A movie stock market?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jaynie C
Hi ya'll

I was speaking with a guy last night who say's there's gonna be a movie stock exchange launching soon and it's gonna be big, big news. A movie stock market where we can buy & sell shares in movies? How cool is that!

Anyone know anything about this?

forumcrew
um studios own the rights to movies so you could buy shares of those companies which are public. THere are movie stock market type games. As far as a real one? well the movies are already owned so not so much.

http://www.hsx.com/

Jaynie C
Hi,

This guy Ed told me that this is happening soon. A genuine electronic market where film makers list their film projects - before they're made - and sell the shares to investors so they then have the money to make it. Then the shares are traded on the market, based around what people want to do. If anyone knows any more, i'd love to hear about it!

forumcrew
ah ok.. a way for independent film makers to raise capitol

Jaynie C
Theres a Myspace account called glomex - so myspace dot com slash glomex i assume

=Tired Hiker=
Hmm, I should propose my idea about a one legged purple parrot that just eats grapes for two straight hours! Any takers?? eek!

Jaynie C
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Hmm, I should propose my idea about a one legged purple parrot that just eats grapes for two straight hours! Any takers?? eek!

Well I guess if you're that tired, you should have a lie down laughing

Jaynie C
Hi, I just got an email that says the movie stock market community site is now live..at glomex dot com

forumcrew
yea it basically looks like, as i said, a way for independent film makers to raise capitol. Your not gonna be buying shares of POTC 3 or the next tom cruise blockbuster on here.

TigerDawn
Now that would be the coolest idea ever. I really hope it works, and does not come into yet another fraud center of hope.

Jaynie C
I emailed Glomex about membership last week and it seems that they are close to making some big announcements. It seems that there have been several deals being developed behind the scenes over the last few months. If things go ahead the way they are saying then its going to be sooo cool smile

ADarksideJedi
That would be interesting idea.I would not mind making money while picking the best movies that would make the more money!jm

Jaynie C
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
That would be interesting idea.I would not mind making money while picking the best movies that would make the more money!jm

I know what you mean. I got some more information today about how it works. Apparently, the film would be made into a company and then the shares put up for sale. When all the shares are sold, all of the money is used by the producers to make then film. A share holder can then either sell the shares to try to make money, or keep them until the film goes to the box office to try and make money from the dividends.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=

I like grapes and parrots

Jaynie C
so do I wink

exanda kane
Sounds good for the indie wannabees. Hope it's true.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Jaynie C
so do I wink

eek! NO WAY! we should be friends

The Hawk
If this is true... A lot of people here are going to lose all their money... fast.

lol

Happy Dance

Jaynie C
Do you mean that people would get into it and spend all their hard earned cash on movie stock speculation?

Jaynie C
I got a head's up from a guy I know who's working on a project they hope to bring to market soon. Apparently there are around 10 films and documentaries that are going to promote themselves on the site soon, with a stream of others on the way.

BigTonyBoy
Sounds like a marketing ploy to me, but I won't judge until it comes about.

Jaynie C
A marketing ploy for what exactly? Do you think that it's some kind of 'set up' by a producer or something?

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Jaynie C
A marketing ploy for what exactly? Do you think that it's some kind of 'set up' by a producer or something?

I can't help but wonder if you are a part of this marketing ploy. hmm You've made twelve posts since you joined here in October of 2006 and eleven of them are in this thread. I smell spam!! smokin'

=Tired Hiker=
Of course I could be wrong, but that's unlikely!

Jaynie C
12 posts since October 2006...hardly a flood of postings is it! I happen to be very interested in this as I used to work in settlements for Merrill Lynch Global Commodities and my husband was in Global Markets equity trading. We both love movies and have a few friends that are in the business. Not high flyers, but dedicated guys who are still trying to make ends meet. I happen to think that this is a very good idea and I suggest that you take a little time to consider how it could benefit film makers who put their balls on the line for their art!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.