Ryu Hayabusa vs Vega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Or Battle of the Izuna Drops.

As with Bison, Vega runs into Ryu. Only thing is, that it's not the Ryu that Bison is looking for. It's Ryu Hayabusa.

Inside a cage match, Vega is seething that the girls are swooning over Ryu instead of him (Ryu is unmasked).

Stage: Vega's SF2 Stage

Mr Dude
Vega wins. Vega has a claw. The other guy doesn't.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Mr Dude
Vega wins. Vega has a claw. The other guy doesn't.

You obviously have no idea who Ryu Hayabusa is. Vega is tough, I give him that, but against Mr. Modern Super Ninja Ryu Hayabusa he's toast.

PS - Ryu Hayabusa doesn't have a claw instead he has the True Dragon Sword, A strong bow, Shiruken, Exploding Shiruken, windmill shiruken, Nunhakus, Vigorian Flails, Rachel's Hammer, The Berserker sword(think of Cloud's Buster Sword), Lord Doku's soul absorbing sword, and last but certainly the most important Nimpo.

Ryu wins. Ryu has all of that. The other guy doesn't.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
You obviously have no idea who Ryu Hayabusa is. Vega is tough, I give him that, but against Mr. Modern Super Ninja Ryu Hayabusa he's toast.

PS - Ryu Hayabusa doesn't have a claw instead he has the True Dragon Sword, A strong bow, Shiruken, Exploding Shiruken, windmill shiruken, Nunhakus, Vigorian Flails, Rachel's Hammer, The Berserker sword(think of Cloud's Buster Sword), Lord Doku's soul absorbing sword, and last but certainly the most important Nimpo.

Ryu wins. Ryu has all of that. The other guy doesn't.

This is the DOA version of Hayabusa, not the Ninja Gaiden version.

Mr Dude
You obviously have no idea who Ryu Hayabusa is.
I saw the DOA movie.

Kaled
I saw the DOA movie.

ohh i am going to see that on sunday, it is any good?

Mr Dude
Originally posted by Kaled
ohh i am going to see that on sunday, it is any good?
I think so. It depends what you want. It does take a lot of liberties with the "official" story, but it captures a lot the "essense" of the games- it's colourful and fun and packed with over the top but bloodless action. Crucially, it's entertaining, and i'm glad i saw it. Also, you should check out the polygons on some of the ladies. eek!

Kaled
coolio then i'l keep to plan. Not really a ladies man, i just love watching movies

and i would predict Ryu wins, but thats a first glance guess i'm not really involed in this fight and my knowledge is lacking

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Major Snafu
This is the DOA version of Hayabusa, not the Ninja Gaiden version.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sadly Ryu still wins. He still has Nimpo in DOA(DOA4 ending) and he can teleport and has more options in his teleport than Kasumi.

Superboy Prime
I saw the DOA movie.

Ew.

No seriously

Ew.

Did you really see it?

Ew.

Ayane..not japanese...WTF?

Anyways Ew.

Mr Dude

Ayane..not japanese...WTF?

You should check out the imdb messageboard. Full of fanboys saying "Kasumi isn't supposed to wear trousers" and "Ayane is too white". It's still a decent movie. Also, it's got Eric Roberts of "Best of the Best" and "Less Than Perfect" fame in it. You can't argue with that.

Emperor Ashtar
Doa and ninja gaiden versions of ryu are the same.

Superboy Prime
Yeah, but I guess he was just trying to tone Ryu down, get what I mean?

Emperor Ashtar
Yeah, but I guess he was just trying to tone Ryu down, get what I mean? :

I don't see how, since ryu in DOA4 shoots kamehameha's

Superboy Prime
Well yeah...well at least he is not hell vent on taking revenge on those who destroyed his clan....well...curbstomp anyway you look at it.

TricksterPriest
Bah. I realize Ryu is probably the guy who would win the fight. But I don't have to like it. Vega is 10x the character he is.

Major Snafu
Thanks for clearing that up. Sadly Ryu still wins. He still has Nimpo in DOA(DOA4 ending) and he can teleport and has more options in his teleport than Kasumi.

Vega's backflip has invicibility frames, rendering him invunerable. I remember back in Alpha 3, you can backflip when Bison does the Psycho Drive Crusher and come out unharmed. So Hayabusa will have to try harder if his ninpo isn't effective.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Vega's backflip has invicibility frames, rendering him invunerable. I remember back in Alpha 3, you can backflip when Bison does the Psycho Drive Crusher and come out unharmed. So Hayabusa will have to try harder if his ninpo isn't effective.

Are we seriously going by gamepaly? Because Hayabusa is "Mega-Broken" in DOA 4. Under certain sitpulations, he can perfom an unbreakable slam I.E. Inzuna Otoshi, Which Takes 150 points of damage. That's more than a grappler.

Superboy Prime
Ryu's sweet in 4. His setups are just superb. Only Ayane comes close to have his setups.But I didn't like him much in the previous games because of his stupid handstand/breakdancing moves.

Emperor Ashtar
Ryu's sweet in 4. His setups are just superb. Only Ayane comes close to have his setups.But I didn't like him much in the previous games because of his stupid handstand/breakdancing moves.

Yeah, but he's overpowered, DOA 4 is very broken. Not like soul calibur 3,but, bad nonetheless.

Fallin Angel
Eh, I'll say Ryu. I don't reallly remember much about Vega

StyleTime
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Yeah, but he's overpowered, DOA 4 is very broken. Not like soul calibur 3,but, bad nonetheless.
DOA4 is one of the more balanced installations of the series actually. If you want broke go play DOA2.

As for the fight, Ryu kills Vega just as Kasumi does.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by StyleTime
DOA4 is one of the more balanced installations of the series actually. If you want broke go play DOA2.

As for the fight, Ryu kills Vega just as Kasumi does.

No, it isn't, DOA4 is second only to DOA 2, and the patch made it worst.

-Crappy Side Step that inches you foward
-Lack of throw escapes
-Hayabusa
-Stupid spacing game
-No grab interrupts

Pretty much no defensive tatics whatsoever, which leaves your options to a lucky counter hold.

Superboy Prime
DOA4 Ryu's got nothing on DOA2/Ultimate Ayane. Now that's one broken *****.

Remulous
Hayabusa, although he and Vega have similar moves.

Kaled
and i would predict Ryu wins, but thats a first glance guess i'm not really involed in this fight and my knowledge is lacking

whats a noob to do *someone shouts stop posting* hmmm, good idea

StyleTime
No, it isn't, DOA4 is second only to DOA 2, and the patch made it worst.

-Crappy Side Step that inches you foward
-Lack of throw escapes
-Hayabusa
-Stupid spacing game
-No grab interrupts

Pretty much no defensive tatics whatsoever, which leaves your options to a lucky counter hold.
I used to think so and I lost a lot since I was still playing with a DOA2 Hitomi and Ayane. Now I realize now that DOA4 seems weird because it's the first of its kind in the DOA series. DOA4 is based about 80-90% on offense. Defense is basically thrown out the window. That doesn't break the game, it just means you have to play differently. There has been a lack of throw escapes in all the games. Hayabusa isn't really broken either. He's just really good.

Broken is DOA2 Tengu.

The closest to broken is Kasumi when she's online.
DOA4 Ryu's got nothing on DOA2/Ultimate Ayane. Now that's one broken *****.
Can you believe I literally had to stop using Ayane on Ultimate because people kept complaining? Hitomi became my main and now Ayane my secondary. DOA4 rolls around and I pick up Ayane again to find out she plays COMPLETELY differently than in Ultimate. Ah well, at least only the noobs complain about her now.

Mr Dude
coolio then i'l keep to plan.
So, what did you think of it?

aysongail
Hyabusa will win against Vega

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by StyleTime
I used to think so and I lost a lot since I was still playing with a DOA2 Hitomi and Ayane. Now I realize now that DOA4 seems weird because it's the first of its kind in the DOA series. DOA4 is based about 80-90% on offense. Defense is basically thrown out the window. That doesn't break the game, it just means you have to play differently. There has been a lack of throw escapes in all the games. Hayabusa isn't really broken either. He's just really good.

Broken is DOA2 Tengu.

C'mon, 150 points of damage from an unbreakable inzuna in biolab, that's not broken. He's grapples are better than grapplers!

]

StyleTime
C'mon, 150 points of damage from an unbreakable inzuna in biolab, that's not broken. He's grapples are better than grapplers!

]
Hey don't get me wrong, Hayabusa has some stuff the game would be better off without. I mean, his punch counters all lead to a free izuna WTF!! He is definitely close to broken, but he is still missing some stuff like DOA2 Tengu's Up/forward kick or Hayate's 3.1 cartwheel. Tengu was actually banned from tournaments and Hayate players weren't allowed to use his cartwheel because they were truly broken.

Emperor Ashtar
Hayate's cartwheel is the most broken move since Variable cancel.

TricksterPriest
So, in other words, this isn't a fair fight at all. Ha. The only way a DOA character can beat an SF one is by bad game mechanics. Shoulda known.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
So, in other words, this isn't a fair fight at all. Ha. The only way a DOA character can beat an SF one is by bad game mechanics. Shoulda known.

DOA cahracters are more powerful than street fighters, don't be fooled. They have a larger universe and have a nice sum of feats.

Superboy Prime
DOA cahracters are more powerful than street fighters, don't be fooled. They have a larger universe and have a nice sum of feats.

co-sign.

Remulous
DOA cahracters are more powerful than street fighters, don't be fooled. They have a larger universe and have a nice sum of feats. I hope that's sarcasm, buddy.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Remulous
I hope that's sarcasm, buddy.

Not really, the hierarchy of street fighter is more developed. But, Doa characters are proving they are not weaklings either.

Xenogears
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
So, in other words, this isn't a fair fight at all. Ha. The only way a DOA character can beat an SF one is by bad game mechanics. Shoulda known. So by your shitty logic Chun Li can win against Genra. Wow, you're a genius.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.