Pharrell-In My Mind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marvelprince
Don't know how many people here like Pharrell (I'm a fan) or how many picked up his cd but if any of guys did what did you think? To be honest I was a bit dissapointed with some of the tracks. The beats were all hot, but some of the songs felt fall to me. Did you like any of his song from it that you heard?

Alfheim
Originally posted by marvelprince
Don't know how many people here like Pharrell (I'm a fan) or how many picked up his cd but if any of guys did what did you think? To be honest I was a bit dissapointed with some of the tracks. The beats were all hot, but some of the songs felt fall to me. Did you like any of his song from it that you heard?

No, but I never thought you were "the beats were hot" sort of person. I imagine you wearing a suit and tie and being all posh (not that it means you shouldn't like Pharrel) stick out tongue

marvelprince
Originally posted by Alfheim
No, but I never thought you were "the beats were hot" sort of person. I imagine you wearing a suit and tie and being all posh (not that it means you shouldn't like Pharrel) stick out tongue

Lol. I get that all the time. I am posh, i guess, and I like button downs with the sleeves rolled up with jeans and some tennis shoes. When i talk online I try to talk properly so everyone can understand what I'm saying so i come off as gentlemanly. And I try to distance myself from too much slang. I don't want to future any black stereotypes (though I have no prob with saying how hot beats are and how someone got flow).

Alfheim
Originally posted by marvelprince
Lol. I get that all the time. I am posh, i guess, and I like button downs with the sleeves rolled up with jeans and some tennis shoes. When i talk online I try to talk properly so everyone can understand what I'm saying so i come off as gentlemanly. And I try to distance myself from too much slang. I don't want to future any black stereotypes (though I have no prob with saying how hot beats are and how someone got flow).

Its cool, im just messing around. big grin

marvelprince
Originally posted by Alfheim
Its cool, im just messing around. big grin

I know. Its all good big grin

SpaceMonkey
Pharrell is overhyped, IMO. Not much there, sorry.

The Pict
I really, really don't like Pharrell, or any of his songs.

marvelprince
I agree he's overhyped, but I do like his music. He's so diverse and brings something more to the table other than your typical rap and R&B tracks

vintageSW77
I think hes just rehashing the same old sh1t.
I like the fact that he brought out a track called Number 1(smash hit) and it got no further than 31....that was good.
Wear a tank top ,add(or sample) some retro funk sounds,program a drum track with your eyes closed and your seen as hot sh1t!
Gwen was the best thing on that Skateboard P track........Cat P more like.
Mind you i did like that synth riff on DROP IT LIKES IT HOT.....
YESSIR!

marvelprince
Well at lost of his stuff are throwbacks to 80's pop and R&B so Number 1 came as no surprise to me. I did smile at the irony that it failed to reach number one though smile Gotta admit, that video was hella gay. Tight shirts, man purses, green roses. No thanks.

I actually think Gwen got kinda annoying on that track though. I got his CD, and I think he just needs to choose better singles. (I thought Number 1 was a nice song but I couldn't bring myself to watch the video more than once). Next single (That Girl ft Snoop) looks promising though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.