Who is D.C's Wolverine?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
I don't know anyone who is slightly superhuman in D.C who pulls off that amount of stupidity.

SpunkySmurph
Though I hate to quote myself...

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Wolverine is honestly the best Marvel Batman.

They're both masters at h2h.
They both are 'dark' superheros.
They both have homicidal arch nemesis'
They both have non-major powers (when PIS isn't involved)
They both have shady pasts
And the list goes on...

Hell, they were even amalgamted together to make Dark Claw for amalgam comics because they're characters fit so well. (I love Sabertooth and the Joker making Hyena)

I was talking about who was the best Marvel Batman, but I figure it goes both ways

bigbran
Presence?

grey fox
Though I hate to quote myself...

I was talking about who was the best Marvel Batman, but I figure it goes both ways

Nope it's Lobo.

Dc even stated Lobo is rip-off of Wolverine multiplied to the Nth level...

long pig
Originally posted by grey fox
Nope it's Lobo.

Dc even stated Lobo is rip-off of Wolverine multiplied to the Nth level...
So, they took Wolverine, depowered him and called him Lobo?

Damn D.C! DAMN THEM!

Dreampanther

Validus
Originally posted by long pig
I don't know anyone who is slightly superhuman in D.C who pulls off that amount of stupidity.
Animated Robin

The second he says "Titans Go", it's game over for the villain of that episode.

Draco69
Orion. In terms of character....

SpunkySmurph

Dreampanther
Ha ha - what about Guy Gardner - Warrior?! laughing

Dreampanther
And no, definitely not Lobo. Superficially, I am sure there are a lot of resemblances, but if you have actually spent as much time reading Lobo as I have, you will know they are two completely different characters.

I dunno, maybe some of you might feel differently, but for me, Batman would actually be closer to Wolverine than Lobo is. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, of course big grin

Dreampanther
Like bread and butter.
...Or something to that affect.

One may slash with adamantium claws, while the other throws batarangs, but in essence they're the same.

They're the lone ranger
They recognize friends and such (for the few that have earned such a title), but due to their jaded past, making themselves close is hard.
They can become obsessive with their other lives.
The X-men are Wolverine's Superman.

Right now, Wolverine is even driven to battle Corporate corruption and evil with the MGH scandal. And he's doing it smoothly, effectivley, from the shadows.

Doesn't that seem reminiscent of The Dark Knight to you?

It does, which is really annoying stick out tongue

bigbran
What about this?Originally posted by bigbran
Presence?

Dreampanther
From Wiki:

"The Presence is a name for the supreme being in the fictional DC Comics Universe, believed to be the God of Judeo-Christian (and other) beliefs. The Voice is an aspect of The Presence, it is the "Voice" of God. (The Presence should not be confused with the atomic-powered being with the same name from Marvel Comics.) The name was coined to avoid referring to this character as God, despite its obviously being intended to be that being. It would not be until the Comics Code Authority began to lose its influence that DC Comics would allow it to be referred to as God, mainly in its Vertigo line of comics.

The cosmic force known as the Source is believed to an aspect of the Presence.

Powers
The Presence is omnipotent.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presence_%28comics%29"

I have to admit, that does sound a little bit like Wolverine - just not as powerful, of course

stick out tongue

bigbran
Originally posted by Dreampanther
From Wiki:

"The Presence is a name for the supreme being in the fictional DC Comics Universe, believed to be the God of Judeo-Christian (and other) beliefs. The Voice is an aspect of The Presence, it is the "Voice" of God. (The Presence should not be confused with the atomic-powered being with the same name from Marvel Comics.) The name was coined to avoid referring to this character as God, despite its obviously being intended to be that being. It would not be until the Comics Code Authority began to lose its influence that DC Comics would allow it to be referred to as God, mainly in its Vertigo line of comics.

The cosmic force known as the Source is believed to an aspect of the Presence.

Powers
The Presence is omnipotent.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presence_%28comics%29"

I have to admit, that does sound a little bit like Wolverine - just not as powerful, of course

stick out tongue I know who he is.
I think they would have to have Great Evil Beast, and Presence multiplied by 4 to equal Wolverine.

NiņoAraņa
so i guess its Batman for character and lobo for looks kinda

Dreampanther
Yeah, seems like, kinda - doesn't seem very satisfying, but I can't think of anybody else right now... miffed

outarddwarf
Grey Fox is right in that DC really did base lobo off of wolverine, in the basest peices of the characters personality.
They both:
smoke cigars
swear incesently
have no problem with killing

They are on par with each comic industrys boyscout. Lobo with Superman and Wolverine with Captain America. I think this is to keep the balance personally. Which explains the gap in power, Lobo naturally needed the superman-like powers in order to pose some sort of threat to superman.

Both use slashing/peircing weapons (lobo's hook, Wolverines claws)

They were intended to be similar. So i do think Grey Fox is right.

Dreampanther
Hmm, I understand what you are saying, but characterwise I would say that Lobo reminded me more of Deadpool, just for the over-the-topness. As much as comparing Wolverine to Batman shocked me, intially, the idea is beginning to grow on me.

In all seriousness, despite what happened in that ridiculous, blasphemous mad crossover where the fans could vote for their favourite characters, Lobo, as you stated, is in Superman's league, and a perfect counterpoint to his seriousness and Boy Scoutishness. In a real match Lobo would have Wolverine for breakfast, wait for him to heal, then have him for lunch, then wait for him to heal... I think you can see where I am going with this... stick out tongue

So, according to my own personal merit system, anyway, I see Batman as being closer to Wolverine than Lobo...

Like I said, I do understand what you are arguing, though.

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig

Deathstroke pulls off stupid feats in every other appearance

no expression

Darth Martin
Batman or even Deathstroke manages to pull off his pure share of PIS.

roughrider
Lobo is a parody of Logan. Deathstroke has that martial training. Batman has the intimidating costume...

A new character - Batlobroke! smart laughing

UniOmni
I thought Slade would be the easy answer.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by roughrider
Lobo is a parody of Logan. Deathstroke has that martial training. Batman has the intimidating costume...

A new character - Batlobroke! smart laughing laughing wink cool

Accel
Gotta be Deathstroke. He's the DC character I associate most with Wolverine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.