you smell funny/compass scene?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

je4evamor
I don't know if this has been posted before, my apologies if it has already been mentioned.

In the scene where Jack tells Elizabeth the story of the compass have you noticed his expressions/actions. "where does it point? It points to what you (looks at Elizabeth's lips)want most in this world. And what you want most (licks his lip) is to find....Will(or could it be our Jack).....
I've been watching this scene over and over on youtube and am I imagining this or did the person at youtube tweak it?

another song suggestion for sparrabeth-You'll be in my heart by Phil Collins-from Tarzan(I think) It talks about destiny and how we're apart but your still in my heart.

willofthewisp
No, you're just observant. There is a lot going on in that scene. Some people will tell you there is a lot of hidden stuff, but to put it in simplest terms, they're flirting with each other and they have no idea they're doing it.
Jack starts out trying to entice her, get her intrigued enough by the compass to agree to come along, and Liz gets sucked in because having a compass that points to something you want is a pretty cool little toy, but like you noticed, they're enjoying themselves a little too much. Unintentionally turning each other on and making each other happy.
Sigh. love

mmoviejunkie
may i have the link? i'd like to check it out

Mistypirate
That is one of my favorite parts of the movie. Like willoft said, there is a lot going on between those two. It's just amazing, the chemistry that is shown in that scene. Specially when Jack says,"It points to the thing you want most in the world" you can see how he moves his eyes on her. And then Liz says, "Ohh Jack" and she gives him a smile. Like if she knew he was referring to her.

je4evamor
I don't know the exact link but what I do is go to Youtube and type in Dead Man's Chest You Smell Funny.

mmoviejunkie
okay, thank you

PirateDiva
Ya and then when he asks her "Are you certain, Is that what you want most in this world?" she looks at him like are u questioning me?....her reaction came from true quilt and like he just stripped her bare and exposed her secret!!! and said "of course" just to defend herself!!

ivebeendepped43
im sure u guys have disscussed this already, but i just noticed that in the 1st movie Barbossa says "You can be the gentleman and shoot the lady and starve to death yourself!" when he says "shtto the lady" Jack's face like, scrunches, or kinda twitches which is definitley a sign of the J/L ending. yeah, im sure u've discussed it, but II just noticed that. im proud of me!

mmoviejunkie
yeah i noticed that, gosh what a scene...(piratediva)

ivebeendepped43
*dreams* Johnny, oh Johnny!

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
im sure u guys have disscussed this already, but i just noticed that in the 1st movie Barbossa says "You can be the gentleman and shoot the lady and starve to death yourself!" when he says "shtto the lady" Jack's face like, scrunches, or kinda twitches which is definitley a sign of the J/L ending. yeah, im sure u've discussed it, but II just noticed that. im proud of me!

yep i noticed that too!

ivebeendepped43
ok, last post on the "Johnny getting married thread" by Rouge7PW or w/e

lmao! i found this VERY funny. its just a typo, but i literally lol!

PirateDiva
Can u believe i got in troble for saying that the Kelly chic is stalking us...and i didnt see profanity...but i guess it offended ppl...sorry!!

LovelyOne
LOVE THAT SCENE!!

you see the way he looked at her lips when he says "it shows you what you want most in this world"..the camera zooms in and the music is emotional..he even stutters a bit on the words..big grin

lovethemtigers
YEAH...me too...this is my favorite scene...it's our first hint of what's brewing between jack and Liz....I love it when he looks at her when Norrie says "you don't actually believe him?"...I LOVE IT...and then she kind of smiles and says "how do we find it"...."with this, my compass...etc.'''' Their closeness in this scene is electrifying....

of course...w/e shippers says LIZ looks frustrated with Jack in this scene...ha ha ha ...I have no doubt that KEira intentionally had those giddy and happy looks on her face cuz her character is getting closer and closer to Johnny's character "it's great" I've heard her say many times....I have no doubt that if Keira has her way..we will get our J/L ending....

LovelyOne
even the "my compass?...is UNIQUE"

the way Liz looks at him as he says that LMAO..so may sexual innuendos in this move

lovethemtigers
I love it when he grabs her hands and puts the compass in them....them touching each other...that's hot.....I wonder what's running through Jack's mind...cuz we now know that he has been thinking an awful lot about her, that she has him vexed...he can't stay focused...he's attracted to her and at the same time angry at her....so I just wonder how he's feeling....it's so obvious how attracted he his to her....IMO

LovelyOne
I know^^ lol that moment when she shouts "JACK!" he looks scared like "WHOAH dont eat me"

willofthewisp
Just the way she gets all giggly, they're like two kids. He keeps showing off his unique compass (symbolism here?) and he's making it very dramatic, snapping shut the compass, actually putting it in her hands. He's showing off, unconsciously trying to impress her and she's eating it up like cake. Her eyes go wide and she does this little giggle that's really cute and asks him if he's telling the truth, and he's very gentle with her and says every word is true, even though he failed to mention he sold Will out. But he would never lie about the compass to her.

lovethemtigers
See...in Jack's crazy mind...he may not think he sold out Will....

yeah, he sent Will to find the key...but he couldn't just hand over the compass to Will...because he knows the compass is UNIQUE....

but at his point does he know who wants the compass?
Do you think he suspects Beckett?

He also knows that Davy will not accept Will as payment for Jack's soul...so Jack's probably thinking that "Will is safe and sound on the flying dutchman, where he and his father can reunite...

and keep him out of the way while he trys to find that Chest without Stupid bloody Will screwing things up for him.....

See this is all part of Jack's clever plans....where it looks like he's being manipulative but in the end is actually protecting everyone ....he knows you can't just kill the heart....you must first command Davy Jones to do what you want...then get rid of it somehow....

"Whoever possesses the chest has the leverage to command Davy Jones to do whatever he or she wants, including saving Brave William from his grim fate?"

"for if Davy Jones is dead than who is to call his terrible beastie off the hunt, eh?"

willofthewisp
That's what I think too, Lovethemtigers, is that Jack thought he was putting Will in a safe place with his dad for the time being. He didn't plan on leaving him on there forever I don't think. Jack's pretty protective of Will even though he doesn't like him. Nothing bad's happening to Will on his watch.

taurusbaby0509
Anyone notice Jack's face when Norrington says 'You actually believe him?" It's like Jack is trying to say "Please believe me. I loo like a sad puppy and I love you Lizzie!" haha It really is a pleading look though.

lovethemtigers
yep that's the look I refered to earlier on this same thread....about the look he gives Lizzie just after norrie says "you don't actually believe him, do you?"

taurusbaby0509
haha sorry I guess I didn't see it. I just watched the clip and saw it and thought I'd point it out. hehe

Swann&Sparrow
This is an early post of mine, I just wanted to repeat it. Perhaps no one heard me. It was refering to the widowed before the marrage theory.

Facinating about the whole widowed thing. I do think that Elizabeth was missing Jack, but mostly the adventure that he always dragged her into. I do think she loved him ever since he left, but she didn't realize it till he came BACK into her life in Tortuga. All the feelings were buried inside, and she was used to surpressing her true feelings.

She just accepted that Jack would never come back and she'd just have to marry Will and have a normal life. She didn't count on Jack being pushed back into her life, with Beckett and all, and then she ran into him in Tortuga. That was when she realized that she really did love him, but she kept it inside and forced herself to think that he'd just leave her again and she'd have to go back to Will.

You know that moment when he gave her the compass, I know she knew it was a compass but that look she had on her face. Didn't it look like she thought he was purposing to her? Lol, she's all speachless and it looks like she's convincing herself that it's just a compass.

Then she says, "Ohhh, Jack." Like she's deciding saying yes or no but she still has doubts whether it's a compass or not. Follow me? And with Jack saying all those things about what you want most in the world, it really does sound like he's proposing.

Mistypirate
And you know whats really funny When Jack says "It points to the thing you want most in the world" and looks at her, Liz says "Ohh Jack" as if she noticed what was going on with him. She then asks him "are you telling the truth?" as if she is asking him do you really want me? is it me that you really want? And then Jack says every word love. ok it sounded retarded confused big grin

Swann&Sparrow
Lmfao, I know. It's perfect

I really think that was the backdrop of the scene, they foreshadowed what Jack might do later on, fall inlove with Lizzie and propose to her...

Yeah, I hope that's what it meant...

evilm0nki3
I dont know if anyone said this, (i havent read it all sorry lol)

but when she said "All I want is to find will" he made a face like "why do you want him??" or "bah!" lol sumthing! then it looked like he realized she could use that to find the chest...

Is that obvious?

Im slow hehe

willofthewisp
Yeah, he cocks his head and makes a sound. I always thought of it as "yeah, yeah, I know, duh." And then he gets his idea. Remember he is trying to entice her to use the compass and have it find the chest. All the flirting is on the unconscious level. But it is funny, like he gets easily tired of Will as a subject.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.