Jet Li's "Fearless"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blax X
Has anyone else seen this movie? I saw it today, excellent choreography.

Solo
I thought it was pretty bad. It couldn't choose whether it wanted to be a drama or a comedy, which was annoying.

bogen
i liked it

Council#13
I liked it too. How could it be a comedy?

Solo
Originally posted by Council#13
How could it be a comedy?
I'm referring to his childhood, which took up half of the run time, and was practically a comedy.

Ogami Itto
His childhood was shown 5.27 - 14.02 THATS NOT EVEN 10 mins laughing out loud
and the film lasted 1hr 45

I think it is one of his best films! beats the crap out of any western film he's done! Although i like most of his chinese made films

Trolt
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
His childhood was shown 5.27 - 14.02 THATS NOT EVEN 10 mins laughing out loud
and the film lasted 1hr 45

I think it is one of his best films! beats the crap out of any western film he's done! Although i like most of his chinese made films

jeez u had to school him with "actual data". A movie is bound to have SOME slight humour. Did u fall asleep or something solo ?

lilylidou
Yes,I have seen/
It's very good.
And many fo Jet Li is good

cruel jedi
i loved fearless yes

King Kandy
I like how he competed with many different styles.

jaden101
full o' awful offal

rotiart
I didn't really like fearless as much as Hero... which I absolutely loved. I felt I coulda waited watched fearless on dvd... whereas Hero was definitely worth the theatre experience.

Pandemoniac
Rather good, but mostly because of the more dramatic scenes, and not the fights. Li did well as the stubborn champion and put a good deal of character in the role, but I wish they've let the wire-work and impossible moves out of this one, even if they were scarce.

King Kandy
I liked the fight where he kept hitting that guy and it wasn't doing anything...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The fight scenes were good but as a whole, the movie wasn't good.

KingTech
In my opinion this is a best movie to watch.In the beginning it looks a comic but then after about 10 minutes it really becomes action movie.I have seen this movie many times.

dhurley05
I really liked Fearless. It's a good film.

DolX1
It was indeed one of Jet's best films! I want to see the directors cut of this film.

adventbleach111
theres a directors cut????? huh

atv2
I had question about Jet Li's hairstyle in Fearless and the China series, what was it called and was it realistic for almost every chinese man to have that hairstyle?

Impediment
Moved.

Any question regarding Fearless should be posted in the official thread. Thanx.

atv2
What was Jet Li's hairstyle called and was it realistic for almost every chinese man to wear that style or was it unique?

Impediment
Okay, atv2. I asked you once, now I'm warning you:

Do not make duplicate threads. Use the official thread!

rhosze
Originally posted by atv2
I had question about Jet Li's hairstyle in Fearless and the China series, what was it called and was it realistic for almost every chinese man to have that hairstyle?

The hairstyle is typical of the Qing Dynasty and is called the queue. The history behind it is pretty interesting. It was imposed on the Han Chinese by the Manchurians as a form of submission to their rule and those who didn't shave their heads were executed. Later on, cutting off the braid would also be seen as a sign of treason that would also justify execution. The Hans originally kept their hair long because under Confucian belief, any harm or alteration of the body is against filial piety, something along the lines of hurting yourself is equivalent to hurting your parents.

So to answer your question... yes everyone in that time period had to have that hairstyle or else death.

I didn't like Fearless very much. It's a noble story but the quality of the film was poor and the storyline wasn't carried out very well. Jet Li's new movies are all really disappointing, imo. Even in the Warlords, which he won best actor in the HK film awards... he used to be so much better.

The Red
I'm going to watch it tonight. 313

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.