impact is crap, and I can't think of anything else at the moment. Capcom vs. SNK 2 was godly, but due to SNK's legal issues with Aruze, it may be years before the next one of those comes out, if at all. Regrettably, SCEA are being bitches and not approving the online collections of the SNK classics. Which means X-box has the monopoly on that section.

I found this online. http://www.cyberfanatix.com/index.php?m=single&id=606

http://www.cyberfanatix.com/index.php?m=single&id=635

The 2nd is a more recent interview stating that SNK WILL NOT sign a new deal with Capcom to do a vs. series. bawling WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The good news is SNK confirmed that they will be making a new Garou game. cheers

Once again, I'm getting off topic, but I think this warrented it.

Emperor Ashtar
Kyo and Iori show, laughing out loud whistle , sad but probably true. To be blunt, what else is there in fighting games nowadays that's still good? KOF is the only really great series still going right now. SF is on hold, Samurai showdown has gone down the tubes, Fatal Fury is stuck in limbo after Garou, Soul Calibur is good but no 3D game is equal to 2D, Maximum Impact is crap, and I can't think of anything else at the moment. Capcom vs. SNK 2 was godly, but due to SNK's legal issues with Aruze, it may be years before the next one of those comes out, if at all. Regrettably, SCEA are being bitches and not approving the online collections of the SNK classics. Which means X-box has the monopoly on that section.

I found this online. http://www.cyberfanatix.com/index.php?m=single&id=606

http://www.cyberfanatix.com/index.php?m=single&id=635

The 2nd is a more recent interview stating that SNK WILL NOT sign a new deal with Capcom to do a vs. series. bawling WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The good news is SNK confirmed that they will be making a new Garou game. cheers

Once again, I'm getting off topic, but I think this warrented it.

Bakc off topic again, Kof sucks. And has been sucking for a while now, and samurai showdown has bad gameplay verses a broken fighter with easy infinites, trillion hit combos, and lacluster addition to gameplay. Even a game like last blade 2, managed to add inovattive gameplay I.E. speed combo's. Samurai Shodown is a thinking mans game, while kof is becoming marvel vs capcom 2 cousin.

Some of the BS kof allows is ridicules, you think they heard of the word "Game Restriction"

TricksterPriest
I refuse to dignify that post with a response.

Emperor Ashtar
I refuse to dignify that post with a response.

Then don't, it's not like your obligated to respond you know. confused
But, it's true.

TricksterPriest
Again I refuse to answer your provocation. I leave to better people than I.

Emperor Ashtar
Again I refuse to answer your provocation. I leave to better people than I.

I didn't mean it as a flame confused

TricksterPriest
It's pretty insulting to those of us who like KOF. Especially since one of the characters in the thread is from there. If KOF is so broken, why is it still highly regarded and still played in high level tournaments?

NOW, can we please get to something less off topic?

Emperor Ashtar
It's pretty insulting to those of us who like KOF. Especially since one of the characters in the thread is from there. If KOF is so broken, why is it still highly regarded and still played in high level tournaments?

NOW, can we please get to something less off topic? Doesn't insult me and I kof as well. I just hate the direction it's been going.

TricksterPriest
Alright, that's more reasonable. I disagree, but that's a fair opinion.

aysongail
Weee... SNK Should Made Garou 2
I Konw There are Many Garou Panz there w8ting 4 this continuation...
I want to see & Rock battle 2 each Other

aysongail
The 2nd is a more recent interview stating that SNK WILL NOT sign a new deal with Capcom to do a vs. series. WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Y? what's The Reason Behind? It is sad..
Is It True? CApcom will make Street Fighter 4?

brainchild81
Another MOTW would be awesome. SNK needs to realize they do have other good games.Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I call him gayo because I hate him with so much conviction, He such a mediocore character that gets booted up to main character satus in every damn game for zero reason. Ash copies mosttly remy's moves and yeah he comes of as a huge fairy, But I don't see how team japan is any better with benimaru? I'm not a fan of him either. Guys shouldn't wear haltertops. You think it's stupid to not like Ash because of his fairyness, but you call things that you hate gay laughing That's hilariousOriginally posted by Superboy Prime
I like Kyo and Iori's rivalry.

Random Statement: Iori's appearance in KOF: Another day made...*cough* my day. smile laughing Mine tooOriginally posted by TricksterPriest
Too bad he didn't have the flames, but yeah, it showed why he's ****ing badass. He handed Alba his ass easily. Iori's fingers tear through solid bone and possibly metal. that's savage. That was soiree he beat up. Still, it does show that Iori's a badass w/or w/out the flames. People try to twist that against him here though. See the Iori v. Terry thread

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by brainchild81
. Guys shouldn't wear haltertops. You think it's stupid to not like Ash because of his fairyness, but you call things that you hate gay laughing

I just called one person gayo, so, how does that equal things I don't like? confused

brainchild81
Ok. Then you called something you hate gay merely because you hate it. You're no better than us Ash haters smile K' is pretty cool, but Iori'd f**k him up same as Kyo. Probably worse. There's not too many rivals for Iori that'd do better than Kyo

TricksterPriest
Ash's design may annoying as hell, but I do respect the character. SNK is trying new things. See, the thing with Ash is, you just hate him as a matter of course, as I said, the mark of a good villain. You have to give him credit for being smart. K' is a clone and thus not to par with the original or Iori. His design is sick as hell though. Now Igniz, him I hated. "Ugh..., is this the end of lovable Igniz?" Good god that was bad.

Regarding rivals for Iori, in terms of motivation, nobody except Kyo really has a beef with him. Well, there's Billy Kane, but there's no way in hell he'd beat Iori in a fair fight. Same with Eiji. In terms of power, I can name a few people. Terry, Geese, Krauser, Rugal, and others. Yamazaki is a toss up. The orochi guys can beat him, but that's a given.

Emperor Ashtar
Snk is just randomly inserting chjaracters, I think we should focus on gameplay rather than a plot. even though it seems playmore is really good at either.

Ok. Then you called something you hate gay merely because you hate it. You're no better than us Ash haters smile K' is pretty cool, but Iori'd f**k him up same as Kyo. Probably worse. There's not too many rivals for Iori that'd do better than Kyo

No, I called it gay because I dislike it. While you ash haters rag on ash becuase he seems gay, Big difference.

Kaled
.....in the middle of the fight daleks descend and kill them both with they invade the planet.........obviosuly and predicitibly

brainchild81
Snk is just randomly inserting chjaracters, I think we should focus on gameplay rather than a plot. even though it seems playmore is really good at either.

No, I called it gay because I dislike it. While you ash haters rag on ash becuase he seems gay, Big difference. Nah you said ya hate him. Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I call him gayo because I hate him with so much conviction@ the end of the day we're both using gay as a negative broseph. I admit the way he likes to f**k s**t up and cause trouble is pretty cool, but they could've made him a much better design and you know it. That look like a girl s**t don't fly here in the states. Hell, it shouldn't fly anywhereOriginally posted by TricksterPriest
Ash's design may annoying as hell, but I do respect the character. SNK is trying new things. See, the thing with Ash is, you just hate him as a matter of course, as I said, the mark of a good villain. You have to give him credit for being smart. K' is a clone and thus not to par with the original or Iori. His design is sick as hell though. Now Igniz, him I hated. "Ugh..., is this the end of lovable Igniz?" Good god that was bad.

Regarding rivals for Iori, in terms of motivation, nobody except Kyo really has a beef with him. Well, there's Billy Kane, but there's no way in hell he'd beat Iori in a fair fight. Same with Eiji. In terms of power, I can name a few people. Terry, Geese, Krauser, Rugal, and others. Yamazaki is a toss up. The orochi guys can beat him, but that's a given. I'll give you Rugal, Iori'd still take him if Kyo did though. Yamazaki is a psyho w/orochi blood so he'd give a good rumble(he ever lost to anybody?) Geese is vicious and I'm starting to think he's got a bloodline of a different sort. I heard he fought Yamazaki over money before so I'm guessing he could hang w/Iori too. Geese gets massively underrated because he lost to Terry. Geese is STILL a badass. Thinking about the attack on Takuma, it'd be cool if it was Geese, back and ready to take personal revenge on everybody who's defied him in the order in which they did it. EVERYBODY. He should have a beard or something now. I think Krauser'd get his @$$ beat to death though. Terry is likely to get seriously hurt. Iori isn't known for holding back and underestimating people. He attacks whatever's in front of him.

Emperor Ashtar
Nah you said ya hate him. @ the end of the day we're both using gay as a negative broseph.

Again, how is that same, I call him "Gay" because I dislike him not because he looks gay.

I admit the way he likes to f**k s**t up and cause trouble is pretty cool, but they could've made him a much better design and you know it. That look like a girl s**t don't fly here in the states. .

You don't like ashes design becase it fits a homosexual stereotype in the united states. Don't try to to make it look like I feel the same way.And last I checked playmore doesn't like to make their cast easily distinguishable in the gender department. Ash looks no gayer than K' prime (A grown man wearing a tight leather suit) or Adolheid.

P-Geyser
I have to agree I am not Paticualrly fond of Ash. First and foremost he is another main character that use's flames and I am sorry that hairdo has to go.

I have seen no one underrate Geese though. Geese is the man who started "KOF" and in my opinion is the best SNK fighting game boss. Rugal,Ignutz and Zero(the name says it all) just cant compare. Geese is fighting demon. Geese would have mangled Yamazaki if it were for real.

I really think in terms of Iori fighting these characters Terry may get hurt, but he wont get killed and I believe Terry will win. Yamazaki may lose to Iori. Krauser may also lose but at the end of the fight no way in HELL is Iori walking out without a scratch and in tip top shape. I think Geese can go with Iori and maybe beat him. and vice versa.

TricksterPriest
Adelheid only looks a little feminine. His problem is he has a girl's name. K' is nowhere near as gay looking as Ash.

Brain, while it would be a good plot twist for Geese to have ordered the hit, it looks to be more along the lines of "Those from the past", the orochi group. I like Geese clean shaven, it just suits him.

And you are sleeping on Krauser and Terry. I think both of them are at Iori's level. O. Iori would beat them, but he's a monster.

Yamazaki hasn't really had a major defeat as far as I know. But Geese did beat him that time, though he end up getting paid eventually. Especially since he still works for Geese periodically.

Emperor Ashtar
That doesn't change my point, adelhied having his sister with him doesn't make him look less feminine. Hell, adelheid is more of random character than ash, he comes of as a filler. what impact does he have on the plot again?

People are harping about ash being too feminine, when you have rock forming angel wings with his ki, Du long having lipstick and nail polish and K' wearing a leather body suit. So, what's the difference?

brainchild81
What's gay about Angel wings? Angels can f**k people up too. Death is an angel. Just show how much control Rock's got over his ki. I really don't see where you're going w/that one. Biker's wear leather suits. I already said Duo was another "metro". 'heid looks a lil' too girly too and the name don't help. None of these characters are anywhere near as feminine as Ash though(cept duo). His hobby is fingernail art. Look @ his fruity poses.

Emperor Ashtar
What's gay about Angel wings? Angels can f**k people up too. Death is an angel. Just show how much control Rock's got over his ki. I really don't see where you're going w/that one. Biker's wear leather suits. I already said Duo was another "metro". 'heid looks a lil' to girly too. None of these characters are anywhere near as feminine as Ash though. His hobby is fingernail art. Look @ his fruity poses.

Right, because forming angel wings and having Emo dialogue like: "Sometimes, I just wanna fly away from it all" is really manly. And K is not a biker, Du long has lipstick and finger nails how is he any straighter than ash?

Your saying ash is a fairy, when the rest of the cast looks virtually the same.

brainchild81
I know people who wear Jerseys that don't play sports. Point? Rock wants to fly away from his lineage.

Emperor Ashtar
I know people who wear Jerseys that don't play sports. Point? Rock wants to fly away from his lineage.

How ironic, there also people who look feminine and are not gay. your singling out ash as if he's the only character that lack masculinity. When playmore is teeming with them, basically it's okay for rock to form angel wings and want to fly away, and du long to wear lipstick. but, ash can't finger paint?

TricksterPriest
Admittedly Duo Lon looks way more flaming than Ash, but he looks cool and he was inspired by Vampire Hunter D, who has a somewhat feminine face as well. Rock saw Terry and his father fight, and his dad chose to plunge to his death. I think he's earned a little bit of being emo. Ash is worse because of his dialogue and personality.

Emperor Ashtar
I don't really care if people dislike ash, But, claiming he's anymore a fairy than characters wearing lipstick makes no sense.

TricksterPriest
Ok, fair enough. Duo Lon looks gayer, but he doesn't act gayer.

Emperor Ashtar
Ok, fair enough. Duo Lon looks gayer, but he doesn't act gayer.

Whatever you say, Ash definetly "ACTS" more like a homosexual would act? confused

brainchild81
What's emo? What's so girly about angel wings?

TricksterPriest
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo

Rather than try to answer that inadequately, I'll let urban dictionary do it.

I heard somewhere that Iori's opening with Genjuro Kibagami in SVC: Chaos indicates that Genjuro was his ancestor. Is that true?

brainchild81
Nah. From what I remember about the SVC books, Genjuro is the guy that killed his ancestors. Would have been cool if they were related though. Both got red hair. Both mean.

Emperor Ashtar
What's emo? What's so girly about angel wings?

No, his dialogue is emo, the angel wings just add to my point. Your basically condeming ash for a "Crime" many playmore characters are doing.
Here's EMO

brainchild81
motherf**ka got more than enough reason to be depressed though. Ash takes that girly s**t to a H.N.L. Those emo definitions are hilarious & so is that song.

Emperor Ashtar
motherf**ka got more than enough reason to be depressed though. Ash takes that girly s**t to a H.N.L. Those emo definitions are hilarious & so is that song.

ore like an excuse, and this is my point. How can you condemn ash for a design that playmore uses on many characters?

brainchild81
Nah. Ore like the truthsmile. His dad was the most feared mean and ruthless muthaf**ka in town. The guy who raised you, your pop beat his pop's @$$ to death on the street. You have nightmares about you falling to your death like your pop did, blasted off the edge by none other than the guy who raised you. You don't know whether your mom is alive or dead. Some @sshole ex-lackey of your father's keeps trying to get you to be gangsta. When you say no, he tries to crack your skull open with a bo staff. One of your uncles wants to take the town over. You've got the most violent pedigree on the entire planet. Ash is the gayest looking design they've ever had in the spotlight. That's why I came up w/gaymore in the 1st place. Are you really trying to say Rock's as feminine as Ash?

Emperor Ashtar
Nah. Ore like the truthsmile. His dad was the most feared mean and ruthless muthaf**ka in town. The guy who raised you, your pop beat his pop's @$$ to death on the street. You have nightmares about you falling to your death like your pop did, blasted off the edge by none other than the guy who raised you. You don't know whether your mom is alive or dead. Some @sshole ex-lackey of your father's keeps trying to get you to be gangsta. When you say no, he tries to crack your skull open with a bo staff. One of your uncles wants to take the town over. You've got the most violent pedigree on the entire planet. Ash is the gayest looking design they've ever had in the spotlight. That's why I came up w/gaymore in the 1st place. Are you really trying to say Rock's as feminine as Ash?

Sounds like a lame excuse, terry's father was killed by geese, you don't see him blasting angel wings on his back and saying emo dialogue.How does ash act worst than say dulong, a guy with lipstick?

brainchild81
It's truth. Fact. Not an excuse. Read his history. That's 1 thing. I gave you a list of grief for Rock. Any of Jeff's old buddies try to kick Terry's @ss recently? What about uncles? You don't see me defending Dulong & he don't get as much screen time as Ash. What's gay about the angel wings? And for the last time are you saying Rock's as feminine as Ash?

Emperor Ashtar
It's truth. Fact. Not an excuse. Read his history. You don't see me defending Dulong & he don't get as much screen time as Ash.

I know rocks history, that doesn't change my point. It's an excuse, your basically saying it's okay for rock to throw angel wings and make emo dialogue because you like him as a character. Terry had a bad past as well, would it be okay for him to say things like: "I wanna fly away from it all". And how does duo lon get less screen time than ash, if they both have the same number off appreance's?

What's gay about the angel wings? And for the last time are you saying Rock's as feminine as Ash?

What's so gay about nail polish, your evidence is based on pure bias on your part.

No, I don't see rock as feminine as ash. But, his dialogue and angel wings makes him come off as an emo character.

TricksterPriest
Watch KOF: Another day, episode 2. It references that exact scene Brain was talking about. Rock sees himself in his father's place and plunges to his death with a smile. Then he wakes up in a cold sweat. That's enough to **** anyone up. Big difference between Terry and Rock is partly due to their techniques. I suspect some of that angst is cultivated. From what I hear, the raging storm is a rage technique in that it uses angst, despair, rage, etc, as the power source for the technique. I could be wrong though.

Emperor Ashtar
Watch KOF: Another day, episode 2. It references that exact scene Brain was talking about. Rock sees himself in his father's place and plunges to his death with a smile. Then he wakes up in a cold sweat. That's enough to **** anyone up. Big difference between Terry and Rock is partly due to their techniques. I suspect some of that angst is cultivated. From what I hear, the raging storm is a rage technique in that it uses angst, despair, rage, etc, as the power source for the technique. I could be wrong though.

Rocks power is the same as geese, it's inherented through blood. It's the power of hate IIRC, and another day is not canon.

brainchild81
I know rocks history, that doesn't change my point. It's an excuse, your basically saying it's okay for rock to throw angel wings and make emo dialogue because you like him as a character. Terry had a bad past as well, would it be okay for him to say things like: "I wanna fly away from it all". And how does duo lon get less screen time than ash, if they both have the same number off appreance's?That explains the big part Duo had in KOF: Another day. smile Kyo's ending too. Don't be foolish. You know Ash is the focal point of that team. Not even debatable

What's so gay about nail polish, your evidence is based on pure bias on your part.It's nail polish on a guy. A guy that also combs his hair like a girl. This stuff isn't even debatable.

No, I don't see rock as feminine as ash. Then why'd you even bring him up? Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
But, his dialogue and angel wings makes him come off as an emo character.And? I never tried to say Ash was emo. He looks quite happy to me. (lil' too happy laughing )

Emperor Ashtar
That explains the big part Duo had in KOF: Another day. smile

Still not canon, so, why would it matter?

It's nail polish on a guy. A guy that also combs his hair like a girl. This stuff isn't even debatable.

just like duo lon, your point?

Then why'd you even bring him up? And? I never tried to say Ash was emo. He looks quite happy to me. (lil' too happy laughing )

I mean't in appearence, in personality he's worst than ash. He's an angst centric character that you find in naruto. laughing

brainchild81
So he's worse than a guy who likes to damn there dress in drag?Originally posted by brainchild81
That explains the big part Duo had in KOF: Another day. smile Kyo's ending too. Don't be foolish. You know Ash is the focal point of that team. Not even debatable
& once again, I'm not a member of Duo's fan club.

Emperor Ashtar
& once again, I'm not a member of Duo's fan club.

Doesn't change the fact you claim ash is the gayest, when there are several other characters out there who look just as girly.

brainchild81
Said in the SPOTLIGHT. Seesmile Originally posted by brainchild81
Ash is the gayest looking design they've ever had in the spotlight.Several? Who?

Emperor Ashtar
Said in the SPOTLIGHT. Seesmile Several? Who?

So, benimaru with team japan hasn't been in the spot light?
And last I checked duo lon is in the spot light as well, since being in the hero team automatically means your the main character of the game. Ash was in the hero team once.

brainchild81
Nah. You know who the most important character on the team is. Give yourself more credit. Beni and Goro get f**ked up and Kyo goes on to defeat Rugal. Kyo = Main character. Benimaru = Supporting character(don't like him either). You still haven't given any explanation for the wings? Angel's are gay now?

Emperor Ashtar
Kyo = Main character. Benimaru = Supporting character(don't like him either)

Read what I said, everyone on the hero team is the main character. There is no one main character in kof, there is the hero team. There could be a character the story revolves around, but never one main cahracter.

brainchild81
Okaaaaay so the guy who the story revolves around isn't the main character? I don't agree. & neither do you. Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I call him gayo because I hate him with so much conviction, He such a mediocore character that gets booted up to main character satus in every damn game for zero reason. Ha ha. Now we're on the same side smile

Emperor Ashtar
Okaaaaay so the guy who the story revolves around isn't the main character?

Since when does the story revolves around ash, Kof aka kyo and terry show is going right back to the orochi saga. They already ressurected the God calibur team, ash is just their to make it look a little diifferent. other than that he has no real role in the plot. I'm going to swear that the next boos will be orochi, again.

brainchild81
I added more. Respond to the rest of my post teammate smile Ash is definitely the main character of that team.

TricksterPriest
God help us if they bring back Orochi. I'll join your side and condem KOF's storyline if they really do bring him back. Ash does have a huge role in the plot. According to the rival team's ending, he definetly has Iori's flames, and a connection to Elisabeth. She tells Ash about a mission to confront 'them', but Ash says he doesn't give a shit. He shows off the yagami flames, and then leaves. You're telling me that's not a huge plot development?

Emperor Ashtar
Okaaaaay so the guy who the story revolves around isn't the main character? I don't agree. & neither do you. Ha ha. Now we're on the same side smile
Ash isn't the main character though, Kyo is. . . again. sad

I added more. Respond to the rest of my post teammate smile Ash is definitely the main character of that team.
No, he isn't the whole team is always the main character, unless kyo is there.

I admiit, Ash outshines his team, But, it's only because they want ash as a plot device. And I lost faith in SNK's story writing capabilities after the nest arc.

EDIT: There just using ash as a plot device to retell the orochi saga, unless someone believes there is a major difference between the orochi arc and the new orochi arc. If ash takes the god calibur's team's power, guess who's back in town?

brainchild81
Ash isn't the main character though, Kyo is. . . again. sad

No, he isn't the whole team is always the main character, unless kyo is there.

I admiit, Ash outshines his team, But, it's only because they want ash as a plot device. And I lost faith in SNK's story writing capabilities after the nest arc. That's understandable. We @least agree now that KOF does have a main character. That's a start. Each team always has one character elevated above the rest. Hence the main character. K' was the main character, not K' & Maxima

Emperor Ashtar
All i know is that, if ash becomes the new vessel of orochi. I'm never caring about KOF's plot again.

brainchild81
Also understandable. Just focus on the gameplay then

Emperor Ashtar
Also understandable. Just focus on the gameplay then

The franchise is geting on my nerves sad

brainchild81
It'll be okay. When they deviate from the formula you get crap though. What would you suggest they do?

TricksterPriest
For starters, bring back Rugal. Never should have killed him off. He said he would be back anyway.

Emperor Ashtar
It'll be okay. When they deviate from the formula you get crap though. What would you suggest they do?

Go the direction maximum impact is going, bring KOF back to south town and stop pulling out random enemy's and characters that will never appear again ::cough:: Nest:: Cough::.

And enough with this kusanagi Bullshit, why wouild you create a character (Ash) for the purpose of dragging back kyo into the spot light?

Correlate events, where the hell is rock for god sakes. Remove some of the cast, and make more significant plot twist. Most of all make a new fighting game, enough KOF and enough kyo.

TricksterPriest
I said this already. Rock is only about 8-9 years old right now. KOF isn't the problem, it's the crappy writing and bad characters.

Emperor Ashtar
I said this already. Rock is only about 8-9 years old right now. KOF isn't the problem, it's the crappy writing and bad characters.

No, he's not, mark of garou takes place 10 years after the first kof, That's 2004.

And that's the problem with kof, instead of making kof constantly, put out other fighting games.

P-Geyser
No, he's not, mark of garou takes place 10 years after the first kof, That's 2004.

And that's the problem with kof, instead of making kof constantly, put out other fighting games.

I have to agree with this.

Kaled
since i can't remeber my orginal opinion or be bother to look for it, i'l agree with the person above me mindlessly, sound good?

Remulous
It'll be okay. When they deviate from the formula you get crap though. What would you suggest they do? First off, bring back Rugal and Geese, stick to one main character, put Rock and Kain in, remove the characters that don't contribute to the story line or even make sence, and for the love of god, give Kyo some type of projectile move. Also stop changeing the bosses so much and fix the damn story, make it to where the problem can be solved in 1 or 2 games, not 11.

TricksterPriest
Kyo had a projectile in KOF 94' and 95'. He lost it because he changed his fighting style in KOF 96' because Goenitz beat his ass. His qcf+fierce P move goes through fireballs.

I already said this once, Rock is still too young to be in KOF. Maybe in 2 games, but not the next one. Kain, a possibility. Him and Grant would be very nice. Geese is still around, so they could bring him back. Rugal, appears dead, but he did say he would be back. P-Geyser, remember that theory I told you in the last pm? I think that's an easy out for bringing back Rugal.

The story is pretty much the weakest point in KOF right now.

P-Geyser
Kyo had a projectile in KOF 94' and 95'. He lost it because he changed his fighting style in KOF 96' because Goenitz beat his ass. His qcf+fierce P move goes through fireballs.

I already said this once, Rock is still too young to be in KOF. Maybe in 2 games, but not the next one. Kain, a possibility. Him and Grant would be very nice. Geese is still around, so they could bring him back. Rugal, appears dead, but he did say he would be back. P-Geyser, remember that theory I told you in the last pm? I think that's an easy out for bringing back Rugal.

The story is pretty much the weakest point in KOF right now.

Yeah I recall and I can agree with the wekaest point being the story.

Emperor Ashtar
The characters following suite.

Remulous

The story is pretty much the weakest point in KOF right now. Kyo needs it back because that qcf+fierce p move aint cuttin it for me. IMO, he was better with the ground wave. I know that becuase of th difference in FF and KOF storylines that Rock can't be in it, so they should just speed up the KOF story and time line a bit.

TricksterPriest
There are a few characters who need some work, but the characters overall are the strongest drawing point to the series.

As for my theory regarding bringing back Rugal, "Interesting thing about that, there's an artwork showing several tubes full of Omega Rugals. This is an official piece in KOF 98. Uncanon, sure. But it suggests that maybe it was a clone. And the real Rugal will back someday." That's what I said to P-geyser. Also from the wiki on Rugal: "Adding to the speculation that Rugal might not actually be dead, in KOF 2000, any striker called, who is dead, will flicker and vanish after performing their attack. Rugal, instead runs off, like any other normal striker."

Now, to my mind, the fact that there is no real confirmed evidence of his death, and that SNK themselves are quiet on this, says that there is a chance to bring him back. Especially because the SNK design team says their favorite boss is Omega Rugal.

Btw, P, SNK Playmore did confirm a new Garou game is in the works, and it will probably take place after the first one. And yes, Rock's in it.

Remulous
This may sound crazy but, IMO, KOF has too many characters that don't need to be there. Too many of KOF's characters do the same thing DJ did for SF...nothing. If they can bring any character back it should be Rugal or at least give Adleheid more depth if PlayMore just doesn't wanna bring Rugal back.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Remulous
This may sound crazy but, IMO, KOF has too many characters that don't need to be there. Too many of KOF's characters do the same thing DJ did for SF...nothing. If they can bring any character back it should be Rugal or at least give Adleheid more depth if PlayMore just doesn't wanna bring Rugal back.

Agree'd 100 %

brainchild81

The story is pretty much the weakest point in KOF right now. I'll have to find an official timeline about when MOTW takes place. I'm pretty sure Kyo has a projectile in KOF XI too. I also want to see Geese & Rugal. & never make a King Of Fighters without King. & how about putting Robert in instead of lame-o....I mean Ryo. & stop w/the girlie man characters. Vega's cool, but if you're more feminine than Vega you should be off somewhere doing hair, not fighting the world's best.

Emperor Ashtar
Neo Geo battle coliseum, Samurai showdown V, and Rage of the dragon are all steps in the right direction. KOF should follow suit, plan games instead of rushing them.
Cause those games listed are proof playmore can make good games.

And if you can't, take a break. I dunno why SNK feels if they don't put out a kof game business will be bad. KOF is popular among kof fans, But, it's not good when it comes to attracting new fans. It's why to secular, and I feel as if the creators are only after catering to what hardcore KOF fans like and are afraid to take risk. (Updating their spirtes). seriously, snk needs to realise KOF isn't their best fighter.

TricksterPriest
With regards to SNK rushing games, they said they were going to stop that after this game. Which I think is cool. Take a year or two and make something special.
They said they were working on a new MOTW game, so that's good news. I haven't played NGBC, is it good? And finally, yes, Brain, Kyo does have his Yami Barai projectile back. King is cool, but Robert isn't alot better than Ryo. True, Vega is pretty much at the limits of girly in main characters. That being said, Duo Lon is more girley, but he has incredibly sick ass moves.
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/characters/duolon-a.html

That shit is off the hook. Sadly, they kicked that skeleton dissolve one. It turns out he had an infinite combo in KOF2K3. They kicked it and a few other moves.

Remulous
Playmore also needs better sprites and focus more on their other franchises like FF, SamuraiShowdown, and one of my all time favorites Last Blade. They should lay off KOF for a while or just spend more time makeing one. They also need to include up to date technology becuase most of all IMO, KOF feels old. I still love KOF, thoe.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Remulous
Playmore also needs better sprites and focus more on their other franchises like FF, SamuraiShowdown, and one of my all time favorites Last Blade. They should lay off KOF for a while or just spend more time makeing one. They also need to include up to date technology becuase most of all IMO, KOF feels old. I still love KOF, thoe.

Amen. Playmore relies to heavily on KOF. It would be nice to have FF,MOTW,SS,LB....and yes another AOF title. That series had potentional.

TricksterPriest
Now that I take issue with. A few characters were worth cherry picking from it, but the AOF series was kind of a bargain bin FF. FF, MOTW, SS, LB, those I'll go with. But AOF only had a few good characters. That's about it. Kyokugen is overrated anyway.

brainchild81
King, Robert(Cooler & more important than Ryo), Eiji, Yuri(annoying, but keep her for Robert's sake & hopefully she kicks Sakura's @$$)& Mr. Big. That's about it. Everybody else can die

TricksterPriest
I'd say keep Mr. Karate, but lose the Takuma side of his personality. Kasumi and Ryuhaku Todo too. But yeah, minus the ones you named, there's really nothing else worth taking.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>