Who's worse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
Radical fundamentalist muslims or radical fundamentalist christians?

Naib
it doesn't matter if you're a muslim or a christian...a fundamentalist are very bad people with self-indignant righteousness and that everyone outside of them are evil or are to be forced-converted.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus

Rug-kneelers are.

debbiejo
Radical fundamentalist muslims or radical fundamentalist christians? same in the world scope ..............

Robtard

Both are nuts, but R.F. Muslims are more likely to kill you, so I say they are, if only by a sleight margin.

Darth Kreiger
Fundamentalist Muslims have a tendancy to blow themselves up in your Bus.

Fundamentalist Christians have a tendancy to annoy you

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger

Fundamentalist Christians have a tendancy to annoy you

They also have a tendancy to murder doctors at abortion clinics.

Alliance
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Rug-kneelers are.

Racist. And I hope you're not Catholic...

Any radical fundamentalist is an assh0le.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alliance
Racist. And I hope you're not Catholic...

Racist how? We're talking religion, not race.

And yeah, I'm Catholic.

FeceMan
The worse ones are the ones who cause death.

Jim Reaper
They're both equally annoying, not to mention confused.

Alliance

And yeah, I'm Catholic.

Huh. Hope you don't kneel in church after that comment.

Quiero Mota
Huh. Hope you don't kneel in church after that comment.

That's exactly how they pray; they kneel on a nice little rug with their forehead touching the ground in the direction of Mecca.

So the term "rug-kneeler" isn't inaccurate in the least.

Alliance
It was said in a derrogatory manner. And one out of ignorance.

Darth Kreiger

Hey it's the PC Police!

Quiero Mota

Derrogatory or not, its accurate.

Hey it's the PC Police!

Yeah tell me about it.

Alliance
Hey it's the PC Police!

Hey, are you a bigot too? eek!

Derrogatory or not, its accurate.

Only to a bigot. Are you racist agaist all arabs then? Are they lesser people?

Gregory
Wow, it didn't take this thread terribly long to degenerate into flailing biggotry, did it?

Radical Muslims are worse; you can talk about abortion clinic bombings, but that's pretty rare, as far as I know. They're more likely to respond to "attacks" on their religion by shrieking about it than by burning emasies. And even most fundamentalists usually don't actually advocate executing homosexuals.

Darth Kreiger
Hey, are you a bigot too? eek!

Problems with you PC people, you can't take any damn thing that is deemed "Offencive".

Quiero Mota

^ What the f**k?

Number One: The term is religious in nature (ie: not racial), and refers to all Muslims regardless of skin color.

Number Two: I'm Mexican; why the Hell would I have anything against Arabs??? That's easily the most absurd question anyone has ever asked me on KMC.

Problems with you PC people, you can't take any damn thing that is deemed "Offencive".

No shit.

FeceMan

Imperial_Samura
^ What the f**k?

Number One: The term is religious in nature (ie: not racial), and refers to all Muslims regardless of skin color.

Naturally then the term "Mackerel Snapper" was appropriate for Catholics prior to the Vatican II decision as it was based upon a prejudsiced view of a religious practice - on the subject of Friday avoidance of red meat?

After all, even though it was said in a derogative fashion and based upon limited understanding behind the actual practice it was still fair and right to use... correct?

As to the question - fundamentalism is fundamentalism and both are theoretically as bad. However there are a group of fundamentalist Muslims dedicated to actively bringing harm to those not of their faith (and those of their faith who don't support them.) But not all fundamentalist Muslims are equally as dangerous - the larger part of just opinionated bigots that preach against what they hate, much the same as fundamentalist Christians. And not all fundamentalist Christians are equally as dangerous - there are the simple hate preachers, then there is the rarer, more violent type.

As Feceman said - the worst fundamentalists are the ones who cause death: be they Muslim or Christian.

Alliance
^ What the f**k?

Oh...so you're 655,000 Americans are more valuable than 655,000 Iraqis. Thats a clear statement against nationality and race. Combined with you're derogatory comments about Islam. Its not hard to put two and two together.

Number Two: I'm Mexican; why the Hell would I have anything against Arabs???

Exactly the question I asked myself. But then again, being a minority, why would you have anything against homosexuals, or Islam, or Iraquis?

No shit.

There is a difference between criticising (which is not a problem) and calling names. Calling Muslims "rug-kneelers" or "towel heads" is unnecessary and ignorant.

Quiero Mota
Oh...so you're 655,000 Americans are more valuable than 655,000 Iraqis. Thats a clear statement against nationality and race. Combined with you're derogatory comments about Islam. Its not hard to put two and two together.

No, it's a statment for nation, and has absolutely nothing to do with race. I support U.S. troops in any situation even I myself am opposed the conflict in question (in this case, Iraqi Freedom). If this was 1942, then I'd say that I'd rather have 655,000 German and Japanese soldiers dead than American. My second oldest son is a Marine, so my support for the US Armed Forces is especially high right now.

Exactly the question I asked myself. But then again, being a minority, why would you have anything against homosexuals, or Islam, or Iraquis?

I don't.

Calling Muslims "rug-kneelers" or "towel heads" is unnecessary and ignorant.

The latter of those two words is directed specifically at Arabs, I never said that. However rug-kneelers applies to all Muslims, and it's self-explanatory. No sense in whining over some word if it's true.

Are you Muslim? And if not, why are you throwing a hissy-fit?

Ushgarak
Ok, let's not get side-tracked here.

The basic answer- that both are as bad as each other- is true. But as of this point in history, sad truth is that Islam produces a lot more fundamentalists.

Storm
Wherever it may be found in the world, fundamentalism is ugly.

Alliance
No, it's a statment for nation, and has absolutely nothing to do with race. I support U.S. troops in any situation even I myself am opposed the conflict in question (in this case, Iraqi Freedom). If this was 1942, then I'd say that I'd rather have 655,000 German and Japanese soldiers dead than American. My second oldest son is a Marine, so my support for the US Armed Forces is especially high right now.

See, this might at least makes sense if the US was actually at war with Iraq. My support for the US Armed Forces is always high, but a persons worth is not determined by their nationality.

The latter of those two words is directed specifically at Arabs, I never said that. However rug-kneelers applies to all Muslims, and it's self-explanatory. No sense in whining over some word if it's true.

Are you Muslim? And if not, why are you throwing a hissy-fit?

So I can call you a "wetback" because at any point you might happen to be sweating? I don't think so.

I attack you positions because I attack what I see as blatant bigotry.

Originally posted by Ushgarak
The basic answer- that both are as bad as each other- is true. But as of this point in history, sad truth is that Islam produces a lot more fundamentalists.
Originally posted by Storm
Wherever it may be found in the world, fundamentalism is ugly.
Originally posted by FeceMan
Any radical fundamentalist is an assh0le.

CONSENSUS!

debbiejo
Radical fundamentalist muslims or radical fundamentalist christians? Ignorance is worse........where ever you might find it.

Alliance
Isn't ignorance an innate part of fundamentalism

debbiejo
Yes it is along with Muslims..........Lets make them move in together and duke it out.

Alliance
Fundamentalism=Ignorance.

debbiejo
Anyone who doesn't look into where their belief came from is ignorant......and yes fundamentals are in the front of the line screaming YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!! They also yell....don't read anything outside the church approved books cause if you do IT IS SATAN that is speaking and we all know his tricky ways.......WAIT IT OUT ...JESUS IS COMING..

OHHHHHH and dip into your pockets for a LOVE GIFT/offereing...............oh brother.

Quiero Mota
So I can call you a "wetback" because at any point you might happen to be sweating? I don't think so.

Not unless you want a good ass-beating.

Besides, what I said was religous and you seem to think it was racial. (big difference)

I attack you positions because I attack what I see as blatant bigotry.

Yeah, even though you're wrong.

And you still haven't answered my question as to whether you're Muslim or not.

Alliance
Not unless you want a good ass-beating.
Thats what I thought. Why don't you extend the same priveledge to others?
Besides, what I said was religous and you seem to think it was racial. (big difference)
Discrimination is descrimination no matter what you attack. This type of attack aplies to race, religion, sex, and sexuality. They are all equal in this sense.
Yeah, even though you're wrong.

And you still haven't answered my question as to whether you're Muslim or not.
You're not displaying bigotry? Hmm. Do I need to define it?

It doesn't matter or not whether I'm a Muslim. I'm not. Why does this matter?

Adam_PoE

This is the equivalent of asking which bowel movement smells worse than another. Ultimately, both stink so what does it matter?

Quiero Mota
Thats what I thought. Why don't you extend the same priveledge to others?

Discrimination is descrimination no matter what you attack. This type of attack aplies to race, religion, sex, and sexuality. They are all equal in this sense.

You're not displaying bigotry? Hmm. Do I need to define it?

It doesn't matter or not whether I'm a Muslim. I'm not. Why does this matter?

You can diss my religion all you want, but if you diss La Raza then you and I are gonna have a real problem, ese.

I asked if you're a Muslim, because it makes no sense to take something personal that doesn't apply to you.

Alliance
You can diss my religion all you want, but if you diss La Raza then you and I are gonna have a real problem, ese.

I asked if you're a Muslim, because it makes no sense to take something personal that doesn't apply to you.

I take a stand because its unfair and I believe racism is innately wrong.

I stand up against all racism. You would take offense if someone insulted your race, yet you can't respect the race of others.

Quiero Mota
I take a stand because its unfair and I believe racism is innately wrong.

I stand up against all racism. You would take offense if someone insulted your race, yet you can't respect the race of others.

I used a slang term for a RELIGION, not a race. You can't seem to understand that for some reason.

Lord Urizen

And yeah, I'm Catholic.

All ya Mexicans are Catholic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by FeceMan

What about Suffering ?

FYI- Collectively more people have been killed in the name of Christ than in the name of Allah throughout Theological History...

Lord Urizen

LA RAZA SUCKS ! stick out tongue

Alliance
I used a slang term for a RELIGION, not a race. You can't seem to understand that for some reason.

No, I'm sorry I don't know every piece of slang in a second language.

When I hear La Raza, I think of the Hispanic civil rights group, hence my interpretation of race.

Imperial_Samura

Actually I think it is you that are failing to understand his point.

A word can be connotative or denotative - sometimes both.

Muslim is pretty much denotative - it is merely saying what it is. It defines.

Rug Kneeler is connotative. The fact it is longer then Muslim, and concentrates of an Islamic faith act rather then the religion as a whole defines that innitially. Usually such connotative names for something of this nature are synonymous with derogative thinking.

Slang can often be derogative. A slang word for a race can be percieved as racist. A slang term for a religion or gender or sexual orientation or social group or culture can be equally as discriminatory in the eyes of the people you are applying to.

You see it is definition - discrimination is not reserved to race. The term you were using in regards to Muslims might be aimed at their religion but that doesn't take away from the fact it can be misconstrued. There was no reason to say "Rug Kneeler" was there? Why not say Muslim? What logic was behind your choice to use that term?

And you do realise that a Muslim is a follower of Islam, but that many Muslims see Muslim as a race as well? Just as Jews are boths a racial group and a religious group? You might disagree but then you aren't they.

A person doesn't have to be of a group or race to care. If that was so black people would still be slaves - I can see you asking the abolitionists "You aren't black, why are you taking slavery so personal."

And are you saying that if you aren't Muslim you are only allowed to potentially insult them, not defend them?

Nellinator
The intent is what was important. I think this is being blown out of proportion. He shouldn't have used slang. But, he did, now we should all move on.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Nellinator
The intent is what was important. I think this is being blown out of proportion. He shouldn't have used slang. But, he did, now we should all move on.

Perhaps, just explaining why it can easily be seen as bad, and why the defense: "It is just slang about religion. why do you care" is no defense.

And technically in law ignorance is never a defense.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Perhaps, just explaining why it can easily be seen as bad, and why the defense: "It is just slang about religion. why do you care" is no defense.

And technically in law ignorance is never a defense.
True, but do you think you could forgive him? I think forgiveness has been lacking in America for a long time.

Alliance
Does racism deserve forgiveness?

Nellinator
Does racism deserve forgiveness?
If he didn't intend it as racism then yes.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Nellinator
True, but do you think you could forgive him? I think forgiveness has been lacking in America for a long time.

I'm Australian. And by rights shouldn't a person ask for forgiveness and be regretful?

And besides I was explaining what he had done, I wasn't even thinking about forgiveness.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I'm Australian. And by rights shouldn't a person ask for forgiveness and be regretful?

And besides I was explaining what he had done, I wasn't even thinking about forgiveness.
I'm Canadian and its lacking here too. However, they don't need to ask for forgiveness, but sometimes it makes it easier to forgive.
I'm just hoping we can drop the subject though because its pointless.

Alliance
I don't know. It doesn't seem pointless to me.

Someone who thinks that Americans have more innate worth than Iraqis has some international issues to work out. Not to mention the religious intolerance.

I think forgiveness is a good thing, but I don't really see anything worth forgiving. I believe in responsibility for your actions. SHouldn't you forgive corrected error? Not holding ones past mistakes against them is worthy of forgiveness, but forgiveniss is not granted to those who continually make the same mistake over and over again.

I think Americans in general need to be more accepting of opinons that differ from their own. I feel some of Quiero's comments exempleyfy that perfectly. However, that is seeking tolerance. A range of acceptable views (preferably a narrow one).

However, when it comes to the xenophobia sweeping the US and Europe, I believe I have every right to fight it.

I think, Nellinator, that you're interpreting this as a bigger deal than it really is. I personally like Quiero, I just am shocked that he holds this opinion.

Nellinator
I don't know. It doesn't seem pointless to me.

Someone who thinks that Americans have more innate worth than Iraqis has some international issues to work out. Not to mention the religious intolerance.

I think forgiveness is a good thing, but I don't really see anything worth forgiving. I believe in responsibility for your actions. SHouldn't you forgive corrected error? Not holding ones past mistakes against them is worthy of forgiveness, but forgiveniss is not granted to those who continually make the same mistake over and over again.

I think Americans in general need to be more accepting of opinons that differ from their own. I feel some of Quiero's comments exempleyfy that perfectly. However, that is seeking tolerance. A range of acceptable views (preferably a narrow one).

However, when it comes to the xenophobia sweeping the US and Europe, I believe I have every right to fight it.

I think, Nellinator, that you're interpreting this as a bigger deal than it really is. I personally like Quiero, I just am shocked that he holds this opinion.
Ok then. I'll leave it to you guys then.

Quiero Mota
, that you're interpreting this as a bigger deal than it really is. I personally like Quiero, I just am shocked that he holds this opinion.

What opinion? Using a word that literally describes a daily in act in a specific religion doesn't demonstrate any opnion of mine.

Alliance
And I made the same point with the term "wetback." Its a term that can accurately describe the physical moistness of one's back.

However, the term is used as a derrogatory comment, which makes it inapporpriate.

lil bitchiness
a) Fundamentalism is is just as bad and annoying on both sides Islam or Christianity, or Judaism, but as Ush mentioned, today Islam produces more of such than Christianity or Judaism.

b) Religion is not a 'race'. Get over it. They are ideologies which rightly deserve cristisism as much as communism, fasism, Buddhism and any other philosophy/ideology does. Religion does not define nationality.

Second, there are plenty Arabs who are Christians. So...Arab argument, you can forget now.

Alliance
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
b) Religion is not a 'race'. Get over it. They are ideologies which rightly deserve cristisism as much as communism, fasism, Buddhism and any other philosophy/ideology does. Religion does not define nationality.

Yes, but saying that Americans are innately more valuable than Iraqis is racism. And calling Muslims 'rug-kneelers" is derrogatory and uncalled for.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Second, there are plenty Arabs who are Christians. So...Arab argument, you can forget now.

Darth Jello
radical muslims will kill you in a loud and frightening way. radical christians will monkey with the government until they kill you in a quiet and systematic way.

Like in the end, there's no big difference between bombs and cattle cars.

Amy Lynn Lee

As Rosie O'Donnell said on The View, 'Radical Christianity is just as dangerous as radical Islam'.

That pretty much sums it up. wink

lord xyz
Radical fundamentalist muslims or radical fundamentalist christians? They're equally bad. All or most of the things muslims fight for, christians feel the same way.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Amy Lynn Lee
As Rosie O'Donnell said on The View, 'Radical Christianity is just as dangerous as radical Islam'.

That pretty much sums it up. wink
I'm glad we're taking Rosie O'Dyke's opinions as being anything but fat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.