Eurodance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

M.T. STYLE
Eurodance Fans, POST HERE.

My Favourite Eurodance songs:

Love Is Paradise - First Base
I Got To Give It Up - Masterboy
Tonight Is The Night - Le Click
Call Me - Le Click
Butterfly - Smile Dk
Another Night - Real McCoy
Is This The Love - Masterboy
Be My Lover - La Bouche
More & More - Captain Hollywood
Dreams - 2 Brothers On The 4th Floor
There Is A Star - Pharao
Rock My Heart - Haddaway
What Is Love - Haddaway
Rhythm Is A Dancer - Snap!
Touch The Sky - Cartouche
Close To You - Fun Factory
When I Fall In Love - Lil Suzy
Mr Vain - Culture beat
Scatman John - Scatman
Dream A Dream - Captain Jack
Come & Get Me - Solid Base
If You Wanna Be - Orange Blue
Jump For Joy - 2 Unlimited
Rhythm Of The Night - Corona
Get-A-Way - Maxx
Think About The Way - Ice Mc
Let The beat Go On - Dr Alban
Superhero - Daze

vintageSW77
Quite probably a list for some of the worst tracks of all time

§P0oONY
Daft Punk w00t

office jesus
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Quite probably a list for some of the worst tracks of all time

Worst tracks? Don't you mean the worst music of all time? big grin

vintageSW77

vintageSW77
Hey MT if you like that kind of stuff heres some mixes of where that kind of stuff originates.
Its mostly ITALO DISCO...its a guilty pleasure and although it veers towards Hi Nrg there are some cracking european electronic tracks in there.
http://www.cultheroes.com/radio.html
Program 3 in particular and TRANSDANCE.

§P0oONY
Daft Punk may come from Europe but they certainly aint Euro Dance...they are way too innovative for that.

I still ****ing love them though. droolio

M.T. STYLE
Daft Punk - boooooooooorrrrrrriiiinnng

Strangelove
Originally posted by M.T. STYLE
Daft Punk - boooooooooorrrrrrriiiinnng Bite your tonuge, n00b!

Strangelove

§P0oONY
Originally posted by M.T. STYLE
Daft Punk - boooooooooorrrrrrriiiinnng

laughing

Daft Punk is probably one of the least boring bands in the world.

Alpha Centauri
All that stuff; Trance, techno and all variations, has never been anything more than background music.

That's precisely what it's meant to be, though.

-AC

vintageSW77
RUBBISH
True original Detroit Techno has inspired many bands who use a bit of electronica in their sound today
Particularly RADIOHEAD and their album KID A
Check out this site
www.sonicsunset.com
and listen to quality

AND Daft Punk are not boring..that is a comment by someone who hasnt heard much by them and coming from someone who likes Snap,Scatman Jack and Haddaway thats like the Crazy Frog creators saying The Beatles are crap...i............ts bullsh1t!

Alpha Centauri
RUBBISH
True original Detroit Techno has inspired many bands who use a bit of electronica in their sound today
Particularly RADIOHEAD and their album KID A
Check out this site
www.sonicsunset.com
and listen to quality

AND Daft Punk are not boring..that is a comment by someone who hasnt heard much by them and coming from someone who likes Snap,Scatman Jack and Haddaway thats like the Crazy Frog creators saying The Beatles are crap...i............ts bullsh1t!

Just because Kid A wasn't a straight forward rock album and, instead, had "electronic" elements, doesn't mean it was influenced by those people or artists.

Furthermore; I don't know of anyone who has ever sat around thinking "Hmm, I'll listen to some hard rave music.". Not suggesting there are none, but it's primarily music to dance to whilst intoxicated, at a rave, or both. It's not listened to for it's musicality.

-AC

vintageSW77
Well if you do your research it WAS HEAVILLY inspired by Aphex Twin and the sounds created by a lot of bands on the WARP record label
Thom Yorke said so at the time he was inspired by Aphex Twin!

and what influenced Aphex Twin and features heavily on the WARP INFLUENCES cd compilation...????

Detroit Techno!

Your comments on hardcore rave music also show your lack of knowledge on the subject of Detroit Techno
Detroit techno is often mellow and very much of it is sit down and listen music,
Its not rave at all
its like comparing The Beatles to Mcfly because Mcfly play guitars

If you use limewire type in
Drexciya
Japanese Telecom
Dopplereffekt
or even Aphex Twin
and listen to where radiohead...and now Beck got that electronica sound from

Alpha Centauri
Well if you do your research it WAS HEAVILLY inspired by Aphex Twin and the sounds created by a lot of bands on the WARP record label
Thom Yorke said so at the time he was inspired by Aphex Twin!

and what influenced Aphex Twin and features heavily on the WARP INFLUENCES cd compilation...????

Detroit Techno!

So by your rationale, influence definitely means "Sounds like."? Tool are influenced by Swans, they sound nothing alike.

My point was that it's a ludicrous claim to say that Detroit techno is responsible for said music just because it might have inspired people.

Your comments on hardcore rave music also show your lack of knowledge on the subject of Detroit Techno
Detroit techno is often mellow and very much of it is sit down and listen music,
Its not rave at all
its like comparing The Beatles to Mcfly because Mcfly play guitars

I wasn't comparing the two, I was making a comment about common dance/techno/rave music as it's known, and what I said was largely true.

I'm well aware of the origins of music, but that doesn't mean that everything after owes some kind of massive debt. For example, as much as bands like Maiden, Priest and Metallica pushed metal music, it's wrong to say to every modern metal band "Your sound is influenced by...", because it might not be.

Same applies to electronica.

Radiohead use electronic and ambient methods, that doesn't mean they were definitely inspired by the creators of the music.

-AC

Afro Cheese
People should check out this site:

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Even if you don't consider yourself a fan of techno/trance/house music, it's pretty entertaining..

vintageSW77
Im not saying "sounds like" im saying it has influenced the sound,the method,the feel and how they record their music with the use of the same synths and roland 808,303 and 909s drum machines.
Electronic music has a fault that a lot of it is in effect similar due to the fact that they are mostly instrumental pieces on the same equipment....many other forms of music would suffer this if it wasnt for vocalists styles....metal for example.
I make electronic music and when i play it to people i get "yeah it sounds Detroit or Kraftwerk"...not because im trying to sound like it its just the way those synths sound and the way they put together tracks did it for me....its in me...it what i know best....they are an influence

Though In Radioheads case Idioteque DOES "sound like" an Aphex track
with Thom Yorke on guest vocals.
Its not an influence thing.....you are right in that case
its a total RIP OFF
and their producer is the culprit as hes using the same methods in Becks new track which as an instrumental could be an Aphex track
...that electronica style on those tracks is def ripped off of Plaid N Aphex.

and im sorry it is really as black and white as this
Kraftwerk inspired(amongst others)
Depeche Mode,Human lLeague who inspired
The Detroit Sound which inspired
Aphex Twin who inspired
Nigel Godrich current production techniques

Alpha Centauri
Im not saying "sounds like" im saying it has influenced the sound,the method,the feel and how they record their music with the use of the same synths and roland 808,303 and 909s drum machines.
Electronic music has a fault that a lot of it is in effect similar due to the fact that they are mostly instrumental pieces on the same equipment....many other forms of music would suffer this if it wasnt for vocalists styles....metal for example.
I make electronic music and when i play it to people i get "yeah it sounds Detroit or Kraftwerk"...not because im trying to sound like it its just the way those synths sound and the way they put together tracks did it for me....its in me...it what i know best....they are an influence

So again, you're acting as if other people's opinions make it concrete or something. If they think it sounds like Kraftwerk, they think it sounds like Kraftwerk. It doesn't mean that you have to agree, or that it does. Just because you like those bands, doesn't mean you simply have to say "Yes I do these things because they did.". If you did, then fine, but only admit it if it's what you intended.

Though In Radioheads case Idioteque DOES "sound like" an Aphex track
with Thom Yorke on guest vocals.
Its not an influence thing.....you are right in that case
its a total RIP OFF

It is absolutely nothing like Aphex Twin. You're making the fatal mistake of lumping them together simply because there are electronic elements, which basically renders your opinion useless and throws away any chance you've had to be taken seriously, at least by me.

and their producer is the culprit as hes using the same methods in Becks new track which as an instrumental could be an Aphex track
...that electronica style on those tracks is def ripped off of Plaid N Aphex.

I've noticed something over the years, a revelation if you will.

If people like a band, an influential band, then they use the term "Rip off". If they like the band doing the ripping off, they call it "Influence". You are just saying that because you like Aphex Twin, aren't you? Radiohead haven't "ripped off" Aphex Twin (Who I like) any more than they've ripped off Britney Spears. They use similar instruments, so what? That's like saying everyone who has a similar guitar sound is ripping each other off. What Thom Yorke and Radiohead aspire to and achieve, is not only much greater, but much different to that of Aphex Twin.

The two are entirely different, and if you can't see past the fact that they use similar instruments that incidentally create similar sounds, then you should stop trying to analyse music.

and im sorry it is really as black and white as this
Kraftwerk inspired(amongst others)
Depeche Mode,Human lLeague who inspired
The Detroit Sound which inspired
Aphex Twin who inspired
Nigel Godrich current production techniques

What does that mean, though? I hate it when people do that. It's like when metal fans have a go at people who don't like Slayer, it's pathetic. Just because they pioneered a genre, doesn't mean that people have to bow down and like them just because they happen to like bands that came later.

I don't have to like older electronic bands to give Radiohead credit for being pioneers, because electronic or not, they do things no other bands do. They use what existed before them in ways no pure electronic artist could. When Richard James puts out anything close to being as good as Kid A, we'll have a chat, but until then I suggest you stop age worshiping bands. The closest he's come to producing a great record in a similar electronic vein, is Surfing on Sine Waves by Polygon Window, which is incredibly dull.

It's all very well and good to promote being aware of where music originated, if you like it, but that doesn't mean it makes the bands that followed any less talented. When people here incorrectly use the term emo, I dislike it, but I don't suggest they have to like the bands I mention, they don't. Acknowledging where things came from and having to like them are two different things.

Radiohead are far more innovative than any of the artists you mentioned, and it's far more hard to be innovative with something that's been imitated to death.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
*performs robot dance*

It's time to party veddy harty.

vintageSW77
ok i get some of what your saying and i aint got time to do a long reply but i just didnt get radioheads sudden change of sound around the time of Kid A...if it was a gradual thing a progression..fine
but the Warp/Squarepusher/Plaid/ Aphex sound was THE thing at the time and it just seemed a little like bandwagon jumping
you cannot say Idioteque at least doesnt sound like it came off any off any of Richard James alias projects

its funny but that is the only Radiohead album ive ever purchased n all

I listed the names as its a fact as all the artists mentioned name checked each other on cd covers in progression.

M.T. STYLE
Originally posted by office jesus
Worst tracks? Don't you mean the worst music of all time? big grin

just cos you've not heard any of them, you fagot.

GrillingNemo
go to www.digitallyimported.com for eurodance hits wink

Deathblow
Eurodance and happy hardcore and all that cheesy crap is giving modern dance music a bad name. And the fact that everyone seems to get it mixed up with trance bugs me. Such a misunderstood genre, trance. Armin van Buuren, Sasha, Chicane, Paul van Dyk, Gouryella, Mauro Picotto and such, love that mid-90's stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.