Any1 no y??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calagi
Just wonderein Does anyone know why BootStrap Bill Is called BootStrap bill??? cause me n ma dad was tryin 2 figure it ouyt the other night dwn the pub

Chiki Mina
Cus he wears boot strap boots lol i think. somenin like that.

calagi
lol im nt sure will w8 for more replys and c wot else pops up lol thx 4 dat

mondenschein
hey you, that's REALLY embarassing big grin

what are you two doing here in this POTC forum??
get outa here!

no, I was just joking wink
but:
have you ever seen POTC 1 ? ^^
Bootstrap Bill is called Bootstrap because Barbossa bound a cannon on his bootstrap when he sent him down into the sea, into Davy Jones' locker.

savvy?

Chiki Mina
Bootstrap had that nick alooong time ago. Barbossa starpped that cannon to bootstrap's bottstraps for that reason.

mondenschein
well then there's a big difference to the german version, because in the german one his name is explained like that.

I hate translations

sorry guys ^^

calagi
hmm lol ill go wiv dat 1 for now
lol ty 4 help hope get more replys :P

Mistypirate
I'M going w/ Chiki's theory. He got strapped by his bootstrap to a cannon and got thrown to the bottom of the ocean.

Oh and Welcome aboard smile Calagi

calagi
heh hi and thx but ive been told it explains its self in the 3rd 1 because in number 1 jack says i have always called him will and everyone else has called him BootStrap even before he's thrown over bored so im confused lol

Chiki Mina
Im not sure if Jack met bootstrap in tortuga or has known him as long as barbossa

mmoviejunkie
how long had he'd known barbossa?

Chiki Mina
they supposedly met in tortuga, I think. after Jack got his pearl. Then thats where he was looking for a crew and on their way to isla de muerta thats when barbossa convinced the crew to go against their captain and mutiny him.

mmoviejunkie
then why'd you say if he met bootstrap in tortuga or known him as long as he'd known barbossa?

Chiki Mina
oh wait....loool let me clear my head hear and rephrase.
I was asking if jack has known bootstrap as longas barbossa or met barbossa first then met bootstrap along with the cre who mutiny him.

Crap I need paper and pencil to make a time line and calculate lol.

mmoviejunkie
lol, okay i see now

Chiki Mina
uh.. I hope Im right.
After he got his pearl, Jack went to tortuga and met Barbossa.
Probably talked about the treassure of isla de muerta and decided to get a crew and among them is Bootstrap.
Um I believe this is where he goes to Tias hut and gets the compass to locate the treassure.
On their way to tortuga Barbossa and the crew maroons him on the island.
Bootstrap was against the mutiny and Barbossa tied the cannon to his bootstrap bc of his name, as a joke.

Tada, I think Im like 1/2 right hopefully lol

mmoviejunkie
that sounds good

even though i'd want to see what happens with jack and liz in the future after 3, i still want a to see jack's life before will and liz

does anyone know for sure what pirates 4 is? after or before?

Chiki Mina
I dont for sure...
There are some patterns and stuff but we can never be too sure.

mmoviejunkie
oh okay

Chiki Mina
All I can say from the patterns I see it would be concentrated more on the relationship with Jack/liz. And surely jack/liz will have a kid by movie 4-now im not sure.

I always imagined to be like The Mummy 2. They start with the hero and then a kid shows up spooking him, it turns out to be the hero and his girls kid like a surprise.

I kind of figure it would be like that in potc 4.

mmoviejunkie
i dont get the mummy thing-'cause i've only seen the first one

i like your quote in your sig. , is it from a song?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.