Dr. Fate Ongoing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Devil Lance
Yay Dr. Fate is getting his own ongoing series in January eek!

heres some information about it.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=87428

it would rock if Zauriel was the new Fate Happy Dance

Validus
Pretty long overdue and a Black Alice special to boot.

I wouldn't mind Zauriel getting his own series.

WrathfulDwarf
THE HELMET OF FATE: DETECTIVE CHIMP #1

Hahaha!! This is gonna be comedic I can tell right away. Glad the Doc is getting his series. I'll defenetly pick it up.

Devil Lance
Does anyone know about the writer of the Dr. fate series? I haven't heard of him before

UniOmni
I thought Zauriel was everything done wrong about spiritual entities in comics.

He had powers, and a predefined limit............

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
I thought Zauriel was everything done wrong about spiritual entities in comics.

He had powers, and a predefined limit............ Because he was granted a form when he left heaven, as you see him is the form granted to him, his true angelic form would have been much different.

Ext@nt
They showed him in his true form in a miniseries. Etrigan tried to mouth off to him and he taught him a lesson.

And in 52 right now it seems that Ralph Dibny might be the new Fate.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Juntai
Because he was granted a form when he left heaven, as you see him is the form granted to him, his true angelic form would have been much different.

I'm well aware of that, but it's almost like they took away what made him special as a spiritual entity.

The angel overmind??

Humanoid forms in heaven??

They didn't come across as the servants of the allpowerful like i'd have wished.

Dr.Fate
sweet, a new Dr,Fate series have to pick up, and making Palph the doc would be perhaps the most different direction for a character ever, it would be totally different infact, in the beginning a super elastic detective with a sense of humor, know the most powerful sorceror in the dc universe, i'm not too sure if it would work though. It would also be perhaps the most random change for a character in comic book history for the same reasons as above.

WrathfulDwarf
So far I read Detective Chimp (very comical to see him as Doctor Fate) and Ibis the Invincible. Looking forward to reading more on Zauriel and Sargon.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I'm glad Fate has his own series again. One question, Who is the new Dr. Fate? Someone please tell me.

Juntai
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I'm glad Fate has his own series again. One question, Who is the new Dr. Fate? Someone please tell me. Kent Nelson

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Juntai
Kent Nelson

Really? the first Dr.Fate is coming back?

Juntai
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Really? the first Dr.Fate is coming back? DOCTOR FATE #1
Written by Steve Gerber
Art and cover by Paul Gulacy
Variant cover by Gene Ha

"The Helmet of Fate" explodes into a new ongoing series dedicated to the popular member of the JSA! Psychiatrist Kent Nelson finds even stranger depths within the human mind than he has in any mystical realm. How can he begin to help others when his own life is a shambles? Find out in this amazing debut issue!

King_Mungi
Woot...Kent had abilities equal to pre-crisis Superman and plus magic smile

Rewmac
I liked the Classic stories of Fate. I hope the new one will be as good...

DarkCrawler
It's not the same Kent. It's his grandnephew, named after original Kent.

If the REAL Kent would come back, he'd be kicking everybody's arses all over the world. Everybody else were just channeling Nabu's power, Kent was RAISED by the guy. He was pretty much equal to Doctor Strange, even.

King_Mungi
I know, I'm just hoping the original Kent makes an apperance at one time or another.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.