Nobody Knows Nothin' About DC's Cosmics...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Am I right or am I wrong?

erm

Are DC cosmics obscure appearances valid in the Versus forum?

What's the point of having a Time-Trapper vs. Galactus thread when the Time-Trapper didn't do much...?

Tron
Haven't we had threads like this before? Like, almost recently? huh

kenobi
I think that Darkseid, Anti-Monitor, and Kronos have been very powerful and great DC cosmic characters.

WrathfulDwarf
They don't have much recurring roles in the DC Universe. Unlike Marvel that will give you SS and Thanos everytime they can. DC just keeps their cosmics beings very far.

Devil Lance
I DC is starting to use their cosmics more check out the space story in 52 and Jim Starlin's mystery in space.
Not to mention the upcoming Omega Men mini series

ExodusCloak
"Nobody Knows Nothin' About DC's Cosmics..."

Isn't that a double negative? Meaning everyone knows everything about DC cosmics? big grin

Draco69
Originally posted by kenobi
I think that Darkseid, Anti-Monitor, and Kronos have been very powerful and great DC cosmic characters.

That's it though. And Spectre.

Nobody's heard of the Time-Trapper, or Extant or the Nightwatcher....

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Devil Lance
I DC is starting to use their cosmics more check out the space story in 52 and Jim Starlin's mystery in space.
Not to mention the upcoming Omega Men mini series

I been reading Mystery In Space with Captain Comet. Pretty cool costume. Plus The Weird has a bizzare storyline. All good stuff.

Validus
With Mystery In Space, the big New Gods stuff coming up next year, the "52" and an increased focus on the GLC, I think there will be plenty of cosmic stuff in DC for the next few years.

inamilist
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
"Nobody Knows Nothin' About DC's Cosmics..."

Isn't that a double negative? Meaning everyone knows everything about DC cosmics? big grin

"someone knows something" :P

long pig
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
They don't have much recurring roles in the DC Universe. Unlike Marvel that will give you SS and Thanos everytime they can. DC just keeps their cosmics beings very far.
Because they would end up having to fight Superman and Superman would get killed. And D.C loves their little Gary Sue Superman.

Originally posted by Draco69

erm

What's the point of having a Time-Trapper vs. Galactus thread when the Time-Trapper didn't do much...?
I've learned a lot about cosmics that deal with Sandman and such.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by long pig
Because they would end up having to fight Superman and Superman would get killed. And D.C loves their little Gary Sue Superman.

I've learned a lot about cosmic that deal with Sandman and such. Agreed. Do we really need cosmics in DC to get molested by Superman in a fight and thereby destroy any sort of credibility.

Juntai
Not to mention the upcoming Omega Men mini series Agreed, along with newly resurged GLC and Green Lantern series'.
Spectre will also tell us of more.
It's also a New Gods story will soon take place.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
With Mystery In Space, the big New Gods stuff coming up next year, the "52" and an increased focus on the GLC, I think there will be plenty of cosmic stuff in DC for the next few years. Aha, you got to it first.
sad

Galan777
They don't have much recurring roles in the DC Universe. Unlike Marvel that will give you SS and Thanos everytime they can. DC just keeps their cosmics beings very far. IMO I dont think we should see cosmic beings in DC as much as Marvel throws them at you...... cosmics should be a rare breed, and anytime DC shows their cosmics I get the sense that they are incredibly powerful (Ion, and Spectre come to mind first) when Marvel shows their cosmics which seems like they are in EVERY issue now adays; they are not very impressive, because they have way too many appearences.......... so i say that DC just needs to keep it as is in the cosmics department.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Galan777
IMO I dont think we should see cosmic beings in DC as much as Marvel throws them at you...... cosmics should be a rare breed, and anytime DC shows their cosmics I get the sense that they are incredibly powerful (Ion, and Spectre come to mind first) when Marvel shows their cosmics which seems like they are in EVERY issue now adays; they are not very impressive, because they have way too many appearences.......... so i say that DC just needs to keep it as is is the cosmics department. I agree. I dont think its the fact that there are so many. You start to go bonkers when you think of how many people can re-write universes in a blink.

Jyppe
DC has cosmics!!!!? OMFG you gotta be kidding me man.. Because I sure as hell am..

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by long pig

Just like Marvel and their beloved Spiderman would never pin him agaisn't Thanos. Point taken...

Originally posted by Galan777
IMO I dont think we should see cosmic beings in DC as much as Marvel throws them at you...... cosmics should be a rare breed, and anytime DC shows their cosmics I get the sense that they are incredibly powerful (Ion, and Spectre come to mind first) when Marvel shows their cosmics which seems like they are in EVERY issue now adays; they are not very impressive, because they have way too many appearences.......... so i say that DC just needs to keep it as is in the cosmics department.

Agreed, all cosmics should be kept aside. Only to appear in huge events like the IC or Infinity Gaunlet. The Spectre is more of a Divine entity rather than cosmic.

Endless Mike
I know the Time Trapper

olympian

erm

I dont get it.

Your beef is that posters generally dont aknowlege DC cosmics or that the said characters dont have much use because they have spark appearances and feats?

Devil Lance
Also they just introduced a new cosmic/really powerfull person.
Lady Styx

Draco69
Originally posted by olympian
I dont get it.

Your beef is that posters generally dont aknowlege DC cosmics or that the said characters dont have much use because they have spark appearances and feats?

The latter. I don't blame the readers if they only appeared in one issue twenty years ago....

Validus
The latter. I don't blame the readers if they only appeared in one issue twenty years ago....
I do.

Devil Lance
Everyone check out the new DC nation
http://dccomics.com/news/?nw=6645

yes !!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Hopefully they'll team him up with Perez Happy Dance

Validus
Everyone check out the new DC nation
http://dccomics.com/news/?nw=6645

yes !!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Hopefully they'll team him up with Perez Happy Dance

crylaugh

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Validus
crylaugh
hey don't rain on my parade mad

long pig
Just like Marvel and their beloved Spiderman would never pin him agaisn't Thanos. Point taken...

Agreed, all cosmics should be kept aside. Only to appear in huge events like the IC or Infinity Gaunlet. The Spectre is more of a Divine entity rather than cosmic.
I get what you're saying and I hate Spiderman for that reason exactly. But, Spiderman loses...a lot, Superman never loses, he's not allowed to lose even when he should. He's the ultimate Gary Sue in comics.

long pig
Is Lobo considered a cosmic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.