Hollywood's new "original" Rape.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
Hollywood's lack of originality and its pockets filled with Capitalist Pigs will soon sing an all too familiar song.

Ender's Game the revolutionary noval by Orson Scott Card is Hollywood's new rape victim. What is worst is the People who Write and direct it's screen adaptation are sure to pimp it into a meaningless Action Flick blockbuster of the summer.

Before I am criticised, lets look at their protfolio:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400403/

The Director, Wolfgang Petersen. You might remeber him from such shit as "Poseidon" and "Air Force One"

Ender's Game is not an action flick. It's meaningfull, even though Card did not intend depth while writing it, it spawned its own movment. As mentioned in the Introduction, High Ranking Military personel use it to teach stratagey, It spawned its own religious movment, And even better yet, it was hevealy critisised for its simplicity in reading.

Ender's Game was revolutionairy in the fact that everybody could read and understand it. Literature was opened up to everybody due to its simplicity, without lacking detail or depth. Suddently you did not have to take up a Collegial Semester in literature to understand books, making many people suck on there pipes and sip there warm rhum in anger.

Speaking of the way its written lets look at who wrote / is writting the Screenplay:

David Benioff - From what I can find, he's virtually unexperienced, Save for one Big Budget Movie, which I am sure that due to Hollywood's money loving nature (I don't want to sound Anti Semit, but Hollywood is ran by Money hording jews, literly.) They Did not spend much on him for Troy.

Great Works Deserve Great Recognition. Not some half assed Blockbuster, that with anybody with 10$ can go see and then come out an expert on the Subject. (Think of the Sideways Syndrom, Doesn't matter if your French familly lives off wine, they are suddently all experts because they saw a movie)

Ender's game, The Speaker for the Dead, Both won, both Hugo and Nebula Awards (Think of it as Winning an Emmy Two years in a row for a movie you made 2 years ago) And Xenocide along with others of its sequals where nominated for both awards.

Ender's Game is huge, it doesn't deserve Filth, What we have to expect is a Blockbuster, The Question is will it be Shit, or will we be seeing the DvD Selling for 9.99$ a year latter? Because there is no way those two people can do it justice, no matter which actor you higher. (Remeber this is about 10 year olds, Whoa re you going to get? I'm sure the Kid from A.I. is all grown up)

jaden101
yeah this i definitely a knife edge film...it could fall into the utter direness that has been peterson's last few films or it could be excellent like Das Boot was...Benioff hasn't really done enough to know whether the screenplay will be top drawer...25th hour was...troy wasn't...

but knowing Hollywood...they'll probably rip the heart out of the story and dumb it down beyond belief

Koala MeatPie
Woah, 4am makes me try and sound like a reporter for WIRED.

sithsaber408
Air Force One was pretty good.

Haven't heard of this book before.

I'm too lazy to click the link. stick out tongue

In one sentence, what's the story about?

forumcrew
well this isnt exaclty newest.. they have been planning on making this a movie for several years.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Air Force One was pretty good.

Haven't heard of this book before.

I'm too lazy to click the link. stick out tongue

In one sentence, what's the story about?

You don't know that its a bok, thats ok.

You're too lazy to click the links, and you are asking us to sum up the book for you.

Yes, you definitly would think that Air Force one is pretty good. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.