JLA 1M vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
born of another thread. and don't give me none of this mythical 'full power galactus' crapola. this is the standard version of galactus, not the one that gets whooped by the avengers but not the one equal to eternity either. think about the one who stalemated inbetweener, stalemated mephisto and aggomotto in their realms and who kicked the keeper's chrome-like keester.

hourman does not have the whorlogogg (sp??) but everyone else has all their gadgets. if you happen to think he needs to, g can summon ss to help.

thoughts?

great_dane
Galactus and ss are some heavy dudes,.

but the whole jla 1million is way too much for them to handle

UniOmni
The biggest threats on JLA 1 Million are Batman and Superman.

WW was beaten by Big Barda...........ha!!

Against any other hero, i'd give Batsy the majority, but if Mephie can't take his soul and he's been trying for years, then i doubt this upstart can.

Superman 1 Million is powerful, but wasn't he hella weak to k-nite?? That can easily be created here, nullifying their biggest weapon.

I'd give Galactus the majority still.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni

Resurrection Man anyone? He could give himself any super power he wanted. Said to be equal to Phantom Stranger.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
Resurrection Man anyone? He could give himself any super power he wanted. Said to be equal to Phantom Stranger.

But what feats did he have that solidified this status??

embarrasment

Apoc can make the same claim, but he's still not that uber in the scheme of things....... evil face

Validus
But what feats did he have that solidified this status??

embarrasment

Apoc can make the same claim, but he's still not that uber in the scheme of things....... evil face
I've never been able to track down his solo series but his exact super power is the ability to return from death and overcome what killed him. At least in theory, if Galactus baked him with a blast of Power Cosmic, he'd come back with whatever power needed to beat him.

UniOmni
I've never been able to track down his solo series but his exact super power is the ability to return from death and overcome what killed him. At least in theory, if Galactus baked him with a blast of Power Cosmic, he'd come back with whatever power needed to beat him.

So he's essentially like Doomsday, Traitor and any other plot device?

sad

Validus
So he's essentially like Doomsday, Traitor and any other plot device?

sad
Basically.

UniOmni
Who do you think wins this battle Vally?

Considering we're using a good, decent version of Galactus?

Validus
Who do you think wins this battle Vally?

Considering we're using a good, decent version of Galactus?
Without Mitch the JLA is screwed. A good version of Galactus is easily busting multiple galaxies. If Mitch's power works how I think it does and how it's been described to me then he takes Galactus.

Galan777
Im going with JLA 1Million ftw

Avalonofthewind

WW was beaten by Big Barda...........ha!!

Against any other hero, i'd give Batsy the majority, but if Mephie can't take his soul and he's been trying for years, then i doubt this upstart can.

Superman 1 Million is powerful, but wasn't he hella weak to k-nite?? That can easily be created here, nullifying their biggest weapon.

I'd give Galactus the majority still.

None of the books that I have show or mention any weakness to kryptonite and his DNA is so different from a standard Kryptonian that the Fortress of Solitude didn't even register him as a decendant of EL.

Agreed, and on top of that, he can 'stack' powers. I believe it was at least 3 at once.

Thanos_THOTU
Superman 1M have a smal fraction of imp-power.
Batman is pretty smart.

But comparedto Galactus . . . I doubt it.

Juntai
Without Mitch the JLA is screwed. A good version of Galactus is easily busting multiple galaxies. If Mitch's power works how I think it does and how it's been described to me then he takes Galactus. My friend Brian has the solo series for Ressurection Man, but this thread will probably be long gone before I see him again and come up with anything. I only see him once a month, so it would take this month to tell him to bring it, then next month to get it.

Ext@nt
Originally posted by Galan777
Im going with JLA 1Million ftw

Imagine my suprize,

As said Galatcus appears to be immune to soul stealing, bye bye bats.

And I think he would just feats on Supes 1 mill.

the rest of the team cant do anything to him.

Avalonofthewind
JLA 1M for the win.

They have some pretty nasty tech and if Doom can steal Galactus power, I'm pretty sure Bats 1M with his ridiculously high IQ could pull off something similar.

bigbran
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
JLA 1M for the win.

They have some pretty nasty tech and if Doom can steal Galactus power, I'm pretty sure Bats 1M with his ridiculously high IQ could pull off something similar. That was a future Doom. Plucked out of the future timeline.
Do you also notice any prep involved in this battle?

Galactus for the win.
He destroyed galaxies(countless) at his good showings.
He one shotted a guy, that one shotted Dr Strange, beat Nova, Surfer together.
He has been said to be an equal of Death, and treated as so by Eternity.
He stalemated the same guy that embarressed Death.
Blah, blah, blah, Galactus wins.

Galan777
Originally posted by Ext@nt
Imagine my suprize,

As said Galatcus appears to be immune to soul stealing, bye bye bats.

And I think he would just feats on Supes 1 mill.

the rest of the team cant do anything to him. nah, Galactus has fallen to MUCH lesser beings then the entire JLA 1Million....... The JLA takes this IMO

TheWatchdog
Galen in his fighy with tyrant where blowing away hole galaxies bye accident...

galen can transmutate these guys into jelly donuts...galen is evenly matched with mephisto...

guy is gonna wreap some heavy chaos on the jla one miil..donno much about superman one mil though

is he guy with the gl ring that created a hole bunch of planets constructs or something?

bigbran
Originally posted by TheWatchdog
Galen in his fighy with tyrant where blowing away hole galaxies bye accident...But you don't think he can destroy adamantium??

galen can transmutate these guys into jelly donuts...galen is evenly matched with mephisto...
That was one fight. Galactus would blow Meph in half.

Galan777
donno much about superman one mil though

is he guy with the gl ring that created a hole bunch of planets constructs or something? Supes Prime is who you are thinking of. He was shown on about 5 pages total, but he possesses the "last GL ring", he one shoted Solaris, helped bring back Lois, and created a new Krypton from a chunk of the old Krypton given to him by Hourman III, and he somehow managed to seemingly create all of the old population of Krypton (inc. his father Jor-El)

TheWatchdog
Originally posted by bigbran
But you don't think he can destroy adamantium??

That was one fight. Galactus would blow Meph in half.

destroy it? i'vr always thought it..he turns into a jelly donut

meph in his own realm i always thought was either comeptly omnipotent..or had supreme control over it.

i know in one fight they tied..in another the living trunbal had to actually intervein and tell them both to stop..or the destruction would be irreperable

so i really dont know what would happen..its a possible a fully feed peak of his power galen would kill his ass..

TheWatchdog
Originally posted by Galan777
Supes Prime is who you are thinking of. He was shown on about 5 pages total, but he possesses the "last GL ring", he one shoted Solaris, helped bring back Lois, and created a new Krypton from a chunk of the old Krypton given to him by Hourman III, and he somehow managed to seemingly create all of the old population of Krypton (inc. his father Jor-El)

it's funny..people consider him barely even with a skyfather

witch i dont understand at all...but thanks..so superman one million is the one who is..stronger then his pre crisses counterpart? but dosent posses any aditional powers?

Galan777
it's funny..people consider him barely even with a skyfather

witch i dont understand at all...but thanks..so superman one million is the one who is..stronger then his pre crisses counterpart? but dosent posses any aditional powers? The Superman Dynasty (inc. Supes 1Million) was superpowered by Superman Prime so that he could better protect the earth. On top of this enormous increase in power, supes 1million obtained 10 new abilities gained from the Superman Dynasty's marriage to the Queen of the imps..... some of his new abilities enabeled him to control numerous minds at once, process billions of thoughts at once, etc, etc

and yes supes 1million is MUCH stronger then the superman of the past (who eventually becomes Superman Prime, its wierd i know!) wink

bigbran
destroy it? i'vr always thought it..he turns into a jelly donut No he blasts it apart. He doesn't need to transmute it.

meph in his own realm i always thought was either comeptly omnipotent..or had supreme control over it. That has to be why Surfer dominated him, a whole bunch of times in his own realm.

i know in one fight they tied..in another the living trunbal had to actually intervein and tell them both to stop..or the destruction would be irreperable Galactus had won the first one, by using a method that Mephisto couldn't fight against.
I don't remember this LT one though.

so i really dont know what would happen..its a possible a fully feed peak of his power galen would kill his ass.. Surfer kicks Meph's ass. What fo you think someone that has one shotted Surfer 3 times (at the minimum) is going to do? Mind you, I would like the one that can fight Galactus to be the real deal, but too many showings say differently.

TheWatchdog
No he blasts it apart. He doesn't need to transmute it.

That has to be why Surfer dominated him, a whole bunch of times in his own realm.

Galactus had won the first one, by using a method that Mephisto couldn't fight against.
I don't remember this LT one though.

Surfer kicks Meph's ass. What fo you think someone that has one shotted Surfer 3 times (at the minimum) is going to do? Mind you, I would like the one that can fight Galactus to be the real deal, but too many showings say differently.

a hole bunch of times? pis epsecially because he has taken the sufurs soul hostage..well theres that and the fact that the surfur got some weird nomilie about him that seems to mess with peoples ability to jerk with his mind and soul

it was during the mephisto versus series..the living yribunal was afraid of mephsito..going to far in that fight and doing something that would damage the cosmos beyond repair..i dont remember the exact dialog but i remember..the tribunal seemed more concerned with mephusto being an ass and getting to carried away then he was about galen pwning him

it all depends alot of his losses are total pis..or badly written when done right both galen and mephsito are total beasts

bigbran
a hole bunch of times? pis epsecially because he has taken the sufurs soul hostage..well theres that and the fact that the surfur got some weird nomilie about him that seems to mess with peoples ability to jerk with his mind and soul How is this pis?
He really has no showings to say otherwise. Surfer has always come on top over him. Even when he had no soul, he still beat the Christ out of him.
I say it's pis, for him to stand up to Galactus. Galactus created Surfer, Surfer pawns the shit out of Meph.

it was during the mephisto versus series..the living yribunal was afraid of mephsito..going to far in that fight and doing something that would damage the cosmos beyond repair..i dont remember the exact dialog but i remember..the tribunal seemed more concerned with mephusto being an ass and getting to carried away then he was about galen pwning him LT afraid of Mephisto? That kind of ruins the series. I would also like to see scans. I also bet this is a non canon thing.

it all depends alot of his losses are total pis..or badly written when done right both galen and mephsito are total beasts Galactus actually has a lot of good showings. They just never get brought up in debates.

TheWatchdog
How is this pis?
He really has no showings to say otherwise. Surfer has always come on top over him. Even when he had no soul, he still beat the Christ out of him.
I say it's pis, for him to stand up to Galactus. Galactus created Surfer, Surfer pawns the shit out of Meph.

LT afraid of Mephisto? That kind of ruins the series. I would also like to see scans. I also bet this is a non canon thing.

Galactus actually has a lot of good showings. They just never get brought up in debates.

i do bring them up i;ve noticed his good showings are few and far between

as for the lt not afraid of him as omg this guys gonna kill me..it was more like..holy crap this morons going to destroy a good chunk of the universe if i dont step ihn kind of afraid..not of his own safety..just of everything else.

naww because he has taken heralds hostage before..and kept their souls..hell that was the hole reason galactus..had to fight him the first time he had..the guys soul surfur..and galactus knew that he;ld keep it if he didnt step in

and then he only beat him because galen started eating mephisto realm..thats when mephsito realized he;d be out of a job and a house..so there no point in doing anything other then giving in

,ephisot gets underated i'm not saying he ubbers alls..i;m just saying he;s not a chump..and is as much a vicitm of bad writing as galen is

bigbran
i do bring them up i;ve noticed his good showings are few and far between If you take a bunch of low showings, then balance them in between the bad ones, you would get an average showing.
Mephisto's unfortunatly, isn't that for him to challenge Galactus. I would love for him to be at that level.

as for the lt not afraid of him as omg this guys gonna kill me..it was more like..holy crap this morons going to destroy a good chunk of the universe if i dont step ihn kind of afraid..not of his own safety..just of everything else. LT doesn't usually step in, when people are only destroying a couple things in a universe.
Was this book non canon?

naww because he has taken heralds hostage before..and kept their souls..hell that was the hole reason galactus..had to fight him the first time he had..the guys soul surfur..and galactus knew that he;ld keep it if he didnt step in
I know what happened. He had Surfer. Galactus stepped in.
But the thing is, that Surfer has beat him before in his own realm.
Mephisto was also made to be Surfer's villain really. He can't beat his main target, why can he beat a person that can backhand Surfer out?

and then he only beat him because galen started eating mephisto realm..thats when mephsito realized he;d be out of a job and a house..so there no point in doing anything other then giving in I know. Galactus beat him in a way that Mephisto couldn't fight against.

,ephisot gets underated i'm not saying he ubbers alls..i;m just saying he;s not a chump..and is as much a vicitm of bad writing as galen is Yes he is. But Galactus has some good showings. Mephisto does not really.

TheWatchdog
If you take a bunch of low showings, then balance them in between the bad ones, you would get an average showing.
Mephisto's unfortunatly, isn't that for him to challenge Galactus. I would love for him to be at that level.

LT doesn't usually step in, when people are only destroying a couple things in a universe.
Was this book non canon?

I know what happened. He had Surfer. Galactus stepped in.
But the thing is, that Surfer has beat him before in his own realm.
Mephisto was also made to be Surfer's villain really. He can't beat his main target, why can he beat a person that can backhand Surfer out?

I know. Galactus beat him in a way that Mephisto couldn't fight against.

Yes he is. But Galactus has some good showings. Mephisto does not really.

it was mainstream six sixteen mu contouety yes..it was his own little mini series

and no the lt was worried he would destrty everything..

your right about mephistos showing but i dont thnk he apears that much..and he is usually vicitm of bad writing

i dont know..on one hand..guys like doc strange..say things like "bye the gods..mephisto is to much for me"

on other thand..norin rad ansd guys like the gohster rider have punked him

on one hand..galen eats his realm for a phyric victory..on the other hand the lt..is genuinly cocnerned he'll end the unverse or something

the character is a haze of contradictions

darthgoober
Ok, I'll be the one to set the record strait about Mephisto. First of all, in the "Mephisto vs " mini series, LT is in no way shape or form afraid of Mephisto. He DOES stop in to warn Mephisto that he's coming dangerously close to violating some ancient pact, and if he does, LT will have to intervene. But he was just letting him know for Mephisto's own sake.

Also, Mephisto DOES have a good record against Surfer combat wise. However Mephisto is more interested in capturing Norrin's should than destroying him(which is why Surfer's still alive in fact). Within the next day or two I'll be opening a Mephisto respect thread to cover all of this in detail, so you guys should check it out once I do.

TheWatchdog
Originally posted by darthgoober
Ok, I'll be the one to set the record strait about Mephisto. First of all, in the "Mephisto vs " mini series, LT is in no way shape or form afraid of Mephisto. He DOES stop in to warn Mephisto that he's coming dangerously close to violating some ancient pact, and if he does, LT will have to intervene. But he was just letting him know for Mephisto's own sake.

Also, Mephisto DOES have a good record against Surfer combat wise. However Mephisto is more interested in capturing Norrin's should than destroying him(which is why Surfer's still alive in fact). Within the next day or two I'll be opening a Mephisto respect thread to cover all of this in detail, so you guys should check it out once I do.

you sure it was for his own sake? i remember it being more "yo calm down before you do something stupid"

i mean if i am wrong i am wrong

darthgoober
you sure it was for his own sake? i remember it being more "yo calm down before you do something stupid"

i mean if i am wrong i am wrong
Well, he was warning Mephisto that he was coming dangerously close to violating the pact, and that if Mephisto overstepped his bounds, LT was going to do something about it. So I guess it might not have been for Mephisto's sake per se, but it was a warning that was in Mephisto's best intrest to follow. I was mostly point out that LT wasn't afraid of him.

TheWatchdog
Originally posted by darthgoober
Well, he was warning Mephisto that he was coming dangerously close to violating the pact, and that if Mephisto overstepped his bounds, LT was going to do something about it. So I guess it might not have been for Mephisto's sake per se, but it was a warning that was in Mephisto's best intrest to follow. I was mostly point out that LT wasn't afraid of him.

i never said he was..i mean the guy suposedly could have beaten adam warlock with the IG so..obviously i mean...theres nothing he can do to the lt

but it looked like it was more "if you keep doing this..things will go to far out of hand..and then i am going to stop you"

Avalonofthewind
That was a future Doom. Plucked out of the future timeline.
Do you also notice any prep involved in this battle?

Galactus for the win.
He destroyed galaxies(countless) at his good showings.
He one shotted a guy, that one shotted Dr Strange, beat Nova, Surfer together.
He has been said to be an equal of Death, and treated as so by Eternity.
He stalemated the same guy that embarressed Death.
Blah, blah, blah, Galactus wins.

Bats 1M>Doom...he wasn't plucked from THAT far in the future.

Plus it says they get all their gadgets.

Swanky-Tuna
Doom stole Galactus' powers with Galactus' own equipment. And he may or may not of had to have someone show him where it was. But I might be confusing that part with how the FF got the nullifier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.