Why can there be no more Sith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
Some of the Sith were just Dark Jedi turned from the light side and learned from Sith holocrons and such. I have heard many people say that they are now extinct and are no more, but what if someone from the NJO found a Sith holocron from Sidious or Vader or some ancient Sith and learned the ways of the Sith? Would they be a Sith? Or am I wrong? Someone please clear this up for me please.

darth_fidelis
Originally posted by General G
Some of the Sith were just Dark Jedi turned from the light side and learned from Sith holocrons and such. I have heard many people say that they are now extinct and are no more, but what if someone from the NJO found a Sith holocron from Sidious or Vader or some ancient Sith and learned the ways of the Sith? Would they be a Sith? Or am I wrong? Someone please clear this up for me please.

there were plenty of sith after vader and sidious.
infact vader and sidious taught other force users the way of the dark side during their reign in the empire.

Ushgarak
Technically, fine, there could be more on that basis.

But thewy wouldn't REALLY be Sith. They could call themselves Sith, act like Sith, but it would be in name only.

The point is that the Sith were a continuous organisation, from Master to Apprentice, for thousands of years.

In the films, that cycle was broken. With no more Master or Apprentice, the line could never continue. Hence, the Sith were forever destroyed.

The Dark Side continues, but any future Dark Side adherents would only be calling themselves Sith to try and sound cool. The real Sith are extinct.

General G
mmmk, makes more sense now, thanks

Darth Subjekt
Didnt the next Sith lord to rule the entire galaxy after Palpatine make a rul of one, One Sith Order to house many Sith? I just read that today. His name started with a K I believe, I just don't wantto butcher his name.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Technically, fine, there could be more on that basis.

But thewy wouldn't REALLY be Sith. They could call themselves Sith, act like Sith, but it would be in name only.

The point is that the Sith were a continuous organisation, from Master to Apprentice, for thousands of years.

In the films, that cycle was broken. With no more Master or Apprentice, the line could never continue. Hence, the Sith were forever destroyed.

The Dark Side continues, but any future Dark Side adherents would only be calling themselves Sith to try and sound cool. The real Sith are extinct.

That doesn't mean there wern't other Sith, they didn't all have to follow Bane's way of thinking. In fact, why would they? They're Sith after all

exanda kane
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
That doesn't mean there wern't other Sith, they didn't all have to follow Bane's way of thinking. In fact, why would they? They're Sith after all

There's always one isn't there...

Ushgarak
Indeed so.

DK, George says- canonically, indisputably- that there are only two Sith, and thanks to the Chosen One the Sith are destroyed. End of!

Captain REX
Quite so.

As I suspected with Darth Krayt, he can talk the talk, but he can't walk the walk. Legacy #5 reveals that the Sith of old have shunned him, labeling him Pretender.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.