Is Captain Marvel faster than Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D-Block
I always thought that they were equal due to the fact at least to my knowledge that one has never been portrayed to be faster than the other. Until Justice #7 Superman says to Captain Marvel before you use the lighting since you have the speed of a God (Mercury) just Grab onto him(flash). Now this is my question and keep in mind this is to prevent CM from using the lighting. Why wouldn't Superman try to grab flash instead of asking Captain Marvel to do so. Do you guys think that Supes was implying that he wasn't fast enough to do so but CM is and did?

Draco69
First off, Justice isn't canon. That's why WW can't fly....

Second, Superman stated he was still weak and still needed time to absorb solar energy so he wasn't at his best.

batdude123
BAM! And D-Block goes down. smile

In all honesty though, Marvel is fast, but he doesn't have the feats of speed like Superman...

Ultraman Baltan
Forget speed! Captain Marvel>>>>>>>>Superman every time.

batdude123
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Validus
Originally posted by Draco69

Second, Superman stated he was still weak and still needed time to absorb solar energy so he wasn't at his best.
And at his best he still felt like like Flash and thus Marvel were faster. Alex Ross thinks CM is DC's top dog so thats no surprise either.

UniOmni
Originally posted by batdude123
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't be mad cuz your boy isn't tops in an alternate reality..........

At any given time in the canon DCU, he has the entire universe ridding his kryptonian nutsack.

Let Marvel have his shine in Justice.

And WW shouldn't fly, unless its to the store to get more ingredients for her cooking adventures.

long pig
Agreed.

If only Marvel would have bought the character when they had a chance...Cap M has been forced to lick Superman's balls for the past 40 years.

Damn Superman writers are all worthless.

DigiMark007
Yeah, Ross gives CM more credit than they do in canon comics, so that's kinda expected. He might beat Supes, but the beating he laid on him in Kingdom Come shoulda never happened, and I'm guessing he's written above Supes in Justice too (though I haven't read it yet).

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
Don't be mad cuz your boy isn't tops in an alternate reality..........

At any given time in the canon DCU, he has the entire universe ridding his kryptonian nutsack.

Let Marvel have his shine in Justice.

And WW shouldn't fly, unless its to the store to get more ingredients for her cooking adventures.

I think he means in general, but the Justice thing is fine with me...

long pig
From what I've read, CA seems to only use a fraction of his actual power. It's hinted that he's a lot more powerful but he hasn't tapped into his power-source fully yet.

Cap is a good character, it's just sad that D.C feels the need to use him in a manner that makes Superman look better.

complexbrother
I think so . Superman often looks better because he's DC's Fagship chareter

I meant flagship .

long pig
That's one complex brotha.

Ultraman Baltan
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why, I didn't know they let little idiots on the forum!

batdude123
Why, I didn't know they let little idiots on the forum!

Oh, really? I find this funny coming from the idiot who got himself banned by posting a rather graphic 'PWNED' pic in the OFT. Go home, little child. roll eyes (sarcastic)

D-Block

In all honesty though, Marvel is fast, but he doesn't have the feats of speed like Superman...

What is that bam about I was just wanting to get other peoples opinion on the subject and I know it's not canon it was just the only example that I know of one could have stated the other could be faster

D-Block
I think he means in general, but the Justice thing is fine with me...

Yeah I did mean in general but justice was the only time that one has hinted that the other was faster

D-Block

Superman also stated that he felt flash always let him win but he still thought Captain Marvel could catch flash without flash letting him. And I know it's not canon.

D-Block

Didn't see the smile

D-Block
Originally posted by Validus
And at his best he still felt like like Flash and thus Marvel were faster. Alex Ross thinks CM is DC's top dog so thats no surprise either.

I agree. I think Alex Ross does Captain Marvel how he was meant to be instead of how DC tried to make him SM equal. Alex isn't afraid to make CM slightly superior just like everyone else does for Supes

MattDay
the strange thing is if u changed all u've said about captain marvel so far and change it to superman it's sounds exactly the same, like "he hasn't tapped into his full power yet" and " he isn't at his full potential" if anyone remembers pre crisis superman, then u'd know superman isn't being written at full power... talk about blabbing on like some of u guys know what ur REALLY talking about, then u can bring a good arguement!

WrathfulDwarf
In the Magical Realm of the DC Universe. Yes! Captain Marvel is faster and somewhat more powerful than Superman. Without his magic powers he is nowhere near Superman.

Validus
Without his magic powers, he's just a normal kid. confused

Milkie
Exactly

ankur29
supes may be slightly faster , in first lightning the guy hired by lex/Dr.sivanna following cap says CM is not as fast as the other guy he follows (superman)

btw d-block could you pls post that thing you guys are talking about ,(bout CM catching flash) ........thanks

and also here is question what is CM,s top speed ? ........under light speed or mach 500 like black adam ?

D-Block
Originally posted by Validus
Without his magic powers, he's just a normal kid. confused

Yep

D-Block
Originally posted by ankur29
supes may be slightly faster , in first lightning the guy hired by lex/Dr.sivanna following cap says CM is not as fast as the other guy he follows (superman)

btw d-block could you pls post that thing you guys are talking about ,(bout CM catching flash) ........thanks

and also here is question what is CM,s top speed ? ........under light speed or mach 500 like black adam ?

That was cruising the city. CM caught flash in Justice #7. I never seen CM's top speed but he has the Speed of Mercury the god of speed which I'm sure is above light speed.

D-Block
Originally posted by MattDay
the strange thing is if u changed all u've said about captain marvel so far and change it to superman it's sounds exactly the same, like "he hasn't tapped into his full power yet" and " he isn't at his full potential" if anyone remembers pre crisis superman, then u'd know superman isn't being written at full power... talk about blabbing on like some of u guys know what ur REALLY talking about, then u can bring a good arguement!

I remember Pre crisis supes the same one that was said to be Captain Marvel's equal

jmcnasty
just to let everyone know I read in a wizard magazine that superman top speed is 2000 miles per second the speed of sound.

I watch Pokemon
Originally posted by jmcnasty
just to let everyone know I read in a wizard magazine that superman top speed is 2000 miles per second the speed of sound.

He's much faster now. wink

Professor N
Originally posted by jmcnasty

The speed of sound is only about 330 metres a second, so around 750 miles per hour. not 2000 miles a second

Milkie
There are more then one Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury and more then one of every other Olympian god... there are millions...

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/7633/trialsofshazam002000bt8.jpg

Turok16
Yeah but I think we know who it means.

Ultraman Baltan
Oh, really? I find this funny coming from the idiot who got himself banned by posting a rather graphic 'PWNED' pic in the OFT. Go home, little child. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I didn't get banned for that, you dumb-ass.

batdude123
I didn't get banned for that, you dumb-ass.

Regardless, I'm not the one who got banned. I find it rather hypocritical for YOU of all people to be calling me a dumbass. smile

Milkie
Originally posted by Turok16
Yeah but I think we know who it means.

What?

Milkie

I just read Justice #7 and that is not what he said

Superman said: "The Flash and I have raced each other over and over again. I feel like he always let me win." "That was before his Metabolism was eating him alive. I could watch him disappear in the west and arrive in the east in the same breath. but you Bill, you have the speed of Mercury. A god can outrun The Fastest Man Alive. Maybe you can stop him without doing what your're planning. Just grab onto him."

Marvel said: "He's vibrating so fast, he can't be grabbed. But I have an idea."

Ultraman Baltan
Regardless, I'm not the one who got banned. I find it rather hypocritical for YOU of all people to be calling me a dumbass. smile

I got banned for being apart of a huge flame war. So fighting for what I believe in is being a dumbass? Boy, you must be a coward or something.

Juntai
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
He's much faster now. wink Not to mention that 2000 miles per second is FARRRRRRR faster than the speed of sound like that guy was saying, lol.
Sound travels around 770 miles per HOUR.

SpunkySmurph
I got banned for being apart of a huge flame war. So fighting for what I believe in is being a dumbass? Boy, you must be a coward or something.

You called him a dumbass, and he says the same thing so you call him a coward?

Dumbass...

mighty adam
the strange thing is if u changed all u've said about captain marvel so far and change it to superman it's sounds exactly the same, like "he hasn't tapped into his full power yet" and " he isn't at his full potential" if anyone remembers pre crisis superman, then u'd know superman isn't being written at full power... talk about blabbing on like some of u guys know what ur REALLY talking about, then u can bring a good arguement! ........... no expression please SHUT UP.

D-Block
Originally posted by Milkie
I just read Justice #7 and that is not what he said

Superman said: "The Flash and I have raced each other over and over again. I feel like he always let me win." "That was before his Metabolism was eating him alive. I could watch him disappear in the west and arrive in the east in the same breath. but you Bill, you have the speed of Mercury. A god can outrun The Fastest Man Alive. Maybe you can stop him without doing what your're planning. Just grab onto him."

Marvel said: "He's vibrating so fast, he can't be grabbed. But I have an idea."

Yep

batdude123
Originally posted by D-Block
Yep

Which again.... is not canon.

roughrider
Their speed seems about equal to me. Can't remember the last running feat I saw from Marvel.

D-Block

True But the only example that ever implied one to be faster.

Milkie

Even though it's not canon the way he displayed his speed was very much believeable even in the canon dc universe much like how Superman uses his Heat Vision in a canon and non canon universe.

D-Block
Even though it's not canon the way he displayed his speed was very much believeable even in the canon dc universe much like how Superman uses his Heat Vision in a canon and non canon universe.

This is True cool

newyorkcares
ee guy, have you read "first thunder?" Supes abilities like speed, senses and heat vision are above and beyond what marvel has. But marvel can suck up magic like a sponge and not flinch

D-Block
Originally posted by newyorkcares
ee guy, have you read "first thunder?" Supes abilities like speed, senses and heat vision are above and beyond what marvel has. But marvel can suck up magic like a sponge and not flinch

Yeah I own it and no where does it says his speed is far above CM's. It say's that he cruise the city a little faster not going all out. And CM had just got his powers. It sad that it was less than a year since Batman showed up.

Juntai
Justice's Flash is Barry.

Barry doesn't have the Speedforce.

And it's non canon.

D-Block
Originally posted by Juntai

And it's non canon.

Ok

Milkie

And it's non canon.

LOL

So

Speedforce or not Barry is still faster then Superman

batdude123
LOL

So

Speedforce or not Barry is still faster then Superman

In a noncanon book...

Milkie
NO

IN MY WORLD!

BATMAN!!!

D-Block

And it's non canon.

That's not the point the point is that supes knew he couldn't catch him so he asked Captain Marvel to do so.

Juntai
Originally posted by D-Block
That's not the point the point is that supes knew he couldn't catch him so he asked Captain Marvel to do so. But not in a continuity book.

Milkie
Marvel still has chancs to show of his speed in DC continuity

Juntai
Marvel still has chancs to show of his speed in DC continuity The Marvel's are about equal to Superman or ever so slightly under I would say, and both of them just under the Flash's, if you look in the Flash Jay Garrick vs Quicksilver thread, I posted the pics of Black Adam running alongside Jay Garrick.. Jay running his fastest is neck and neck with Superman.. which we saw once when Jay and Supes were trying to catch Wally who had a spell casted on him to have to be continuously running top speed. -- Black Adam's accerlation started to slow compared to Jay's at Mach 500, but was still only a handful of steps behind him as he approached lightspeed, but stumbled at that mark and fell. Black Adam is equal to Marvel in pretty much every way, in fact, it's been led on before on numerous occasions that me just may be even more powerful than Captain Marvel.

Milkie
The Marvel's are about equal to Superman or ever so slightly under I would say, and both of them just under the Flash's, if you look in the Flash Jay Garrick vs Quicksilver thread, I posted the pics of Black Adam running alongside Jay Garrick.. Jay running his fastest is neck and neck with Superman.. which we saw once when Jay and Supes were trying to catch Wally who had a spell casted on him to have to be continuously running top speed. -- Black Adam's accerlation started to slow compared to Jay's at Mach 500, but was still only a handful of steps behind him as he approached lightspeed, but stumbled at that mark and fell. Black Adam is equal to Marvel in pretty much every way, in fact, it's been led on before on numerous occasions that me just may be even more powerful than Captain Marvel.

I read that whole issue no expression Along with others.

MattDay
superman is faster, stronger, and smarter... imitations arent as good as the real deal, check out wikipedia DUDES!!! ROCK ON!

olympian
superman is faster, stronger, and smarter... imitations arent as good as the real deal, check out wikipedia DUDES!!! ROCK ON!

Its a good thing then, that CM isent an imitation. Thus why DC constantly show them as peers.

In a noncanon book...

In this case why would that matter? Superman isent/wasesnt faster than the Flash even in continuity.

batdude123
Originally posted by olympian
In this case why would that matter? Superman isent/wasesnt faster than the Flash even in continuity.

Without access to the speedforce? Are you kidding me? What the f**k? Superman would fly circles around Flash in that case.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.