Who's Beat Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Who's Beat Superman?

I want to know so i can collect all the times Superman has been beat. Not down from kryptonite not fighting when he lost his powers but who and when has superman had his but handed to him in a straght fight (or as close as anyone can get with him). And please follow your responces with the comic and issue number.

I already have the big ones!
Doomsday- Superman #75
Batman- The Dark Knight Returns #4
Captain Marvel- Kingdom Come #4

Ext@nt
Gog- recently I dont remember the issue but it was Action Comics.
Parallax- Zero Hour #1
Dominus- Again I dont remember the issue
Zod
Conduit
I think Darkseid has beat him at least once.
Kryptonite man- sometime in the late 80's early 90's

Entity
There was actually a Kryptoniteman the rest i remember but i never knew there was really a Kryptoniteman that is freakin sweet when was this i've only joked about this like a million times

DigiMark007
Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come aren't canon. So that's nice that you have them, but don't expect to be able to use them in any debates.

And I know Hal beat him once, but I don't know the issue #.

Validus
Superman has jobbed to a few people over the years but thats about it.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
Superman has jobbed to a few people over the years but thats about it.

Course.

Like how Wolverine jobbed to Namor a few weeks ago.

But even he had to fall to that big bang disguised as a gas station explosion in DOS.

I mean, it was a frickin big bang!!

Tron
Originally posted by Ext@nt
I think Darkseid has beat him at least once.

Darkseid use to punk him and the rest of the JLA regularly, back in the Pre-Crisis days.

Originally posted by UniOmni
Like how Wolverine jobbed to Namor a few weeks ago.

I believe you have that back backwards.

Validus
Originally posted by Tron
Darkseid use to punk him and the rest of the JLA regularly, back in the Pre-Crisis days.

I believe you have that back backwards.
Post Crisis too. Superman getting the one up on DS is a pretty recent thing.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Post Crisis too. Superman getting the one up on DS is a pretty recent thing.

Superman is 3-0 since OWAW. smile

manjaro
in 2002, when he was still sporting the black "S" some guy came from some dimension and gave this prisoner the persuader axe...and as the new persuader this guy with almost a flick of the axe slapped superman clear into orbit, and pwned a little b4 supes dusted him...thats not a definitve win but it counts for somthing

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah, like I said, recent. 1986-2001, DS was still pimping him out like a chump and if the guy could stop getting his own end game bounced back in his face, he'd still be doing it.

And it's actually 3-1 since DS mind controlled Superman back in a Legion comic.

bigbran
Isn't is 3-2, since Darkseid put him in his place in a couple punches?

Wait, didn't he also hurt his ass with OE, and basically beat him?

3-3

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
Isn't is 3-2, since Darkseid put him in his place in a couple punches?

Wait, didn't he also hurt his ass with OE, and basically beat him?

3-3

No.

bigbran
No. No, no, I know I seen it before. He made Superman listen to him, by hitting him 3 times, and another time, he Fed up Superman with the OE.

bigbran
Punches.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/pd55a9f60974c3f94b66f685071686e58/fbdd8646.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p7c18e8b452cb9333381c18e72b82bc42/fbdd81d1.jpg

OE

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p43f271405bb78d83ae047fd1cf65a746/fbdd46ca.jpg

There. I knew he did it.
So...

3-3.

Avalonofthewind
No character has ever owned Supes as bad as the Eradicator has.

Not Doomsday.
Not GoG.
Not Dominus.
Not Thor.
Not Hulk.
Not Darkseid.
Not Bats with his best prep.
Not Superboy Prime or E2 Superman.
Not Wonder Woman
Not Captain Marvel

It was pure Kryptonian ass whoopin at it's finest but physically and later with Torquasm Vo right back at him.

Wally West
What about JLA comics, characters like Amazo must have beat him down along with the team

Sam Z
Venom...shifty

Juntai
Originally posted by bigbran
Punches.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/pd55a9f60974c3f94b66f685071686e58/fbdd8646.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p7c18e8b452cb9333381c18e72b82bc42/fbdd81d1.jpg

OE

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p43f271405bb78d83ae047fd1cf65a746/fbdd46ca.jpg

There. I knew he did it.
So...

3-3. That was during the whole OWAW saga. He said since then.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Wally West
What about JLA comics, characters like Amazo must have beat him down along with the team

Supes was the only one (besides the Atom) still standing up to Amazo. Everyone else was KO'd.

Devil Lance

anything written by Loeb is considered pis and or bad writng yes

he writes supes as being uber

B dot Rob
Darkseid also knocked Superman's ass into the Source Wall.

Dreampanther
Didn't Lobo kick Superman's ass? I don't have the comics, unfortunately, so I don't have any scans - I just heard the rumour, while I was having a few drinks in an intergalactic space-bar, hanging with my buddy, Lobo the Duck... smokin' But it might have been Lobo himself telling the story, (can't remember clearly, those Intergalactic Gargle-Blasters are WICKED beer ) and I got the feeling Lobo might have been hiding something, because I also heard a rumour somewhere that Superman once saved his ass...

Can anybody confirm what happened? was it a draw? I dunno... confused

Anyway, I also think The Darkness once fought Superman to a standstill, at least until the sun came up, when The Darkness's powers disappear or something (I only have two Darkness comics, so I don't much about him apart from what I found on Wiki). I'm pretty sure this is non-canonical though (for Superman, anyway, dunno about Darkness)

Ext@nt
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
No character has ever owned Supes as bad as the Eradicator has.

Not Doomsday.
Not GoG.
Not Dominus.
Not Thor.
Not Hulk.
Not Darkseid.
Not Bats with his best prep.
Not Superboy Prime or E2 Superman.
Not Wonder Woman
Not Captain Marvel

It was pure Kryptonian ass whoopin at it's finest but physically and later with Torquasm Vo right back at him.

Doomsday killed him, I think that goes down as the worst ass kicking.

kenobi
Cap. Marvel almost always knockes Superman out when they meet. That is to establish that Supes has equals in sheer strength and power because they are both good guys.
Amazo has really busted up Superman. In a JLA issue, I can not remember wich, Amazo beat up Superman and had Supes face all swollen and bloddied.
I wish that I could remember the issue #'s but I have read them.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Ext@nt
Doomsday killed him, I think that goes down as the worst ass kicking.

Superman killed Doomsday then died from his wounds afterwards.

Eradicator owned him with much less effort and without dying himself in the process.

Entity
God i love this post

Broly92
A thread dedicated to who beat Superman?

YEAH!!!!!!!!! big grin

Entity
Then they need to get everyone on the thread to join together and meet him alone in a dark alley with a butload of kryptonite

Wally West
What about Martian Manhunter/Fernus.

manorastroman
blackrock

roughrider
Anti-Monitor certainly owned the Pre-Crisis Superman.
He was only saved by Supergirl - so AM kills her instead.

Jimmy-Chan

Eh, you really counting the Austen issue? All he did was toss some Para-Demons at Darkseid, making him lose his concentration, thus closing the Boom Tube. There was no indication that he was hurt, and if he wanted, he could've reopened another Boom Tube and came right back.

Personally, I think the two times Darkseid had Supes down with Omegas coming fourth before his friends jumped in, or punching him into the Wall are a lot closer to "wins" than Action Comics#814.

Jimmy-Chan
Some others would be Major Force, Despero, and Fernus. Doomsday owned Supes pretty hard in H/P, Doomsday Wars, and the first round of their Supes#175 fight too.

jasonk3
well batman has done it twice before

Entity
Im lovin it keep them coming. Whowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.