New York, New York

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
I used to listen to alot of hip hop and you always hear about how rappers always go on about how rough New York is. People would say some shit like "Oh its laid back in LA, but its rougher in NYC." Obvously I dont know but to me a ghetto is ghetto, regardless of wether it NYC or LA. It really set in when I was watching a rap documentary which had the Boo Yah Tribe, where one of the members stated "All we were about was killing." Now im not saying that thats a good thing, but its just seems that NYC rappers got this thing that LA aint rough, I think they were just jealous cos LA had a worse reputation. Also DC seems pretty ****ing rough.

Im from the UK and interestingly enough some areas of th UK are pretty bad. Like we got Manchester, which is nicknamed Gunchester. Gun crime is getting worse in the UK but it seems Manchester for a long time was one of the worst areas. Another area is Glasgow, which has a highier murder rate than New York! It must be pretty bad there cos Glasgow is alot smaller than NYC. Most crime in Glasgow is knife related and it seems that even if they could shot you, people just prefer to stab people.

There are also some parts of Belguim which are pretty rough

Then theres Brazil which seems would put some ghettoes in NYC to shame.

Anyway I dont know what my point is. I guess im saying alot of people from NYC ghettoes seem to think that the only ghettoes exist in America.

PVS
Originally posted by Alfheim
Anyway I dont know what my point is.

join the club

Quiero Mota
NYC and LA are both have their ghetto areas, but New York is the older bigger city which is why I think those vatos say that. DC is pretty ****ing ghetto too.

Inspectah Deck
Now im not saying that thats a good thing, but its just seems that NYC rappers got this thing that LA aint rough, I think they were just jealous cos LA had a worse reputation.

where did you hear that?

Bardock42
I can't believe I read all that. What....nonsensical..incoherent.....stuff.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
okay, that's nice to hear.

Hey man dont take it personal. Its not even like im saying im correct, im just talking.

Originally posted by Bardock42
I can't believe I read all that. What....nonsensical..incoherent.....stuff.

Mate im just bored, and I just put this up.

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
NYC and LA are both have their ghetto areas, but New York is the older bigger city which is why I think those vatos say that. DC is pretty ****ing ghetto too.

I dont know what music you like , but have you heard of a hardcore band called Stout from DC? Pretty brutal.

Bardock42

Mate im just bored, and I just put this up.

Good, it stil makes me want to say badoodle....dudel...I don't even know what badoodle means...

Anyways, so, what's your point?

Inspectah Deck
Hey man dont take it personal. Its not even like im saying im correct, im just talking.

i'm not taking it personally. just that alot of what you wrote isn't even true.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Bardock42
Good, it stil makes me want to say badoodle....dudel...I don't even know what badoodle means...

Anyways, so, what's your point?

Well...ummmm...God is that the time?? Anyway I guess im challenging a steretype that NYC is the roughest area. *shrug*

Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
i'm not taking it personally. just that alot of what you wrote isn't even true.

Yeah you're probably right, but do you remember when Mad Skills came out with his album. I think it was entitled "From Where???". I dont think its like that now but I kinda got the impression if you were a rapper and you were not from LA or NYC you got no respect.

I dont know about now, but American rappers tend not to give UK rappers any respect either. This is a while ago but in 96 the Wu tang went onto a radio station and basically took the piss out of all the listeners playing pranks on them, it was very disrespectful.

Inspectah Deck
Yeah you're probably right, but do you remember when Mad Skills came out with his album. I think it was entitled "From Where???". I dont think its like that now but I kinda got the impression if you were a rapper and you were not from LA or NYC you got no respect.

hip hop thread

Alfheim
Uh ok. I just thought the general discussion forum was basically like OT, so it didnt matter. Ok im off to the hip hop forum

Capt_Fantastic

That's true. I've not spent a whole lot of time in LA, but between Washington and NYC, Washington wins hands down for finding myself in scary places. And I'm not usually too concerned with walking through bad neighborhoods. But I got worried in DC.

Storm
There are also some parts of Belguim which are pretty rough

Please elaborate.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Storm
Please elaborate.

By the way bare in mind.....I dont claim to to be an expert on this topic, but apparently theres this place called H8000 in Belgum which is supposed to be notorius. Remember i was just bored and I decided to put this thread up....please dont hurt me.

Storm
This H8000?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Storm
This H8000?

Yeah thats it......I think.

Im just into metalcore/hardcore and alot of good bands come from really rough areas.

Actually Im confused it seems its a scene and not really an area....um think i screwed up...doh!

debbiejo
New York is scary I hear, it's really really big..cry....... but DCA has the highest crime rate in the US.

Lyna303
lets just say this...the "ghettos" in idaho aren't gonna be as bad as the ones in new york

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Lyna303
the "ghettos" in idaho

What ghettos? laughing out loud

Lyna303
lol exactly...laughing out loud

Mr. Sandman
Honestly, NYC has gotten better as a whole, but there are certain parts you just don't go.

My friend won't leave his home in Flatbush past 10:30, the Taxis leave and don't reenter the area after 11, and cops are nowhere to be found.

Just walking through there can get you shot. And it's not even the worst spot. There's still most off the rest of Brooklyn and the South Bronx.

Hell, just Saturday my step-sister had a gun pulled on her for a parking space.

Inspectah Deck

the potato farms of course

debbiejo
Most cities have ghettos.............Detroit sure does, as some nice places as St. Thomas Virgin Islands...............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.