A Question about Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
When Superman was fighting Doomsday the fist time he had took a shot from Doomsday that was supposedly powerful enough to shatter a mountain yet Superman was killed by a punch from Doomsday Why didn't Superman's Aurora save him. 2 Also with punches of that magnitude why didn't cause shockwaves that could have killed people.

Endless Mike
Because Doomsday had Kryptonian DNA, Kryptonians bypass each other's forcefields and attack each other directly.

golem370
Then why does he get hurt fighting other fighters like Grundy Lobo and I am sure many others

Endless Mike
Because they are just that strong.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by golem370
Then why does he get hurt fighting other fighters like Grundy Lobo and I am sure many others

And because writers usually don't care about this sort of technical BS.

P.S. You know we have a Superman forum, right? This should probably be there or in the comic book questions thread. I'll leave it for a bit, but it'll probably be getting closed since it looks like it's not the toughest question to answer.

P.P.S. Superman has a personal "aura forcefield" now?? *shakes head in sadness*

Tron
Yes, he does have a bio-forcefield (that's what keeps his suit so clean).

The reason it didn't protect him was because A) Doomsday's strength, and B), he was eventually fatigued in the fight, which wore the shield down some.

Oh, and moving...

golem370
I thought this was just a comic question.

ZephroCarnelian
If Superman fights at fulll power for a long while, he starts to get tired and as he gets tired, he starts to lose some of his invulnerability.

That's how Doomsday's punches started to make him bleed and eventually kill him.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Because Doomsday had Kryptonian DNA, Kryptonians bypass each other's forcefields and attack each other directly. I see I am not the only one who has heard this. I read a article somewhere that one of the writers from DOS arc stated the very same thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.