I'm looking into buying a Guitar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pezmerga
I wanna buy something, but I don't wanna go too crazy since I am a beginner lol. So I'm looking at acoustics. Any suggestions?

I was looking at a Yamaha FG720S Acoustic. or an Ibanez PF15 Acoustic.
But I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about guitars, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks .

Quiero Mota
Where do you live, ese? Because I would recomend a traditional Mexican guitar made by an small business owner who does it for a living. They're dependable, long lasting, and have that Spanish flavor that they're known for.

Darth Jello
how big are you? how big/long are your fingers? right or left handed? nylon or steel string?

Pezmerga
im 6'1" or so, 215 lbs, fingers arent real long lol kinda stubby. Right Handed, Steel I guess.

jaden101
tanglewood do good entry level acoustics...

the indiana cutaway would be a good start

http://www.playrecord.net/images/TW28%20ST-USA-CE.jpg

best advice is to go to your local shop and try them until you find one that sounds and feels right

the tanglewoods have quite a crisp sound whereas alot of acoustics on the market have abandoned that type of tone for softer sounds...

you also need to pick a guitar in which the action feels right...the action is the height of the strings above the fret board...if they are higher then you can play slide more easily but chords and faster changes are more difficult...a lower action means the opposite...

Darth Jello
if you want something more advance, you can't go wrong with the Gibson/Epiphone Texan

amity75
Just make sure you get it from your local independent guitar shop. If you give them your custom then they won't forget you. Don't give your money to one of the city centre mega stores. smile

jaden101
Originally posted by amity75
Just make sure you get it from your local independent guitar shop. If you give them your custom then they won't forget you. Don't give your money to one of the city centre mega stores. smile

definitely agree with that...

amity75
Shameless plug time here - Magnum Sounds in Wishaw. Been helping me with all my guitar needs since 1993.

Pezmerga
Thanks for the suggestions! I guess when I buy I'll post what I decide on =).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.