Chun Li vs Sonya Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
The Chinese Interpol agent versus the blonde Special Forces operative.

Apparently, Sonya's been itching for a showdown with the Strongest Woman on Earth for the past decade. While in San Francisco, Sonya finds her and issues a challenge. Not one to turn down a fight, Chun Li accepts.

Note: There are no Fatalities in this match, although Sonya's Kiss of Death is a Super Move, rather than a Finishing Move.

Chun Li: SF3 version

Sonya: Think Deadly Alliance version gone 2D

Stage: The Rooftop from MK3

TricksterPriest
Chun-Li takes this with a kikoushou to Sonya's face.

Remulous
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Kaled
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
nuff said

Joker1237
Sonya was put the beat down on Chun Li lol.

PRAYERRUN
Sonya's just a cop. Chung li is the strongest woman in the world. She'd crush Sonya with a bearhug and be done with it.

Mesirus
yeah, someone want to PM lana for close?

Sam Z
Um... First of all Sonya is not "just a cop". Second i see her winning 4/10 fights. Third she's hotter IMO.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Sam Z
Um... First of all Sonya is not "just a cop". Second i see her winning 4/10 fights. Third she's hotter IMO.

I agree'd with everything you said, until you reached "She's hotter"

Sam Z
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I agree'd with everything you said, until you reached "She's hotter"

I never said Chun Li wasn't hotshifty
http://engelweb.esmartweb.com/Shrines/Chunli/chundown.jpg

Joker1237
Sonya has help saved the world plenty of times. Sure she may not get the glory like Liu Kang does, but she did play a part in Earth's protection. She is a major hero in Mortal Kombat. Sonya is also not police, but military. Special Forces. Top fighter. Sonya would relly just beat her down. Sonya does not take smack from any one, and belives she is in charge. I think Chun Li is lieing when she "Claims" to be the strongest women in the world. Hell M Riki has a better claim than Chun Li for that title.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Joker1237
Sonya has help saved the world plenty of times. Sure she may not get the glory like Liu Kang does, but she did play a part in Earth's protection. She is a major hero in Mortal Kombat. Sonya is also not police, but military. Special Forces. Top fighter. Sonya would relly just beat her down. Sonya does not take smack from any one, and belives she is in charge. I think Chun Li is lieing when she "Claims" to be the strongest women in the world. Hell M Riki has a better claim than Chun Li for that title.

She is lying, rose is the strongest.

Major Snafu

Chun Li is not just any ordinary cop. She is I.C.P.O. Eventhough Sonya has played many a role in defending Earth in Mortal Kombat, Chun Li has more experience, and she is also important in the Street Fighter universe. Both women failed to win tournaments, but they both got impressive win records under their belts.

They are also driven by vengeance at one point in time, and both had failed in stopping their respective nemesis (Akuma killed Bison and Mavado killed Kano).

Chun Li DOES have TWO advantages over Sonya.

1. She wasn't captured and put on display with her rival.

2. She wasn't killed, resurrected and brainwashed.

Joker1237
First off, Mortal Kombat stop being tourment after MK2. But mostly one side vs other side for the fate of Earth.

Well, Her whole platoon was capturn in MK1. And was force in the tournment, She failed to win the Tourment of couse. So she did not get freedom. Kano was capturn sometime during the end game of MK1. And thus we see both Sonya and Kano on displace in Khan's arena in MK2.
Chun Li never had that story line, but IF the writters wanted too, they could have Chun Li capturn. OF couse Bison and co never seem to worry about holding a hostage. Khan holding Sonya was more of getting a "Win" over EarthRealm. And the heros would lose moral. Having Chun Li as a hostage would not relly serve much of a purpose I suppose.

And had Chun Li took on the Dragon King, she would have been Killed and resurrected. I dont see how these are 2 UPs on Sonya. Chun Li never defended Earth from a outworld invaded army like Sonya did in MK3-MK7 lol. She use her army troops as back up to Earth's champions. And battle the likes of Sheeva and Mortaro in combat. And took on Khan's armys during the invasion. Chun Li is a det though. Interpo. She never relly defends the threat of Earth. Hell in SF3, She safed a kidnapped girl. And that was that. Sonya plays for higher stakes.

Emperor Ashtar
First off, Mortal Kombat stop being tourment after MK2. But mostly one side vs other side for the fate of Earth.

Well, Her whole platoon was capturn in MK1. And was force in the tournment, She failed to win the Tourment of couse. So she did not get freedom. Kano was capturn sometime during the end game of MK1. And thus we see both Sonya and Kano on displace in Khan's arena in MK2.
Chun Li never had that story line, but IF the writters wanted too, they could have Chun Li capturn. OF couse Bison and co never seem to worry about holding a hostage. Khan holding Sonya was more of getting a "Win" over EarthRealm. And the heros would lose moral. Having Chun Li as a hostage would not relly serve much of a purpose I suppose.

And had Chun Li took on the Dragon King, she would have been Killed and resurrected. I dont see how these are 2 UPs on Sonya. Chun Li never defended Earth from a outworld invaded army like Sonya did in MK3-MK7 lol. She use her army troops as back up to Earth's champions. And battle the likes of Sheeva and Mortaro in combat. And took on Khan's armys during the invasion. Chun Li is a det though. Interpo. She never relly defends the threat of Earth. Hell in SF3, She safed a kidnapped girl. And that was that. Sonya plays for higher stakes.

I agree with this 100%, chun li is very overrated iin this board.

Cha! Right
Well we all know that Chun Li's fast to dodge every move that Sony makes I'mean have you guy's seen the way the women fights in that game in Mortal Kombat 3 there punche's look weak there not even punching right and the women in Street Fighter 3 punch in the right way correctly so Chun Li wins and plus she can jump off walls and run on them and jump off them and Sonya would be down.

Sam Z
So mortal kombat 3 was the last MK game you played? You should check Sonya in "deadly alliance" at least. She punches "right" there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.