Golden Sun 3 for Nintendo DS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Here's an image that I just came across....

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3964/goldensun3newsrx9.jpg

Could this be a third installment for the Nintendo DS? Sure looks it, and there was clear data in the second one. I sure hope that it wouldn't just be used to unlock the whole soundtrack in the battle arena... stick out tongue

Here's me crossing my fingers for an announcement soon... big grin

General Kaliero
Oh holy hell, yes! Golden Sun with touch control? Great characters, great script, great music, AWESOME psynergy/djinn system...

Anyone who can read Japanese, or has found a website with the subtitle translated? I wanna know what it's called...

JToTheP
I think someone on gamefaqs said that translated to something else entirely.

General Kaliero
It's Golden Sun, though. Same logo style, you can see the Lost Age cartridge, same envelope sprite...

JToTheP
I know, but someone posted it on the GS:TLA board a while ago and it was proven to not be it.

JKozzy
Link(s)?

Lana
My Japanese is pretty damn rusty, but the logo reads (something) kin no taiyou, which translates literally to 'sun of gold'...or Golden Sun.

Can't quite make out the kana underneath, though. I think the first part says "breaks of" but I'm not sure.

JKozzy
Plus on the lower screen, The Lost Age's GBA cartridge is there, which I assume is loading clear data onto the DS card. It's pretty convincing to me. Logo, cartridge, lighthouse, basic background of the second one. Plus the rusty translation..

JToTheP
Originally posted by JKozzy
Link(s)?

If you're not a member of GameFAQs forum you can't view it anyway even if I did provide a link, but I'll go see if it's still there.

It got deleted, I guess the mods are keeping the board small since the game is so old now. The topic was called something like, "Is this Golden Sun 3?" The picture was posted and it went on for a few hundred pages, until someone pulled something from the Camelot forums about how it was a photoshop picture. It continued until it got locked for 500-or close to 500 posts.

Delta 62
This image looks real enough to me..and even if not, I bet you anything that GS3 will be announced soon enough. The first game was awesome, even though I don't have the second one sad

JToTheP
Originally posted by Delta 62
This image looks real enough to me..and even if not, I bet you anything that GS3 will be announced soon enough. The first game was awesome, even though I don't have the second one sad

Two is A LOT better, go buy it. It also has one of the biggest pain in the ass (secret) boss's in RPG history.

General Kaliero
Dear god, I can't believe that guy... need either the perfect strategy, or the more incredible dumb luck... and yet that made him all the more satisfying when finished off.

Definitly the most difficult battle I've ever done in any RPG I've played.

InnerRise
In the subtitles I see Something and then "...tsu Hisu no..." and then something else.

I actually played the first Golden son and couldn't get past the boss battle at the end I'm assuming on that light house. First you battle them at the same time and then once you defeat them, I can't remember if they morph into something else or another boss comes out, like a big creature or dragon or something, but I could never get past the second boss that would come out. So I never got number 2, which I wanted to play badly. I liked the game overall.

is it comprehensible.....

SaTsuJiN
"Ougon no Taiyou"

for the katakana I see "Aresshisu no" something

but its honestly a bit too blurry to be sure

I never played a golden sun game.. but they do look fun... do you think it'll be multiplayer? messed

Lana
'ougon' is how you read those kanji together? I wasn't sure on that, though I did manage to look up the first one to get a full translation.

The subtitle right under the title looks like "burekkusu no (something)" to me.

InnerRise
Now that I look at again it again.

I think I see "Ashitsu hisu no......" and something else.

Wish it was clearer. erm

General Kaliero
I see a ton of lines. Because I can't read Japanese. stick out tongue

InnerRise, I started The Lost Age while I was still stuck on the final battle in the first (bought both at the same time). TLA has a summary that explains everything anyway, so you don't miss anything aside from sending cleared file data.

InnerRise
Man that sucks.

Thanks.

I wish I had known this a long time ago.

I'm too far gone to get back into the game now though.

cry

I'd also like to add though that there was another part that got me stuck really bad in the first one.

It wasn't even a battle.

It was the ship part where you go on the ship to sail across to the place and I didn't know what to do. I would get on the ship and walk around and it wouldn't set sail.

I ended up leaving the ship and revisiting almost all of the places I had been to if not all of them.

Then I get back to the ship only to discover there was a certain room, I think the captain's room, that I needed to walk into to get the game to progress and get the ship to start moving on to the next part.

I felt so dumb, especially since I was about to quit the game over that.

confused

Come on. It could happen to anybody people.

I'm still Just Too Good and you know it!

miffed

JKozzy
Originally posted by JToTheP
Two is A LOT better, go buy it. It also has one of the biggest pain in the ass (secret) boss's in RPG history. True that. Somehow, I did beat him though. So satisfying.

§P0oONY
I'd sell my soul for a Golden Sun 3... Best hand held RPG and definitely in my top 5 for every console.

I prefer 2 as well. Nicer playable characters. Felix is sexy.

JToTheP
True that. Somehow, I did beat him though. So satisfying.

So did I, I was way under the recommended level of many guides too. I think my main team was levels 39-43.

JKozzy
Originally posted by JToTheP
So did I, I was way under the recommended level of many guides too. I think my main team was levels 39-43. As was I... I know that my GS1 chars were about lv52, but my GS2 team was between 38 and 45, if memory serves. That was freakin intense.

JToTheP
As was I... I know that my GS1 chars were about lv52, but my GS2 team was between 38 and 45, if memory serves. That was frea kin intense.

I think I had Jenna, Felix, Issac, and Mia in my main party, and I had my back up party bomb him with Djinn summons if I needed, which I did for the finale.

JKozzy
So it looks like more solid information is surfacing, finally!!

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7765/goldensundsop2.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2499/goldensunds2fl0.jpg

Golden Sun: The Solar Soothsayer.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8085/1/Golden_Sun_Rising_on_DS

JToTheP
So it looks like more solid information is surfacing, finally!!

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7765/goldensundsop2.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2499/goldensunds2fl0.jpg

Golden Sun: The Solar Soothsayer.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8085/1/Golden_Sun_Rising_on_DS

YAY! big grin

JKozzy
Here's hoping they're not clever fakes...

It was said that Nintendo would revive a franchise soon, but.. who knows.. this could be it, this might not be.

§P0oONY
*Wanks furiously*

Morridini
But...noo.....I have no room in my budget atm to buy a DS....*sob*

JToTheP
sad It's fake!

Recently, the Internet spawned a rumor amidst all the excitement of E3 that a sequel to the heavily under-appreciated Golden Sun series was coming to the Nintendo DS. Like fish on those tiny, delicious fishflakes Joystiq, GoNintendo and other sites pounced, working furiously to spread the news as quickly as their tiny, malformed hands could. That night, their heads filled with gumdrops and thoughts of handheld RPG action, many children went to bed happy. Sadly, as is so often the case, those children were all idiots.

Vooks.net -- Australia's answer to descending from criminals and rapists -- has an interview up with the perpetrator of the hoax, a member of their own forums, a fellow who goes by the obtusely ironic name 'Opium'. It seems that Mr. Opium created the clever faςade to convince Nintendo that the series had a large fanbase and that we actually want to see more Golden Sun titles.

I'd like to say he's a jerk, or some other form of condemnation, but I totally agree with the guy, and obviously his rumor was convincing enough to attract the attentions of people whose eyes have glazed over from years of photovoltaic abuse. Golden Sun is almost completely forgotten in light of all the Final Fantasy's and Dragon Quest's, and in a world where the most striking thing about Nintendo's E3 showing was the same technology they employed in the Power Pad, that's truly a shame.

Off destructoid.com

InnerRise
Pity.

A real Shame.

I may have finally gotten back into this Franchise.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

General Kaliero
I don't agree with the guy's methods, but I do support his message.

Nintendo! A veritable HORDE of fans is begging for a third Golden Sun! Oblige us!

Oh, and isn't this the second time in two years that there's been a photoshopped GS3 hoax?

moshee
Ougon no Taiyou: arekkusu no Michi (Golden Sun: Alex's Road)

Not sure what it says on the bottom, though. Any translators?

it says: 今移动チータは、時っていろ。

Ushgarak
Oh yeah, must get around to reviewing Golden Sun. That's a review to annoy others with, because I found it the dullest major RP I have ever played.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oh yeah, must get around to reviewing Golden Sun. That's a review to annoy others with, because I found it the dullest major RP I have ever played.
...Ow. ermm

Morridini

General Kaliero
Ahhh, at long last.

Looking pretty. Can't wait to play.

Juk3n
The Lord is good. Best handheld RPG series IMO, one def' one of my top 10 RPG series across the board.

Hopes for the game?

Mine, some sort of GS:TLA save file tranfer, i know in GSbig grinS we play as the descendants of our first generation group, but i hope somthing transfers over. Maybe our special items, ie; Cloak ball and such.

SAENBR
Holy ****ing shit this is awesome.

Wei Phoenix
So this is following Alex after he got uber powerful?

Black Yoshi
Man, I haven't played Golden Sun in a long time. It's a great series, and I look forward to playing this upcoming release.

JKozzy
Replaying the first one myself right now. I have over 100+ hours invested into my first playthrough of the first two games. Beat every boss and got every item, characters all around level 60. Even though it follows their descendents, I hope that the clear data from The Lost Age is used somehow.

Morridini
I doubt we will be able to use it, now that the new DSi no longer have the cartridge slot ofr GBA games.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Morridini
I doubt we will be able to use it, now that the new DSi no longer have the cartridge slot ofr GBA games.
The Lost Age used a code system. It was horribly long and convoluted, but it did work.

Morridini
Well it require people to still have their old GBA available to find their code.

Ushgarak
TLA brored me to the point where I didn't finish it. I've always been slightly at a loss to see where the hero worship for Golden Sun comes from, especially with the second game being pretty much a carbon copy with an even more boring overworld map.

Morridini
Talk about a game that flew under the radar, had totaly forgotten this even existed, until I suddenly saw the review at IGN: http://ds.ign.com/articles/113/1136121p1.html

A decent score, might have to pick it up sometime this decade (never find them time to play handhelds).

RE: Blaxican
The game looks so boring.

AsbestosFlaygon
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Chrono Trigger wuz kewler.

Jk stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.