Darth Bane and Darth Revan versus ROTS Anakin and ROTS Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
This is Bane with orbalisks.

Fight on!

San'Doria
bane would kick all of their ass, not to forget in the legacy series when krayt summoned banes spirit, banes face was covered with mask which i believe is orbalisks, pod bane looks geeky, legacy bane kicks ass

Kas'Im
Bane and Revan own them, this is overkill.

Darth Subjekt
once bane is done with Anakin and OB1, he kills Revan for fun.

Quinlan_Vos
Bane cannot kill Revan my friend.

Kas'Im
Revan would most likely take Bane.

Darth Subjekt
hmmmm...ok well then switch my answer then.

Quinlan_Vos
Anyway, this thread is over. Revan and Bane win.

San'Doria
well i believe bane can mop the floor with revans ass throught lightsaber combat, the orbalisk makes bane technically invincible for saber combat

Quinlan_Vos
Maybe with orbalist Bane "could" win, however I still believe Revan takes this.

San'Doria
nah, bane because he was the one who pulled of those moves, revan did nothing cept his stupid force lightning storm on rakata prime,

Quinlan_Vos
Well you can mention that in the Bane vs. Revan thread smile

Escape81
Zephiel, pardon me for asking, but why make a thread like this?

I could see if it were a sheer lightsaber match and Bane was without his armor, but this is sheer overkill and you know it.

Kas'Im
Originally posted by Escape81
Zephiel, pardon me for asking, but why make a thread like this?

I could see if it were a sheer lightsaber match and Bane was without his armor, but this is sheer overkill and you know it. laughing laughing

I don't know why, but this made me lol.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Kas'Im
Bane and Revan own them, this is overkill.

You're right, Bane could just thought bomb their asses.

Darth Subjekt
that would also kill him though.

Blue_Hefner
He's survived it before spontaneously I may say.

Darth Subjekt
this is true, but that was someone elses. Dont you think one coming from him might have more of an affect on him? or not?

Escape81
laughing laughing

I don't know why, but this made me lol.

*thinks to self that Zephiel made this because he is a KotoR-Bane-era fanboy, and has some surpressed issues regarding their power status*

*thinks to self that a thread about LotF Luke vs. Revan or another DE Sidious vs. Revan thread should be made to poke fun that Revan would get owned by these two.*

laughing laughing laughing

Edit: I was kidding about the first part, for reference. But not the second. stick out tongue

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
this is true, but that was someone elses. Dont you think one coming from him might have more of an affect on him? or not?

I guess it would but at least he'd win.

Deus Venèficus
I believe this thread was spawned from EoD in which Lightsnake claimed that Anakin and Obi would take Bane down hard...

But whatever.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Escape81

darthsith19
Dooku fought these two, pwnd Kenobi and lost to Anakin due to the fact that Anakin used his anger. Since Bane is stronger than Dooku he could pwn Kenobi just as easily and then take Anakin. Then add in the fact that Bane has his Orbalisks and he's easily beat Anakin. And then you add in Revan, who is even stronger than Bane with the Orbalisks and you have Obi-Wan and Anakin getting pwnd in >15 seconds.

Darth Sexy
Bane wasn't a lightsaber prodigy so it's very unlikely he would be able to take these two in a saber fight. WIth the force, it's more than possible.

Kas'Im
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Bane wasn't a lightsaber prodigy so it's very unlikely he would be able to take these two in a saber fight. WIth the force, it's more than possible.

Proof? He is most likely a prodigy considering how quickly he progressed, and the fact that he was able to match Kas'IM at the end.

darthsith19
Yeah, and with his orbalisks he's nearly unstoppable in saber combat.

Deus Venèficus
In a sheer lightsaber match? They certainly have a chance. In an all out fight with Revan backing Bane as well? Nope.

It was an all out fight.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Escape81

Darth Sexy
Proof? He is most likely a prodigy considering how quickly he progressed, and the fact that he was able to match Kas'IM at the end.

Most likely a prodigy? That doesn't really cut it Kas'im. Revan was considered a prodigy, so was Kun, Mace, etc. There was nothing stating Bane was an exceptional duelist. And he WASNT able to match Kas'im at the end, because Kas'im ended up pwning him with his Jar'kai style.

Kas'Im
Most likely a prodigy? That doesn't really cut it Kas'im. Revan was considered a prodigy, so was Kun, Mace, etc. There was nothing stating Bane was an exceptional duelist. And he WASNT able to match Kas'im at the end, because Kas'im ended up pwning him with his Jar'kai style.

1. Just because he isn't stated to be a prodigy, doesn't mean he wasn't.
2. Logic points to him being a prodigy.
3. The fact that he was able beat Kas'Im with his saber staff works for me too.

Darth Sexy
1. Just because he isn't stated to be a prodigy, doesn't mean he wasn't.
2. Logic points to him being a prodigy.
3. The fact that he was able beat Kas'Im with his saber staff works for me too.

1. Sorry, you can't parade the "Absence of proof isn't proof of absence" theory. Nothing points to him being a prodigy, and he did start at a late age. What is proven is his incredible force abilities.
2. No, logic doesn't.. Good try though
3. He didn't beat Kas'im, I don't know what book you're reading. It was an even fight even when Bane KNEW the temple and Kas'im didn't. And when Kas'im undid his blades into twin blades, he WTFPwned bane.

Mesirus
bane could kick revan hard. revan is overrated methinks

Quinlan_Vos
Why? Revan has been shown as master of Sith ways and powers. He's the one mastermind behind Bane's uberness. Bane wouldn't have reached his status and formulated the Rule of Two if not for Revan. In addition, Revan seems to be shown as a powerful Dark Side user. I would even say that KOTOR DS Revan could truly show how powerful Darth Revan is.

Kas'Im
1. Sorry, you can't parade the "Absence of proof isn't proof of absence" theory. Nothing points to him being a prodigy, and he did start at a late age. What is proven is his incredible force abilities.
2. No, logic doesn't.. Good try though
3. He didn't beat Kas'im, I don't know what book you're reading. It was an even fight even when Bane KNEW the temple and Kas'im didn't. And when Kas'im undid his blades into twin blades, he WTFPwned bane.

1. Excuse me? You can't just place one duelist over another because they were stated to being a prodigy or not, Kas'Im wasn't ever labelled as a prodigy, it's pretty obvious that he was.

2. Yes it does, and if you were a logical guy, you would know. The fact that he got so good so quick at such a late stage, and the amount he progressed in those three years speaks for itself.

3. The temple was only actually stated to give him an advantage in the way that Kas'Im couldn't escape from it, that's all (The Blade became desperate... seeking only to escape with his life. But he didn't know the temple like Bane did. Bane kept the routes to the outside cut off, slowly herding his opponent into a dead-end hallway). It was never stated to be a huge factor in their duel, only superior force mastery was stated to be an advantage that Bane had, that was the only factor mentioned

And how was it an even fight? Did you miss the descriptions of how bane continuously drove Kas'Im back (The Blademaster continued to give ground, pushing inexorably back by the raging storm of Bane's onslaught, Only some unexpected maneuver could save Kas'Im, but they had fought too many times in the past for him to surprise Bane now.)? Or how Bane knew that he was winning (Bane knew there was no other exit, and he paused at the threshold of the room to savor his victory), and how Kas'Im knew that Bane could have killed him if he hadn't stopped to gloat (you should have finished me when you had the chance)?
Bane was clearly winning in their duel, the only thing that gave Kas'im the edge was his dual sabers, which bane had never properly gone up against - the weapon was alien to him, so this speaks nothing of his dueling abilities. Did you completely miss read the many descriptions in the book where Kas'Im explains how big an advantage fighting with a weapon that is unfamiliar with the opponent is?

Darth Sexy
1. Excuse me? You can't just place one duelist over another because they were stated to being a prodigy or not, Kas'Im wasn't ever labelled as a prodigy, it's pretty obvious that he was.
Uh you missed the part where Kas'im was stated as the best of the order and probably the best ever.. Try again..

no

What you just mention in no way means Bane won the fight, and that Bane knew the temple well and countered Kas'ims stuff. Then Kas'im beat his ass..

I guess you missed the part where Kas'im took out his twin blades and skull****ed Bane.

Kas'Im
And Bane was able to outclass Kas'Im at the end after only a few years of trainin, so what does that tell you?

Wonderful argument.

That's because I do that in the next post, how about you reply to it.

I just explained how it was never stated to give Bane an advantage, try again.

In other words he was beating Kas'IM.

I guess you decided not to reply to the resy of my post...

Now again, twin blades were unfamiliar to Bane, they were an unfair added advantage that Kas'Im received. The only way we can judge how they compare as swordsman is when they fought before, and Bane was winning.

Darth Sexy
And Bane was able to outclass Kas'Im at the end after only a few years of trainin, so what does that tell you?
That he knew the temple well and stalemated Kas'im because he wasn't able to get the ending blow in.

same to you

I guess you didn't read the book then when Bane was bushing Kas'im back because he knew the temple well..

You're not beating someone unless you get a blow in. He didn't get a blow in, neither did Kas'im, so until Kas'im took out his twin blades, it was a stalemate. I suggest you look up "win" and "stalemate" in the dictionary.

This just proves that Kas'im WAS a lightsaber prodigy because he knew ALL forms and has perfected them all. Bane was NOT winning, so I don't get this "Bane was a prodigy" crap.

Kas'Im
The temple was never stated to be an added advantage in their duel. He never got a finishing blow in because he wanted to savor his victory, and toy with him, like he did to Sirak.

Provide evidence dumbo, it only states that he was able to ensure that Kas'Im couldn't escape because he knew the temple better and was able to force him into a dead end. To deny it was an advantage would be foolish to state the least, but if it was a significant advantage whatsoever, it would have been stated so.

Do I need to even reply to this? I think the stupidity of the post speaks for itself. Clearly you do not understand the concept of outperforming another in a duel, doesn't mean you have to have won to be beating them, just that you are performing better.

If you still can't comprehend the added advantage of an unfamiliar weapon, I see no reason to continue this.

Darth Sexy
The temple was never stated to be an added advantage in their duel. He never got a finishing blow in because he wanted to savor his victory, and toy with him, like he did to Sirak.
Hey, I didn't know that this was 'Assumptions 101". Except it CLEARLY stated that he KNEW the temple well and Kas'im didn't, thereby illustrating the point that it was INDEED an advantage for Bane. Furthermore, there was absolutely NOTHING about him wanting to savior the victory or that he could have taken out Kas'im early.. Stop making up bullshit.

Hey guess what, you just described an advantage!!

The only stupidity I see is in your faulty logic. Neither one of them was able to get ANY kind of a blow in. When Anakin fought Obiwan on Mustafar, neither one of them got a killing blow but Anakin got repeated hits in, signifying his superiority of Obiwan to a certain extent. In this fight NOBODY had the clear advantage, therefore it was a stalemate up until a certain point. What don't you understand?

And you have yet to prove how Bane was a prodigy, while Kas'im was.

zephiel7
Hence why I said that "it's overkill" and Zephiel was foolish to make a thread like it.

Who's the more fool Escape? The fool or the fool who follows ?

Escape81
Originally posted by zephiel7
Who's the more fool Escape? The fool or the fool who follows ?

Zephiel, lol, I don't follow you. Don't flatter yourself, man. You made a stupid thread. Why? Because you're a Revan fanboy. Why? Because you don't like it that he really didn't accomplish much, and Luke, Jacen, Kyp, and Sidious would all own him. sad

Darth Sexy
With all due respect Escape, it seems that you are the exact counterbalance of Zephiel's love for Revan..

Escape81
With all due respect Escape, it seems that you are the exact counterbalance of Zephiel's love for Revan..

Someone has to, lol.

As I said. I liked Revan. Up until this book. sad

San'Doria
Zephiel, lol, I don't follow you. Don't flatter yourself, man. You made a stupid thread. Why? Because you're a Revan fanboy. Why? Because you don't like it that he really didn't accomplish much, and Luke, Jacen, Kyp, and Sidious would all own him. sad

PWNED

zephiel7
Zephiel, lol, I don't follow you. Don't flatter yourself, man. You made a stupid thread. Why?

Because I knew the outcome? I was guaging the opinion of those in the thread stick out tongue

Disagreed. stick out tongue

Disagreed for Kyp and Jacen. I still don't know enough about Jacen to put him above Revan. Kyp I do know enough about, and I still wouldn't put him over Jacen.

Escape81
Originally posted by zephiel7
Because I knew the outcome? I was guaging the opinion of those in the thread stick out tongue

Okay. So lemme make another DE Sidious vs. Revan. I know the outcome. Revan dies the moment Palpatine puts off a Force Storm. Or Luke vs. Revan. Then Luke spreads Revan's molecules all over the galaxy.

Doesn't surprise me.

Rofl. Kyp would annihilate Revan. Jacen is second only to Luke by LotF (being above Kyp), meaning he'd slaughter him too.

San'Doria
Okay. So lemme make another DE Sidious vs. Revan. I know the outcome. Revan dies the moment Palpatine puts off a Force Storm. Or Luke vs. Revan. Then Luke spreads Revan's molecules all over the galaxy.

Doesn't surprise me.

Rofl. Kyp would annihilate Revan. Jacen is second only to Luke by LotF (being above Kyp), meaning he'd slaughter him too.

agreed

Darth Sexy
To be fair, Kyp's force powers aren't shown enough to gauge his overall abilities as opposed to Revan's. I for one, think Revan is superior to Kyp. However Jacen is a different case. I believe as of LOTF, he's the second most powerful jedi ever..

zephiel7
They would win, I admit. Does it look like I care though?

LOL

Care to back up this assertion? Prove up

It's quite clear you are anti Revan.

Since I am not certain of the subject matter in this case, show me the proof. Show me what Jacen is capable of. I remain undecided on the matter.

Escape81
Win? Try slaughter.

It's quite clear that you're a Revan fanboy. So what?

Kyp was second only to Luke until Jacen came along. Luke also, for a while, thought Kyp's potential surpassed his own.

Omniscient narrarator: "Jacen surpassed them all now, except for Luke."

He did battle and held his own against a Force Phantom of Luke, which was stated to match Luke in power.

zephiel7
Again, does it look like I care though?

Oh wow... By how far was he in second?

Point moot.

Oh my. Thought that his potential surpassed his own. A very convincing bit of proof you have here. roll eyes (sarcastic) Skywalker thought that Kyp had more potential means jack until it is confirmed. Anakin had more potential than anyone in SW. I suppose he tools DE Sidious.

Oh wow... By how far was he in second?

Show me the quote. Show me what the phantom was capable. Show me that this phantom of Luke would try and kill Jacen Solo when it would seem illogical for Luke to try and kill his nephew. Passages would be nice.

Darth Sexy
If it's in legacy I haven't read it yet, just got the first two books. But there's very little doubt that Jacen already is #2, and has the possibility of matching Luke. For a while there I thought Jacen was going to be the one that eventually kills Luke but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Either way you two should stop arguing. I admit I'm a Revan/Ragnos fan but that should in no way affect my judgement nor create bias in an argument.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.