Coolest NBA Nickname?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Need I say more?

RecSpecs110
Air Canada, K-Mart, and The Matrix are my favs.

kobe? laughing

master skyler
idk why i said vincanity, it just sounds cool.

Quiero Mota
Why the Hell isn't "Magic" Johnson on that list?? What the f**k?

RecSpecs110
b/c, there are too many nicknames in basktball to list everybody. to me, "magic" isn't a really orginal nickname, it's generic.

"Air Canada" and "K-mart" are more like it.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Why the Hell isn't "Magic" Johnson on that list?? What the f**k? Hang on grumpy. This is modern catz. My new thread tommorow will have old school catz inz them you dig?

master skyler
Yeah, I also like K-Mart. Magic isn't really his nickname now, everybody calls him by it like it is his real name.

Myth
I chose King James. His nickname is KING for Christ sake. Thats a powerful title. Round Mound of Rebound is my fav btw. And Kobe's nickname is Mamba in case you didn't know.

master skyler
Yep Myth it is, but I thought he had another one that he wasnt well know by. Thought.

Myth
When Ruben Patterson was a Blazer, my friend and I always loved pretending to be an NBA announcer and saying, "At Small Forward, standing at 6 foot 5, hailing in from Cincinnati.... RRRRRRRUUUBEN..... The RRRRRRRRAAAPIST..... PATTERSON!"

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by Myth
I chose King James. His nickname is KING for Christ sake. Thats a powerful title. Round Mound of Rebound is my fav btw. And Kobe's nickname is Mamba in case you didn't know.

true, but i prefer nicknames that have a perfect fit for the players. nicknames like "magic" or "king" or "the answer" really don't define the player. "Air Canada" on the other hand derives from Air Canada Centre and Vince Carter being a toronto raptor with tremendous ups. See how the name fits perfectly and uniquely? And "K-mart" the chain of superstores, is short for K enyon Mart in.

wuTa
I've always been a fan Bill "Dipshit" Walton or Bill "Dumbass" Walton.

Myth
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
true, but i prefer nicknames that have a perfect fit for the players. nicknames like "magic" or "king" or "the answer" really don't define the player. "Air Canada" on the other hand derives from Air Canada Centre and Vince Carter being a toronto raptor with tremendous ups. See how the name fits perfectly and uniquely? And "K-mart" the chain of superstores, is short for K enyon Mart in.

laughing

Lord Evolution
Tmackin It smile

RZA
the Admiral
the Mailman
the Dream
the Glyde
the Ice Man
the Mountain Man
the Round Mound of Rebound
the Rainman or the Manimal
the Human Highlight film
the Pearl
the Big Ticket
the Jet
the Microwave
the General
the Ukraine Train
the Worm
the Glove
the Dunking Dutchman
the Boston Strangler
the Chief
the Hammer
the Rifleman
the Plastic Man
the Croatian Sensation
the Cat
the Rock

Kenny 'Sky' Walker <- just had to throw that one in there

Myth
Robert "Tractor" Trailor!

Nicknames that should be:
Tracy "Lazy Eye" McGrady
"Officer" Greg Ostertag
Ha "Shouldn't be in the NBA" Seung-Jin
"The Cave Man" - Charlie Villanueva
and last but not least.....
THE BIG QUIT - Vince Carter

RecSpecs110
Robert "Tractor" Trailor!

Nicknames that should be:
Tracy "Lazy Eye" McGrady
"Officer" Greg Ostertag
Ha "Shouldn't be in the NBA" Seung-Jin
"The Cave Man" - Charlie Villanueva
and last but not least.....
THE BIG QUIT - Vince Carter

laughing very clever myth. even i laughed at the vince carter remark. yeah, tractor trailer should be up there, but Ha Seung-Jin hasn't fully developed in the nba. give him a little break, at least until they let him play some more minutes. instead, it should be Jason "Shouldn't be in the nba" Collins. he's a friggen starter, and he's slower than a snail.

Myth
laughing very clever myth. even i laughed at the vince carter remark. yeah, tractor trailer should be up there, but Ha Seung-Jin hasn't fully developed in the nba. give him a little break, at least until they let him play some more minutes. instead, it should be Jason "Shouldn't be in the nba" Collins. he's a friggen starter, and he's slower than a snail.

I'm glad you found humor in that.

I think you missed my speel(sp?) on Ha from a while back. Not many have actually got to see him play since Blazer games are rarely brodcasted to areas other than Oregon. Since I have watched him play about 10 times or so live as well as many games on TV, I have decided that he should in no way be in the NBA. Many people "haven't fully developed" in the NBA, but Ha will never at the rate he is going. He is only on a squad because of his height. Usually, "projects" should be large AND show some sort of promise. He has ZERO footwork on both offense and defense. He just slaps people as they drive by him. Though my biggest complaint about him is how he is physically incapable of catching a ball. Time after time when a Blazer drives into the lane, the defense collapses and the ball is simply dropped into Ha's hands. What does Ha do? He beats the ball around between his palms like he is a cat with a ball of yarn until he fumbles it out of bounds. It has been so bad that I have called it before it happened on several occasions. In the past Blazer fans would have been pissed to have somebody so terrible on their team, but its almost like the Blazers became so boring that the entertainment was how bad Ha is. People root and cheer for him, but it comes across as a sarcastic joke.

Pretty much this sums up Blazer fans cheering for Ha:
"Hey everybody. Lets go watch the sideshow freak try to catch a ball. It will be fun!"

Cooper Klan Kid
mean, but totally true
to me (only cuz im a kings fan)
i like when they say bibbalicious

RecSpecs110
I'm glad you found humor in that.

I think you missed my speel(sp?) on Ha from a while back. Not many have actually got to see him play since Blazer games are rarely brodcasted to areas other than Oregon. Since I have watched him play about 10 times or so live as well as many games on TV, I have decided that he should in no way be in the NBA. Many people "haven't fully developed" in the NBA, but Ha will never at the rate he is going. He is only on a squad because of his height. Usually, "projects" should be large AND show some sort of promise. He has ZERO footwork on both offense and defense. He just slaps people as they drive by him. Though my biggest complaint about him is how he is physically incapable of catching a ball. Time after time when a Blazer drives into the lane, the defense collapses and the ball is simply dropped into Ha's hands. What does Ha do? He beats the ball around between his palms like he is a cat with a ball of yarn until he fumbles it out of bounds. It has been so bad that I have called it before it happened on several occasions. In the past Blazer fans would have been pissed to have somebody so terrible on their team, but its almost like the Blazers became so boring that the entertainment was how bad Ha is. People root and cheer for him, but it comes across as a sarcastic joke.

Pretty much this sums up Blazer fans cheering for Ha:
"Hey everybody. Lets go watch the sideshow freak try to catch a ball. It will be fun!"

OMG that description of Ha so reminds me of Collins, because that's exactly what Collins does. he has NO footwork, just a big body, and he couldn't handle the ball if his life depended on it.

if Ha is that bad, than he's not so much of a good comparison to Yao Ming as people say.

Myth
He's tall and he is Asian. Thats about it.

Cooper Klan Kid
he isnt
its just cuz hes japanese or chinese or whatever and he is tall as hell

Cooper Klan Kid
my bad accidentaly double posted

Myth
I believe he is Korean.

Cooper Klan Kid
what's the difference?
i mean really?

DanZeke25
There is a guy in the NBA named Ha? laughing laughing laughing

Lord Evolution
laughing

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by Cooper Klan Kid
what's the difference?
i mean really?

Ok, you did not just say that in front of me. That's a total disrespect to me and my Korean heritage and Asians in general. Maybe next time, learn that are more than just Chinese and Japanese people among what you broadly call "Asians." There are Vietnamese, Filipino, Thai, and Taiwanese, just to name a few.

What's the difference? Man, the ignorance and obliviousness of some people to think that there is nothing wrong with saying such crap. FYI, it hurts when people say these things.

And as for Ha, yeah he's Korean.

Myth
Originally posted by DanZeke25
There is a guy in the NBA named Ha? laughing laughing laughing

Ha Ha Ha Ha. There is a guy named Ha. Ha Ha HA HA.

laughing wink

Cooper Klan Kid
Ok, you did not just say that in front of me. That's a total disrespect to me and my Korean heritage and Asians in general. Maybe next time, learn that are more than just Chinese and Japanese people among what you broadly call "Asians." There are Vietnamese, Filipino, Thai, and Taiwanese, just to name a few.

What's the difference? Man, the ignorance and obliviousness of some people to think that there is nothing wrong with saying such crap. FYI, it hurts when people say these things.

And as for Ha, yeah he's Korean.
dang. my bad. sad

Lord Evolution
Ha Ha Ha Ha. There is a guy named Ha. Ha Ha HA HA.

laughing wink

laughing = ha

ha ha ha ha

Cooper Klan Kid
wat up with you guys and the smilies?
yes ha is a funny name, but is it really that funny?

Myth
Its offseason. We're bored.

RecSpecs110
guess it's funny enough to take up a whole page laughing at his name.

RecSpecs110
Its offseason. We're bored.

Preseason, my friend. And next week, real season. Are you guys syked or what?! I know I am.

5 days to go.

Myth
Preseason, my friend. And next week, real season. Are you guys syked or what?! I know I am.

5 days to go.

Same diff. Nothing that happens now matters.

And I am f*cking pumped!

Cooper Klan Kid
guess it's funny enough to take up a whole page laughing at his name.
i guess it is laughing Happy Dance

RecSpecs110
2 days till the season tips off! which opening game are you guys looking forward to most? mine is spurs vs. mavs.

Cooper Klan Kid
i want to see the kings
even if they dont have bibby

RecSpecs110
It's not till like February or something, but I want to see Ben Wallace's return to the Palace. That's going to be raucous.

Cooper Klan Kid
^^^what does raucous mean?

RecSpecs110
Basically crazy

Cooper Klan Kid
oh

Jim Reaper
Vinny "The Microwave" Johnson, Kenny "Sky" Walker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.