Sephiroth Vs. Kefka Palazzo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
Sephiroth tumbles through a portal after being defeated by Cloud. He lands in front of a huge tower constructed of rubble and debris. Miraculously, he has retained his full power and Safer Sephiroth form. Just then a massive power surge is felt from the top of the tower. Sephiroth climbs the tower and reaches the top. Kefka spots him and decides to deal with the intruder.

I can't stand Sephiroth, that's pretty well known. So I put him against one of my all time favorite Final Fantasy villains, everybody's favorite megalomanical nutcase, Kefka from FF6.

Sephiroth, well not much needs to be said. He's in his strongest form, Safer Sephiroth. All abilities and skills.

Kefka is in his most powerful form as well, the one from the end of FF6. He has his full power as the god and source of magic for the entire world.

The setting is the top of Kefka's tower. No matter who wins, one thing's for sure. There goes the neighborhood..... laughing out loud

Kefka vs. Sephiroth. Ready....., FIGHT!

Kaled
Sephiroth wouldn't need to climb he flies.

Sephiroth is superior to the admitidly very awesome Kefka in all ways, bar one. Kefka is better at dying

Mesirus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sephiroth tumbles through a portal after being defeated by Cloud. He lands in front of a huge tower constructed of rubble and debris. Miraculously, he has retained his full power and Safer Sephiroth form. Just then a massive power surge is felt from the top of the tower. Sephiroth climbs the tower and reaches the top. Kefka spots him and decides to deal with the intruder.

I can't stand Sephiroth, that's pretty well known. So I put him against one of my all time favorite Final Fantasy villains, everybody's favorite megalomanical nutcase, Kefka from FF6.

Sephiroth, well not much needs to be said. He's in his strongest form, Safer Sephiroth. All abilities and skills.

Kefka is in his most powerful form as well, the one from the end of FF6. He has his full power as the god and source of magic for the entire world.

The setting is the top of Kefka's tower. No matter who wins, one thing's for sure. There goes the neighborhood..... laughing out loud

Kefka vs. Sephiroth. Ready....., FIGHT!

hahaha you either live up seph's arse, or you hate him but don't have a clue about his power.

Sephiroth wins, this should be closed for being one sided

BackFire
Well, seeing as Kefka actually achieved his goal and destroyed/ruled the world. Kefka may be more powerful.

Regardless, Kefka is a much better villain.

Mesirus
er...... thats a longshot, sephiroth does have the most powerful attack any game has ever seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0d...ted&search=

is he? sephiroth is insane, mysterious, treachous and powerful that ticks all the boxes on best villian..... there should be a thread

Soljer
Originally posted by Mesirus
er...... thats a longshot, sephiroth does have the most powerful attack any game has ever seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0d...ted&search=

is he? sephiroth is insane, mysterious, treachous and powerful that ticks all the boxes on best villian..... there should be a thread

Most powerful attack?

Fallen one.

Nuff Said.

BackFire

More evidence that Sephiroth is just overrated.

He's your typical anime villian, brooding, quiet, mysterious, but with some sense of reason behind what he's doing. He's not really developed to the point where you hate him, he just has his own ideals tnat invovle ending the world, he's insane and thinks what he's doing is correct. He's not that hateable, which is backed up by so many people liking him or thinking that he's cool.

Kefka, on the other hand, has no deeper meaning behind his villainous acts. He's simply and purely evil. He just wants control, and he doesn't care how or what has to be destroyed to get it. In all my years of playing games he's the most well developed villain, and the end of the game you truly hate him, he's vile and disgusting with no redeaming value at all. He's the epitome of hate and evil.

When I say who the best villain is, it's not based on something as shallow as who's the most powerful, it's the one who does their job the best. The one who builds up the most tension between himself and our heroes. In this regard, Kefka stands alone.

And yes, Fallen one is an immensely powerful attack, on par with anything Sephiroth has.

Mesirus
Originally posted by Soljer
Most powerful attack?

Fallen one.

Nuff Said.

never heard of it, link it

Originally posted by BackFire
More evidence that Sephiroth is just overrated.

He's your typical anime villian, brooding, quiet, mysterious, but with some sense of reason behind what he's doing. He's not really developed to the point where you hate him, he just has his own ideals tnat invovle ending the world, he's insane and thinks what he's doing is correct. He's not that hateable, which is backed up by so many people liking him or thinking that he's cool.

Kefka, on the other hand, has no deeper meaning behind his villainous acts. He's simply and purely evil. He just wants control, and he doesn't care how or what has to be destroyed to get it. In all my years of playing games he's the most well developed villain, and the end of the game you truly hate him, he's vile and disgusting with no redeaming value at all. He's the epitome of hate and evil.

When I say who the best villain is, it's not based on something as shallow as who's the most powerful, it's the one who does their job the best. The one who builds up the most tension between himself and our heroes. In this regard, Kefka stands alone.

And yes, Fallen one is an immensely powerful attack, on par with anything Sephiroth has.

Hmmm dark element from Dark Chronicle is the bets at that.

Spehiroth did burning down cliud and tifa's home town and family, has been the cause of cloud, tifa, vincents and cait sith's suffering, but since i'm blind when its comes to story line on Kefka i have to intell to shut my mouth

Super nova is an awesome attack, heartless angel and shadow flare so kick ass attacks, he's on the brink of being unbeatable, all the video's you see on people beating him there have been cheats used or most of the battle deleted, he takes like half an hour to bring down even when at all lvl 99's

at the moment i'm doubting its even in Super Nova's league, but i'm a ready to be impressed

TricksterPriest
Where do you think Sin harvest and heartless angel came from? Kefka's fallen one, that's where. That was, to my knowledge, the first time Squaresoft had a villain with an attack like that. An attack that reduces you to 1hp regardless of stats, bonuses, spells, or equipment. There is no way to block it or avoid it. You don't even get to fight Kefka right away. You have to fight 3 bosses in a row, all of whom are very difficult, just to get to him. And he's more powerful than all of those 3 combined. And the 3 bosses you fight? They're the incarnations of the 3 godesses of magic for the entire world. AND KEFKA NOT ONLY BEAT THEM, HE ABSORBED ALL THEIR POWERS. He literally became the god of magic. Sephiroth has pretensions of god-hood. Guess what, Kefka IS AN ACTUAL GOD.

And finally, the characters in FF6 are far more powerful than the ones in FF7. In terms of abilities and magic. In magic, you are limited by the materia you have equipped in FF7. In FF6, theoretically, you can have every character in your party know every spell in the game with no restrictions. Ability-wise, FF7 has limit breaks. FF6 has unique skills. Such as mimic, which copies the last action with no additional cost. Or blitz, where you input street fighter style moves for high damage. Or runic, which blocks spells and gives mp to the character Celes. Anything you can think of FF7, 6 probably got to it first. And 6 did have limit breaks, albeit not as powerful. And with all that, Kefka was still immensely difficult. So yeah, I'm pretty sure Sephiroth is out-classed.

Oh and you asked for a link? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwMEcceVJw

Enjoy. smokin'

Mesirus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0dJhSH_LU

sephiroth heartless angel reduces health and mana to 0 no expression so thats improved.

yeah similar with seph, you fight ultimate jenova, bizzaro seph, safer seph (waaaaay the hardest) and then cloud omnislash normal seph for WTFPWN. Though most people who i know that played FF7 to the end even at full 99, could never beat safer seph

well my friend who learnt japanese just to play all of the FF's says sephiroth was the hardest and most powerful of all the ff bosses you thats my source.... whats yours?

nonetheless i'l ask him about it, but until then i am forced to believe sephiroth is like kefka 2.0

BackFire
You can one shot kill sephiroth with knights of the round or Omnislash.

Kefka did not go down in one hit. Even when you had characters maxed out it was still a challenge. Sephiroth was incredibly easy to beat. the first time I played through the game, i got none of my characters higher than level 77 and had no trouble destroying Sephiroth.

And my source? Playing all the FF games first hand. Sephiroth is in no way the most difficult boss. That's nonsense. The fact that you can one shot kill him defeats that theory right off the bat.

Anyways, all the things you mentioned, how he destroyed Cloud's hometown and what not, is all well and good. The problem lies in the fact that he simply disapeared from the story for a long while and is never heard from. Kefka was always at the forefront of the problems in FFVI. And his acts of evil far outweigh Sephs, from poisoning the water supply and killing Cyans wife and child, to achieving his goal of taking over the world and destroying it, he's unmatched in the FF universe as far as evil goes.

But don't get me wrong, Sephiroth is an outstanding villain, I'd easily place him second or third among villains in the final fantasy series, I just think he's a tad overrated for what he is/does.

Mesirus
You can one shot kill sephiroth with knights of the round or Omnislash. i couldn't sad

Kefka did not go down in one hit. Even when you had characters maxed out it was still a challenge. Sephiroth was incredibly easy to beat. the first time I played through the game, i got none of my characters higher than level 77 and had no trouble destroying Sephiroth. no your vid show'd hew was a right handful, as i say i'l have a word when i see him next.

And my source? Playing all the FF games first hand. Sephiroth is in no way the most difficult boss. That's nonsense. The fact that you can one shot kill him defeats that theory right off the bat. you did?? it took me 7 knights of the round to kill him and i was lvl 99 sad where you from? i'm from england, maybe the versions vary

Anyways, all the things you mentioned, how he destroyed Cloud's hometown and what not, is all well and good. The problem lies in the fact that he simply disapeared from the story for a long while and is never heard from. Kefka was always at the forefront of the problems in FFVI. And his acts of evil far outweigh Sephs, from poisoning the water supply and killing Cyans wife and child, to achieving his goal of taking over the world and destroying it, he's unmatched in the FF universe as far as evil goes. i suppose its to do with what makes the perfect villain, sephiroth very birth cause peoples lives to be ruined, i perfered sephiroth villainess, the way he pops back into the picture, and how the world was recovering when it had seemed he'd gone. I aslo loved the fact that he held a power over cloud that you didn't know what it was till near the end. mind you argueably Hojo was a bigger villianm but then jenova... its hard ^^ FF7 has 4 big villains in it, hard to say whos the most villainious, i mean seph the main sure, but still. i can easily see why kefka maybe perferrred

But don't get me wrong, Sephiroth is an outstanding villain, I'd easily place him second or third among villains in the final fantasy series, I just think he's a tad overrated for what he is/does. wouldn;t dream of, there are only a few bad villains

Soljer
i couldn't sad

no your vid show'd hew was a right handful, as i say i'l have a word when i see him next.

you did?? it took me 7 knights of the round to kill him and i was lvl 99 sad where you from? i'm from england, maybe the versions vary

i suppose its to do with what makes the perfect villain, sephiroth very birth cause peoples lives to be ruined, i perfered sephiroth villainess, the way he pops back into the picture, and how the world was recovering when it had seemed he'd gone. I aslo loved the fact that he held a power over cloud that you didn't know what it was till near the end. mind you argueably Hojo was a bigger villianm but then jenova... its hard ^^ FF7 has 4 big villains in it, hard to say whos the most villainious, i mean seph the main sure, but still. i can easily see why kefka maybe perferrred

wouldn;t dream of, there are only a few bad villains

It is common knowledge that Sephiroth's power scales a bit. I don't remember the exact numbers, but he MUCH more powerful if the average party level is 99..versus say....95.

But between 70-95 its about the same. And He's even easier if you're between like 40-70.

In fact, a NUMBER of people have complteted 7 with an average party level of...like...26. So there goes that theory.

Soljer
Looked it up. For each level 99 character you have, Safer Sephiroth will have an additional THIRTY THOUSAND Hit points, and a bit more attack/defense/etc.

For EACH.

Mesirus
After talking with my friend he says that sephiroth is harder than kefka. lvl 99 is the level most people fight him and its his power limit, using the argument that because you were a lower level means you didn't fight all of sephiroths wrath.

Raxarus
Where do you think Sin harvest and heartless angel came from? Kefka's fallen one, that's where. That was, to my knowledge, the first time Squaresoft had a villain with an attack like that. An attack that reduces you to 1hp regardless of stats, bonuses, spells, or equipment. There is no way to block it or avoid it. You don't even get to fight Kefka right away. You have to fight 3 bosses in a row, all of whom are very difficult, just to get to him. And he's more powerful than all of those 3 combined. And the 3 bosses you fight? They're the incarnations of the 3 godesses of magic for the entire world. AND KEFKA NOT ONLY BEAT THEM, HE ABSORBED ALL THEIR POWERS. He literally became the god of magic. Sephiroth has pretensions of god-hood. Guess what, Kefka IS AN ACTUAL GOD.
Magus was squaresofts first majorly powerful enemy

Kaled

And finally, the characters in FF6 are far more powerful than the ones in FF7. In terms of abilities and magic. In magic, you are limited by the materia you have equipped in FF7. In FF6, theoretically, you can have every character in your party know every spell in the game with no restrictions. Ability-wise, FF7 has limit breaks. FF6 has unique skills. Such as mimic, which copies the last action with no additional cost. Or blitz, where you input street fighter style moves for high damage. Or runic, which blocks spells and gives mp to the character Celes. Anything you can think of FF7, 6 probably got to it first. And 6 did have limit breaks, albeit not as powerful. And with all that, Kefka was still immensely difficult. So yeah, I'm pretty sure Sephiroth is out-classed. Ok is Kefka is so much strong why isn't he the world famous one? Sephiroths power transcends god-hood, his power could not even be broken by life force. Most poeple think sephiroth was a way tougher boss when you play the game fully, e.i killing the weapons, you usually end up about lvl 97 by the time you fight sephiroth, so the idea he's piss easy means you didn't play the game properly and thus opinion counts for nothing, its like says Link (OoT) vs Squall but its link before you complete the first boss.

ok so its http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwMEcceVJw

VS

sephiroth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkFphJHi608

Soljer
Uhhmm...I've beaten the entire game quite a few times, including doing some low level runs/speed runs/solo character runs/etc.

It is FAR from impossible to beat the game (and the weapons) at level 30.

Besides that, most people don't actively get to level 99 unless they are A. Anal, B. Cheat or C. REALLY suck at the game. It just isn't required. The first time I played through the game, I think I beat it around level 70 or so (so many years ago, >_&ltwink

So, seriously, unless you were just so terrible at the game that you needed to max out everything to even compete, quit acting like Sephiroth was really that hard. He wasn't. Hell, the weapons were harder, and even they weren't too difficult.

Kefka's only minus in this fight is his lack of popularity. Beyond that? Sephiroth had the power of a god. Kefka had the power of three. He embodied ALL magic - Sephiroth embodied the dark magic.

Kefka wins this. Sephiroth would shit his pants at the mere sound of Kefka's laughter.

EDIT: One last thing, we REALLY shouldn't base character's stats off of the game mechanics - it gets tricky. What about the games where 999 was the highest possible damage? Should we immediately assume that all the newer characters are over ten times as powerful? It should honestly be power based on the story. And Based on the story, Kefka would definitely come out ahead - even if he may have had less total hit points, based on sheer game mechanics.

IceJaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0dJhSH_LU

sephiroth heartless angel reduces health and mana to 0 no expression so thats improved.

yeah similar with seph, you fight ultimate jenova, bizzaro seph, safer seph (waaaaay the hardest) and then cloud omnislash normal seph for WTFPWN. Though most people who i know that played FF7 to the end even at full 99, could never beat safer seph

well my friend who learnt japanese just to play all of the FF's says sephiroth was the hardest and most powerful of all the ff bosses you thats my source.... whats yours?

nonetheless i'l ask him about it, but until then i am forced to believe sephiroth is like kefka 2.0 I wouldn't call Super nova a canon attack since he uses it multiple times which would mean the galaxy was blown to bits multiple times and if Super nova was that powerfull then he wouldn't need to use Meteor in the first place so it's most likely an illutionary attack since it doesn't instatnly kill anyone of Cloud's gang or Seph for that matter and that their planet is still there after getting swallowed by the sun.

Kaled
Uhhmm...I've beaten the entire game quite a few times, including doing some low level runs/speed runs/solo character runs/etc.

It is FAR from impossible to beat the game (and the weapons) at level 30.

Besides that, most people don't actively get to level 99 unless they are A. Anal, B. Cheat or C. REALLY suck at the game. It just isn't required. The first time I played through the game, I think I beat it around level 70 or so (so many years ago, >_&ltwink

So, seriously, unless you were just so terrible at the game that you needed to max out everything to even compete, quit acting like Sephiroth was really that hard. He wasn't. Hell, the weapons were harder, and even they weren't too difficult.

Kefka's only minus in this fight is his lack of popularity. Beyond that? Sephiroth had the power of a god. Kefka had the power of three. He embodied ALL magic - Sephiroth embodied the dark magic.

Kefka wins this. Sephiroth would shit his pants at the mere sound of Kefka's laughter. er actully you must suck at it, all the bosses scale, so if you level higher they get tougher, do it again and you'l see what i mean.

oh and plus

Originally posted by Kaled
the idea he's piss easy means you didn't play the game properly and thus opinion counts for nothing, its like says Link (OoT) vs Squall but its link before you complete the first boss.

annd icejaw

Originally posted by IceJaw
I wouldn't call Super nova a canon attack since he uses it multiple times which would mean the galaxy was blown to bits multiple times and if Super nova was that powerfull then he wouldn't need to use Meteor in the first place so it's most likely an illutionary attack since it doesn't instatnly kill anyone of Cloud's gang or Seph for that matter and that their planet is still there after getting swallowed by the sun.

its more out of disbelief of the power, it is just a huge fire attack. Sides sephiroth with all of his powers erm

EDIT: EDIT: One last thing, we REALLY shouldn't base character's stats off of the game mechanics - it gets tricky. What about the games where 999 was the highest possible damage? Should we immediately assume that all the newer characters are over ten times as powerful? It should honestly be power based on the story. And Based on the story, Kefka would definitely come out ahead - even if he may have had less total hit points, based on sheer game mechanics.

if i implied that i take it back, because all games run on different point levels, so most of the fights in the VS forums would be wrong

ESB -1138
Most powerful attack?

Fallen one.

Nuff Said.

Heartless Angel

Nuff Said

BackFire
After talking with my friend he says that sephiroth is harder than kefka. lvl 99 is the level most people fight him and its his power limit, using the argument that because you were a lower level means you didn't fight all of sephiroths wrath.

Well, now your friend is simply lying. Most people do NOT get to lvl 99 before completing the game. He just pulled that out of his ass.

And no, I've played the game numerous times since that first time, getting to level 99 at least once (to the people acting like it's some kind of challenge or a skillful act to get to lvl 99, it's not, it just takes time, a retarded monkey can do it) and have beaten Sephiroth at level 99, he's not much harder. Again, If you have Knights of the Round leveled up and Omnislash and have any semblence of strategy in your fight (I.E. not just trying to do as much damage as quickly as you can) then you'll beat him with ease.

Kaled
Well, now your friend is simply lying. Most people do NOT get to lvl 99 before completing the game. He just pulled that out of his ass.

And no, I've played the game numerous times since that first time, getting to level 99 at least once (to the people acting like it's some kind of challenge or a skillful act to get to lvl 99, it's not, it just takes time, a retarded monkey can do it) and have beaten Sephiroth at level 99, he's not much harder. Again, If you have Knights of the Round leveled up and Omnislash and have any semblence of strategy in your fight (I.E. not just trying to do as much damage as quickly as you can) then you'll beat him with ease.

Sorry i meant to say most people i know got to lvl before completnig the game, to beat the weapons for the master materia

no, but ff7 bosses all scale, so it just makes the game more of a challenge

i know full well the strategies of how to beat sephiroth, and he's not a pushover, no way

TricksterPriest
Compared to Kefka? I barely beat FF6. And you have to fight bosses galore in the tower. And 3 guys just to get to Kefka. None of whom are pushovers like Bizarro Jenova. There's no deus ex machina like Knights of the round. FF6 characters are potentially more powerful and Kefka is still tougher. I really can't see how Sephiroth wins.

Kaled
thats because your a sephiroth hater

TricksterPriest
The part on Sephiroth not having a chance? Fair enough. The part about Kefka being more powerful? No, I'm actually right on that one.

Kaled
you can't prove it one way or another, okies this will be my last arguementative post:

I'm backing sephiroth because if i've learn't anything from games its that they get more extreme, so it makes some sense to say that sephiroth is more powerful that kefka, PLEASE don't get me wrong, from what i've seen and know kefka does seem like an awesome villian. But i just think Sephiroth would be pushing the boundries of realities of FF in terms of his power. It is almost certain that at FF7 they started to tune it down because it would only ever be the same story different characters.

and when you said abosrbing the powers of 3 gods or goddesses is more powerful than someone who transcends god-hood.....look up the words transcends, it means to pass beyond the limits of, like in a new ballpark.

as i say thats all i have to say on the matter and i really think this is a good fight, so no hard feelings on opinions yeah?
thats all i'm giving here, my two cents i no longer think its possible to get you to change your mind wink

Superboy Prime
Sephiroth's only cool because he has a big ass sword, girly looks and fancy hair.

diva

Kero_Co
Kefka FTW!

IceJaw
Remember, they're both bosses so they're immune to instant death and status effects erm

Kaled
sephiroth was winning before the haters came big grin

but you should never join a thread just becacuse you hat someone in it erm

Soljer
Who said they hated Sephiroth?

Besides - while the bosses scale, they don't scale accurately enough. If you ARE level 99 while facing Sephiroth, the change is mostly due to HP. He's pathetically easy to beat, it just takes (quite) a bit longer.

Meh. Kefka still takes this.

Terra, Sabin, and Gogo would make Sephiroth look a fool.

Kaled
in other threads they;ve confessed stick out tongue no big-y

i still say sephiroth > kefka

.......no idea who they are sad

Kaled
anyway, my friend who you says knowledge is bullshit has pointed this out

http://www.nintendoland.com/home2.htm?deathmatches/fight_kefka_vs_sephiroth.htm

http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=3260196373

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=5435784&publicUserId=5645138

most everytime this has been done sephiroth wins, apparently SS has even said that sephiroth is the strongest baddie they've produced but i can't find that pages so i'm not trusting that infomation. Persoannly my Fave SS baddie is Magus.... he's the definition of awesome smile

BackFire
Yes, Magus is great.

I'm a bit stumped as to why some random page on 1up matters. It's just some random person's opinion. Same with Misterpoll, it's just a poll, so who cares?

If you want to just go by what's popular and nothing more, than be my guest, it holds little in the way of reasoning and evidence, though. Just because sephiroth is more popular doesn't mean he's actually a better villain.

Again, the reasoning I use when I say that Kefka is the better villain is:

1. He achieved his goal, he conquered the world and ruled over it for a period of time.

2. He's difficult to defeat no matter your level.

3. His evil is much more grotesque and monstrous. He's the epitome of evil. Sephiroth just kinda lost his way and went insane with what he discovered, Kefka is just a terrible person who craves power and carnage. He is evil incarnate.

4. He's clever and cowardly. While Sephiroth may be a bit stronger physically, Kefka's wit and cunning outweigh Seph's, I think. He tricks people into trusting him, than uses that trust to destroy them and gain more power.

5. His laugh is the thing of legend.

6. He's developed, as far as the story goes, in a much better fashion than Sephiroth. The tension between him and the heroes of the game is so thick by the end, it literally feels like a culminating, end all battle between the forces of good and evil. It is chilling when the final battle comes, which has been in the making for literally the entire game.

Kaled
Yes, Magus is great.

I'm a bit stumped as to why some random page on 1up matters. It's just some random person's opinion. Same with Misterpoll, it's just a poll, so who cares?

If you want to just go by what's popular and nothing more, than be my guest, it holds little in the way of reasoning and evidence, though. Just because sephiroth is more popular doesn't mean he's actually a better villain.

Alright so i lied about not posting here again, so sue me

yeah me too, but he said post it anyway.

No but if more people say sephiroth then its more likely that sephiroth would win. More points of view

1. He achieved his goal, he conquered the world and ruled over it for a period of time. Ok, new argument about this, Sephirorth as soon as he realised what he was, he never sought world dominate, he sought world destruction, so its not a great arguement to say Kefka got something sephiroth wasn't after

2. He's difficult to defeat no matter your level. FF7 was more devoloped so it was an attempt at even gaming

3. His evil is much more grotesque and monstrous. He's the epitome of evil. Sephiroth just kinda lost his way and went insane with what he discovered, Kefka is just a terrible person who craves power and carnage. He is evil incarnate. Ahh got you here too, someone in another forum on the same topic said the true evil does not crave control, only destruction. Which the more i think about it is true, only a madman seeks world control, world destruction and the death of every living this is pure evil. Evil element even

4. He's clever and cowardly. While Sephiroth may be a bit stronger physically, Kefka's wit and cunning outweigh Seph's, I think. He tricks people into trusting him, than uses that trust to destroy them and gain more power. No way, Sephiroth uses cloud past to get him to find the promised land, get the black materia and to locate Aerith. Sephiroth is a genius.

5. His laugh is the thing of legend. Granted but whats the relevence?

6. He's developed, as far as the story goes, in a much better fashion than Sephiroth. The tension between him and the heroes of the game is so thick by the end, it literally feels like a culminating, end all battle between the forces of good and evil. It is chilling when the final battle comes, which has been in the making for literally the entire game. That is not disimilar to FF7 Cloud, Tifa, Vincent, Aerith all suffered indescribably (and died) because of sephiroth, throughtout the game your hungry for that fight where you can put an end seph, and you are alwasy this close and yet still so far.

Ok, let me point something out that i'l certain you'l retailate to, but sephiroth has a far largr selection of moves, most of his best attacks are improvements from Kefka's. Although theres Super nova and heartless angel that could wipe Kefka out, i'm more concerned with Pale Horse, causes all status effects in the book, confusion, paralize, poisen, silence......Dark flare too, unavoidable and lethal..in terms of ablities sephiroth has far more at hand to Kefka

Oh if you deciede to bring god-hood into it don't if he got killed in the game he can get killed here, Safer Sephiroth's power transcends godhood

BackFire
Alright so i lied about not posting here again, so sue me

yeah me too, but he said post it anyway.

No but if more people say sephiroth then its more likely that sephiroth would win. More points of view

Why is it more likely simply if more people say so? That's nonsense. The simple fact that FFVII was played by more people and know who sephiroth is is the reason more people vote Sephiroth.

Despite them both being after different things, one actually achieved his goal, the other did not. Simple as that.

What does this even mean?

Well I certainly don't agree with that. Regardless, Kefka craved control AND destruction. He got joy out of killing and hurting people, and he wanted ultimate control. Once he got control he nearly destroyed the world, making it a wasteland.

Sure, you're looking forward to the battle, but the tension isn't the same. Sephiroth was someone to kinda pity, at times. He didn't start off as evil, he found something terrible out and lost his way, and his mind. Because of this he isn't on the same level as Kefka, who was purely diabolical and cruel from the very start. We assume he always was like that. It's very easy to hate him, he feels genuinely evil, Sephiroth felt like he was just lost and became evil, but that there may be some sense of hope left in him. With Kefka, no such feeling existed.

Kaled
Why is it more likely simply if more people say so? That's nonsense. The simple fact that FFVII was played by more people and know who sephiroth is is the reason more people vote Sephiroth. yeah, but more people who say sephiroth who have played them both

Despite them both being after different things, one actually achieved his goal, the other did not. Simple as that. Kefka didn't manage to do anythink to the world when he was a god, he just killed things on it. Sephiroth was this close to annihilating it, the planet, not just the stuff on it

What does this even mean? it means they tried to make sepiroth of appropriate difficulty. But the point stilll stands, if he has all his powers you should use the strongest point, otherwise its just plain dodging

Well I certainly don't agree with that. Regardless, Kefka craved control AND destruction. He got joy out of killing and hurting people, and he wanted ultimate control. Once he got control he nearly destroyed the world, making it a wasteland. well you could argue cloud was a better hero, who took the initiative to stop sephiroth before he did anything

Sure, you're looking forward to the battle, but the tension isn't the same. Sephiroth was someone to kinda pity, at times. He didn't start off as evil, he found something terrible out and lost his way, and his mind. Because of this he isn't on the same level as Kefka, who was purely diabolical and cruel from the very start. We assume he always was like that. It's very easy to hate him, he feels genuinely evil, Sephiroth felt like he was just lost and became evil, but that there may be some sense of hope left in him. With Kefka, no such feeling existed. hope? sephiroth?? er, no no no. There was never any changing sephiroth, he saw what power was, and nothing was going to stop him.

Ok, let me point something out that i'l certain you'l retailate to, but sephiroth has a far largr selection of moves, most of his best attacks are improvements from Kefka's. Although theres Super nova and heartless angel that could wipe Kefka out, i'm more concerned with Pale Horse, causes all status effects in the book, confusion, paralize, poisen, silence......Dark flare too, unavoidable and lethal..in terms of ablities sephiroth has far more at hand to Kefka

Oh if you deciede to bring god-hood into it don't if he got killed in the game he can get killed here, Safer Sephiroth's power transcends godhood

Nikkolas
If I recall, Kefka was a god. And spent hours at his leisure destroying places with the Light of Judgment. Sephiroth needed a week straight for his "most powerful" attack to even arrive and achieve his goal. And Sephiroth's most powerful attack? Anyone could do it. Meteor was stated that NO ONE could do it unless they were at a place like Northern Crater. So, give Cloud or someone the Black Materia and the knowledge how to use it and they can bring down Meteor. It's a pretty said and unimpressive feat.

Kuja=Kefka>>>>>>>>>>>Sephiroth.

Kaled
Originally posted by Nikkolas
If I recall, Kefka was a god. And spent hours at his leisure destroying places with the Light of Judgment. Sephiroth needed a week straight for his "most powerful" attack to even arrive and achieve his goal. And Sephiroth's most powerful attack? Anyone could do it. Meteor was stated that NO ONE could do it unless they were at a place like Northern Crater. So, give Cloud or someone the Black Materia and the knowledge how to use it and they can bring down Meteor. It's a pretty said and unimpressive feat.

Kuja=Kefka>>>>>>>>>>>Sephiroth.

i get tired of defeating thee weak arguements you know sleep1

anyone could do it who has a very strong understanding of power......riiiight no expression

if you hate sephiroth thats fine, but don't go raining on everyone elses parade mmkay?

BackFire
yeah, but more people who say sephiroth who have played them both

Well again, if you want to go just by popularity that's your choice, it's an empty avenue, though, meaningless. Plus how would you know more people say sephiroth who have played them both?

Kefka didn't manage to do anythink to the world when he was a god, he just killed things on it. Sephiroth was this close to annihilating it, the planet, not just the stuff on it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you said earlier that you didn't even play FFVI? And now you're acting as though you did. Kefka scorched the earth, he turned into into a wasteland. This affected the very world itself.

it means they tried to make sepiroth of appropriate difficulty. But the point stilll stands, if he has all his powers you should use the strongest point, otherwise its just plain dodging

Apparantly they tried and failed if he was easier to defeat for people at a lower level, that's the opposite of appropriate difficulty. No dodging is occuring, learn the terms before you use them. Kefka was always an appropriate difficulty, he was easier to defeat at a higher level, as he should be, but he was always a challenge.

well you could argue cloud was a better hero, who took the initiative to stop sephiroth before he did anything

Cloud has nothing to do with the discussion. This is Kefka vs Sephiroth and nothing more. Besides, again, you're acting as if you've played FFVI by passing judgement on the characters in the game when you've never played it.

hope? sephiroth?? er, no no no. There was never any changing sephiroth, he saw what power was, and nothing was going to stop him.

Hope in that he wasn't always a bad person. He was once good and just lost it. Kefka was always evil, from the very start. Kefka was the epitome of cruelty and malace at all times.

Bosses are immune to status effects, so Pale Horse is worthless against Kefka. Also, bosses are immune to attacks that drain health down to a specific amount or are one hit kills. So both would be immune to eachothers super move.

Regardless, I've never been arguing that Kefka could "beat" Sephiroth. Though I think he could, not through pure power, but through cunning and deceipt. I've been arguing purely about which I think is the better villain, when it comes to acts, personality, plot and so on.

Kaled
look, i'm not going to argue the smae point back and forth, you've said things i'v aleardy covered.

In battle sephiroth is more skilled, he could take down Kefka because they start a fight straightway according to this thread. Kefka gets his krazy klown ass kicked

Soljer
look, i'm not going to argue the smae point back and forth, you've said things i'v aleardy covered.

In battle sephiroth is more skilled, he could take down Kefka because they start a fight straightway according to this thread. Kefka gets his krazy klown ass kicked

What the f**k?

And people talk about Sephiroth-haters?

TricksterPriest
Do you know how Kefka got his powers? He deceived his boss, Emperor Gestahl, and used him to seize the three statues. When Emperor Gestahl realized he'd been duped, he tried to kill Kefka. Kefka took advantage of the protective barrier on the statues, blasted Gestahl, and then threw him off the ledge. So...., the point Backfire is making is, what's stopping Kefka from tricking Sephiroth? Nothing. Just because Sephiroth and Kefka start the fight when they see each other is no reason for Kefka not to retreat if he's losing. Plus, Kefka has all the back up of the tower guardians and the three statues. Kefka is notorious for running when he gets in a pinch.

Kaled
Sephiroth believes he is the only one for his "mission" he doesn't trust anyone becauseh e's not prepared to share powers you fool. Sephiroth is mercyless he doesn't care how weak something is if he requires them dead, they're soo screwed

TricksterPriest
Uh huh. Amazing. You completely missed my point and went on to extrapolate on something that had nothing to do with the arguement at hand. What did that have to do with the last few posts?

Oh and Nikkolas's arguement about the black materia? Right on the nose. It may be that Sephiroth alone has access to the knowledge, but that was never proven. The fact that it had to be sealed means there were others with the knowledge. Perhaps the knowledge was lost to time, but it could be recovered if someone had an idea where to look and the resources to try. The problem wasn't using the black materia, it's who would want to? Using that spell basically condemns the planet to destruction. And yet, Kefka destroys the world himself. Not with a medium such as the materia, but because he took the powers of the gods.

your fanboyish arguements are boring us. Present logical reasoning and concise thought. I'll concede Sephiroth's skill is higher than Kefka's in a straight fight, but that does not guarantee a win. The fact you have not played FF6 limits your arguement options on why Sephiroth can win. If Kefka has all the powers of the gods, he can potentially use their special skills. Like Doom's force field move, which nullifies all physical damage.

Soljer
Uh huh. Amazing. You completely missed my point and went on to extrapolate on something that had nothing to do with the arguement at hand. What did that have to do with the last few posts?

Oh and Nikkolas's arguement about the black materia? Right on the nose. It may be that Sephiroth alone has access to the knowledge, but that was never proven. The fact that it had to be sealed means there were others with the knowledge. Perhaps the knowledge was lost to time, but it could be recovered if someone had an idea where to look and the resources to try. The problem wasn't using the black materia, it's who would want to? Using that spell basically condemns the planet to destruction. And yet, Kefka destroys the world himself. Not with a medium such as the materia, but because he took the powers of the gods.

your fanboyish arguements are boring us. Present logical reasoning and concise thought. I'll concede Sephiroth's skill is higher than Kefka's in a straight fight, but that does not guarantee a win. The fact you have not played FF6 limits your arguement options on why Sephiroth can win. If Kefka has all the powers of the gods, he can potentially use their special skills. Like Doom's force field move, which nullifies all physical damage.

*applauds*

Kefka wins this match.

TricksterPriest
*takes a bow* Thank you, thank you. For my next number, how about Sephiroth vs. Anubis from ZOE?

IceJaw
laughing out loud You crazy? Seph would go down in less than a sec

TricksterPriest
Yes we know that. Because we played ZOE. But how many people on this board can say the same? I bet you 30$ that somebody says Sephiroth wins. laughing As a matter of fact, I'm going to make the thread. See what happens when Mechas and RPGs collide!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.