Kyp Durron versus Ganner Rhysode and Kyle Katarn.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kas'Im
Takes place in the Temple of the Ancients in Lehon. Anything goes.

Blue_Hefner
Which Kyp and Kyle?

Kas'Im
When I fail to list that, I mean at their respective peaks.

Blue_Hefner
Well, that pretty hard to tell considering how close kyp and kyle are in power, but Kyle has some other guy so they win.

Darth_Glentract
Kyp goes down. Although he could defiantely take Kyle on his own, Ganner, at his peak, is close to NJO Luke in power. Ganner took down SEVERAL THOUSAND Yuuzhan Vong warriors in a single battle.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Well, that pretty hard to tell considering how close kyp and kyle are in power, but Kyle has some other guy so they win.

Because he performed a feat equivalent to Luke, he's close to him in power? So that means KYP is also close to Luke in power, because he manipulated a black hole. Ganner was very impressive in becoming one with the force, but I wouldn't put him anywhere near Luke's level.

Kas'Im
Kyp is close to Luke in power, just leagues below him in saber ability.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Because he performed a feat equivalent to Luke, he's close to him in power? So that means KYP is also close to Luke in power, because he manipulated a black hole. Ganner was very impressive in becoming one with the force, but I wouldn't put him anywhere near Luke's level.

Not necessarily in overall power, but in saber ability he came close, if not even beyond, Luke in lightsaber combat. However, Luke would just own him with the Force if they fought while Ganner was all 'empowered'. And like Adas said, Kyp IS close to Luke in the Force.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Not necessarily in overall power, but in saber ability he came close, if not even beyond, Luke in lightsaber combat. However, Luke would just own him with the Force if they fought while Ganner was all 'empowered'. And like Adas said, Kyp IS close to Luke in the Force.

This is based on what Glentract?

Darth_Glentract
The Luke being just above Kyp in Force powers? How about the fact that controlling a black hole left Luke extremely drained to the point that he was unable to walk for a time where Kyp was at least able to get from his X-wing to his quarters after doing the same feat.

Darth Sexy
Youre basing power on a single feat, nice.

kamikz
Did Kyp move "multiple" black holes as well, or one?

On a side note, what really buggs me about the NJO is that in all the other eras, powerful people (especially godlike in power) are damn rare, in NJO they grow on every tree.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by kamikz
Did Kyp move "multiple" black holes as well, or one?

On a side note, what really buggs me about the NJO is that in all the other eras, powerful people (especially godlike in power) are damn rare, in NJO they grow on every tree.

That's just how it is. The PT Era jedi>KOTOR Jedi. The NJO>PT Jedi

Darth Sexiest
That's just how it is. The PT Era jedi>KOTOR Jedi. The NJO>PT Jedi

No...I think most of the NJO Jedi would get owned by the PT Jedi.

Its just a handful of the NJO Jedi are Uber.

Likewise, the KOTOR Jedi would likely own most of the PT Jedi, since they were more martial in nature.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
No...I think most of the NJO Jedi would get owned by the PT Jedi.

Its just a handful of the NJO Jedi are Uber.

Likewise, the KOTOR Jedi would likely own most of the PT Jedi, since they were more martial in nature.

They were not more martial. Aside from the Jedi Civil War(which I think was the most devastating war until the Vong came along), their conflicts were minute in comparison to the PT Jedi. It's a common myth that the KOTOR Jedi were more martial. And at the same time, more martial doesn't mean more power.

Darth Sexiest
They were not more martial. Aside from the Jedi Civil War(which I think was the most devastating war until the Vong came along), their conflicts were minute in comparison to the PT Jedi. It's a common myth that the KOTOR Jedi were more martial. And at the same time, more martial doesn't mean more power.

Well true, but they definantly exercised alot more combative technique in their cultivative training.

Accordingly, most KOTOR Jedi could beat PT Jedi, who were taught more about diplomatics and diplomacy than all-out warefare, or swordsmanship, which the KOTOR Jedi practiced more of, and utilised more appropriately effective forms as well.

Darth Sexiest
Somtime, you and I will go over our Sith studies together, my son. devil

Darth Sexiest
And then...

You shall be unstoppable...

Which will...

Be bad for me... confused

Darth Sexy
Well true, but they definantly exercised alot more combative technique in their cultivative training.

Accordingly, most KOTOR Jedi could beat PT Jedi, who were taught more about diplomatics and diplomacy than all-out warefare, or swordsmanship, which the KOTOR Jedi practiced more of, and utilised more appropriately effective forms as well.

You couldn't be more wrong. The PT Jedi had Yoda, Mace, Dooku, Obiwan, Anakin, Qui Gonn, etc. Any of these would destroy anybody from the PT era, with the exception of Exar Kun, Revan, Malak, and Ulic, which is all the KOTOR era had to offer.

Darth Sexiest
You couldn't be more wrong. The PT Jedi had Yoda, Mace, Dooku, Obiwan, Anakin, Qui Gonn, etc. Any of these would destroy anybody from the PT era, with the exception of Exar Kun, Revan, Malak, and Ulic, which is all the KOTOR era had to offer.

Im speaking generally, my disciple.

Im not talking about the Heavy-Hitters. stick out tongue

Darth Sexiest
Generally, the KOTOR Jedi could defeat the PT Jedi in combat.

Darth Sexiest
Although, even the KOTOR Era had strong counterparts for those powerful Jedi in the PT Era.

Darth Sexy
Generally, the KOTOR Jedi could defeat the PT Jedi in combat.

that's wrong though. I've listed 6 jedi from the SAME era. Who did you have from KOTOR? First you had Kun and Qel Droma, and then you had Revan and Malak. Those are the only 4 worth mentioning in the entire KOTOR era, and they lived 40 years apart. I listed you 6 from the same time frame.

Darth Sexiest
that's wrong though. I've listed 6 jedi from the SAME era. Who did you have from KOTOR? First you had Kun and Qel Droma, and then you had Revan and Malak. Those are the only 4 worth mentioning in the entire KOTOR era, and they lived 40 years apart. I listed you 6 from the same time frame.

Heh, got a point there...

Darth Sexiest
Hey, mabye Kavar is worth mentioning?

What do you think?

Darth_Glentract
Youre basing power on a single feat, nice.

Whats the matter with it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.