*Cries* I know nothing of cell phone plans...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_LS
cry I have a good friend down in Florida that I'd like to talk to but I don't know if It'd cost anything to use my Dad's cell phone. I have NO clue what cell phone plan he uses and I don't know if I want to risk it because I don't want to see Dad's reaction when he gets that bill and It's jacked up majorly, he'll look straight at me. He doesn't even know I have this friend down in Florida so that'd make it worse. sad I really want to talk to him though.

silver_tears
All cell phones are crazy long distance wise, mine's like 50 cents a minute and I talk long erm Unless it's covered by your plan.
I use my house phone to call long distance, we have a plan.

Devalion
I phoned Ken the other day and it was horrible to find that the amount of credit I had lasted such a short time. Whereas if I had called one of my mates I could have talked for ages!

silver_tears
Precisely, the best way I find if I'm not home is to get a phone card and use a payphone.

Wolflet
no expression

Ronny
I have no idea... I may be getting a cell phone.. but i dont know what plan is the best. I'm guessing Verizon Wireless

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by silver_tears
All cell phones are crazy long distance wise, mine's like 50 cents a minute and I talk long erm Unless it's covered by your plan.
Yeah, you're lucky. See that's the thing though, I know nothing about my plan...
Originally posted by Devalion
I phoned Ken the other day and it was horrible to find that the amount of credit I had lasted such a short time. Whereas if I had called one of my mates I could have talked for ages!
It's so ridiculous the amount someone has to pay for such a short amount of time.
Precisely, the best way I find if I'm not home is to get a phone card and use a payphone.
I should use a pay phone, great idea.

Itzak
*Is the first male to post here* w00t

Lana

Man, really?

I can call anywhere in the US and Canada on my cell and it uses the same amount of minutes as it would for me to call my friend down the street.

I'm trying to get my mom to put international calls on my plan...$4 a month and 3 cents a minute = waaaaaay better than $1.50 a minute.

Either ask your dad or go buy a phone card. I've discovered that calls made with a card don't come up on the bill if you use your home phone (landline, not cell).

TheKingofKINGS!
I think I'll go call Dusty. Long-distance has no extra charge for me.

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by Lana
Man, really?

I can call anywhere in the US and Canada on my cell and it uses the same amount of minutes as it would for me to call my friend down the street.

I'm trying to get my mom to put international calls on my plan...$4 a month and 3 cents a minute = waaaaaay better than $1.50 a minute.

Either ask your dad or go buy a phone card. I've discovered that calls made with a card don't come up on the bill if you use your home phone (landline, not cell).
Oh lord, but he'd know when he saw that "Total" sign because nobody uses the phone because I'm always on the internet, lol. He'd automatically look at me and say "Why the f*** is the bill so high?"

§P0oONY
I've been dreaming
Of the things I've learnt
About a boy who's bleeding
celebrate to elevate
The joy is not the same without the pain
Oooh

Ipso facto
Using up your oxygen
You know I'm shallow
Calling out for extra help
You've got to let me in
Or let me out

Oooh something to talk about
Oooh Oooh Oooh

I've been dreaming
Of the things I learnt
About a boy who's leaving
Nothing else to chance again
You've got to let me in
Or let me out
Yeah something to talk about
Oooh Oooh Oooh

silver_tears
Man, really?

Exactly, the landline idea is the best with a phone card, it's used like cell credit this way and doesn't show up.

And I may be exaggerating about the 50 cents, but it is long distance me thinks, it doesn't cost minutes off my plan though, whole other charge on top of my monthly.

Like even texts are 5 cents more expensive internationally than just in Canada.

Lana
Originally posted by Kelly_LS
Oh lord, but he'd know when he saw that "Total" sign because nobody uses the phone because I'm always on the internet, lol. He'd automatically look at me and say "Why the f*** is the bill so high?"

You didn't read what I said about phone cards, did you.

Buy a phone card...they cost like $10. Use that to make your call. The call uses up the time on the card, thus it's not charged to your phone bill, it won't come up, and the total won't be any different then it normally is. You paid for the calls already when you bought the card.

silver_tears
Yea, and some cards have awesome deals, like half a cent a minute blink

Kelly_LS
You didn't read what I said about phone cards, did you.

Buy a phone card...they cost like $10. Use that to make your call. The call uses up the time on the card, thus it's not charged to your phone bill, it won't come up, and the total won't be any different then it normally is. You paid for the calls already when you bought the card.
I don't have any money. I mean wouldn't the actual phone card cost more than the phone call itself, from Florida??

Lana
If you can get ones that are for a monetary value, as opposed to a number of minutes, it's much better.

I bought a $10 card a while back (cost the same as a 100 minute one), and it was good for about 4 and a half hours of talk-time...to England.

I don't have any money. I mean wouldn't the actual phone card cost more than the phone call itself, from Florida??

$10 is not a lot.

And you can use the cards more than once.

Kelly_LS
Four and a half hours? Damn! I have to scrounge up $10.00.

Lana
Four and a half hours? Damn! I have to scrounge up $10.00.

Well, it depends on the type of card you get. They sell ones that are good for a certain number of minutes, and then ones where it costs a few cents per minute (depending on where you call) and is good for a certain amount of money. The one I had was like 75 cents to connect and then was 2 or 3 cents a minute, and this was using it to call England.

§P0oONY
Well, it depends on the type of card you get. They sell ones that are good for a certain number of minutes, and then ones where it costs a few cents per minute (depending on where you call) and is good for a certain amount of money. The one I had was like 75 cents to connect and then was 2 or 3 cents a minute, and this was using it to call England.

England w00t

Lana

Impediment
I use Cingular, and I get free nights and weekends. Then again, I'm not a "Chatty Kathy" when it comes to phone convos.

Kelly_LS
Are these sold at places like Wal-Mart or do you have to go to like a Wireless Phone place to get one? That's pretty damn awesome.

§P0oONY
Yes w00t I've been there twice too stick out tongue

Cool... I've only been there once but it's been quite an extented visit... I'll probably be moving next year though, either to the US or Scotland... w00t

silver_tears
Originally posted by Impediment
I use Cingular, and I get free nights and weekends. Then again, I'm not a "Chatty Kathy" when it comes to phone convos.

I loled happy

I get free nights and weekends as well, locally erm

silver_tears
Are these sold at places like Wal-Mart or do you have to go to like a Wireless Phone place to get one? That's pretty damn awesome.

Convenience stores even carry them.

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by Impediment
eek! Chatty Kathy. Yeah I remember Dad saying something (I only vaguely remember it, mind you) about free minutes but I don't know if that includes with or without long distance. Damn my short-term memory!

Lana

§P0oONY
I got mine at Sears, but they have them at Walgreens and Wal-mart and places like that as well.

That's cool...where in the US are you thinking of?

I'm thinking of possibly going to college in Canada next year...

Most of my friends use Cingular so we can all call each other for free, it's great.

Not sure... I may be taking a course at Uni which is called "Biology with a year in North America"... I think I get a list of US/Canadian Colleges I can attend during that year and I get to pick one... I may not even apply to this course though as i may take Mathematics instead.

Lana

Kelly_LS
That's an A+ from me, Yay!

§P0oONY
Heh, that's neat.

'tis rather...

Just found the list..

USA
Occidental College, California
Reed College, Portland, Oregon
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Davis
University of California, Irvine
University of California, Riverside
University of California, San Diego
University of California, Santa Barbara
University of California, Santa Cruz
University of Colorado, Boulder
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
University of Kansas, Lawrence
University of Maine, Orono
University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida
University of Missouri-Columbia

Canada
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver
University of British Columbia, Vancouver
University of Western Ontario, London

Lana

§P0oONY
To be honest the only one I've heard of is University of California, Berkeley...

And that's becasue it was on The OC.

Lana
Oh dear.

Lady Fianna
Don't go to America for university. no It will suck.

§P0oONY
I don't watch The OC..... Just so you know... It was just on.... And my eyes happened to glance at the TV screen.... Until it finished...

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lady Fianna
Don't go to America for university. no It will suck.

It's only 1 year... I get 3 years in an English Uni as well.

Lady Fianna

Lana

§P0oONY
Pffffttt. Ridiculous.

How exactly? confused

Jack of Blades
Has anyone heard of a programm Skype?It can be used to talk to people from long distances ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE!!!WEll you can get some upgrades on it and stuff but that il cost you.

Lady Fianna

§P0oONY
When you're older you'll understand. petpet
You're only like 1 year older than me....

http://www.uea.ac.uk/bio/admissions/undergraduates/degrees/c102.htm

Just check it out. I think it'd be a pretty cool experience to be honest... And then I get a degree in Biological Sciences after it... You're going to be in debt after Uni anyway.. So you might as well enjoy it.

silver_tears

Lady Fianna

§P0oONY
So you believe....ermm

Ha, I went to school in Norwich.

srug

Lady Fianna

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
Has anyone heard of a programm Skype?It can be used to talk to people from long distances ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE!!!WEll you can get some upgrades on it and stuff but that il cost you.
I highly doubt that.

§P0oONY
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Okay, you bore me.

srug

You going to school in Norwich means nothing... Just that your view is biased.

silver_tears
Skype's an internet thing though blink

Lady Fianna

§P0oONY
I think it means that the only bit of that link I focused on was 'uea', thus indicating that you going to uni means nothing to me.

Woo? It's not a bad Uni... Both my parents work in Administrations for Newcastle University and both agree it's alright. The fact that it means nothing to you, means nothing to me.

Lady Fianna

§P0oONY
It will poison your soul.

It's only something I'm considering, it's not set in stone... Anyway, I'm moving away from the idea as looking more towards Maths at the moment...

My soul is already poisoned anyway.

Jack of Blades
I highly doubt that.
Well beleve it or not i use it olmost everyday but if you dont want my advice thats your problem

JeanElla
smile

Utsukushii
^^^^^
I find it odd that you joined yesterday, have one post and it was for a thread that hasn't had any activity since 2006.

Rogue Jedi
What's a cell phone?

Mairuzu
Skype. Noob

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Utsukushii
^^^^^
I find it odd that you joined yesterday, have one post and it was for a thread that hasn't had any activity since 2006.
inorite?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.