Ant-Man, The Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PlasticMan411
I'd say Sean William Scott as Ant-Man and Kelly Hu as Wasp big grin

Darth Martin
Not bad choices.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/avengersnews.php?id=9061

jinXed by JaNx
For fuk sake. REALLY? Really? Ant-man?

Kazenji
Why not?

he is a member of the Avengers and thats their big movie.

super pr*xy
do they really need to make a movie for every member though?

JakeTheBank
I don't think Pym could hold a movie all on his own, tbh, and I think Pym kicks ass, myself. Putting him in the Avengers film is good enough to begin with.

BruceSkywalker
never really liked pym as ant man.... i will and see who is casted

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why not?

he is a member of the Avengers and thats their big movie.

Don't get me wrong, i like, Pym. He is an important part of the Marvel world but like, jakeTheBank said. I don't think, Pym can carry a movie. I think he'd make a great supporting character though. I just don't have much faith in, Marvel studios anymore.

roughrider
People have never cared much about Hank Pym. Even Stan Lee has acknowledged in the past, he was one Silver era hero who never took hold with the fans. What they think they can do with an Ant Man movie is beyond me.

King Kandy
Ant Man sucked so much that even in the comic they had to keep switching his powers/gimmicks around every year to find something that wasn't stupid or lame.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113684-edgar-wright-is-writing-ant-man-again

roughrider
If Edgar Wright is doing it, it will be an entertaining, off the wall film. Just don't see a franchise here.

the ninjak
SCIENTIST SUPREME BABY!

Bentley
Originally posted by King Kandy
Ant Man sucked so much that even in the comic they had to keep switching his powers/gimmicks around every year to find something that wasn't stupid or lame.

He is just that awesome shifty

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Don't get me wrong, i like, Pym. He is an important part of the Marvel world but like, jakeTheBank said. I don't think, Pym can carry a movie. I think he'd make a great supporting character though. I just don't have much faith in, Marvel studios anymore.

He can be a supporting character! Think about this!

Introducing the AMAZING:

WASP and Ant-Man

Scythe
The trailers have to be done all grindhouse with a 1950's flair to them, that would be hilarious.

"Watch as a normal man shrinks down and engages insects in battle!"

"Scream in horror as he neglects the laws of human physics!"

"Applaude loudly as he pistons his fists into the wife's face!"

srankmissingnin
I read somewhere that Alan Tudyk is supposed to be Antman... which makes me more excited about Antman than any other comic movie on the horizon.

Gecko4lif
Only way this wont fail is if it goes the irredeemable ant man route

SamZED
I see this movie making 200$ worldwide.

Accel
Ant-Man always had a potential for a fun movie. It's "Spider-Man" meets "Honey I Shrunk the Kids."

Throw in Edgar Wright (an admitted Ant-Man fan) behind the the camera and there's no way this wouldn't be great.

Bentley
If an Ant-Man movie ever worked it wouldn't be surprised for people realizing Ant-Man is a comic character several weeks after seeing the film "huh? I thought it was like the Incredibles".

pym-ftw
I hope the movie is a success, it has solid potential.

I keep hearing a rumor that it is set in the 60's. It could be cool to see Pym work with Howard Stark on the blueprints to Tony's arch reactor and the Infinity Formula.

And have him leave the blueprints for Ultron, that Tony later finds in age of Ultron.

Kazenji
I think it will turn out good with Edger Wright directing it

he had to work out how to bring that Scott Prilgrim to the screen.

BruceSkywalker
if this film were a success could we see possibly Pym's Yellowjacket persona??

pym-ftw
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I keep hearing a rumor that it is set in the 60's. It could be cool to see Pym work with Howard Stark on the blueprints to Tony's arch reactor and the Infinity Formula.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
if this film were a success could we see possibly Pym's Yellowjacket persona??

That's what I would set up

Kazenji
Edger Wright teases the costume

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=87974

pym-ftw
Look to be based on Lang, Feige has called it "a Heist movie"

Firefly218
Paul Rudd is in talks to star in the movie, probably as pym

SpaceMonkey
There's reports that Paul Rudd has indeed been cast as Hank Pym.

roughrider
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
There's reports that Paul Rudd has indeed been cast as Hank Pym.

http://collider.com/paul-rudd-ant-man/

Kazenji
I bet there's going to be doubters

the same people who doubted Mark Ruffalo playing Bruce Banner/Hulk

JayDaDon
Whoa whoa wait, so now the movie IS going to star Pym?

DARTH POWER

Nah he's a really good choice.

Firefly218

I still don't like the idea of mark ruffalo as Bruce banner.
Paul Rudd is a good choice for ant man though

BruceSkywalker
i hope there will be a boatload of action ..

also does anyone think that Janet will become the Wasp at some point to help set up the eventual sequel?

Kazenji
And we get to see Hank slap Janet?

JayDaDon
Rumors are saying Rashida Jones is up for the romantic interest, so possibly Rashida Jones as Wasp??? Hope so droolio

bats2jm
Michael Douglas to Play Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/michael-douglas-to-play-hank-pym-in-marvels-ant-man?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

SpaceMonkey
I love Marvel.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by bats2jm
Michael Douglas to Play Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/michael-douglas-to-play-hank-pym-in-marvels-ant-man?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

that means Rudd is Scott Lang.. sad sad

Golgo13
sad

Michael Douglas?

JayDaDon
Damn I was REALLY liking the idea of Rudd as Pym. Douglas playing him must mean Marvel really does not want Pym as an avenger.

Tzeentch
I guess they had to slip-up and pull a Warner Brothers at some point.

DARTH POWER
Yep WB are in good company now.

I wonder if they could at least have Douglas in Avengers 2 aiding in the creation of Ultron. Surely they wouldn't need to wait for the Ant-Man movie for that to happen.

Golgo13
Douglas is a GOOD actor, but as Pym? Horrible idea.

bats2jm
Michael Douglas Hank Pym might be The Villain http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/13/michael-douglas-is-the-villain-of-ant-man-hank-pym/

Entity
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Douglas playing him must mean Marvel really does not want Pym as an avenger. thumb up

It made me so very happy to read this update on my phone earlier today. HATE PYM! Always have always will think he's an unworthy full of himself wife beating hero wannabe Avenger. Desperate for others approval as well as confirmation of his own inflated delusional self image. So much so that's his goal and reasoning for wanting to do go and be a hero rather than for being heroic or doing good itself. It's exactly why in my opinion he'll never be the very things he strives to believing himself to be.

Having been written that way has made him an unique, more human complex character which I love and don't believe there's nearly enough of in well known mainstream comics but its also why he'd never be allowed into a huge block buster superhero movie. At least not written true to his own darker more complicated history. However without that he's just not an interesting character and why he's never taken off in popularity as the other Avengers did in my opinion.

As for the news Pym will be old past Antman I say eek! awesome!
Maybe he can still become the creator of Ultron too and we can avoid the idea of passing that burden off on Tony and villainizing Jarvis that I hated hearing rumors about. eek!

This is excellent news in my day. I knew Joss should still be trusted. I had moments of doubt but I never lost hope and I could be wrong but I think he's going to astonish once again. wink

JayDaDon
I want to see what some of the Pym fans around here, (Pym-ftw, PR) think about this news.

roughrider
http://gma.yahoo.com/video/michael-douglas-play-hank-pym-153243989.html

steverules_2
So Rudd is in it

Kazenji
Yeah he's playing Scott Lang

going for a Old Ant-Man & new Ant-Man story it seems.

jinXed by JaNx
I guess that's not bad news. I don't know this will work. Even though it's Ant-man I still imagine a movie about him to be some what of a physical action movie. It's Micheal Douglas though so having him in a movie can't hurt. It's still Ant-man though but having Micheal Douglas in it certainly peeks my interest a bit if not just to see how it works

SpaceMonkey
Evangeline Lilly as Wasp? I would like that.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/290301-evangeline-lilly-targeted-for-marvel-studios-ant-man

pym-ftw
I want to see what some of the Pym fans around here, (Pym-ftw, PR) think about this news. Douglas is a true A lister, I'm personally okay with it. I have more of a problem with Pym not creating Ultron, this isn't a Fox movie where the canon is closer to toilet paper than a script, this is Disney and the movies have a way of changing comic storylines. AlsoOriginally posted by SpaceMonkey
Evangeline Lilly as Wasp? I would like that.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/290301-evangeline-lilly-targeted-for-marvel-studios-ant-man also this, I wonder if they will go with the rumored LangxJan relationship or if she is regulated to just flashbacks, we know everyone wants her in avengers 3 so Idk either way its failed to me.

JayDaDon
I'm hoping Patrick Wilson plays a young Pym who (somehow) makes it to current times to join the avengers :P

pym-ftw
I think if they do that, he gets the code name Yellow Jacket. I heard all they want for avengers 3 is Wasp though so who knows how they will shoe horn her in...

Kazenji
Evangeline Lilly has been confirmed now & HOUSE OF CARDS Star Corey Stoll in talks

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=96705

people thinking Egghead for Corey in the comments.

pym-ftw
It's possible but if I had to guess he will be Klaw to tease a future BP movie

pym-ftw
I wonder with Avengers AI cancelled if Marvel will do a Pym solo comic, I can't imagine Marvel putting out a movie for a character that isn't featured in any books. In other news it looks like the involvement of Robert Redford really didn't affect Cap 2's bottom line, which is making me nervous for this movie being Marvel's first flop.

Kazenji
, which is making me nervous for this movie being Marvel's first flop.

People seem to think Guardians will be their first flop

guess will have to wait and see.

CPT Space Bomb

I don't Think Guardians will flop. I think there is enough hype especially after Cap that people will at least watch it once. Course, like you said, we'll have to wait and see.

CPT Space Bomb
You know what, the casting of Micheal Douglas and Paul Rudd playing 2 different versions of the character make me WAY more excited for this movie; as opposed to your cut and paste origin story movie. I'm really interested to see where they take this.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
You know what, the casting of Micheal Douglas and Paul Rudd playing 2 different versions of the character make me WAY more excited for this movie; as opposed to your cut and paste origin story movie. I'm really interested to see where they take this. to be fair the top 2 most interesting things about Scott is his origin story & Cassie. I assume Jan will be added to make him even more into Pym, I just hope Bends doesn't add it to the comic versions.

My only real hope for this movie is an antman marvel legends line. Maybe a Pym antman figure finally.

-Pr-
Bendis shouldn't be anywhere near Pym in the first place.

DARTH POWER

Seriously doubt that. Marvel studios have built a huge brand name. People will give anything/everything they do a chance.

WhiteWitchKing
Here's hoping they are wrong. That script must be good otherwise why would Glen Close, Benecio Del Toro, John C. Reilly, Lee Pace, and a list of other stars sign up? I'm thinking they at least read through parts of the script and thought it was it was good enough. The team/movie is so obscure I doubt stars would just jump in blindly. It's how the director brings this to life that's will make or break it. Hope they have enough time to edit it. Thor 2 suffered a lot from poor editing.

-Pr-
well damn...

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/edgar-wright-exits-marvels-ant-man-as-director-1201190458/

SpaceMonkey
I was never a fan of Wright directing it, so I'm OK with this.

Inhuman
I was never a fan of Wright directing it, so I'm OK with this.

feel kinda the same way. His movies are pretty good but I always thought he was too "indy" for this type of movie. Movie will still be made and im sure Marvel will make sure its a good film.

ares834
Originally posted by -Pr-
well damn...

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/edgar-wright-exits-marvels-ant-man-as-director-1201190458/

That's a travesty.

roughrider
Edgar Wright has been off & on this project for ten years, waiting for it to be greenlit. Now that's it finally a go, everyone has been cast and cameras actually seemed to be rolling, he bolts?! blink

Did Marvel hire Matthew Vaughn under an alias here? stick out tongue

Golgo13
Supposedly Marvel got rid of him, because of his delays.

ares834

Hard to do that. Considering it would require going back in time and preventing TIH from flopping.

roughrider
I never wanted an Ant-Man movie anyway, and always wondered why Edgar Wright spent so much time championing the project. Now as soon as he gets what he wants, he's suddenly outta there.

Over to Kevin Feige for the explanation...

And who are they going to get now, for a film scheduled to open in late July 2015?

(Wait...isn't Brett Ratner available?... stick out tongue )

JayDaDon
The creative differences were probably Marvel saying "Hmm, you know what would make it AMAZING? Even LESS Pym."

-Pr-
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised.

****ing hacks.

Firefly218
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/24/05/movies/spielberg-to-direct-upcoming-antman-feature

Stevan Speilberg is directing antman!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** yeah

JayDaDon
Get the phuck outta here! No way!

roughrider
Originally posted by Firefly218
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/24/05/movies/spielberg-to-direct-upcoming-antman-feature

Article has vanished. But if it's true...this is what could make me excited for it! No one directs a big budget feature faster and with as much confidence as Spielberg.

pym-ftw
The creative differences were probably Marvel saying "Hmm, you know what would make it AMAZING? Even LESS Pym." I kinda think its the opposite because nearly every news outlet that isn't just a movie site always just assumes the movie is about Pym because Lang is such an unimportant character, that said Lang is apparently Wights favored Antman and the reason he wanted to make this movie.Originally posted by Firefly218

Stevan Speilberg is directing antman!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** yeah dead link but is amazing if true. Douglas & Spielberg together could make this a real super hero drama and separate this from all the other Marvel movies.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218

most likely its fake as i cannot find this anywhere

Golgo13
Nice insight on the situation.

tKzun0CSG8s

pym-ftw
I didn't watch your video, but I'm assuming its a Tone argument? I can't subscribe to that unless Feige and the big heads of Disney are completely idiotic. Wright is a comedy director, and thinking your gonna get something else is textbook insanity.

roughrider
Originally posted by Golgo13
Nice insight on the situation.

tKzun0CSG8s

Anyone else notice when they did the 'Kinberg talks Apocalypse' segment around the 20 minute mark, the picture they ran was not of Kinberg & Apocalypse but Kinberg & Darkseid? As he appeared in Final Crisis? laughing

Somebody on their production crew thought all blue & grey guys look alike, and ran the first thing they googled. stick out tongue

Golgo13
I didn't watch your video, but I'm assuming its a Tone argument? I can't subscribe to that unless Feige and the big heads of Disney are completely idiotic. Wright is a comedy director, and thinking your gonna get something else is textbook insanity.

Here is a NEWSARAMA article about it.

http://www.newsarama.com/21227-wright-s-ant-man-departure-reportedly-over-script-re-writes.html

Apparently over re-writes.

roughrider

The project must had evolved over time; it got started before there was a shared Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel Studios has hired indie directors as vastly different as Jon Favreau & Kenneth Branagh to do projects for their universe; they brought their particular strengths to their films, yet also managed to honour the particular tone & aesthetic MS has created.

Maybe in the end, they realized Edgar Wright was going to make a film that was too Edgar Wright and not Marvel enough. And Edgar Wright decided he couldn't compromise enough to suit Marvel's needs for universe building.

Inhuman
Ive read elsewhere that Wright's scripts were more stand alone movie oriented in his quirky, Indy style, and Marvel wasn't twisting his arm at first to do it the Marvel way BUT they did want the movie to fit into their universe. That didn't happen so thats why the conflicts and script rewrites occurred.

Inhuman
Originally posted by roughrider
The project must had evolved over time; it got started before there was a shared Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel Studios has hired indie directors as vastly different as Jon Favreau & Kenneth Branagh to do projects for their universe; they brought their particular strengths to their films, yet also managed to honour the particular tone & aesthetic MS has created.

Maybe in the end, they realized Edgar Wright was going to make a film that was too Edgar Wright and not Marvel enough. And Edgar Wright decided he couldn't compromise enough to suit Marvel's needs for universe building.

lol you must have wrote this while i was writing my post. anyhow you probably said it better than my condensed cellphone typing post.

Golgo13
Looks like Adam McKay dropped out.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57240914/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t2

roughrider
I bet this gets pushed back to it's original release date of November 2015.

pym-ftw
Any word on an Antman comic? I can't imagine them making a movie but not having either Pym or Lang appearing in a comic at all.

BruceSkywalker
Any word on an Antman comic? I can't imagine them making a movie but not having either Pym or Lang appearing in a comic at all.

talk to feige he knows everything big grin

Kazenji

I'm surprised that hey haven't started up another Ant-Man comic

most likely would get to 10 issues.

roughrider
Peyton Reed gets the directing gig. He was attached to directing Fantastic Four for a long time, before Tim Story got the job. He's adept at comedy-action.

http://collider.com/ant-man-peyton-reed-adam-mckay/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
Peyton Reed gets the directing gig. He was attached to directing Fantastic Four for a long time, before Tim Story got the job. He's adept at comedy-action.

http://collider.com/ant-man-peyton-reed-adam-mckay/

i hope the script is kick ass

pym-ftw
Eww the bring it on guy?

JayDaDon
Oh god were officially at the bottom of the barrel here.

pym-ftw
I mean this guy has only really directed Yes man & Bring it on as relevant movies. Wtf

roughrider

I'd say Tim Story's work on FF and Mark Steven Johnson's work on Ghost Rider was bottom of the barrel. The guy has been in the running for other Marvel projects, I think they know him.

Golgo13
Eww the bring it on guy?

That movie kicked ass! Eliza Dushknu FTW! stick out tongue

Inhuman

Well i been hearing rumors that Wright was/is bitter and may have had a hand in influencing others not to take the directing job.

pym-ftw
Joss didn't help matters either, even Gunn wasn't coming to Disneys defense.

Kazenji
Simon Pegg Weighs In On Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN Exit

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=101826

Kazenji
Villain update

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=102192

pym-ftw
eww on the choices, when this movie fails i better not see a bunch of sh*t about how no one cares about Pym...

Kazenji
The villains can work

no one knew who the **** Iron Monger was before hand.

pym-ftw
Crossfire is a Bullseye minus the coolness... i mean jeez why not go with a flashier villain to at least make people care like Radioactive man or Klaw

Inhuman
Marvel Unveils ANT-MAN Concept Art Poster

http://i.imgur.com/mNM1FOz.jpg

BruceSkywalker
interesting

Firefly218
That's some damn cool art

Kazenji
Evangeline lilly will be Hope Pym

Corey Stoll will play the villain Yellowjacket (Aka Darren Cross)

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/corey-stoll-evangeline-lilly-join-ant-man-1201269702/

don't know why Darren Cross will be Yellowjacket.

CyborgHolliday
Originally posted by Inhuman
Marvel Unveils ANT-MAN Concept Art Poster

http://i.imgur.com/mNM1FOz.jpg

You know what would be awesome? This movie being good.

pym-ftw
... I'm just about giving up on this, its fast approaching the new FF level of who gives a f*ck...

Kazenji
... I'm just about giving up on this, its fast approaching the new FF level of who gives a f*ck...

erm

pym-ftw
? What, this isnt even an antman movie anymore, its just labeled as such to make people feel like if you miss it it will affect your viewing pleasure during future movies. At this point I hope this movie is a massive failure so it doesn't effect the comics.

Bentley
Evangeline lilly will be Hope Pym

Corey Stoll will play the villain Yellowjacket (Aka Darren Cross)

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/corey-stoll-evangeline-lilly-join-ant-man-1201269702/

don't know why Darren Cross will be Yellowjacket.

Hope Pym?

ermm

Hope she becomes comicbook canon stick out tongue

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
Hope Pym?

ermm

Hope she becomes comicbook canon stick out tongue

She....already has been for quite a while

http://marvel.wikia.com/Hope_Pym_(Earth-982)

JayDaDon
Where the fluck is the Wasp!? I thought Evangeline was going to be her.

pym-ftw
Hope will probably be wasp.

SpaceMonkey
Good way to circumvent the fact that Pym was a wife-beating drunk. They may allude to it by saying Pym was a bad husband or something, but it is a better idea to not have to portray it in a movie from the MCU.

Inhuman
Isnt wife beating one of Pyms abilities?

first they take away him creating Ultron now this?

JayDaDon
Good way to circumvent the fact that Pym was a wife-beating drunk. They may allude to it by saying Pym was a bad husband or something, but it is a better idea to not have to portray it in a movie from the MCU.

The only thing they really had to do was not include it at all *shrug*

Kazenji
? What, this isnt even an antman movie anymore, its just labeled as such to make people feel like if you miss it it will affect your viewing pleasure during future movies. At this point I hope this movie is a massive failure so it doesn't effect the comics.

Why does it have to follow the same route as the comic?

its not like its Watchmen where they have to.

krisblaze
The whole wife-beating incident really isn't central to the character.

The whole inferiority thing doesn't work as well within the context of the movies.

pym-ftw
Id personally have skipped all his early showings and delved into Pym as the scientist supreme. Introduce Wasp who joins the Avengers snd you get Pym as a space character and possible weaponsmith for your guardians in later movies. You could have also had him hack Jarvis thus creating Ultron.

But alas we get resident evil level garbage where they just take characters names and do what ever the fuq they want.

Inhuman
In all seriousness , all these changes to the Antman history and such are all to blame on Edgar Wright.
If he wasn't involved from the start, the Antman wouldn't be absent so far from the Marvel cinematic universe.
His constant lagging and putting off this movie even making other movies instead Hurt pyms presence in the Avengers and MCU history.
Now Marvel has to fix parts of Wrights script because his movie was always going to be just a standalone movie with no connection to the MCU.

JayDaDon
Honestly Marvel gets a lot of the blame for the Pym debacle but I'm starting to think Wright being attatched to Ant-man so long is to blame. Joss Whedon has stated how much he loves the wasp and her and Pym were probably in the original plans but they probably didn't want to step on Wright's toes creatively. Fast forward to post Avengers/Winter soldier, they no longer give a phuck and stepped, causing Wright to leave.

pym-ftw
Whedon also said he only wanted Jan in the avengers.

I still can't believe they are doing a Scott Lang movie, can anyone tell me 1 important thing hes ever done that wasn't directly copied from Hank first?

Inhuman
Whedon also said he only wanted Jan in the avengers.

I still can't believe they are doing a Scott Lang movie, can anyone tell me 1 important thing hes ever done that wasn't directly copied from Hank first?

Again the scott lang and old pym thing is all Edgar wright.
Michael douglas and rudd had already been hired because thats the story wright wanted to do.
After he left Marvel was kind of forced to keep that aspect of the story because of the actors.

DARTH POWER
In that case they should have kept Wright. Either scrap his story entirely or go all out with him. But when you mix and match old directors with new them you get things like X-Men Last Stand happening.

pym-ftw
You could have kept Micheal Douglas as Pym, I'm sure he will be a diamond in this turd nugget movie.

Really though what piece of work is on Edgar Wright's resume that Marvel thought he should get a big budget for a clone of a C-list hero. It would have been like Tim Burton doing an Azreal movie instead of Batman.

Firefly218
You could have kept Micheal Douglas as Pym, I'm sure he will be a diamond in this turd nugget movie.

Really though what piece of work is on Edgar Wright's resume that Marvel thought he should get a big budget for a clone of a C-list hero. It would have been like Tim Burton doing an Azreal movie instead of Batman.
I think Marvel really loved Edgar Wright's script and his ideas. Edgar Wright may have sold Marvel execs on a Scott Lang centered story.

There hasn't been a bad Marvel movie yet. Hopefully that trend continues.

pym-ftw
???

Ironman 2 and arguably Cap 1

JayDaDon
Cap 1 was actually a pretty decent movie as a period piece. Cap 2 gave it a bit more watchability. Only dumb thing was no training sequences. If they threw that in there I would have had no problems with it.

Inhuman
I liked cap 1. I think the most impressive thing marvel did with cap 1 is make a pretty cheesy old fashioned character into a respectable hero. Mostly everything about comic cap was hard to translate into film. From his boyscout attitude, to his uniform, etc. Marvel did a great job bringing him to the big screen without altering him too much. Glad they didn't do some dumb sh1t like make him grim dark or give him an all black or grey uniform.

Ironman 2 and 3 were pretty bad though. Better than even shittier movies like green lantern or xmen3 but still not good

DARTH POWER
I know a lot of people who didn't like Cap 1 or TIH. But the most hate definitely goes to IM2 and IM3. Kind of strange considering he's Marvel studios poster boy.

I really hope IM4 goes back to the Awesomeness of IM1 though.

SpaceMonkey
Iron Man 3 is the only low point of the MCU so far. Everything else is either good, very good or great.

Firefly218
imo

Captain America 1, TIH, Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 were all pretty good.

I honestly enjoyed Iron Man 3. Hate it as much as you want, it's a well written, enjoyable flick. It does have some glaring flaws, but ultimately I left the theater entertained.

DARTH POWER
I personally didn't feel entertained by IM2 or IM3. And left the theatre really disappointed with both. I found CA1 to be pretty dull as well personally. It lacked any good and exciting action sequences.

I actually liked TIH though, but I know many people who hated it.

krisblaze
I never really liked any of the Marvel movie nor did I really abhor any of them, but CA 1 felt like a definite low-point.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I personally didn't feel entertained by IM2 or IM3. And left the theatre really disappointed with both. I found CA1 to be pretty dull as well personally. It lacked any good and exciting action sequences.

I actually liked TIH though, but I know many people who hated it.

I agree with you.

TIH was enjoyable where as CA, IM2 or IM3 did nothing for me.

Kazenji
Seriously is that all people want these days in movies non-stop action & screw the story

erm

DARTH POWER
Seriously is that all people want these days in movies non-stop action & screw the story

erm

"Not-Stop action & screw the story" is not exactly what I was getting at. In fact I hate films like that -Ahem TRANSFORMERS Ahem-

But I still do expect some cool action sequences in all of my comic book movies. Maybe that's just me.

krisblaze

erm
What?

If you want story then what the hell are you watching these shit movies for?

The Hulk only really had one big fight.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by krisblaze

Because Iron Man and The Avengers are arguably in the top 5 comic book movies of all time. And Thor and Captain America 2 will also go down as amongst the best.

Plus Marvel has been the most consistent in giving us quality. There's only been a couple of bad ones, and that's IMO. For a lot of people there hasn't been any bad ones.

Marvel is simply miles ahead of any other studio right now in terms of comic book movies, because they've proven themselves and so audiences trust them.

That's just fact. So get over it.

krisblaze

Kazenji
What?

Idiot.....

these movies do have stories, But from the sounds of things your expectations are through the roof.

krisblaze
Idiot.....

these movies do have stories, But from the sounds of things your expectations are through the roof.
What are you calling me idiot for?

These movies are based off of comics with great stories, and hardly any of them shine through.

Kazenji
What are you calling me idiot for?

When you said this towards me

just seems to me your expectations are through the roof

the movies do have decent stories, Better then some of the attempts they were trying years ago

But hey if you say they don't then i guess your right roll eyes (sarcastic)

krisblaze
just seems to me your expectations are through the roof

the movies do have decent stories, Better then some of the attempts they were trying years ago

But hey if you say they don't then i guess your right roll eyes (sarcastic)
I never said that they don't have stories, obviously any movie's going to have a story. I just don't see why you'd watch these movies for the story, when there are so many better movies out there.

Which of these movies' stories did you find so compelling?

Kazenji
I never said that they don't have stories, obviously any movie's going to have a story.

No shit....sherlock

you were saying that the stories in them are shit or are you changing your stance now, wanker.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>