Tulak hord vs Kasim

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

San'Doria
ok so the greatest lightsaber duelist of the sith as kreia claimed vs the legendary saber dueler kasim, theres no reason for kreia to lie

overlord
Meh.. Tulak Hord threads usually aren't well recieved due to no-one knowing anything worth while about him.

Quinlan_Vos
We don't know anything about Tulak Hord. He might have been the greatest for his time, but we don't know how advanced saber dueling was at that time.

Kas'Im was considered one of the greatest in his time, especially in the martial era of Jedi vs. Sith

I would say kas'im takes this.

San'Doria
when already kreia said the great masters of that era(the kotor era) are children compared to him? why would she want to lie anyways

Quinlan_Vos
Are you saying that Sion is a little child compared to Tulak Hord. I highly doubt it. Kreia, while smart, probably got her facts messed up. Besides, how do you she isn't meaning something like power, not Force skill.

Kas'Im
Tulak Hord is too much of an unknown. I'd have to give this to Kas'Im, however there's no real way of knowing. This is a pure saber fight right?

I mean sure he was said to have a unique style which seemingly was beyond the level of the standard jedi saber forms, and sure he was the best lightsaber dueler ever to Kreia's knowledge, however Kas'im has been stated to be possibly the best ever by the omniscient narrator at a point much later in time, he has mastered all seven forms and refined them over decades to perfection, and has mastered the wielding of not only 1 saber, but the saber staff and dual sabers as well.

San'Doria
o and not to forget the great masters of the kotor era? she said "compared to the ancient sith, we are as if children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old masters" and she even said that the ancient sith(tulak) was a true master of lightsaber dueling, and he was powerful enough until his tomb got built in korriban

Quinlan_Vos
Hmm, well if she meant "we" as in herself and Exile, then I guess Tulak must be better in saber dueling. STill I go for Kas'Im.

San'Doria
we as in revan and all the great masters of the kotor era and considering sion and revan are remarkable duelers we can get a brief idea of how strong tulak is, and she already said he used the true form of saber combat, correct me if im wrong,

Kas'Im
She said he had a unique form, yes. However it was most likely hyperbole, sure she wouldn't have reason to lie, but doesn't mean she wouldn't exaggerate so as to make her words sound more poetic to her student's ears.

And she wasn't including Revan when she said that, and chances are that he obtained Tulak Hord's holocron and learnt the technique anyways.

San'Doria
again why would she do that, she was teaching the exile about the ancient sith, what were their talents and abilities, why were the tombs built for them, and why would she exaggerate? no reason to, simple

Kas'Im
Originally posted by San'Doria
again why would she do that, she was teaching the exile about the ancient sith, what were their talents and abilities, why were the tombs built for them, and why would she exaggerate? no reason to, simple

It was hyperbole, the old masters wouldn't make them look like kids exactly, that just doesn't make sense. It's most likely that she just wanted to be passionate, and sound poetic in front of her pupil. And a possible reason she might have to exaggerate their abilities would be so as to make the Exile prepare for the worst when up against them, so as to be prepared to do the best she could possibly ever do.

The fact that there are a bunch of reasons suggesting that Traya wasn't being 100% genuine should mean that you can't take the statement to seriously.

Quinlan_Vos
If Sion and Traya are "children" compared to Tulak, then Hord must be the greatest Sith in existence. Which in fact, is probably not true. Hence, her quote is a hyperbole.

San'Doria
again prove her quote is a hyperbole, both of u, you and kasim, again why would she want to exagerate and lie, a year ago wiki typed in that luke skywalker is a successor of tulak hord, now its erased,

Kas'Im
again prove her quote is a hyperbole, both of u, you and kasim, again why would she want to exagerate and lie, a year ago wiki typed in that luke skywalker is a successor of tulak hord, now its erased,

Did you not read my post? There are plenty of reasons to show that she wasn't being 100% genuine or serious when she said it, the fact that the statement itself is pretty out there should tell you that you shouldn't take it too seriously.

San'Doria

Kas'Im
Not to be rude or anything, just truthful, I'm not going to continue this until you actually start to make sense, I seriously can't understand half the stuff you say.

San'Doria
ok do you understand this? Kreia is a h-i-s-t-o-r-i-a-n, again, why would some one who studies the histories want to lie, you again cant prove it

Quinlan_Vos
But it doesn't make any sense. Based on one quote, I have to assume that Tulak Hord is probably the strongest Sith in existence!!! No way, it's probably false. Traya herself is powerful. If she's a child compared to Tulak, then Hord must be stronger than even DE Sidious, which is not true.

San'Doria
she said LIGTSABER SKILLs not power, the GREATEST LIGHTSABER DUELIST. and no nihilus is stronger than DE sidious

Quinlan_Vos
Traya, Exile, Nihilus, and Sion must be skilled swordsmen. I would say they are equal or even better than Maul in sword-fighting. And Maul's not that great. If Maul is a child in swordfighting compared to Tulak Hord, then Hord must be on par with Luke in swordfighting.

ESB, I agree that it makes sense. But one single quote that defines all of Hord doesn't mean it's literally ture.

San'Doria
well it has already been mentioned a year ago in wiki that the known successor of tulak hord is luke skywalker in terms of saber combat, now some1 erased it. again i ask why would kreia lie, she told the truth about marka, uthar,ajunta and nagasadow, gives her no reason to tell a lie

balanced_blade
well it has already been mentioned a year ago in wiki that the known successor of tulak hord is luke skywalker in terms of saber combat, now some1 erased it. again i ask why would kreia lie, she told the truth about marka, uthar,ajunta and nagasadow, gives her no reason to tell a lie

She was also able to correctly forsee the death of the LAST Mandalorian, she has some credibility...

Blue_Hefner
Pointless thread since we know very little about Tulak.

San'Doria
we so know she is a source for history, why the hell would she lie? she predicted mace windu would kill jango fett "tha last of the mandalorian too easily slain by a jedi" she even predicted the fall of the republic,

she was giving us an idea of how powerful the ancient sith were, look at swords, they r so heavy and yet the duelers could swing them like a lightsaber, yoda would have a hell hard time wielding a sith sword and yet if the ancient sith swung a lightsaber which is so much lighter, think of how fast it can be

Kas'Im
we so know she is a source for history, why the hell would she lie? she predicted mace windu would kill jango fett "tha last of the mandalorian too easily slain by a jedi" she even predicted the fall of the republic,

she was giving us an idea of how powerful the ancient sith were, look at swords, they r so heavy and yet the duelers could swing them like a lightsaber, yoda would have a hell hard time wielding a sith sword and yet if the ancient sith swung a lightsaber which is so much lighter, think of how fast it can be

I'm not saying she wold lie, just that there are plenty of reasons to suggest that she was exaggerating, so the fact that the statement is a bit out there means you shouldn't take it too seriously.

San'Doria
give me one reason she exaggerated, she didnt exaggerate about sadow, uthar, ludo and marka, why would she at tulak?

onewiththeforce
this takes place on korriban

could Kas'im do this

Eminence
No.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Eminence
No.

One of them might die. Maybe.

BTW, LOL @ Ivalice's struggles.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.