Kit Fisto versus Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kas'Im
Takes place in the Tatooine Desert. Anything goes.

darth_fidelis
kit wins

darthsith19
Qui-Gon wins. What has Qui-Gon done? He was one of the strongest Jedi of his time, he was a legend, would have been a Council Member if it wern't for his defiance. He discovered how to become one with the Force. His saber skills rivaled those of Mace Windu's and he put up a pretty good fight against Darth Maul. What has Kit done? Won a battle at Mon Calamari due to the fact that the battle took palce underwater, got defeated by Asajj in a close one in The Cestus Deception and got pwnd by Sidious in 7 seconds even though he was fighting besides perhaps the best Jedi dueler in the order. Qui-Gon would have beaten TCD Asajj, even Obsession Asajj he'd give a run for her money, and he's have lasted at least twice as long as Kit did against Sidious.

Darth Kreiger
Qui-Gon owns him, Kit was moving really slow in ROTS, and he's fighting an Ataru user

Kas'Im
How was Kit moving slow? Pretty quickly actually once he starts dueling; he was moving the fastest out of all 4 jedi, even pulled off a pretty quick spin.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Kas'Im
How was Kit moving slow? Pretty quickly actually once he starts dueling; he was moving the fastest out of all 4 jedi, even pulled off a pretty quick spin.
Qui-Gon was faster, and Kit didn't do much, neither did the other 2

Kas'Im
I think it's pretty likely that Sidious pulled off something with the force that suppressed the jedi's ability; perhaps it was his scream at the start of their duel.

Escape81
I think it's pretty likely that Sidious pulled off something with the force that suppressed the jedi's ability; perhaps it was his scream at the start of their duel.

According to the script, novelization, and Lucas - it was just that Sidious pretty much owned them all in ability (except for Mace).

Kas'Im
Originally posted by Escape81
According to the script, novelization, and Lucas - it was just that Sidious pretty much owned them all in ability (except for Mace).

Could you provide a quote please, so I can best interpret what is stated.

Darth Subjekt
yea, he suppressed them all EXCEPT Mace..some force power that would be. It doesn't matter how you interrupt it, it matters how its written exactly.

Kas'Im
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
yea, he suppressed them all EXCEPT Mace..some force power that would be.

Mace was much better than the other jedi, if Sidious had pulled off a force attack, he wouldn't be quite affected in the same way.

Ever heard of a thing called context, moron.

darthsith19
Fastest of the four? Faster than Mace? Uh, no.

And I thought Sidious used a combination of Force Rage and Force Speed when he pwnd Agen, Seasee and, to a lesser degree, Kit, so quickly.

Kas'Im
Originally posted by darthsith19
Fastest of the four? Faster than Mace? Uh, no.

And I thought Sidious used a combination of Force Rage and Force Speed when he pwnd Agen, Seasee and, to a lesser degree, Kit, so quickly.

Mace was actually moving pretty slow, Agen and Saesee displayed worse reflexes than Mace or Kit did, Kit moves quickly, the quickest of all four jedi in my eyes, just look at how he pulls of this real quick spin.

And I agree about the force speed and possibly rage, but I think the 'hiss' served a purpose as well.

Escape81
Could you provide a quote please, so I can best interpret what is stated.

I'd recommend buying the Making of Revenge of the Sith book. It details most of everything regarding RotS. I read it, before.

Anyways:

The fight scene between Mace and Palpatine brought up a lot of questions and contradictions. Lucas was specifically questioned by the producers about the "easy deaths" of Mace's entourage. The question was:

"How come Mace brought the B-Team to arrest Sidious?"

Lucas's response:

"You need to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor."

Then factor in this:

- They were armed with the knowledge that he was a Sith Lord.
- They had their lightsabers out and ignited.
- Palpatine slowly stood up and ignited his lightsaber before tossing off a one-liner: "So it's treason then..."

As with his fight with Yoda, they simply got cocky, and paid the price. He didn't catch them off guard.

Kas'Im
I'd recommend buying the Making of Revenge of the Sith book. It details most of everything regarding RotS. I read it, before.

Anyways:

The fight scene between Mace and Palpatine brought up a lot of questions and contradictions. Lucas was specifically questioned by the producers about the "easy deaths" of Mace's entourage. The question was:

"How come Mace brought the B-Team to arrest Sidious?"

Lucas's response:

"You need to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor."

Then factor in this:

- They were armed with the knowledge that he was a Sith Lord.
- They had their lightsabers out and ignited.
- Palpatine slowly stood up and ignited his lightsaber before tossing off a one-liner: "So it's treason then..."

As with his fight with Yoda, they simply got cocky, and paid the price. He didn't catch them off guard.

However that doesn't mean that he didn't do anything tricky with the force or anything, I myself find it hard to believe that he would hiss for no apparent reason.

Escape81
However that doesn't mean that he didn't do anything tricky with the force or anything, I myself find it hard to believe that he would hiss for no apparent reason.

Then you and I got different impressions from the movie and that quote.

Lucas said, quite clearly, that you need to be Yoda or Mace to compete with Palpatine. Meaning the others are excluded as "competition" for Palpatine. That includes Tinn, Fisto, and Kolar.

He's just better than them. Especially when you factor in everything else.

There's been no comment on Palpatine's "hiss/scream". Hell, maybe Lucas put it in due to the same impression that I got when I watched the movie.

"Damn, that man is evil." and "Damn, somebody's gonna die."

Deus Venèficus

I still think that scene sucked... they could have done it much better...

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

darthsith19
No other Jedi can compete with Sidious. That's what Lucas says. This does not mean he didn't use any Force powers to take out Agen, Saesee and Kit quickly.

Escape81

Quinlan_Vos
The fight was made for entertainment. A lot of people want Yoda fighting again as the green fastass. They should have had a better Force fight in ROTS.

Kas'Im
Sure, it's to show he's evil, but it's not like Sidious is an animal or anything, it seems that the very least of the action was to inspire fear into their hearts or something.

Escape81
Sure, it's to show he's evil, but it's not like Sidious is an animal or anything, it seems that the very least of the action was to inspire fear into their hearts or something.

My personal feelings as a fan interpret Sidious's roar of rage to be him finally unleashing his aggression and his darkness out. The man's been locked in a facade of peace and tranquility for decades, and now is his chance to kick ass. It does seem to make him somewhat animalistic - an ironic contradiction to his regular level of sophistication - and to let the viewers know:

"This guy is the ultimate Star Wars villain. The ultimate evil."

There is no in-universe explanation for it. Considering how these Jedi have thrown themselves into battle before, at the risk of death, they don't strike me as the type to get scared easily.

Kas'Im
My personal feelings as a fan interpret Sidious's roar of rage to be him finally unleashing his aggression and his darkness out. The man's been locked in a facade of peace and tranquility for decades, and now is his chance to kick ass. It does seem to make him somewhat animalistic - an ironic contradiction to his regular level of sophistication - and to let the viewers know:

"This guy is the ultimate Star Wars villain. The ultimate evil."

There is no in-universe explanation for it. Considering how these Jedi have thrown themselves into battle before, at the risk of death, they don't strike me as the type to get scared easily.

lol, ok I'm not going to argue this, seems more logical.

Quinlan_Vos
That roar was surprising though. I agree with Darthsith, I believe he was using Force Rage along with his Jedi-hating anger. In addition, I think he was also using Master Speed with his jump otherwise there is no reason why Kolar couldn't block Sidious's stab.

MEDVOCK

kamikz
That Assaj almost defeated Mace Windu caught my eye, can somebody give me the describtion of that fight. I wanna read! eek!

Escape81
Medvock, Kit was certainly more skilled or - at least - better prepared than Tinn or Kolar, but he still lost. Mace and Sidious are quite a bit above him in power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.