Who is the best NBA player?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Currently. Not of all time.

Lord Evolution
kobe

B dot Rob
Kobe

RecSpecs110
iverson smile

Darth Martin
Kobe

RecSpecs110
its boring if i just agree with everyone, so iverson.

master skyler
Kobe, 81 points, i dont think he should switch his jersey number, cause now they have to retire two numbers! lol

Darth Martin
Originally posted by master skyler
Kobe, 81 points, i dont think he should switch his jersey number, cause now they have to retire two numbers! lol Don't worry, he'll soon change back just like MJ. He's pretty smart actually. Think about it, if you his #8 jersey you'll go and buy his #24 jersey. It's all for marketing and attention that's all.

master skyler
yeah im sure he'll change back to #8. i hope he does cause i have that jersey

Darth Martin
He will, don't worry. When they retire his jersey it will be #8 because that is when he got his rings, unless he gets more.

RecSpecs110
what kind of # is 24, and why would he prefer that? 8 is such a better # imo.

master skyler
yeah, just because that was hs. nobody even knew him in hs barley

BobbyD
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Currently. Not of all time.

Toss up between Kobe and LeBron. Heck, I'd have tossed KG into the mix if he could get his act together.

master skyler
Or if KG could go to a better team! No offense BobbyD.

BobbyD
Originally posted by master skyler
Or if KG could go to a better team! No offense BobbyD.

-none taken....couldn't hurt his game. wink

Lord Evolution
Yeah. They have been talking about his jersey sales have been going down, its because everyone already has that jersey. But if he changes numbers Ill bet people will go and buy them and he'll be on the top again. I just hope this doesnt blow over, to tell you the truth, I think the # 24 is dumb. It looks ugly on the back of a jersey.

Dr. Strangelove
Duncan.

When he's healthy, nobody affects the game more.

master skyler
Originally posted by BobbyD
-none taken....couldn't hurt his game. wink

Yeah, it would help if he was on a fast breaking team, cause for a big man, he can run pretty fast

Myth
Watching KG and Kidd work together on the Olympic team was like art.

master skyler
Maybe he should go there, their big men aren't too good.

RecSpecs110
the nets don't have the salary space, and rod thorn isnt giving up on the big three that easily.

master skyler
Yeah, but the Nets and KG could use eachother.

Myth
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
the nets don't have the salary space, and rod thorn isnt giving up on the big three that easily.

I don't call it "giving up" to get KG. Giving up is where they make a trade just to make a change.

Besides, I'd rather see Kidd go to Minny. wink

RecSpecs110
in order to get KG, they would need to trade at least 2 of the big 3. which is pretty much giving up. if the nets can get a cheap big man who is quick and versitle (somewhat like k-mart) then they wil be successful. hopefully that person is josh boone. once he gets back into shape, i want to see his potential. Damn, all my guys are getting hurt. first josh, out 4-6 weeks with shoulder, vince, with the rib injury, and now the anchor eddie house had surgery on his knee. man, this isnt fair. the moment i've been waiting for: the nets actually bringing some talent and shooting, and what happens? injuries, injuries, injuries.

not saying i wouldnt want KG in, but I dont want to sacrifice the big three for it.

Myth
I'd take KG over Vince and Jefferson, but thats just me.

RecSpecs110
i wouldnt...kidd and KG...nah

master skyler
I'd take Carter, Kidd, and Jefferson, they can run on the fastbreaks and feed it to eachother, most likely, vince would get the dunk.

RecSpecs110
not only would it not be as entertaining without the bid three, it wouldn't be as productive.

Myth
I just think a better team could be built around KG and Kidd. Doesn't mean you guys have to.

TaZ#12
Yep

ryan92
Kobe.he can do it all.dunk with finesse and power.turn games around in a quarter or less.shoot threes with as much ease as ray Allen or peja stojakovic.he can shake u and break youre ankles nearly as good as iverson can.he can steal and block better than any other SG in the NBA now,not counting t-mac.he could lead the leage in PPG,pionts,APG,assists,STP,steals,and many more stats if he wanted 2.Not to mention the countless records he's brocken or matched,his multiple scoring titles and slam dunk comp under his belt(if he was accepted i'm sure he could get another) and i believe he could get a 3-piont shooting title if he wanted.He is also the only player in NBA history 2 come within 19 pionts of Wilts 100.Kobe deservs more rings.more MVP titles.he has it all and thats y hands down he is the best player now.

ryan92
Kobe.thats it man.sure,iverson can break a few ankles and he even shook up the great M.J, but jeesh man look at the stats and accomplishments of Kobe and his advantages over A.I.who is leading the league in scoring?Kobe.who is the only player in history 2 come closest to Wilts century?Kobe.who has the record of most 3's in a game? thats right u guessed it,Kobe.

ryan92
wtf r some of u guys goin on about? man this is about who is the best bballer in the nba now, not about who u think can build a better team around.Jeesh.look to settle it,K.G is better overall,but J.Kidd is a better team player and i wouldn't trade J.kidd 4 K.G unless i already have a star player like him that can finsh and do it all that jason could help assist.Oh yea, there are other players that u can build a team around better.nash.Duncan.Shaq.leBron.A.I ect..ect..

Myth
Originally posted by ryan92
wtf r some of u guys goin on about? man this is about who is the best bballer in the nba now, not about who u think can build a better team around.Jeesh.look to settle it,K.G is better overall,but J.Kidd is a better team player and i wouldn't trade J.kidd 4 K.G unless i already have a star player like him that can finsh and do it all that jason could help assist.Oh yea, there are other players that u can build a team around better.nash.Duncan.Shaq.leBron.A.I ect..ect..

1. It was a tangent. It happens.
2. We weren't even saying KG for Kidd. We were discussing Carter and Jefferson for Kidd so Kidd and KG can play alongside of each other.
3. If that conversation that you thought we were having were to have existed, Shaq would not be better person to build around when compared to KG. KG has a ton more years left in him while Shaq has been on a steep decline for years.
4. That KG/Nets conversation pretty much ended already anyway.

RecSpecs110
OMG, I'm sick of hearing this stupid kobe speech over and over. "Oh my gosh, he scored 81. Oh my gosh, he leads the league in scoring. Oh my gosh, he has 3 rings." We all know that. I want to hear something new. If you don't have anything more monotonous to say about him, then don't say it. I hate this thread.

Myth
laughing

Dr. Strangelove
I'm sick of these type of threads. Why is it that NBA fans who come on here keep making "Who is the best NBA player, nickname, shoe, quantity of illegitimate children?" threads. Is it that hard to go in the NBA Discussion thread and ask? I never see this happening with football, soccer, or baseball. It's always NBA related.

Originally posted by RecSpecs110
OMG, I'm sick of hearing this stupid kobe speech over and over. "Oh my gosh, he scored 81. Oh my gosh, he leads the league in scoring. Oh my gosh, he has 3 rings." We all know that. I want to hear something new. If you don't have anything more monotonous to say about him, then don't say it. I hate this thread.

I live in Sac which has a good amount of Laker fans, and I hear that shit non stop. It's beyond annoying. They should just admit it that they want to blow Kobe's shlong.

Lord Evolution
laughing laughing laughing

O man, non Kobe fans hate hearing that, but its music to my ears.

You know what, I hate it when people are constantly reminding me of Lebrons age. OMFG IF HE CAN DO THIS NOW................

Myth
Yeah, Kobe was nothing compared to LeBron at 21 wink

Lord Evolution
Who the hell cares??? no

Its about what Kobe is right now vs what Lebron is right now, Kobe is better and I could care less about Kobe at 21 vs Lebron.

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by Lord Evolution

O man, non Kobe fans hate hearing that, but its music to my ears.

You know what, I hate it when people are constantly reminding me of Lebrons age. OMFG IF HE CAN DO THIS NOW................

yeah but a LOT more people talk about kobe than lebron, especially in this forum with what...500 million kobe fans?

Myth
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Who the hell cares??? no

Its about what Kobe is right now vs what Lebron is right now, Kobe is better and I could care less about Kobe at 21 vs Lebron.

I was being sarcastic since you said, "You know what, I hate it when people are constantly reminding me of Lebrons age. OMFG IF HE CAN DO THIS NOW................"

Thats why I included the " wink "

BloodyHell222
Don't worry, he'll soon change back just like MJ. He's pretty smart actually. Think about it, if you his #8 jersey you'll go and buy his #24 jersey. It's all for marketing and attention that's all.

Actually 24 was Kobe's High School number...

Darth Martin
I would actually put A.I. right under Bryant. Bryant being bigger just gives him a little more versatility that's all.

TaZ#12
Originally posted by Myth
Yeah, Kobe was nothing compared to LeBron at 21 wink

Kobe was playing with legends, not " i dont know, if he shows me something in the next 3 years he could be." Kobe was playing with players who were showing up and still are showing up.

Darth Martin
Yea Jordan, Wilkins, Robinson, Barkley, Drexler and a few others were still playing when Kobe came in.

TaZ#12
I wasnt trying to downgrade LeBron, because there are some great players in the league right now.

Darth Martin
Elton Brand isn't playing like he did last year. Right now, Yao is most dominant. Until, Shaq comes back that is.

TaZ#12
Sorry, but I think that Shaq has lost a COUPLE of steps in his game. And yeah, Yao is dominating, he has finally found out about his size comparsion.

guy222
Originally posted by TaZ#12
Sorry, but I think that Shaq has lost a COUPLE of steps in his game. And yeah, Yao is dominating, he has finally found out about his size comparsion.

shaq's a baby should have taken dr buss money played second fiddle to wade why not w/kobe he's a ***** still lazy 350+ lbs won a title last year should have retired big grin

Myth
Wow, learn sentence structure.

In case you forgot, Kobe and Shaq simply did not get along. That is why he wouldn't play second fiddle to Kobe.

Darth Martin
Kobe and Shaq are still a better duo than Wade and company tho

Myth
Oh, no argument there, but without guaranteed championships, it wasn't worth it to them.

Darth Martin
I think if Shaq were to go there now they would get along.

TaZ#12
Yeah they would get along better, because they both have approved, but would Phil, Kobe, and Shaq get along?

koolruningz
It still wouldnt work because Phil is in Kobe's corner now and before he was always in Shaq's. Honestly the whole drama was about as immature as it gets in pro sports. There's a book called "The Show" by Roland Lazenby which documents the feud and gives you a perspective from someone that was there, rather than the Chinese whispers stories that BSPN put out.

TaZ#12
I see.

Darth Martin
Yeah they would get along better, because they both have approved, but would Phil, Kobe, and Shaq get along? Yes they would, the onl;y reason Phil's more in Kobe's corner now is cuz he play's for him. Duh, it's common sense. Would you still be with Shaq or would you move on and go with Kobe.

Imagine it!

The Best Coach
The Most Dominant Player
The Best Player

koolruningz
The fact the Phil is in Kobes corner now would not sit well with Shaq and that alone would be enough to create "The Feud pt 2". scared

Darth Martin
Naw cuz Kobe is not stupid enough to jack up half court shots instead of give the ball to shaq

TaZ#12
Kobe is better then Shaq, although Shaq is dominate. So all the Shaq lovers, he is getting old, and should retire now before he loses 10 steps instead of one and the injuries also.

speiderman
michael jordan
close second would be Dwayne Wade
and third kobe

that is my top three list

Myth
Kobe is better then Shaq, although Shaq is dominate. So all the Shaq lovers, he is getting old, and should retire now before he loses 10 steps instead of one and the injuries also.

I don't think Shaq is in need to retire. His stats don't need to be high to have an impact on the game. I say once he is reduced to backup center, it is time to go.

TaZ#12
I don't think Shaq is in need to retire. His stats don't need to be high to have an impact on the game. I say once he is reduced to backup center, it is time to go.

No but him being in the game makes a difference in everybody's game plan. He can still dominate down low.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by speiderman
michael jordan
close second would be Dwayne Wade
and third kobe

that is my top three list 2 things for you my friend:
1. Wade over Kobe sick
2. This thread is Best player currently. No MJ

And Taz as for Shaqn retiring NO! He's still dominant and has years left in him, he's just slower that's all. He needs to take his fat*** back to L.A. and play with The Great One!

speiderman
I stand by my list. MJ is the best ever. And I believe that Wade is better for several reasons than kobe. Wade is more marketable and more people than ever agree with me

TaZ#12
2 things for you my friend:
1. Wade over Kobe sick
2. This thread is Best player currently. No MJ

And Taz as for Shaqn retiring NO! He's still dominant and has years left in him, he's just slower that's all. He needs to take his fat*** back to L.A. and play with The Great One!

No Shaq can stay there, I don't want the Lakers to look out of shape.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by speiderman
I stand by my list. MJ is the best ever. And I believe that Wade is better for several reasons than kobe. Wade is more marketable and more people than ever agree with me You put Wade a close second behind MJ( I stress close.) and marketing has nothing to do with it. What are some other reasons Wade is better than Kobe?

TaZ#12
There aren't any reasons

MJ
Kobe
Wilt
my top 3

Darth Martin
My Top Ten of all-time in their prime.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kareem-Abdul Jabbar
5. Oscar Robertson
6. Larry Bird
7. Buill Russell
8. Magic Johnson
9. Elgin Baylor
10. Hakeem Olajuwon

TaZ#12
Nice, only one person still playing, and he deserves to be there.

Darth Martin
You could put Shaq up there too.

TaZ#12
Possibly, but who would you take out?

Darth Martin
Elgin or Hakeem

TaZ#12
Ok.

teampac08
Ok I dont know why people are putting up past players when the thread is asking for the best current player. Kobe is the best overall player in the league hands down. For one thing he is the most lethal player on the offensive end. Last year he led with ppg average and this year is the same. He is currently on a three game streak of at least 50 points. He is also an elite defender. Last year he made it to the first team defensive. Dont believe the media when they tell you that he's not the best. A lot of them are east coast bias not to mention they hate kobe because of his personality. If you ask the players, coaches, and owners of the league the vast majority will tell you who is the best player in the game right now. Kobe. If you want me to compare Kobe to other current players I'll be glad to, just tell me. I'll give you legit reasons as to why Kobe is on a whole new level compared to other all stars.

Myth
Originally posted by teampac08
If you want me to compare Kobe to other current players I'll be glad to, just tell me.

Compare him to Rashard Lewis wink

wuTa
I would like to know how there is an east coast bias in the NBA.

TaZ#12
Good question.

teampac08
Originally posted by wuTa
I would like to know how there is an east coast bias in the NBA.

A lot of the nba analysts, like espn commentators, favor east coast players like lebron and wade. This was even brought up on espn.com by a west coast commentator once. Dont get me wrong, lebron and wade are good but kobe's in his prime right now. He's on a whole new level, making history here and there.

teampac08
Compare him to Rashard Lewis wink

Kobe is better than rashard lewis in every aspect of the game except shooting, which is highly debatable. Kobe is a better defender, playmaker, leader, overall scorer, and clutch player. Closest player in terms of offense is a healthy TMac, but Kobe is still better.

wuTa
A lot of the nba analysts, like espn commentators, favor east coast players like lebron and wade. This was even brought up on espn.com by a west coast commentator once. Dont get me wrong, lebron and wade are good but kobe's in his prime right now. He's on a whole new level, making history here and there.

You wouldn't happen to know the names of these commentators would you. Commentators mention Dirk, Nash, Lebron, Kobe, and Wade as the top players in the league, thats 3 players from the west, two from the east, and Wade hasn't even been talked about since his injury. Not to mention, that everyone knows, including every commentator in the world that the West is stronger than the East. I think your more Kobe bias, than ESPN is East coast bias. Kobe is great, thats no secret, and hasn't been for the past 9 or 10 years.

teampac08
You wouldn't happen to know the names of these commentators would you. Commentators mention Dirk, Nash, Lebron, Kobe, and Wade as the top players in the league, thats 3 players from the west, two from the east, and Wade hasn't even been talked about since his injury. Not to mention, that everyone knows, including every commentator in the world that the West is stronger than the East. I think your more Kobe bias, than ESPN is East coast bias. Kobe is great, thats no secret, and hasn't been for the past 9 or 10 years.

This was argued on daily dime at espn.com. Yes they're saying that Nash and Dirk are MVPs but a few months ago they had an argument over whos the most talented player in the league. They were basically saying that Lebron and Wade were the best. Dont get me wrong those two are great, but they're not as good as Kobe. I think you're confused at what I'm trying to get at. I never argued that the East is overall better than the West, that's just plain dumb. I'm not even arguing about who's the mvp this season. I'm talking about who's the most talented player in the league. That goes to Kobe, hands down. I forgot who the exact ESPN analysts were but many dont even like Kobe because of his personality, which sucks because you should judge his skills based on what he does on the court, not off of it. I must admit though, many more analysts are giving him back his respect since his image is cleaning up. Shouldnt be that way though, the respect should have always been there in the first place.

teampac08
By the way WuTa, who do you think is the best player in the league? If you think it's kobe, then I dont know why you're arguing with me. If not, then I'll give you reasons why Kobe is the best player in the league. I'm not Kobe bias if I can back up my reasons.

wuTa
Yea, I was confused. I know you weren't saying the East was better than the West, I was just pointing out that the commentators know, and point out Kobe plays in the West, and is in a tougher conference than Wade or Lebron, debunking the East Coast bias theory. If they said Wade or Lebron has more talent than Kobe, than that doesn't exactly make them East Coast bias, thats what I was trying to say. I gurantee you there not saying that at the moment.

Who do I think think is the best player in the League? Well, right now I would probaly give the MVP to Dirk, but just barely. Talent wise, I don't know how you can not say Kobe after the display he is putting on, but just because he has the most talent, doens't neccesarly make him the best player in the league. Wilt Chamberlain was more talented than Bill Russell, and look how that turned out.

teampac08
Yea, I was confused. I know you weren't saying the East was better than the West, I was just pointing out that the commentators know, and point out Kobe plays in the West, and is in a tougher conference than Wade or Lebron, debunking the East Coast bias theory. If they said Wade or Lebron has more talent than Kobe, than that doesn't exactly make them East Coast bias, thats what I was trying to say. I gurantee you there not saying that at the moment.

Who do I think think is the best player in the League? Well, right now I would probaly give the MVP to Dirk, but just barely. Talent wise, I don't know how you can not say Kobe after the display he is putting on, but just because he has the most talent, doens't neccesarly make him the best player in the league. Wilt Chamberlain was more talented than Bill Russell, and look how that turned out.

First off, they give mvps out to the best player on an elite team. Second, the media gives it out, which is why it's so hard for kobe to win it. He should have at least have one by now. Last year he deserved it. He took an undeserving team to the playoffs and gave the suns a run for their money. Dirk is great but look at that deep lineup. Give Kobe that lineup and I guarantee you we'll win the championship. Same thing with Bill. He alway had stars around him, the best lineup around him. Wilt is a better center that Russell, that's a given. And if you havent heard of the east coast bias then I'm not even goin to explain it to you anymore. It's not a theory I made up, a lot of fans and analysts know about it as well.

Darth Martin
First off, they give mvps out to the best player on an elite team. Second, the media gives it out, which is why it's so hard for kobe to win it. He should have at least have one by now. Last year he deserved it. He took an undeserving team to the playoffs and gave the suns a run for their money. Dirk is great but look at that deep lineup. Give Kobe that lineup and I guarantee you we'll win the championship. Same thing with Bill. He alway had stars around him, the best lineup around him. Wilt is a better center that Russell, that's a given. And if you havent heard of the east coast bias then I'm not even goin to explain it to you anymore. It's not a theory I made up, a lot of fans and analysts know about it as well. I agree with what your saying. Mostly why there talking about LeBron and Wade is because they are trying to gain a new image with their faces on it.

wuTa
First off, they give mvps out to the best player on an elite team. Second, the media gives it out, which is why it's so hard for kobe to win it. He should have at least have one by now. Last year he deserved it. He took an undeserving team to the playoffs and gave the suns a run for their money. Dirk is great but look at that deep lineup. Give Kobe that lineup and I guarantee you we'll win the championship. Same thing with Bill. He alway had stars around him, the best lineup around him. Wilt is a better center that Russell, that's a given. And if you havent heard of the east coast bias then I'm not even goin to explain it to you anymore. It's not a theory I made up, a lot of fans and analysts know about it as well.

Bill shut down Wilt everytime they played each other. Kobe played like an MVP last year in the playoffs, not the season., I love how all the Laker/Kobe fans say he should deserve the MVP because of 7 games. So your going to hold it agaisnt Dirk, and Russell that they had a good players around them, I guess your going to have to hold those 3 championships rings Kobe has against him, or the 6 Jordan has against him as well. Last time Lakers, and there fans gurantee a championship was against the Pistons, and they really came through on that one. The East Coast Bias exist in college, not in the NBA. ESPN, TNT, ABC, they all cover and analyse West and East Coast games, where as in College, most of the media attention is on the East Coast.

teampac08
Bill shut down Wilt everytime they played each other. Kobe played like an MVP last year in the playoffs, not the season., I love how all the Laker/Kobe fans say he should deserve the MVP because of 7 games. So your going to hold it agaisnt Dirk, and Russell that they had a good players around them, I guess your going to have to hold those 3 championships rings Kobe has against him, or the 6 Jordan has against him as well. Last time Lakers, and there fans gurantee a championship was against the Pistons, and they really came through on that one. The East Coast Bias exist in college, not in the NBA. ESPN, TNT, ABC, they all cover and analyse West and East Coast games, where as in College, most of the media attention is on the East Coast.

Dude shutting down someone every now and then doesnt make you an overall better player. That's like saying Bowen is better than Kobe because he's shut him down a couple of times. Point is Wilt is a better center than Bill, just look at the statistics besides the rings. There wasnt as much competition amongst teams during that era and Bill always had hall of famers surrounding him. Wilt didnt win until he got legit all stars around him, West and Goodrich. Kobe deserved it hands down last year. For one thing he put up one of the best scoring seasons by an individual player in the history of the game. Second, he brought the second youngest team last year to the playoffs when the majority of people thought it wasnt goin to happen. Kwame Brown, Smush, Luke, Cook? Who can bring this sorry team to the playoffs beside Kobe? He averages 35 a game, 81 in a single game, 62 in three quarters, hit 40 points 27 times and you're saying he didnt play like an mvp until the playoffs? And I'm not holding it against Dirk, dude is a worthy candidate for MVP. Thing is, three rings speak a lot, which helps my argument. If given legit backup, Kobe can win a ring. What do you think is the definition of MOST VALUABLE? By those words, wouldnt it mean the player most important to the team and if taken away from that team they're screwed? Take away Dirk from Dallas and they're still a good team because of that deep lineup, take away Nash from the Suns and they'll still be good with Marion and Amare with Barbosa running the offense. Take away Kobe from the Lakers and we're a lottery draft team. No person holds that much weight for a team like Kobe. Kobe's literally the difference between a good team right now and a lottery draft team. As for the east coast bias, I've already explained that. If you dont want to believe it fine, but it still exists.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.