The Most Absurd Deleted Scenes of All Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I figure this would make an fun topic to discuss. Here is the list from Cracked magazine:

http://www.cracked.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&sid=1118&file=article&pageid=1

Can you remenber a scene in a movie that you think it's absurd to have been deleted?

LiL nAstY GirL
The second half of Goodbye Love From Rent

Myth
I actually liked that Bruce Almighty one.

Strangelove
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
The second half of Goodbye Love From Rent

AstroFan
The Krypton scene in Superman Returns, it only explained the whole "where did he go?" story. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Hang on... your question is the opposite of what that page links to, WD. Which way around are we meant to be doing this?

Impediment
The enitre "Governor's Mansion Ball" from Mallrats.

Darth Vicious
Lord of the Rings deleted scenes. It was like a ploy to get more money out of the consumers by adding the scenes after a second dvd was released. True those scenes made the movies almost 4 hours but I for one wouldnt have mind seeing them at the movie theather.

Solo
The alternate ending to Infernal Affairs.

Myth
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
True those scenes made the movies almost 4 hours but I for one wouldnt have mind seeing them at the movie theather.

Four hours would have made them lose a lot of money in the theaters. Major LOTR fans would go no matter what, but people who are not super thrilled with LOTR in the first place but sat through it anyway would have been more likely to pass.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Hang on... your question is the opposite of what that page links to, WD. Which way around are we meant to be doing this?

It's just a separate question that's all. The link is for people to get a kick out of the titles in the list.

Ushgarak
Gotcha.

(thinks)

DeVi| D0do
The deleted scene in Revenge of the Sith when Yoda speaks to the ghost of Qui Gon...

zslick
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Lord of the Rings deleted scenes. It was like a ploy to get more money out of the consumers by adding the scenes after a second dvd was released. True those scenes made the movies almost 4 hours but I for one wouldnt have mind seeing them at the movie theather.

actually me niether i wouldnt mind watching that either also i liked it best when the elf over drank the dwarf then also in the other hand if those parts were added that would gave me more time(i was in the theater with a girl in the back way back row)

Wolfie
Originally posted by Impediment
The enitre "Governor's Mansion Ball" from Mallrats.
That was the only part, that I remember, I was glad was taken out.
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
The deleted scene in Revenge of the Sith when Yoda speaks to the ghost of Qui Gon...
That was ridiculous to be taken out because they left in the scene where they mention him. After I saw the movie, I was like, "Wait... why are they bringing him up?"

Mr Parker
yeah In the original Halloween movie,there is a scene where Doctor Loomis played By Donald Pleasance is speaking to Michael Myers as a kid when he is in the sanitarium.That scene should NEVER have been deleted. mad

Ushgarak
That ROTS scene was not so much dleeted as it was abandoned at a very early stage.

J-Beowulf
LOL at the Bruce Almighty clip. Funny stuff!

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
LOL at the Bruce Almighty clip. Funny stuff!

I thought it was very unfunny and incredibly creepy.

allofyousuckkk
ah yes! ha! a man bursting into flames

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.