breaking news...plane...building...new york

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6042306.stm

anyone got any more information?

PVS
its not an attack, if thats what you're concerned about. judging by the extent of damages so far reported (3 apartments in flames) i wouldnt be surprised if it was just a small prop plane pr maybe a helecopter

:edit: pics on the cnn article http://www.cnn.com/

Capt_Fantastic
no comment

Bardock42
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
no comment

Why? I wanted to make a 9/11 joke......now I had to say "Why"...good job gay person...

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why? I wanted to make a 9/11 joke......now I had to say "Why"...good job gay person...

Because this is going to be a story that will go on and on for no reason.

Bardock42

Hmm...why do you think that?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hmm...why do you think that?

Because there are already people talking about it being a plane, and the authorities say it is a helicopter, and everyone that witnessed it is saying it's was a small plane. And all the talk of hazaardous materials, etc. I'm just waiting for this tiny aircraft to bring down the whole building and Karl Rove to blame it on Clinton.

PVS

as jaden points out in the title (satirically i presume) "plane" "building" and "NYC" in any headline = ratings gold. so yes this will be milked dry.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

A radio controlled AIRPLANE HAS STRUCK A condemned BUILDING IN NYC KILLING OVER 250 cockroaches

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
as jaden points out in the title (satirically i presume) "plane" "building" and "NYC" in any headline = ratings gold. so yes this will be milked dry.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

A radio controlled AIRPLANE HAS STRUCK A condemned BUILDING IN NYC KILLING OVER 250 cockroaches

exactly

Bardock42
So far this thread is good fun.....

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS

BREAKING NEWS!!!

indeed...accidents happen...it certainly caught my eye while on the BBC news front page

and look at all of us diving in head first

jaden101
a pic

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42189000/jpg/_42189250_aircraft203.jpg

PVS
makes me worry that if terrorists really do attack us we'll all ignore the headlines given all the times "wolf" was cried messed

Madman_V3N0M
NOOO those bastards! They're killing cockroaches now?

Fishy
That would be pretty ironic... All that time fearing terrorist attacks and then ignoring the real one because you think it's fake. Reminds me of a story about a guy who liked to pretend he was drowning.

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS
makes me worry that if terrorists really do attack us we'll all ignore the headlines given all the times "wolf" was cried messed

http://aklemai.com/albums/forum/insight.jpg

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS

people should realize something very important. Apparently this country's leaders learned so much from 9/11 that any plane this size is allowed to fly so close to the airspace of the city of New York.

And people are saying he was performing stunts!

We are so much safer. Accident or not.

KidRock
At least the media isnt blowing it out of proportion. They are already sayin it wasnt a terrorist attack and shit. Not slamming "TERRORIST ATTACK!" on all their websites.

PVS
Originally posted by KidRock
http://aklemai.com/albums/forum/insight.jpg

???

stfu

At least the media isnt blowing it out of proportion. They are already sayin it wasnt a terrorist attack and shit. Not slamming "TERRORIST ATTACK!" on all their websites.

because that would be a lie and they would destroy their credit completely????

Capt_Fantastic

Well, they're following bits of debris all the way to the ground like it's people trapped in the WTC jumping off the top floor.

KidRock
Well, they're following bits of debris all the way to the ground like it's people trapped in the WTC jumping off the top floor.

Cause people want to see whats happening. They arent interviewing some hysterical old lady who is claiming it is all terrorists.

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
???

stfu

he just likes construction workers...this one is his favourite

http://dc.metblogs.com/Village%20People.png

KidRock
Originally posted by jaden101
he just likes construction workers...this one is his favourite

http://dc.metblogs.com/Village%20People.png

True.

Originally posted by PVS

because that would be a lie and they would destroy their credit completely????

Obviously.

PVS
i thought he would have fancied the cowboy

Capt_Fantastic
Cause people want to see whats happening. They arent interviewing some hysterical old lady who is claiming it is all terrorists.

They want to see a scrap of metal falling off the building and followed all the way down to the ground?

jaden101
They want to see a scrap of metal falling off the building and followed all the way down to the ground?

no...they're clearly waiting on superman to come and blow the flames out...dont you watch movies?

KidRock

Its a bird, its a plane...no, its the point i was trying to make flying right over your head!

Capt_Fantastic
Its a bird, its a plane...no, its the point i was trying to make flying right over your head!

No, it's neither. It's a scrap of metal falling off a building. You want the story, listen to what the people are saying, not the story of 9/11 all over again. The fire is out, and FOX news keeps showing the building on fire. But I do love that it's 10/11

~Flamboyant~
Now watch this is just a diversion.

DanZeke25
Plane Registered under Yankees pitcher Corey Lidle.

Also, 9-11-01 upside down = 10-11-6. laughing

~Flamboyant~
Pilot was a New York Yankee Pitcher.....

edit: Oooh beat me to it.

PVS
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Plane Registered under Yankees pitcher Corey Lidle.

Also, 9-11-01 upside down = 10-11-6. laughing

well, actually its 10-11-06, which upside down is upside down is 90-11-01

jaden101
see it if turns out he was trying to fly past his own apartment or some other such idiocy...then **** 'im...deserved it for being a tool

PVS
oh god, think of all the tasteless joke which will spring from this.

"pop fly" perhaps....

DanZeke25
Originally posted by PVS
well, actually its 10-11-06, which upside down is upside down is 90-11-01

I know. stick out tongue

PVS
well, he was a yankee but just just got traded to the angels *rimshot* ZIIIIIING

DanZeke25
If A-rod was in the plane, it wouldn't have hit anything. ZIIIIIING!

SupezM'
New Yorkers will no longer fear the number 13, instead it will be replaced by the number 11.

sithsaber408
Damn. That sucks. He just lost to the A's too.

Bet yesterday he was only thinking that his world series dreams had crashed and burned.

KidRock
going going..that babys gone.

Alliance
Originally posted by jaden101
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6042306.stm

anyone got any more information?

OMG! This is clearly orchestrated by the Bush administration in order to punish the Yankees...

...everyone knows Cheney was a huge Yankees fan and was angry about the season...

http://edsdailyrant.blogspot.com/cheney_yankees.jpg

I think killing people is too extreme of a punishment. Didn't Haliburton already get a no-bid contract to rebuild the Yankees anyway?

The Core
Originally posted by DanZeke25
If A-rod was in the plane, it wouldn't have hit anything. ZIIIIIING!

Normally, I'd say that making light of someone's death is tastless but THAT was ****ing AWESOME! laughing

Quiero Mota
Its too bad for his family that he dies, but otherwise **** the Yankees.

Alpha Centauri
I was talking to someone at the time and they said "OH NO! SOMEONE FLEW A JET INTO A HIGH RISE IN NEW YORK!".

I saw the footage on TV and in all honesty I've seen house fires caused by kitchen malfunctions that looked worse. Not saying it wasn't a bad thing to happen, of course.

-AC

redcaped
Do you live in a tall building? I don't think you want Superman in real life...

~Flamboyant~
.....What?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.