Why cant I think of nothing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revan Souer
I was sitting in bed last night think if I die what happens to ME and what the **** is ME?

I came to the conclution that once you die, thats it. Dead, nothing more. Yet then I tried to think about me being nothing and I just couldnt. I know sometimes your mind can wander and you can or aleast it seems like you can think of nothing. So how come when you try it just doesnt work.

Now this isnt some kind of life after death crap question. It just simple, why cant my head get round NOTHING?

jaden101
gimme a P....
gimme a h
gimme a i
gimme a l
gimme a o
gimme a s
gimme a o
gimme a p
gimme a h
gimme a y
gimme a f
gimme a o
gimme a r
gimme a u
gimme a m

gimme a break

Revan Souer
Originally posted by jaden101
gimme a P....
gimme a h
gimme a i
gimme a l
gimme a o
gimme a s
gimme a o
gimme a p
gimme a h
gimme a y
gimme a f
gimme a o
gimme a r
gimme a u
gimme a m

gimme a break Not Philosophy just wonder why you can think about nothing, seriously try it. Something always creeps in

Deano
conciousness exists forever

Madman_V3N0M
Got int the phil forum and there's athread there about imagining nothing.
And yeah, you can't know what's gonna be after death, but you'll either find out or you won't care(if your conciousness ceases to exist that is).

Deano
i know for sure that conciousness exists forever

Storm
I can empty my mind of all thought, memories, emotions, and sensations. Letting the mind go silent can be difficult, particularly since any effort seems to just cause more business in the mind.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Storm
I can empty my mind of all thought, memories, emotions, and sensations. Letting the mind go silent can be difficult, particularly since any effort seems to just cause more business in the mind.

Well..just by putting in some sort of effort you can't.....usually...

Madman_V3N0M
My mind goes blank sometimes, when I watch Bush's speeches.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Madman_V3N0M
My mind goes blank sometimes, when I watch Bush's speeches.

Haha, funny...same thing happens to him when he doesn't write them.

PVS
this is what someone looks like when they have successfully crossed the mind's threshold and are actually thinking about nothing:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Pvt_Joker7/bushblink.gif
rebuffering
please wait

Bardock42
Bush bashing *****.

PVS
Happy Dance

Madman_V3N0M
My study concludes:
http://www.threedy.com/site/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=54271&stc=1

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
this is what someone looks like when they have successfully crossed the mind's threshold and are actually thinking about nothing:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Pvt_Joker7/bushblink.gif
rebuffering
please wait

thats him struggling to keep human form

PVS
actually, thats how he breaths. those are gills

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
actually, thats how he breaths. those are gills

reptillians lose form when they are flustered. or is he a robot?

below is a pic of clinton struggling to keep human form.

http://www.stargods.org/ClintonStraight.jpg

http://www.stargods.org/ClintonBW_Highlighted.jpg

Soleran
Originally posted by Deano

That actually looks like a stressed out man.

LOL reptiles, what is this V for real now!

Deano
no human would allow such suffering in the world. would you? think about it. they thrive on the energy of the suffering.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Revan Souer
I was sitting in bed last night think if I die what happens to ME and what the **** is ME?

I came to the conclution that once you die, thats it. Dead, nothing more. Yet then I tried to think about me being nothing and I just couldnt. I know sometimes your mind can wander and you can or aleast it seems like you can think of nothing. So how come when you try it just doesnt work.

Now this isnt some kind of life after death crap question. It just simple, why cant my head get round NOTHING? You can't think of nothing because even after you die you are still something with consciousness........IMO

debbiejo
thats him struggling to keep human form laughing

KidRock

The sad thing is I cant tell if your serious or joking..with you it can go either way.

Deano
thats why im a genius.

but comon its obvious he is losing human form.just look at the pic

Quiero Mota

Now this isnt some kind of life after death crap question. It just simple, why cant my head get round NOTHING?

^ acid-head

debbiejo
You can't empty your mind.........because a mind is thought....and to get rid of that is to emptly you brain and not even that.......who's to say what an unconscious person thinks..........NOT POSSIBLE...........The mind is bigger than your being........IMO

botankus
Revan, did your kid put this thought into your mind?

=Tired Hiker=

I think it's like when you get put out for surgery, you don't dream or anything. You just wake up and suddenly realize that twelve hours just passed. But when you die, you don't wake up to realize it, so you will never know.

Mišt
I came to the conclution that once you die, thats it. Dead, nothing more.

Give this guy a Nobel Prizepetpet

Madman_V3N0M
If he doesn't want it can I have it?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm able to quiet my mind when I'm doing laps in the pool, or when I'm getting barreled when I go surfing.

I'm really sweet.

Mišt
Originally posted by Madman_V3N0M
If he doesn't want it can I have it?

Can you cure cancer?hmm

Mindship
Not Philosophy just wonder why you can think about nothing, seriously try it. Something always creeps in

As a technique, that's what Meditation is about (or at least one way of thinking of it).

botankus
I wonder why Jackie didn't respond. After all, "nothing" doesn't exist inside her mind, so she can't think of it.

PVS
and when i think of "nothering" blood begins to pour out my ears

Madman_V3N0M

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
and when i think of "nothering" blood begins to pour out my ears

i'd pay money to see that...maybe not alot of money...

debbiejo
Impossible cause you are not a body that can do this.............We are full of thoughts and imaginations,...............

jaden101
Originally posted by debbiejo
Impossible cause you are not a body that can do this.............We are full of thoughts and imaginations,...............

you certainly are... roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm able to quiet my mind when I'm doing laps in the pool, or when I'm getting barreled when I go surfing.

I'm really sweet. Can you please describe this nothing thoght as you surf??????....Nothing at all.??........how does one do thisl?

Madman_V3N0M
I can also make Shanghai Chicken, can I have the prize now?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by debbiejo
Can you please describe this nothing thoght as you surf??????....Nothing at all.??........how does one do thisl?

Like I said ol' debs, my mind quiets to a single moment; an instant I like to call 'The Now'.

Mystical.

debbiejo
Oooo

Atlantis001
Perhaps when we die the mind is finally clean of thoughts, but any state of mind is still a state of consciousness, so perhaps death is like a relaxed state of the mind, like a sleep without dreams.... but its still a state of consciousness.

And this should be at the philosophy forum.

Madman_V3N0M
*blank*

What?! I went blank there for a moment...
*blank*

debbiejo
Even if one is dead I believe you cannot stop thinking. Some have said to be in mortal bodies is dead and when not in these we are alive.

Madman_V3N0M
Really who said such stupid things?

debbiejo
People that can see outside the moral skin box. People who can see the that this body is just trappings of layers. And outside those layers are the life of who you are....

Madman_V3N0M
Really who said such stupid things?
Sorry it's just that you used the words: "some have said"

debbiejo
Ok ...... many people feel this way..........paperbag3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.