Jack confesses his love for Liz???????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

antonia31h
when does that happen?in the leaked script?are those the pages 50 and something that were missing?

savvysparrow
LOL, not exactly. What you have to keep in mind with Jack's character is that he proves himself with his actions and not his words. The writers have said as much.

You could say that his returning to the Pearl at the end of DMC and the admiration in his face as he calls Elizabeth a "pirate" was his way of expressing that love.

With Jack, it's about subtlety. So much of the love his has for Elizabeth is hidden, implied but never declared. It's not his nature to declare it in fancy speeches. He's the type of person who tends to hide how he feels with jokes, with sarcasm.
You have to go back and closely examine their scenes together in the AWE rough draft to really get the bigger picture. But, it was the same with DMC.

LovelyOne
exactly..his true emotions come out when he says nothing at all smile

which is probably going to be the main problem when it coms to Elizabeth finally accepting her feelings for Jack..he has to say it to her but I cant imagine him saying it...he does it through actions not words..like at the end of DMC..he came back for her and I think she realized what this meant..hence her reaction to it.

savvysparrow
Ah, so you're of the mind that Elizabeth sacrificed Jack because she was frightened of the implications too?

I think we pretty much can glean from the script that the issue is not so much that they don't care for each other, but whether or not they can admit it. Elizabeth is in a fairly heavy state of denial, and Jack is so reserved when it comes to emotion. Ha! He also gets very tongue tied around her at times (after each of their scenes in DMC, it always looks like he wants to say more but can't).

So, his lack of ability to communicate his emotions contributes to the idea that Jack doesn't have a heart.

Will says: I won't see her giving her heart to a man who has none.

It's not so much that he doesn't have a heart or isn't capable. I think its ironic that the man who uses words for a weapon is immobilized and undone by them when it comes to expressing love.

I don't see him expressing it either. But I'm of the mind that he won't have to. Someone will figure it out. Will has already figured it out and I suspect also Barbossa, Gibbs, and pretty much every one but Elizabeth. Either they'll clue her in, or Elizabeth will come to accept what Jack's actions really mean.

willofthewisp
Jack confesses his love by not screaming or threatening her when she ties him to the mast and leaves him to die. What else can that be other than love? He SMILES at her and just wants another kiss. No woman is that hot or that tempting that a man about to die would lean in for another kiss just being in lust. Jack has fallen hard for Liz, and the fact he let her get away with it should have clued her in that he loves her, if coming back for her to the Pearl didn't already.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Jack confesses his love by not screaming or threatening her when she ties him to the mast and leaves him to die. What else can that be other than love? He SMILES at her and just wants another kiss. No woman is that hot or that tempting that a man about to die would lean in for another kiss just being in lust. Jack has fallen hard for Liz, and the fact he let her get away with it should have clued her in that he loves her, if coming back for her to the Pearl didn't already.

Ya IMO....he said that he LOVED HER just by coming back to the ship to save her/them....if she hadnt been on the ship Jack would have continued until he reached land with no regrets...but since the LOVE OF HIS LIFE WAS ON THE SHIP he went back! *sighs* Love can make u do some crazy things...LOL!!

Chiki Mina
Well Jacks action speaks louder than words. He showed that he loves her by rescuing her from the kraken and face the beastie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.