4.7 GB DVD+R... Help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morning_Glory
I just got a DVD recorder with Lightscribe

anyways... if you have a 4 GB DVD+R (for my computer)- -and when I record a normal full length movie off my tv (with the dvd recorder for the tv) -- I can normally record about 2 movies on 1 disc .... but when I try to record a movie on to a disc off of my computer, I can only get half of the movie...? why?

does anyone know, if there are settings I need to set on my computer or I need to get a different type of DVD disc?

ThePittman
What is the size of the movie, many movies now are larger then 4GB.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by ThePittman
What is the size of the movie, many movies now are larger then 4GB.

the one I want to do is - the first half of the movie is 701 MB... and I can get the all of that onto one disc but when I put the other half it goes over the 4GB

but if I was recording the same movie off of TV... it would easily fit onto one disc

I guess I just have to get dvd's with more space on them sad

ThePittman
What is the size of the 2nd half of the movie?

Solo
Download two programs, one named WinAviConverter (I'm assuming that these films are in the AVI format, but it can do many other formats too) and the other named DVDShrink.

You should be able to find these at normal, legal download sites, but if not go to torrentspy or some other torrent site.

You can convert you movie file into DVD using WinAvi. You can then upload your DVD off of your PC onto DVDShrink. DVDShrink will compress the DVD file size (you won't be able to tell a difference in quality, so don't sweat it), and it'll burn the DVD onto your DVD+R with no problem.

It may sound a bit complicated, but it's very simple, I do it in a few minutes on a daily basis. The converting, though, takes a little while.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Solo
Download two programs, one named WinAviConverter (I'm assuming that these films are in the AVI format, but it can do many other formats too) and the other named DVDShrink.

You should be able to find these at normal, legal download sites, but if not go to torrentspy or some other torrent site.

You can convert you movie file into DVD using WinAvi. You can then upload your DVD off of your PC onto DVDShrink. DVDShrink will compress the DVD file size (you won't be able to tell a difference in quality, so don't sweat it), and it'll burn the DVD onto your DVD+R with no problem.

It may sound a bit complicated, but it's very simple, I do it in a few minutes on a daily basis. The converting, though, takes a little while.

I use DVDDecoder and DVDShrink...also try to find an Avi joiner, making those 2 halves into one file.

Solo
Originally posted by LanceWindu
making those 2 halves into one file.
WinAvi can do that as well.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Solo

It may sound a bit complicated, but it's very simple, I do it in a few minutes on a daily basis. The converting, though, takes a little while. Originally posted by LanceWindu
I use DVDDecoder and DVDShrink...also try to find an Avi joiner, making those 2 halves into one file.

awesome! Thanks so much for your help... going to give this a try first thing in the morninghappy

Morning_Glory
so Im suppose to convert my movies into AVI or ...

what I did was press the "DVD" convert button...and batching both halves into 1 title

hope this is right

JKozzy
The old version of DivXtoDVD is free, I think it's version 0.52. The newer one is available at a nominal fee and will combine multiple AVI files to be burned to a DVD and will convert them for you. No need to buy larger discs. With that program too (called ConvertXtoDVD now, after it went retail), that's the only program you need for creation. Then you just need to have Nero or any other DVD burning application to burn the disc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.