book 7 title

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robincooper
so tell me how you think it's all gonna end up in the 7th book smile

i think he's gonna fulfill the prophecy and become and auror

Seraph
i dont know. if he survives his fight against voldemort, the story would end endless wink. but maybe the 7th book is that fat, that it includes the 7th hogwarts year AND an appendix, which tells about what happens after harrys time at school.

Nefertite
I hope Harry will become a Seeker in one of Great Britain Quidditch team roll eyes (sarcastic)

Malfoy's chick
J.K Rowling told some school children that she is going to kill him off in the 7th book

Crash_Overload
Why would she say that to school CHILDREN. Its just no like her to make younglings cry.

robincooper
Actually i wouldn't be surprised if she does coz she's left some clues...
she says she is going to 'miss' writing harry potter in the seventh book even though she'd be tempted to carry it on! but you never know!

airangel429
What if when Lord V dies, well what if b/c of Harry's mark...he dies too? B/c he always feels the way that Lord V does.....

Nefertite
All these talks make me think that Harry really will die. But I still think this won't happen confused

robincooper
i doubt it will happen too!

Rotwang
Harry dying? I can't see it. For one thing, if JKR *had* said something like this to some school kids, wouldn't that be big news? Look at the way her other quotes have been reported. I don't believe that she said any such thing.

Aside from that, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to kill Harry off at the end of book 7. If nothing else, it would upset every single HP fan - and there are a lot of us! Would it make the story better? Nope. Also, if JKR cried when she killed Sirius, how could she possibly bump off Harry.

frootlooplucy
i heard that people had been asking her if she was going to write anymore after book 7, and she said that it depends if harry is alive at the end. she also said that she didnt want to give anything away. so i dont think she actually said specifically that harry would without a doubt die, just that it was possible.

airangel429
True...she didn't specify it. I think it would be neat to write at least one more book for after Hogwarts....... She could continue with HP on a whole different level...but who knows.

robincooper
well j.k says what she woants to do after the 7th book is continue writing a project she had before harry potter, 'an adult novel'

airangel429
Yes she did say that AS WELL......

Phoenix
Lets start our Book Seven prep guys! big grin

Phoenix
I've just discovered madam scoop and I love her! big grin

http://www.madamscoop.org/themes/book7.htm

DarkCanadian
There's seven horcruxes. Two are destroyed, four are assumptions or guesses, and one is unknown.

Phoenix
I think the unknown one might be Harry himself! Maybe thats why Voldemort killed his parents, to cememnt the spell, cos they said they needed deaths to create a horcrux

DarkCanadian
But Harry wasn't dead......

TheSun
Originally posted by DarkCanadian
There's seven horcruxes. Two are destroyed, four are assumptions or guesses, and one is unknown.
No I don't think so. Two are destroyed, then we have Nagini, Hufflepuff's cup, Slytherin's locket and something of Ravenclaws. The last bit of Voldemorts soul is in him obviously, else he'd just be like those who have received the Dementor's kiss.

Phoenix
no I reckon voldie used the death of harry's parents to cement the spell. slughorn said that living creatures didn't make good horcruxes, but maybe voldie wants to be clever, putting it in the one place he knows no one would ever bring themself to destroy. SO, in order to destroy voldie, harry has to kill himself...

TheSun
Originally posted by Phoenix
no I reckon voldie used the death of harry's parents to cement the spell. slughorn said that living creatures didn't make good horcruxes, but maybe voldie wants to be clever, putting it in the one place he knows no one would ever bring themself to destroy. SO, in order to destroy voldie, harry has to kill himself...
No, Dumbledore contradicted Slughorn, plus Voldmemort only used Harry's parent's deaths to rip his soul for one of the Horcruxes.

Hermione202
Harry?no no no no no ...........I don't want to believe that.it could be true but i won't believe it.its a bit far fetched ................or not.but Harry?no no no no no no no ...............that would be horrible , to have to destroy Harry to destroy the horcrux .

TheSun
Originally posted by Hermione202
Harry?no no no no no ...........I don't want to believe that.it could be true but i won't believe it.its a bit far fetched ................or not.but Harry?no no no no no no no ...............that would be horrible , to have to destroy Harry to destroy the horcrux .
I don't think that's true.

TheSun
Oh, I've just had a thought. Remeber in OotP, when Harry and co/ were clearing out a cabinet...didn't they find an old locket that they couldn't open in there? Regulus must have put it in 12 Grimmauld Place! Maybe lol...

DarkCanadian
Remember the prophecy, neither can live while the other survives. ONE of them kills the OTHER. So Harry cannot kill himself that way. And wasn't it Slughorn who said that creatures with life still in them don't exactly make good horcruxes?

Hermione202
Remember the prophecy, neither can live while the other survives. ONE of them kills the OTHER. So Harry cannot kill himself that way. And wasn't it Slughorn who said that creatures with life still in them don't exactly make good horcruxes?

I was thinking about that

Elessea
Originally posted by TheSun
Oh, I've just had a thought. Remeber in OotP, when Harry and co/ were clearing out a cabinet...didn't they find an old locket that they couldn't open in there? Regulus must have put it in 12 Grimmauld Place! Maybe lol...
That makes a lot of sense...It could very well be *goes to re-read that part of OotP*

Hermione202
Originally posted by Elessea
That makes a lot of sense...It could very well be *goes to re-read that part of OotP*

I agree

TheSun
Originally posted by Hermione202
I agree
Wahey! For once I'm not shot down in flames and accused of inciting a riot!

Hermione202
Wahey! For once I'm not shot down in flames and accused of inciting a riot!

well.......................It does make sense and you did not accuse anyone. Sometimes you're quite a nice an reasonable person.AT other times.......well.................we all make mistakes..................right?

tigress
I think its regalus too

Elessea
Yeah, its either Reglus or a new character, because 'Black' and 'Bones' are the only 'B' surnames that are main characters.

It could be someone 'Bones', since she was killed quite recently and because it was mentioned it has to be important.

Hermione202
i dunno

NightCrawler341
I am half thinking it was Regulus but... How would he be able to do it alone? Wouldn't he need help drinking it like Dumbledore? I think R.A.B. might be three people, but the fact that it might be at Black's house is high and I agree with that. And Harry being one of the horcrux... no. Because Harry has to destroy all of them before he could defeat Voldemort, which means he will have to kill himself before killing him.... which I don't really thinks possible.

Hermione202
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
I am half thinking it was Regulus but... How would he be able to do it alone? Wouldn't he need help drinking it like Dumbledore? I think R.A.B. might be three people, but the fact that it might be at Black's house is high and I agree with that. And Harry being one of the horcrux... no. Because Harry has to destroy all of them before he could defeat Voldemort, which means he will have to kill himself before killing him.... which I don't really thinks possible.

hahahaha

that last part about Harry killing himself was funny! and no , i don't think thats possible

Saratn
I have two different theories, that may prove that Dumbledore may come back to life. First remember in OOTP how the Time Turners were destroyed, what if someone had a spare somewhere and they use it to bring back Dumbleore. Another theory is about the horcruxes. Slughorn was saying that you need to split your soul or something like that. And Voldemort killed to make his horcruxes stronger. What if their is something similar to that without the killing, then Dumbledore could come back. It sounds wild, but those could be possibilities. I'm sure Dumbledore isn't gone forever.

TheSun
Weeey, another person agrees with me, I'm on a roll tonight!

Hermione202
yes you are!

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by Saratn
I have two different theories, that may prove that Dumbledore may come back to life. First remember in OOTP how the Time Turners were destroyed, what if someone had a spare somewhere and they use it to bring back Dumbleore. Another theory is about the horcruxes. Slughorn was saying that you need to split your soul or something like that. And Voldemort killed to make his horcruxes stronger. What if their is something similar to that without the killing, then Dumbledore could come back. It sounds wild, but those could be possibilities. I'm sure Dumbledore isn't gone forever. I don't think Dumbledore would split his soul apart. he seemed pretty much against it in HBP.

TheSun
I don't think Dumbledore would split his soul apart. he seemed pretty much against it in HBP.
It looks like he's lost forever.

NightCrawler341
Sadly, yes. But hell, I think it was his time. Coming back from the dead isn't always good, living for a long time is pretty hard. I think Dumbledore is happy dead.

Elessea
Dumbledore had no purpose left in the books...he has passed all his knowledge on to Harry, and he would do nothing but hinder Harry in the future. Dumbledore HAD to die.

Hermione202
thats true.............................................I think

Saberstylemasta
Maybe it was somebody's maiden name, like, Mcgonnagol's brother or something.

Hermione202
i dunno

Kella
Dumbledore isn't gone...are you guys kidding me? I do remember reading something about a portrait of Dumbledore appearing in the Headmaster's office. Plus, the Sword of Godric Gryffindor is still in Dumbledore's office. If the school closes it would allow someone to sneak in and steal it for Voldy to perform another Horcrux to spare his life.

I think that when Harry finds Snape...he won't kill him. Snape was protecting a student, just as Dumbledore would have protected Harry. Dumbledore wasn't the threat, but leaving him alive would be unspeakable for Draco and Snape. I think Harry will understand that...if Snape can get off his Angry High Horse.

Harry will return to Hogwarts. There is a lot of help still within those walls for him. So the school isn't out of the picture. I think it will be the final battle place for Harry and Voldemort. Dumbledore was very insistant that Tom wanted to stay at Hogwarts. I think that he'll go back there to end things, as that is where they began.

I also think we may find out that Harry is a descendant of Gryffindor...just a far fetched theory, but not all that impossible. What do we really know of James Potter's family history? Nothing, but we know tons about Sirius' family history and Lilly's family History...so I would assume, as in all final chapters...that all things are brought to light and made right again.

Harry is a Horcrux, that is more obvious than anything. As with all spells, where there is a way to make them, there is a way to break them. Harry just has to find that way. And I think he will...or Hermione will.

That is all...I will add more later. I'm tired.

TheSun
Originally posted by Kella
Dumbledore isn't gone...are you guys kidding me? I do remember reading something about a portrait of Dumbledore appearing in the Headmaster's office. Plus, the Sword of Godric Gryffindor is still in Dumbledore's office. If the school closes it would allow someone to sneak in and steal it for Voldy to perform another Horcrux to spare his life.

I think that when Harry finds Snape...he won't kill him. Snape was protecting a student, just as Dumbledore would have protected Harry. Dumbledore wasn't the threat, but leaving him alive would be unspeakable for Draco and Snape. I think Harry will understand that...if Snape can get off his Angry High Horse.

Harry will return to Hogwarts. There is a lot of help still within those walls for him. So the school isn't out of the picture. I think it will be the final battle place for Harry and Voldemort. Dumbledore was very insistant that Tom wanted to stay at Hogwarts. I think that he'll go back there to end things, as that is where they began.

I also think we may find out that Harry is a descendant of Gryffindor...just a far fetched theory, but not all that impossible. What do we really know of James Potter's family history? Nothing, but we know tons about Sirius' family history and Lilly's family History...so I would assume, as in all final chapters...that all things are brought to light and made right again.

Harry is a Horcrux, that is more obvious than anything. As with all spells, where there is a way to make them, there is a way to break them. Harry just has to find that way. And I think he will...or Hermione will.

I think this Harry is a Horcrux idea is wrong. And portraits can only repeat catchphrases, they don't have a mind of their own.

Phoenix

it says neither can live while the oither survives. Doesn't say anything about both of them dying... Anyways, thats how I'd end the book, cos I'm an evil angsty person and it'd make a good twist! big grin

Phoenix

no, I meant he kills himself snd takes Voldie with him... Also, that would be another reason why he's the only one to vanquish the dark lord - no matter who else tries, Harry has to destroy himself to destrroy voldie.

And also, maybe thats why regulus died? cos he drank all thst water? Then he didn't want to have voldies horcrux at his house, which is why siri says something about he got into deep and tried to back out

Phoenix
I have two different theories, that may prove that Dumbledore may come back to life. First remember in OOTP how the Time Turners were destroyed, what if someone had a spare somewhere and they use it to bring back Dumbleore. Another theory is about the horcruxes. Slughorn was saying that you need to split your soul or something like that. And Voldemort killed to make his horcruxes stronger. What if their is something similar to that without the killing, then Dumbledore could come back. It sounds wild, but those could be possibilities. I'm sure Dumbledore isn't gone forever.

well it says it needs the power of a death, a murder... what if dumbledore used the power of his own death to make a horcrux?

Not that I think he would, because they went on and on about how the splitting of a soul is a well evil thing to do...

Another thing to back up my idea of harry being a horcrux - Voldie's bit of soul in harry would explain the connection they have, emotions, posssion etc, and why he was IN the snake - nagini was another horcrux

Phoenix
Originally posted by Saberstylemasta
Maybe it was somebody's maiden name, like, Mcgonnagol's brother or something.

what makes you think mcgonnagalls married..?

Phoenix

Yay, someone else agrees with me! big grin

Phoenix
I think this Harry is a Horcrux idea is wrong. And portraits can only repeat catchphrases, they don't have a mind of their own.

I don't think your right about the portrait thing. Fat Lady is always chatting to students, and the Headmasters/mistresses of Hogwarts chat to Dumbledore all the time and run errands etc, they are sentient

TheSun
I don't think your right about the portrait thing. Fat Lady is always chatting to students, and the Headmasters/mistresses of Hogwarts chat to Dumbledore all the time and run errands etc, they are sentient
I'm just repeating what JK said.

Phoenix
Well I'm just repeating what JK has said through her books! wink

TheSun
Well I'm just repeating what JK has said through her books! wink
The portraits don't say anything new though, they just say stuff that they would have said in real life. Phineas Nigellus hates kids, Mrs Blacks, screams at traitors, Sir Cadogan acts Barmy. Just catchphrases.

BlackC@t
I want to find out that Harry is a descendant of Godric Gryffindor. That would be cool.

Hints of this are:
*When Harry tried out his wand red and gold sparks came out, Gryffindor's colours.
*He pulled the sword out of the hat.
* He's in Gryffindor house.

TomBlack

I can't see Harry being a horcrux for one thing we know that Voldemort actually set out to kill harry and it just backfired, he had already set up his horcruxes by this point and would have no need of making more than seven since this was his 'magic number'.

Phoenix
The portraits don't say anything new though, they just say stuff that they would have said in real life. Phineas Nigellus hates kids, Mrs Blacks, screams at traitors, Sir Cadogan acts Barmy. Just catchphrases.

These are not direct quotes, but Everard and Dyllis (?) are sent by dumbledore when arthur is attacked. They say something like, he looks terrible, I've found him etc. This is a brand new situation, they understand what dumbledore says to them and they are set a task. Therefore, they are not just moving pictures repeating catchphrases, there is some sort of life to them

TheSun
These are not direct quotes, but Everard and Dyllis (?) are sent by dumbledore when arthur is attacked. They say something like, he looks terrible, I've found him etc. This is a brand new situation, they understand what dumbledore says to them and they are set a task. Therefore, they are not just moving pictures repeating catchphrases, there is some sort of life to them
JKR stated that they aren;t alive, and don't have true minds. They just kind of repeat catchphrases.

DarkCanadian
JKR stated that they aren;t alive, and don't have true minds. They just kind of repeat catchphrases.
Disregarding what she said, remember that the portraits do have some sort of life in them. They do not repeat catchphrases, as JKR said according to your words. Which leads me to the belief that rather than "catchphrases", it seems to instead capture more or less their attitudes, almost their souls.

Kella
Originally posted by TomBlack
I can't see Harry being a horcrux for one thing we know that Voldemort actually set out to kill harry and it just backfired, he had already set up his horcruxes by this point and would have no need of making more than seven since this was his 'magic number'.

How do we really know what Voldemort had intended? Sure she would say that he set out to kill Harry. It would be really stupid to tell the world, "Yeah, Voldemort actually went to Harry's to make him an undestroyable Horcrux. Because then everyone would just have killed Harry off as a baby to keep Voldemort from surviving. Because ya know, who would kill the famous kid that survived the greatest Dark Wizard who ever lived? Telling them that he went to kill the baby and survived makes him famous...and special. Who could kill this amazing kid then when he could possibly save us from such an evil returning?"

Cleverness...I say.

Kella

If this is the case...we dont' yet know what Dumbledore has been programmed to say. He could still be set up to help Harry.

TomBlack
hmm... just a thought here. Snape could still be good, i mean Dumbledore had been poisoned and needed snap in order to live, in other words Dumbledore was already dying, when he originally arrived back in hogsmead he needed harry to go and get snape as quickly as possible, with the dark mark etc. these plans changed. The time in which Dumbledore was talking to malfoy may have meant that it was too late for snape to help him when he arrived. By snape then killing dumbledore he was effectively ending dumbledores pain and helping to make him self even more trustworthy in the eyes of the death eaters, he became an even greater spy.

Felix1989
Originally posted by TomBlack
hmm... just a thought here. Snape could still be good, i mean Dumbledore had been poisoned and needed snap in order to live, in other words Dumbledore was already dying, when he originally arrived back in hogsmead he needed harry to go and get snape as quickly as possible, with the dark mark etc. these plans changed. The time in which Dumbledore was talking to malfoy may have meant that it was too late for snape to help him when he arrived. By snape then killing dumbledore he was effectively ending dumbledores pain and helping to make him self even more trustworthy in the eyes of the death eaters, he became an even greater spy.

I agree here... i dont think that dumbledore would ever beg for anyone not to kill him...He is the Greatest wizard ever! I think that he woz helping Malfoy survive and not become a murderer

Phoenix
JKR stated that they aren;t alive, and don't have true minds. They just kind of repeat catchphrases. do you have a source for that?

shaber
Look on the JKR chat transcript I posted.

Former heads of Hogwarts are the exception however, since they get to leave behind a very faint imprint of themselves. Ordinary portraits such as Mrs Black and Sir Cadogan are just catchphrases, but the true heads of Hogwarts (so not Umbridge) get to leave sentient portraits.

Saratn
I don't think Dumbledore would split his soul apart. he seemed pretty much against it in HBP. I'm saying that their could be another method of coming back!!! Why do you think Dumbledore wanted Snape to kill him???

Saratn
well it says it needs the power of a death, a murder... what if dumbledore used the power of his own death to make a horcrux?

Not that I think he would, because they went on and on about how the splitting of a soul is a well evil thing to do...

Another thing to back up my idea of harry being a horcrux - Voldie's bit of soul in harry would explain the connection they have, emotions, posssion etc, and why he was IN the snake - nagini was another horcrux DOESN'T ANYONE LISTEN??? I AM SAYING THEIR COULD BE ANOTHER WAY OF BRINGING BACK THE DEAD THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE KILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sakura-Chan

i totally agree w/u on that one.. bcuz i think that harry is goin to have to make a sacrifice to save every1... unless he gets a hercruxes and uses it... otherwise i think that he will have to kill himself...

LiL nAstY GirL
I think that Draco and Narcissa will become good.

snlovergirl
just a few things I wanted to put out there:
Dumbledore is dead, I dooubt he is coming back no matter how much we want him to. His death was necessary although I was hoping it wouldn't be til the last book. Harry is coming of age and he has pretty much learned all he can to stand on his own two feet in the final battle against Voldemort.

I hope Harry does survive because it is possible they could both die in the last book. I doubt Harry, himself is a horcrux though. Why would Voldemort use him as a horcrux if he believes the prophecy that he has to kill him? They definitely have a connection as Dumbledore has said.

Also I think there may be an explanation behind Snape killing Dumbledore as well. But for now I'm still gonna hate him smile I think it is something along the lines of Dumbledore knew it was his time and maybe already discussed this plan w/ Snape so he wouldn't blow his cover with the death eaters.

ladygrim
JKR is stunned that anyone thinks that Snape has a love life; we will find out why in book 7.had to laugh et that one

tigress
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I want to find out that Harry is a descendant of Godric Gryffindor. That would be cool.

Hints of this are:
*When Harry tried out his wand red and gold sparks came out, Gryffindor's colours.
*He pulled the sword out of the hat.
* He's in Gryffindor house.

JK says on her site that hes not

Sakura-Chan
Originally posted by snlovergirl
=.

Also I think there may be an explanation behind Snape killing Dumbledore as well. But for now I'm still gonna hate him smile I think it is something along the lines of Dumbledore knew it was his time and maybe already discussed this plan w/ Snape so he wouldn't blow his cover with the death eaters.

i dont think that snape killed dumbledore just so he wouldnt blow his cover. y the heck would u do that? and anywaise remember snape yells in the end of hte book "its done!" also he did make a vow to malfoys mom. i think that he did it cuz he still believes in voldermort... anywaise it was suppose to be malfoy to kill dumbledore so y didnt snape just let malfoy do it. and even so if snape was really on the orders side he wouldve wanted dumbledore alive bcuz he is such a strong wizard... also in teh end of the 6th book dumbledore pleads w/snape not to kill him.

GraciePoo
not really, all he says is severus please. for all we know, dumbley could be asking snape to kill him. he never says severus please dont kill me, so we cant know for sure

leigh123
okay i heard that J.K has recently finished the 7th book..if she finishes them so early why does she wait so long to publish them i kno it takes a while to do all the editing and stuff but like a whole year??? and i heard they have already finished the 4th and 5th movie why is the 4th only coming out in november to me it seems like they take WAY too long for everything to come out

Oroboros
Reasons harry might be the 6th Horcrux:

1. Harry is clearly connected to Voldemort in a supernatural way that seems to need a better explanation than "Voldemort tried to kill him."
harry has the feather of the same phoenix as Voldemort in his wand. And how else would Harry be able to speak snake. his parent's couldn't, but Voldemort could. And of course, Harry could sense Voldmort's feelings in book 5, and as said already, see through the snake in book 2.

2. It would be a perfect reason for Voldemort to almost die that night. He had finally broken his soul into the magic number seven parts. This would probably kill any wizard. (also Dumbledore thinks Voldemort had not yet made the sixth horcrux that night)

3. Voldemort had just committed a murder (Lily Potter) and so it was the right moment to create a horcrux.

4. This would explain why Snape so often protects Harry. He does not let Malfoy hurt Harry at the end of book 6 and says he belongs to Voldemort. A coinciding theory would be that Snape had a special mission from Voldemort to keep Harry Potter safe at Hogwarts.

-I don't think that Harry will have to kill himself to kill Voldemort. I bet Harry will be able to change the part of Voldemort that is within him with love or something along those lines. Harry's soul, pure and strong, will be able to defeat Voldemort's shattered soul inside him.

Director_Joe
Okay, the seventh book is NOT done...where do people hear these things??? And they won't start shooting the next potter movie (5) until next year... The fourth one is still in post-production. I'm sorry to say: you heard wrong...

Director_Joe
That wouldn't make sense...then Harry would have to kill himself before he could kill Voldemort... Not a half bad idea on Voldemorts part but the book would be pointless if that were so...

Oroboros
-I don't think that Harry will have to kill himself to kill Voldemort. I bet Harry will be able to change the part of Voldemort that is within him with love or something along those lines. Harry's soul, pure and strong, will be able to defeat Voldemort's shattered soul inside him. Dumbledore made a huge deal about harry's soul and the power of love that Harry has.

there are a billion ways that Harry could kill Voldemort and survive, even if he has to hurt himself to do it. In the Harry-Horcrux theory, Harry is only a tiny bit of Voldemort.

Elondra
Voldemort kills Harry, then someone else kills Voldie after all the Horcrux are destroyed.Everyone's happy.

Phoenix I absolutely agree with you about Harry being a Horcrux.That explains the whole Nagini/Voldie thingy in Book 4/5. And Dumbledore didn't agree to give Harry Occlumency lessons because he might have known something.

TheVapor
This is a thread for what you think the next Harry Potter Book will be called.

cool

Saberstylemasta
Harry Potter and the day of Judgement.

oceanflame
Harry potter and the Horcrux Retrieval

Forcewielder
Book 7-Harry Potter and the Search for the Horcruxes.

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by oceanflame
Harry potter and the Horcrux Retrieval Originally posted by Forcewielder
Book 7-Harry Potter and the Search for the Horcruxes. You guys make it seem like its only about getting the Horcruxes and not doing the final battle with Moldy Voldy... like there will be a 8 book (Which there isn't) dedicated to Harry and Voldemort... Make sure it makes more sense with all that is happening in the book, not just the search for the Horcruxes.

Trickster
Already? That was fast.

ladygrim
Harry Potter and the day of Judgement.

i like this one ....

DarkCanadian
Harry Potter and the Fortress of Shadows

Saberstylemasta
Harry Potter and the evil Snake.

oceanflame
You guys make it seem like its only about getting the Horcruxes and not doing the final battle with Moldy Voldy... like there will be a 8 book (Which there isn't) dedicated to Harry and Voldemort... Make sure it makes more sense with all that is happening in the book, not just the search for the Horcruxes.

how bout this one : Harry potter and the final defeat

TheVapor
Harry Potter and the Fortress of Shadows

Good One! big grin

here are a couple

Harry Potter and the Secret of Godric's Hollow

Harry Potter and the Prizes of Voldemort

Harry Potter and the Seige of the Ministry

Harry Potter and the Feathers of Ravenclaw

rishi
yo but no

rishi
what i think will happen is that vol gets killed, lupin dies or somethin and hen he scar vanishes and grawp is harrys bodyguard in the mission

DanZeke25
Harry is not a Horcrux. You have to do a spell to transfer you soul, and the only spell Voldemort did was Avada Kedavra. Thats is not the spell to transfer your soul. Why would it be?

And heres another reason why i think Snape is bad. In OOTP Bellatrix said you can only perform a unforgivable curse if you really want to kill the person. You have to hate the person. You cant just go up to someone you like and kill them.

Hermione202
i agree

GraciePoo
for harry is the horcrux, you brought up some seriously good ideas about it oroboros. good job. i mean for all we know harry is a horcrux. and we dont no how to destroy the soul in the pieces, so we dont know for sure if harry would have to kill himself to kill voldie. and the idea that snape had to protect harry becuz of the horcrux makes a lot of sense and does explain stuff. DanZeke65, how do u know that the only spell voldie did that night was avada kedavra. which book says that?

P.S Rishi ---nice location - the deep south. I love little nicki!

DanZeke25
Originally posted by GraciePoo
DanZeke65, how do u know that the only spell voldie did that night was avada kedavra. which book says that?

The curse rebounded and hit him. How could he do the spell if he doesnt even have a body?

Phoenix
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Harry is not a Horcrux. You have to do a spell to transfer you soul, and the only spell Voldemort did was Avada Kedavra. Thats is not the spell to transfer your soul. Why would it be?

How do you know? We've never had the full death scene, so you have no idea what happened

Hermione202
How do you know? We've never had the full death scene, so you have no idea what happened

true but it seems........not likely .

AngelGirl
i recon R.A.B is blacks brother who was a death eater if u remeber. And the locket that could not of been opend was the slytherin (sp) one!

Saberstylemasta
I on the other hand (ironically the left hand) Think R.A.B. is a new charactor.

AngelGirl
I on the other hand (ironically the left hand) Think R.A.B. is a new charactor. maybe but Serius's brother's first name becan with an R and last name ended in a B 'black'. think about it, it makes sence! big grin

Saberstylemasta
Originally posted by AngelGirl
maybe but Serius's brother's first name becan with an R and last name ended in a B 'black'. think about it, it makes sence! big grin

It's a good theroy but not nessecairly correct.

DanZeke25

as i said before, the curse rebounded and hit Voldemort. How oculd Voldemort perform the spell to make Harry a horcrux if he doesnt have a body?

the only possible way is...
remeber in the interview, someone asked JKR if anybody else was present in Godric's Hollow that night? SHe said no comment. So the only way Harry could be a Horcrux is if the other person who was there(assuming he's with Voldemort) performed the spell to make harry a Horcrux. But Voldemort wouldnt tell naybody about his Horcruxes, so thats not likely.

GraciePoo
well i said something about this on another thread... you know how voldie wanted somethign from each founder. where JK sed that there was a connection between godric's hollow and godric griffindor. so what if he used one of harry's parents death as what would split his soul to make the horcrux, and the horcrux was somethign that he found in godrics hollow that was griffindors? cuz dd did say that he hadnt yet made the first one until he went to godrics hollow to find harry.

Oroboros
That makes sense. Also another reason to thin Harry might be the horcrux is that the sorting hat had such a hard time placing Harry and thought about placing him in Slytherin. If he had two souls within him to some degree, the sorting hat would be confused.

It also makes sense that Voldemort would try to get the best of the prophecy by being extra sneaky and making Harry a Horcrux instead of killing him.

I don't see why Voldmort needs another person to preform the spell. He was able to make all the other horcruxes alone, why not this one?

DanZeke25
Because the killing curse rebounded. So Voldemort was to weak to do it.

I am willing to bet that Harry is not a horcrux.

div
i think R.A.B is not regulus , because dumbledore and harry struggled to escape the hiding place of the horcrux and it doesnt say in any of the books that regulus was a skilled wizard
i think tht R.A.B is either an old wizard or the initials of the actual hiding place of the horcrux or maybe voldemort had already used tht horcruz ...last bit is unlikely but ey i thought i'd mention it

Saratn
Originally posted by div
i think R.A.B is not regulus , because dumbledore and harry struggled to escape the hiding place of the horcrux and it doesnt say in any of the books that regulus was a skilled wizard
i think tht R.A.B is either an old wizard or the initials of the actual hiding place of the horcrux or maybe voldemort had already used tht horcruz ...last bit is unlikely but ey i thought i'd mention it
Thank you!!!!!!!!! Someone actually agrees with me for once. I've been saying that for awhile, and everybody went and said that he was killed by the Dark Lord and such.

div
i do agree and i hope ur still here coz i really want to tok bout this!

radarman
Ok, lets just say for the sake of argument that Harry was a horcrux...perhaps Voldemort already used the Horcrux he put in harry at the end of GOF. The ritual voldy went through, "brought him back to life." So to speak. That would make one less horcrux that Harry would have to destroy. Voldemort used it first because living beings dont make good horcruxes.

div
i can see your point but i dont think thats y voldemort needed harrys blood because it had less to do with bringing him bck to life and more to do with returning his physical form....also if u remember that voldys power go transferred to harry when he attempted to curse him so maybe he needed the blood to return his power

DanZeke25
Thank you!!!!!!!!! Someone actually agrees with me for once. I've been saying that for awhile, and everybody went and said that he was killed by the Dark Lord and such.

I've never thought it was Regulas either. And i dont want it to be him either.

Saratn
I've never thought it was Regulas either. And i dont want it to be him either. Another one, I thought I was crazy at first when everybody kept thinking it was Regulus. Personally I think its Madam Bones.

DanZeke25
Do you think that maybe Dumbledore was at Godric's Hollow the night VOldemort tried to kill Harry? BEcause when he drank that potion, maybe he was ahving a flashback. Because he did say "No. Dont kill them." "Dont hurt them." "Its my fault.!" "I did wrong." "KILL ME"
And o wonder how every wizard would know about it so fast if no one was there to witness it?

hotsauce6548
I have a question...

Why would Voldemort make Harry a Horcrux? Obviously, the answer would be: Harry would have to kill himself, therefore making it impossible to kill Voldemort, unless they somehow died at the same time. This, however, wouldn't make sense. Harry would have to kill himself, and then the part of the soul in Voldemort would have to be killed.

Now, again, why would Voldemort make Harry a horcrux? Making Harry a Horcrux would mean two things:

1) Voldemort would not be able to kill Harry. This is totally contradicting what Voldemort set out to do, i.e. kill Harry.

and

2) Harry would not be able to kill Voldemort. Now, this is all good for Voldie, and would make sense, but when would he be able to turn Harry into a horcrux? Obviously, it wasn't the night when he tried to kill Harry, because why would he kill Harry if he had made him a horcrux? And, also obviously, it wasn't after he attacked Harry, for he had already 'died' and become a 'spirit.'

So, in turn, making Harry a horcrux would prove to hinder Voldemort--albeit, as well as Harry--and also prove to be impossible, as I said...

UNLESS!

Unless... do you remember when Voldemort regained his body? Wormtail drew blood from Harry. Could this have made Harry a horcrux? It is possible, but once again improbable. Soon after Voldemort regains his body, he duels with Harry, obviously hoping to kill him. Why would he do this? He would be making an unneccessary move, i.e. destroying a part of his soul when killing Harry.

There is one more thing that prevents me to believe that Harry is a horcrux. Throughout the books, Voldemort has tried--on numerous occasions--to kill Harry.

In the first book as Quirrel.

In the second book with the Basilisk.

In the fourth book by dueling with him.

And in the fifth book, by once again dueling with him. (If you call him sending death curses at Harry, who didn't do much back, a duel.)

Killing Harry would destroy the part of Voldie's soul within him, if Harry was a Horcrux. If this was the case, why would Voldemort constantly be trying to kill Harry?

There, I rest my case... for Today. My head hurts.

DanZeke25
I dont remeber when Dumbledore said you had to destroy the Horcruxes first before you kill Voldemort. I thought he just said that it would be easier, because if u killed Voldemort first, and then went looking for the Horcruxes, you probaly wouldnt find them in time and VOldemort would come back. So if Harry is a horcrux(which he is not) couldnt Harry kill Voldemort and then kill himself? Surely Voldemort wouldnt be able to come back within a matter of seconds?

Harry isnt a Horcrux anyway. I think its a stupid idea.

APIECEOFME
No I believe DD did say that the only way to make Voldemort mortal (ie, able to be killed) was to find and destroy the horcruxes.

Saratn
Do you think that maybe Dumbledore was at Godric's Hollow the night VOldemort tried to kill Harry? BEcause when he drank that potion, maybe he was ahving a flashback. Because he did say "No. Dont kill them." "Dont hurt them." "Its my fault.!" "I did wrong." "KILL ME"
And o wonder how every wizard would know about it so fast if no one was there to witness it?
That makes sense, unless he was talking about something else, like him losing his family or something

hotsauce6548
I dont remeber when Dumbledore said you had to destroy the Horcruxes first before you kill Voldemort. I thought he just said that it would be easier, because if u killed Voldemort first, and then went looking for the Horcruxes, you probaly wouldnt find them in time and VOldemort would come back. So if Harry is a horcrux(which he is not) couldnt Harry kill Voldemort and then kill himself? Surely Voldemort wouldnt be able to come back within a matter of seconds?

Harry isnt a Horcrux anyway. I think its a stupid idea.

I'm pretty sure that all of the Horcruxes need to be destroyed before anybody can destroy Voldemort's body. If that wasn't the case, don't you think somebody would have been able to kill him?

I believe that, as of yet, we know too little about Horcruxes to truly make good theories.

DanZeke25
Harry doesnt HAVE to kill all the Horcruxes before he kills Voldemort. DUmbledore just said that it would be easier. For example, Harry kills Voldemort, but still has two Horcruxes left. It might take Harry a year to find them, which gives Voldemort enough time to come back. Now say Harry is a Horcrux, and he's destroyed all the rest of the Horcruxes. He then killes voldemort and then immediatley after kills himself. There is no way Voldemort could come back within a matter of seconds.

Remeber when the killing curse rebounded. It normally would have killed Voldemort. But since he has a Horcrux, he was still alive, but only as a spirit. It took Voldemort a long time to come back. So if Harry kills Voldemort, and then immediatley kills himself, there will be no Horcrux for Voldemort to use to come back, and his spirit would be no more.

hotsauce6548
Harry doesnt HAVE to kill all the Horcruxes before he kills Voldemort. DUmbledore just said that it would be easier. For example, Harry kills Voldemort, but still has two Horcruxes left. It might take Harry a year to find them, which gives Voldemort enough time to come back. Now say Harry is a Horcrux, and he's destroyed all the rest of the Horcruxes. He then killes voldemort and then immediatley after kills himself. There is no way Voldemort could come back within a matter of seconds.

Remeber when the killing curse rebounded. It normally would have killed Voldemort. But since he has a Horcrux, he was still alive, but only as a spirit. It took Voldemort a long time to come back. So if Harry kills Voldemort, and then immediatley kills himself, there will be no Horcrux for Voldemort to use to come back, and his spirit would be no more.

I think you're right.

Here's a quote from the book:

"Well, you split your soul, you see," said Slughorn, "and hide part of it in an object outside the body. Then, even if one's body is attacked or destroyed, one cannot die, for part of the soul remains earthbound and undamaged. But of course, existence in such a form..."

So, Slughorn says that the body can be destroyed. And like Zeke said, Harry could finish off the rest of the Horcruxes, then destroy Voldemort's body, and then destroy himself. This is all, of course, under the pretense that Harry was a Horcrux himself.

FakeHorcrux
Okay, here are some of my theories:
1. Petunia Dursley knows more than she's letting on. She'll be big in book 7. Remember, in OoTP when she knew about Dementors? Her excuse that Lilly told her is lame. Were Dementors even guarding Azkaban in Lilly's time?
2. Dumbledore...he must have known that horcrux was a fake. It was the green goo in the bowl he was REALLY after. He drank it for a hidden reason. I think it was a poison to counteract the Avada Kevadra curse. And Snape was the only one who knew it. Remember, your heart has to really be into it to deliver the Killing Curse...
3. One of the horcruxes has GOT to be...the Sorting Hat! It was at Hogwarts while Tom Riddle was, and there when he started making horcruxes...
P.S. It can't be the sword of Gryffindor, because only the heir of gryffindor could have pulled it out of the Sorting Hat. Woo woo!
4. JKR is almost certainly going to have to kill Harry off in Book 7. For two reasons. One, if she doesn't, her publishers and fans are going to pester her for a book 8 for the rest of her life. Two, someone will take it on themselves to write their own "sequels" or--Merlin forbid!--a TV series. "Harry Potter...the series"? EEK!
5. It almost doesn't matter if Hogwarts is open next year. Harry and his pals will be spending the year searching for horcruxes, and that will be much easier if they don't return to Hogwarts.
6. I expect a memorable scene at Harry's LAST summer with the Dursleys...

goddess_susu

goddess_susu
there's a lot of good info in that page too

DanZeke25
I alredy posted it... its on a thread on the second page.

General Bondius
I think that Harry WILL die in book seven along with Voldemort, I have thought this for a while, but now that I just read the theory about Harry being the last Horcrux Im more convinced of this. What do you think??? Happy Dance

Saberstylemasta
WE have a thread for all Book 7 speculations....

General Bondius
Do you mean WE as......who????
Wizards, Muggles, histerical fans... who???

Sorry about creating a new thread, Im just to used to being able to create different threads.

Saberstylemasta
You can create threads, just make sure it isn't one that is already made.

And Harry Is not the last Horcrux. He didn't have enought time with him to ever do that. And every spell he ever used around Harry, we know what happened. And besides, if Harry was Voldemorts Horcrux, He probablly wouldn't want to Kill Voldy.

allofyousuckkk
There is no way Harry is a horcrux. Voldemort tried to kill him in book 4. I don't think he would try to kill a part of his soul. Besides he couldnt have made it because the book says (as well as the movie shows) he went from lily straight to harry and uses avada kedabra trying to kill him, then he almost died. He had no time...

allofyousuckkk
i also think that maybe ron and hermione might fight voldemort and lose trying to protect harry after he's hit with some curse(just a thought)(it would be pretty cool)

Saberstylemasta
Don't double post, and get a name that dosen't degrade your intellegence.

Saratn
okay first of all on your first post, that was already mentioned. And second of all...Rowling said something like Ron and Hermione won't die or something. Either that...it was for this book...can't remember.

SlugHorn
dude, u know books and movies..Sometimes its a good guy wins ending..but anything is possible

Mr Riddle
Your all under the impression that Harry is a horcrux. Now the only way for Harry not to be a hocrux is for harry to kill himself. Now Dumbledore said that Harry is the one who will kill Voldemort. Dumbledore also says that anyone who wants to kill Voldemort will have to destroy ALL of the horcruxes FIRST, then go after the last part of his soul which is in his body. If Harry is a horcrux, then he will have to kill himself, which will make him unable to kill the last part of voldemort's soul thats in voldemort's body. So unless someone else is going to kill Voldemort, then Harry cant really be a horcrux now can he?

Saratn
I agree, and the prophecy talked about either Harry killing the Dark Lord, or the Dark Lord killing Harry. It didn't talk about killing himself (Harry) so he couldn't be a horcrux for that matter, and like stated earlier...why was the Dark Lord trying to kill him this whole time? It doesn't say about someone else killing him either...so it has to be the one that the Dark Lord marked his equal.

DanZeke25
Harry doesnt have to kill himself first. Ok For example: Harry has killed all the Horcruxes besides himself and Voldemort. He can kill Voldemort(Voldemort would not 'techincally' die, but he would become a spirit) and then kill himself immedieatley after that. Therefore Voldemort can not comeback because he has no more soul to come back with.

But, again, Harry is not a horcrux anyway.

zombieman
Two things I would like to put forward: 1) Harry is DEFINATELY not a horcrux, why? Because Voldemort intended to kill him with the death curse, that is the only spell he performed on baby Harry as far as we know, but why would he make him a horcrux then try to obliterate him?
2) Snape is a good guy, Dumbledore would have died from that potion he drank and I think he knew he would have to scarifice himself this way. I think he planned his own death with Snape, partly to protect Draco Malfoy. Dumbledore trusted Snape to the end, and he is one of the most astute wizards on such matters, so i trust him too.

Saratn
That is exactly what I think. I believe that Snape was under Dumbledore's orders.

JubilleeIsCOOL
I think Harry will end up defaeting the Dark Lord at the cost of either Ginny or Ron.I don't think he will die unless he falls down the grand staircase. But then again Harry might die just within duel against because he does not have Dumbledores protection. Anything is possible at this point.

air
Just this TINY little thing that really bugs me how in gods name is harry going to kill Voldermort...exactly how is this going to occur...has everyone forgot book 4 with the chapter entitled Priori Incantatum...there wands dont work against each other so either Harry or Voldermort is going to get a new wand..which i very much doubt or theyre going to have to ring one another necks.....its really very cleverly thought out by JK.

Saratn
but then the people who he killed would come out of the wand, if it goes to the Dark Lord's end, and They would try to protect him again, and then Harry could do some kind of spell.

Saithis
Maybe Harry is a Horcrux and he kills himself or LV kills him and then Neville will kill LV... (Maybe Neville is the real "chosen one"wink

Please forgive me for my bad english embarrasment

SSUPERMAN
what
is

the seventh book called

JLRTENJAC
I think that Ron or Hermioninie (How ever you spell her name) or both will die in the next one.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Saithis
Maybe Harry is a Horcrux and he kills himself or LV kills him and then Neville will kill LV... (Maybe Neville is the real "chosen one"wink

Please forgive me for my bad english embarrasment

No, and the prophecy didn't say he WILL kill Voldemort just that Voldemort will mark a boy born on a certian day and that one must die.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>