How do you say "Thank You"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
I know this is a global site, so I was just wondering how people give a thanks of gratitude...........from my life.......we kiss.........I know some just nod or bow, of just shake hands............just wondering.

Deano
i just say thank you

Alliance
I say thanks, or give a little nod if its not really a big deal.

debbiejo
Wow so boring..........No touching?........Well a kiss is only if they did you a wonderful favor. and a hug.........Though hmmmmm a small kiss would say umm thanks.....thanks for doing your best kind of thing..Cheek of course............unless it was A GREAT GREAT FAVOR!!.........Then plant a good one....Usually shocks a person though.........lol

BackFire
A thumbs up and if it's a girl, a slight, friendly tap on the butt.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by BackFire

Cool ! laughing

Well, I usually nod I guess.... but sometimes I say thank you.... in my native language.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire

how about a thumb up the butt? then you have all bases covered

Impediment
Thanx.

JacopeX
Gracias

And thats it

The Highlord
I say thanks, I seriously dont go kissing every stranger just cause they may have done something im happy about, a thanks and a hand shake and a smile :P

Waks
Originally posted by debbiejo
Wow so boring..........No touching?........Well a kiss is only if they did you a wonderful favor. and a hug.........Though hmmmmm a small kiss would say umm thanks.....thanks for doing your best kind of thing..Cheek of course............unless it was A GREAT GREAT FAVOR!!.........Then plant a good one....Usually shocks a person though.........lol

smile I say thank you or thanks, but I wouldn't mind getting a kiss as a thank you big grin Infact I'll do something for you so you'd have to thank me. laughing out loud

~Forever*Alone~
i do not say thank you

JacopeX
Originally posted by JacopeX
Gracias

And thats it EDITED

Imperial_Samura

Depends on the situation:

Saying thank you to a stranger - eg. Store clerk etc: Simply thank you. Maybe thank you with a smile if they have been especially good.

If it is a family member or friend: Depending - if they have just past the salt then just saying "thank you suffices." If it is a gift then maybe thanks and a bit of a hug or handshake (hug if its a girl, handshake if a guy.)

If it is my girlfriend - As above, but in the gift or nice word situation replace hug with hug and kiss (the extent of which depends on what it is thanks for. wink )

Also if I am wearing a hat I might tough the brim when I say thankyou.

lord xyz
I just say thanks/cheers/thank you. But I don't say it very often, only to strangers.

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
how about a thumb up the butt? then you have all bases covered

The ol' thumb butt, eh? I do that when people **** up.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I usually say "Pok-pok", and then do a Moondance.

Clovie
"dzięki"

Bardock42
I don't thank people. Ever.

debbiejo
I'm not surprised bardock.......lol

Well it's so funny how sometimes I have to stop myself when it's someone I really don't know.......I catch myself caue I know I'd freak them out....But many times I just give a hug....Though all of my family and relatives always kiss hello and good bye.

You DO live in a SPECIAL PLACE.....LOL

bogen
Depends what it is, a nod or a " thanks" might be in order if someone gets you a coffee but Gratitude sex might be in order for other things whistle shifty

redcaped
A+

Lyna303
i say "thanks"

redcaped
zens

Roulette
If it's a stranger, I'll say 'thanks' or 'thank you'...usually with a smile.

But, if it's someone I know or am close to, it's a little different....
e.g: 'Awwww...thanks man...I owe you one'...usually with a grin big grin

botankus

I don't usually give or get any favors, so I never get these affections of gratitude. If I ever did, however, I'd prefer heavy physical contact.

ThePittman
I just kick them in the nuts stick out tongue if they are girls I give them candy wink

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
I don't usually give or get any favors, so I never get these affections of gratitude. If I ever did, however, I'd prefer heavy physical contact. Like somebody jumping on you?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

botankus
Oh, God no. I was thinking more along the lines of touching, licking, and massaging.

Naz
just "thanks" to most people, "thank you" to teachers and adults i don't know, or "thankies" to my friends

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
i do not say thank you

You stole my line.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Naz
"thankies"

laughing

debbiejo
Oh, God no. I was thinking more along the lines of touching, licking, and massaging. LOL

Like god! I'm so happy let me lick you???

botankus
LOL

Like god! I'm so happy let me lick you???

Absolutely. Many people might shy away from this, but you'll be amazed at how refreshing it will make you feel. I recommend everyone trying it at least once. It also works great on someone you've just met, too. Sort of like an ice breaker.

Naz
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
laughing

ermm I'm so happy I could amuse you.

debbiejo
Absolutely. Many people might shy away from this, but you'll be amazed at how refreshing it will make you feel. I recommend everyone trying it at least once. It also works great on someone you've just met, too. Sort of like an ice breaker. blink

speaking of oddities........hehe........I used to date this guy who used to bark at people......After 3 dates, I said....hmm even on the phone???....I don't think so..........

I like originial but somewhere you got to draw the line...........

botankus
blink

speaking of oddities........hehe........I used to date this guy who used to bark at people......After 3 dates, I said....hmm even on the phone???....I don't think so..........

I like originial but somewhere you got to draw the line...........

And you give ME the blink smilie? *shakes head at Debs* tongue_ss

Mr. Sandman
I'm not surprised that you would draw the wierd ones deb.

debbiejo
Well, I did give him 3 chances, but when he barked at the waitress, I was kinda embarrassed......"Yeah I'm with him"....... embarrasment

Mr. Sandman
No no, you say "I don't know that lunatic. Where is my food? And can I get a dog bowl?"

Kayne Archeron
the difference between licking and barking being that getting licked by someone can give you a good sensation... someone barking at you is just damn annoying and will probably give you a headache

as for my thanks... i just say "thank you" but with more of an S sound on the TH and in sort of a scarlet pimpernel accent

debbiejo
Only if you know them very very well.................

Kayne Archeron
Only if you know them very very well.................

well, yes... of course.... whistle

though i do agree with you that people should give more physical contact; it's surprising how much that can brighten someone's day

debbiejo
It sure can............a hug can do more than a thousand bucks sometimes for someone.............as a kiss on the cheek...........I believe many people are afraid to show affections.

Kayne Archeron
well, as much as i wouldn't mind a kiss on the cheek from friends, that sort of thing can be taken the wrong way, and annoying dramas can unfold

debbiejo
You must be male..........though in my family we still do..........must be an Italian thingie. But the male kissing a male is just a family thing.

Kayne Archeron
well, also, a majority of america has this major obsession with private space that i find rather stupid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.