Sagat vs. Ryu [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Ashtar
Current Ryu and Current Sagat are ranked in the same tier, who will win their destine battle?

The-Judge
ryu. he is the main character

shin_remy
i really can't tell

Sam Z
Originally posted by The-Judge
ryu. he is the main character
That's fair...

Remulous
OOOOO...this is a good fight,but i dont know,if they both have been training the same since SF2 then most likely sagat.

shin_remy
yeah Sagat has been training, and he still does!!

but like Ryu now on this moment, i don't know what lvl he is on this moment, since he is training under Oro

And Sagat who is training to ALL those time, i don't know his is lvl too on this moment

i think they are both very powerfull!! Sagat was always the stronger one.

i believe that Sagat is stronger

Tha C-Master
Gameplay wise: Sagat is a top tier character with his reach, priority, and variety of specials.

Storyline wise: Most likely Ryu.

Hoshi
after all , ryu is training with oro , one of the strongest sf characters , sagat is training hard, but ryu has the "better master " advantage

shin_remy
true true

hoshi has right, he becomes very powerful with Oro as master, but it depends when they fight. if they fight one year after 3s i think sagat wins, but if it is 5 to 10 years after 3s i think Ryu wins. and also that Ryu is younger and smaller then Sagat so Ryu will be faster wink

Swe_Bum
Ryu will obviously take this smile

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Current Ryu and Current Sagat are ranked in the same tier, who will win their destine battle? 3rd strike ryu vs what sagat?

I cant think of any incarnation that matches 3s ryu

Blanka
probaly ryu

Remulous
this is why capcom needs 2 continue sf series,sagat may b able 2 defeat him if hes continueing his training.hes always been stronger than ryu

shin_remy
Sagat was always been stronger then Ryu and he has been training all those time. we haven't seen his latest incarnation( sf 3 )

and now we don't see the last incarnation of Ryu

But i believe that Ryu CAN win now he has one of the most powerfullst people in the Sf universe as trainer.

but it will stil be a fight and i believe that Ryu still has a lot training to do before he can beat Sagat

Remulous
true,maybe thats what SF4 ryu story should be about,the battle against sagat and akuma,but still every thing u say about ryu could apply to sagat as well

JohnnyDo3
Sagat would lose but Sagat is still the big bad ass

TricksterPriest
Eternal rivals, and two of the greatest fighters in SF history.

The time has come for the showdown.

Sagat may not be out for blood any longer, but that doesn't mean he won't go all out against Ryu. Sagat swore not to challenge Ryu until Ryu had purified himself. That day has come. Ryu has come forth and challenged Sagat to settle all debts.

Sagat: SFA3 moveset. Ryu: SF3 moveset. (Not trained by Oro)

Ready....., FIGHT!

TricksterPriest
You'd think a thread like this one would get some attention. I'm going to bump it and see what happens.

I personally think Sagat has got this one. I said SFA3 moveset, but let's assume Sagat is where he'd be in SF3. I still don't know why they didn't put him in.....

Anyway, Sagat is not only one of the 4 devas of Shadoloo, he's also one of the toughest fighters in existence. Gameplaywise, Sagat is insane. Considered #2 in CVS, high tier in SFA, the guy has absurd normal priority.

Storywise, we don't know. Sagat not being in SF3 means we can't be sure how strong he is. However, he has been training the entire time, and he did beat Ryu while Ryu was under the influence of psycho power. It's a safe bet he hasn't been slacking off.

Kaled
yeah werid that no expression

tch, .... difficult very difficult. i say double OK but since i've been bias against Ryu i'l vote he wins, but double OK as a guess, i don't believe it can be clearly judged though

TricksterPriest
It's a good fight. I voted Sagat cause I made a bet with P-Geyser. But double KO is probably what would happen. Like I said, Sagat should have been in SF3. Instead of punks like Twelve and Gill. mad

Kaled
dam right!
i mean what happened?? once eveerything was awesome and the next thing is...cry it got nubbed down

TricksterPriest
To their credit, some of the new guys were cool, like Dudley, Oro and Urien. In fact, only a few were really bad, like Makoto and Ibuki. Gill is just gay. I can't stand him. He's rigged to the point of having SNK boss syndrome.

Kaled
yeah agreed 100% i don't know anyone who dares to think differently either

TricksterPriest
It's weird. Cause for the same reasons I hate Gill, I like Urien. Maybe it's because he's not as cheap and because his moves are cool. Or because he's not a self-righteous bastard like Gill. I really like Dudley too. He represents the sport and science of boxing extremely well. And unlike Balrog, he's a gentleman fighter and not a scary looking psycho ala mike tyson.

Remulous
It's a draw.

Joker1237
Sagat SHOULD have won the first fight. But Ryu pull a cheap shot on Sagat to win that fight.

TricksterPriest
Probably true. But Sagat decided to bury the hatchet when he found out. So there's no more bad blood.

Joker1237
Sagat was upset, but he got over it. Sagat had Ryu beating and down. When Saget felt he won, he held his hand out, to help Ryu back to his feet. Ryu than pull of the Dragon Punch and history was made.

As I said, Cheap shot. Sagat had his way with Ryu. After burying the Hatchet, both have decided to train and become great warriors for there plan rematch. Both has of now, have high respect for each other. Now only if they come out with a Street Fighter 4 lol.

Blanka
Originally posted by Remulous
It's a draw.

TricksterPriest
Gameplaywise, with CVS2 as a base, Sagat wins 6-7/10. Sagat is just that good in CVS2.

Emperor Ashtar
I made a sagat vs ryu thread already, we should merge them.

Emperor Ashtar
Bump

TricksterPriest
Just pm lana and ask her to merge the threads.

Emperor Ashtar
Okay, I will.

Emperor Ashtar
Sagat should be stronger than ryu, he's older, has the same drive, and was more skilled previously.

joesha28
Storywise, sagat and Ryu are on par now. Ryu with more potential tho.

joesha28
I always see Sagat having slight edge over Ryu.

Inedian
Ryu has far greater power in him than Sagat.

cdtm
Sagat wins, with ease. Most powerful Street Fighter besides Chun Li, beate that nobody Akuma easily.

dvampire
Ain't m.bison more powerful than saga? Bison beat a group of street fighters, Ken among them, I doubt he's at ryu's level now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.