Women

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jala
Most Islamic societies aren't theocratic. I find it interesting that the three largest Islamic countries have had women heads of state (Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh), while the same can't be said of the three largest Christian countries.

]

To understand the so-called freedom of western women and child visit:
quietmountainessays.org + canow.org+amnesty.org

Women in Christianity and Islam visit jamiat.org.za

bogen
Originally posted by jala
Most Islamic societies aren't theocratic. I find it interesting that the three largest Islamic countries have had women heads of state (Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh), while the same can't be said of the three largest Christian countries.

]

Women get abused all the time in every contry, it's when this abuse is intatutionalised that we take action, the Koran is all for it.
Mummad had how many wives? he treated them equally eh? pfft erm

Wake up

lil bitchiness

]

Wasalaam,

Ok, first, women in Islamic world are not more free than those in West. As far as I recall, women were allowed to lead their own business in Pre-Islamic arabia. Why, Muhammad's first wife was a widdow who lead her own business.

How many women lead their own business in Islamic world?

Oh can you also explain this please -

YUSUFALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

Inshallah!

Alfheim
Dont get me started....

Bicnarok

Thorin
And in Spain men kills a lot of their wives and girlfriends in very brutal ways too. The percentage of sexist murders is huge too.

The woman situation is just exactly the same everywhere no matter the religion. This is a human nature problem, unfortunately.

Bicnarok
The ancient celtics held women in a higher level, they were even leaders in war.

Anyone who harms women is a coward and a weekling, funny that its mostly the latin races and muslims which do this.

Fëanor
and yet...if a woman is raped or marries outside the one ordained for them in a muslim society, she has been tainted and must therefore be killed or thrown aside to live with the dogs and beg for scraps of food.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Bicnarok
The ancient celtics held women in a higher level, they were even leaders in war.

Tacitus also said a similar thing about some Germanic tribes, to paraphrase he said that the most admiral thing about them was how they treated their women.

When it comes to the rights of women in religon the Celts are maybe the best example we have.

lord xyz

]

Women in Christianity and Islam visit jamiat.org.za Hmm, that makes a bit of sense.

ThePittman

Madman_V3N0M
Women, can't live with em... pass the salt. LOL
I never EVER hit a woman/girl, even though I ususaly try not to hit anyone. My dad and mom's fights sometimes got violent and the same is true for my aunt and uncle. It may just be that they were sort of the "comunist generation".
GIRL POWER!

S.C.U.D DF
Women have the same right's as men. They are allowed to have different view's. It's like that with every relation, man and women or women and women. Everyone has there own view's. And since everyone has there own view's everyonen has there own way of life.

Women in America just dont put up with Shit from guy's.
Ending up with them pissing there "MAN" off and him doing something STUPID!

Strangelove
Originally posted by Bicnarok
The ancient celtics held women in a higher level, they were even leaders in war. Their deity of war was even a woman, Morrigan

Same for the Greeks: Athena Goddess of War and Wisdom, as opposed to Ares who was just the God of War, which implies that the greeks thought women more pragmatic than men.

In history, women held positions of power quite frequently, it's only recently (past 500 years or so) that have seen women oppressed

debbiejo
In many ancient cultures women were almost considered sacred with birth and considered the maker of the birth of the world..........

Fëanor
and the greatest woman of all that's abused and used everyday for as long as men have been around is mother earth.

Robtard
Originally posted by Strangelove
Their deity of war was even a woman, Morrigan

Same for the Greeks: Athena Goddess of War and Wisdom, as opposed to Ares who was just the God of War, which implies that the greeks thought women more pragmatic than men.

In history, women held positions of power quite frequently, it's only recently (past 500 years or so) that have seen women oppressed

Women were second class citizens in ancient Greece for the most part though, some of the city states granted more rights to women than others, but they were till lesser compared to men.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Strangelove

Er no the Greeks were afraid of Women and did not give them the same rights as men. There is some literature were some Greek scholar says that Women sre basically sex crazy and they need to be controlled.

My favourite Greek Godess is Nyx, she is so powerful that even Zeus didn't want to mess with her. I think Nyx reflects how the Greeks felt about women.

I dont think their is anything wrong with homosexuality, but due to what that scholar said and how they treated women, I think for some reason Greek homosexuality was due to a fear of women.

lord xyz
Originally posted by debbiejo
In many ancient cultures women were almost considered sacred with birth and considered the maker of the birth of the world.......... By many tribes you mean Greeks and Celts?

debbiejo
Cultures..........Old old belief systems, and that would be many peoples...It had to do with the holy life giving woman, and men couldn't understand why......and the menstrual blood of women was considered very holy...........they did all sorts of things with it, including drinking it for protection.............ewww

Marth18
shouldnt have eaten that apple...

ThePittman
Woman means: Wooooooooo man you are about to do something stupid again. stick out tongue

Madman_V3N0M
Deb... you're using... too many "......" ....again....

debbiejo
History of it all........................bud

Male church stamped it out.

Soleran
History of it all........................bud

Male church stamped it out.

Men are smarter, Zues says so.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alfheim
Er no the Greeks were afraid of Women and did not give them the same rights as men. There is some literature were some Greek scholar says that Women sre basically sex crazy and they need to be controlled.

My favourite Greek Godess is Nyx, she is so powerful that even Zeus didn't want to mess with her. I think Nyx reflects how the Greeks felt about women.

I dont think their is anything wrong with homosexuality, but due to what that scholar said and how they treated women, I think for some reason Greek homosexuality was due to a fear of women.

"****ing Greeks!"

-Robert DeNiro in Analyze This!

debbiejo
Originally posted by Soleran
Men are smarter, Zeus says so. HAHAHAHA.......who really had authority?...........HERA....

who sneaky one you know..........made Zeus make his lover into a cow IO......ummmmmmmm hummmmmm

Before evey great man was a woman................ big grin

Soleran

Before evey great man was a woman................ big grin

Yeah they are called stools.

Madman_V3N0M
Mens is smarter than womans, thats why mens drag womans from hair and clubs. Mens hunt and works, alss womans do is make babyes, but mans insures tribe survival.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Madman_V3N0M
Mens is smarter than womans, thats why mens drag womans from hair and clubs. Mens hunt and works, alss womans do is make babyes, but mans insures tribe survival.

laughing out loud

Marth18
My daddy says women are only good for making babies and pancakes..... haha jk, i believe women are smarter cause all guys think about is sex mostly and women have enough space in their brain to think about somthing more intellectual....i bow to women! I LOVE YOU ALL BUT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE EATEN THAT DAMN FRUIT!!

debbiejo
Yeah they are called stools. Lonely in your world bud............lol

redcaped
In my opinion women do think about sex a lot more than men. We only think of it when seeing the one we like.

Marth18
Hmm

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by redcaped
In my opinion women do think about sex a lot more than men. We only think of it when seeing the one we like.

But you're a guy..... confused

redcaped
Of course I am a guy and I know what I say. Don't you know women...Are you a guy?

Darth Kreiger
Of course I am a guy and I know what I say. Don't you know women...Are you a guy?

Now that I reread what you said that sounds right, I thought you were refering to yourself as a Woman =P

redcaped
I used to because I was trying to express my comments when I was a junior member. I have an adult sister and like it or not I've learned a lot. You won't quite learn from a girlfriend...there is more in mind that in mouth.

RZA
Amusing Quotes about women...

"Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife."
"Women should be obscene and not heard."
"I chased a girl for two years only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: We were both crazy about girls."
-- Groucho Marx

"All women are good - good for nothing, or good for something."
-- Miguel De Cervantes

"For me there are only two type of women: goddesses and doormats."
-- Pablo Picasso

"Women have a passion for mathematics. They divide their age in half, double the price of their clothes, and always add at least five years to the age of their best friend."
-- Marcel Achard

"Women: Can't live with them, can't bury them in the back yard without the neighbours seeing."
-- Sean Williamson

"You don't know a women till you've met her in court."
-- Norman Mailer

"A liberated woman is one who has sex before marriage and a job after."
-- Gloria Steinem

"Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both."
-- Samuel Butler

"Women are like Elephants. I like to watch them, but I wouldn't want to own one."
-- W.C. Fields

"Guys are like dogs. They keep coming back. Ladies are like cats. Yell at a cat one time...they're gone."
-- Lenny Bruce

"One of the most difficult things in the world is to convince a woman that even a bargain costs money."
-- Edgar Watson Howe

"A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's. She changes it more often."
-- Oliver Herford

"Women are like cars: we all want a Ferrari, sometimes want a pickup truck, and end up with a station wagon."
-- Tim Allen

"Why would I make one woman so miserable when I can make so many women very happy?"
-- Benny Hill

"Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house."
-- Lewis Grizzard

"My wife is a sex object - every time I ask for sex, she objects."
-- Les Dawson

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
-- W.C. Fields

"A girl phoned me the other day and said ... Come on over, there's nobody home. I went over. Nobody was home."
-- Rodney Dangerfield

"How do I write women so well?
I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."
-- Melvin Udall

Eis
What are you talking about? Bangladesh isn't one of the largest islamic countries, it doesn't even have one of the largest percentages of muslims. But of course the facts that restaurants are segregated in Saudi Arabia and that women cannot drive cars in big cities are nothing but lies of the evil western infidels.

redcaped
I still cause the same reaction on people. I'm a real male...not man.

debbiejo
Now everyone does know that men and women have special gifts.......and that of women is to see the bigger picture in most circumstances.............It's call intuitions........sorry guys, but we do have it.............I didn't plan it this way.

Men see that step by step and can figure out what would or could be next........and this is excellent............this is a need in this world.......cause most/some women cannot do this, cause we can see things differently...............the whole pic...........the whole view, the whole.........walking into a room and just knowing the whole enviroment of what is going on that men, or most men cannot see...........the whole scope.

redcaped
My vision is spherical...I miss nothing

debbiejo
My vision is spherical...I miss nothing Huh...........can you explain this spherical view of women???

HAHAHAHA.......... though I am afraid you a just kidding.......lol

Madman_V3N0M
Like 360 degree vision man! Allround!

redcaped
I see all angles of women.

Mindship
I was watching an episode of "Jericho," where people where freed from being sealed inside a mine, and the rescuers yelled out, "Women and children first"...

Wait a sec, I thought. These days, shouldn't it be something like, "Children, the aged and infirmed first"...? especially if women want to be treated as equals to men?

debbiejo
Because we are the womby...........haha

redcaped
They love to see us drool for them...I do, to some I mean

debbiejo
that is why we are here......LOL..

Soleran
that is why we are here......LOL..

Yes toys for my pleasure!

redcaped
We r Toys...ToysRuS

debbiejo
Yes toys for my pleasure! alas toys for MY pleasure........Men that is........LOL

Takes two ya know............... roll eyes (sarcastic)

At least Women can request dinner or a movie........lol................men only will do all it takes to secure their dreams...............LOLOLOL

redcaped
I have people going insane on the OTF...they're trying to figure something about reversing process.

debbiejo
???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.