I you woud have the Power to rid the world of one Music Style

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jack of Blades
Which one woud you banish from this world?

In Fate's Hands
country

SnakeEyes
I was gonna say, probably Country. But if that includes Johnny Cash, then I might not do that.

I don't know. Even shit genres have at least ONE good artist.

Jack of Blades
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I was gonna say, probably Country. But if that includes Johnny Cash, then I might not do that.

I don't know. Even shit genres have at least ONE good artist.
I agree with that

Darth Revan
Country never used to be a shit genre, it's only become that in the past couple decades.

There really aren't any genres that are 100% awful.

Slay
Trance and all it's subgenres.

Impediment
Whiny alternative bands.

Blue_Hefner
Techno

Scarecrow756
Hip Hop. mad mad

§P0oONY
I'd not get rid of any.... As I like some tracks from every genre I can think of.

If I had to get rid of one, it may be Hip Hop... Not because I have anything against the music... but the gang culture that has developed with it is a bit gay. I may be inclined to say Emo as well, simply because of all the twats that like it. The music itself isn't that bad.

Country isn't popular at all in my country so I'm fine with that.

Myth
Hip Hop. It would definitely be the most interesting one to get rid of. What would all the black guys do? Will they all go to regae? Or would we see a lot more black rockers? Could be interesting.

MildPossession
All that type of club music that appears on albums like Ministry of Sound, Ibiza club type music. Urgh.

EVerything else can stay, I'm so kind.

Nellinator
Rap.

Victor Von Doom
What would a person gain from doing this?

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Even shit genres have at least ONE good artist. Exactly. Even genres I generally dont like have something to offer

-hh-
I wouldn't get rid of any of them. there needs to be a balance.

and those saying Hip Hop haven't heard REAL hip hop to begin with...simply an assumption but im guessing im right.

Inspectah Deck
^ truth

§P0oONY
I said hip hop but I have indeed heard real hip hop.... My reasoning didn't have anything to do with the music though, not directly anyway.

Alpha Centauri

Nellinator
Emo

~Da Rev~
Country.

Nellinator
Why does everyone hate country?

office jesus
Because they think country is that shitty kind of Pop / Country that's out now. No respect for the classics.

Strangelove
Rap. Rap is the genre with all the gang troubles, not Hip-Hop

Myth
I group rap and hip-hop together wink

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Then why rid the world of the bands just because of the fans?

Fugazi made great music, as did Jawbreaker.

-AC
Yes, I'd get rid of the music because of the fans..... srug

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
What would a person gain from doing this?

Fun?

Anyways, I'd probably get rid of Rock....why I do not know.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Strangelove
Rap. Rap is the genre with all the gang troubles, not Hip-Hop

Rap isn't a genre, it's an action. That's like calling rock, sing. You wouldn't do it, because it's dumb.

Also, hip hop doesn't have gang trouble, hip hop is just liked -- apparantly -- by people who are in gangs. There are biker gangs that listen to rock music.

-AC

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Techno

What is your definition of Techno???
I take it you from your age you mean the commercial rubbish that kids today listen to and not the works of Derrek May,Carl Craig,Cybertron,Reese etc which originated in Detroit in 1984 then and are regarded by music critics as some of the most influential artists of all time.

Mainstream Hip Hop N RnB and those that listen to it should be banished......................................FOR EVER!

BornToRule
Originally posted by vintageSW77

Mainstream Hip Hop N RnB and those that listen to it should be banished......................................FOR EVER!

i totally agree with you. i hate that kinda music and what keeps annoying me is that if you turn on a music channel like MTV or channels alike. they always play that sh*t 24/7 with some small interupptions and maybe then u get to hear madonna or somehing! OMG. this doesnt include VH1 they actually play some metal/hardrock around midnight roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quiero Mota
Death metal

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Death metal

Do you listen to it constantly and not like it?

-AC

amity75
Hmmm tough choice but now I've thought about it I'd probably get rid of reggae. The most boring musc on earth and if someone can give me 1 good reason why it isn't then I'd like to hear it.

Afro Cheese
I can give you a pretty good reason: Babylon By Bus.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Do you listen to it constantly and not like it?

-AC

I don't listen to it constantly or on a regular basis. I've heard it enough in my life time to know I hate it. I have no preconceived notions against the genre; I just honestly hate the way it sounds. It drives me insane everytime I hear it, and reminds me of the overpowering ringing you get in your ears after you fire a shotgun (not too sure if you know what that's like).

I'm all about Rap, Funk, Reggae, Latin and R&B.

el_barto
Originally posted by amity75
Hmmm tough choice but now I've thought about it I'd probably get rid of reggae. The most boring musc on earth and if someone can give me 1 good reason why it isn't then I'd like to hear it.

The Clash were highly influenced by raggae. I wouldnt get rid of a genre, one because theres always at least on good thing about it, and two, because it always inspires new/better genres that are more fun to listen to.

Murda Ma$e
Originally posted by Myth
Hip Hop. It would definitely be the most interesting one to get rid of. What would all the black guys do? Will they all go to regae? Or would we see a lot more black rockers? Could be interesting.

Probably create another seeing as how black people created/inspired all the good ones.

Saphira
I'd get rid of that shouty-music. it's rubbish. Also, rap. it isn't even really music.

vintageSW77
I don't listen to it constantly or on a regular basis. I've heard it enough in my life time to know I hate it. I have no preconceived notions against the genre; I just honestly hate the way it sounds. It drives me insane everytime I hear it, and reminds me of the overpowering ringing you get in your ears after you fire a shotgun (not too sure if you know what that's like).
B]

My sentiments on commercial rap and RnB excactly
RnB is music for girlys
the dudes on those tracks sound real feminine which goes completley against the image they try to throw down...no wonder their "baby" has left them
no wonder the soppy track suit wearing tosspots are always singing sloppy ditties to their ex "babies" who have probably ran off with someone with a bit of balls who aint into sippin chrystal n always goin on how "im going to make lurrrve to ya baby!!!" etc
AND as for that IM IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER track......
jesus that is the biggest pile of crap ive ever heard
and dont get me started on that RIDIN DIRTY track that every chav fu""wit in town plays on rotation
OR the funniest/worst song of all time
TRAPPED IN THE CLOSET by everyones fave Paedo R KELLY!!!

StinkFist462
celebrities singing (paris hilton, ashlee simpson, etc) . not really a genre, but oh man do they need to be wiped off the face of the earth.

Alpha Centauri

I'm all about Rap, Funk, Reggae, Latin and R&B.

Have you tried not listening to it as opposed to ridding the world of a genre that people like?

I'm not just saying this to you, it's a question posed to anyone who believes any genre should be rid of.

-AC

vintageSW77
If it stops kids playing their rnb shit on public transport from tinny mobile phone speakers and it stops all the white kids wearing identikit hoodies and trackies AND stops em talking like Westwood or like they are from south central when in fact they are from the UK i think outlawing a genre is fine by me.

Quiero Mota

Da preacher
Techno

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Murda Ma$e
Probably create another seeing as how black people created/inspired all the good ones. Is that what they taught you at the School of Hard Knocks?

White people created classical music, and folk music, which are pretty much the basis for all modern western music.

Also electronica, without which hip hop would've never been possible.

Not saying any race should be given credit for 'creating genres,' but if you're going to play the race card then there you have it.

I don't listen to that whiney, pop, b*tch-ass R&B, you're talking about, homes. I'm talking calssic R&B like The Temptations, The Delfonics, The Chi-Lites, The Stylistics, Marvin Gaye, Lionel Ritchie and much more. A lot of R&B from the 70's and early 80's have a lot of happy songs.
I also hate all modern rnb that I've heard, but I did happen to stumble upon an album by RZA called "Shaolin Soul" that is a mixed cd of a bunch of old school soul songs that RZA took samples from in his classic Wu era.. some more known artists like Al Green and Sly but also a lot of artists I never heard of before.. The Charmels, Ann Peebles, Gladys Knight & The Pips.. had some really dope songs on there, and this is coming from someone who's never been into R&B or soul. In fact that song "Aint No Mountain High Enough" makes me cringe to be honest...

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
In fact that song "Aint No Mountain High Enough" makes me cringe to be honest...

shock BLASPHEMY!

That's one of Marvin Gaye's best songs!

Bardock42
I like it....am I black now?

Afro Cheese
shock BLASPHEMY!

That's one of Marvin Gaye's best songs! Then I suppose I'm not a Marvin Gaye fan.. cause that's the only song of his I really know. My friend likes it a lot. Made me download it and put it on a cd for him.

Alpha Centauri
I am all in favour of ridding the world of Tim Westwood, for the record.

-AC

Emperor Ashtar
Reggaeton, pure unadulturated garbage, makes my ears bleed.

Emo?
I'd get rid of Rap, Hip-hop and RnB, because there are few bands that do these which play their own music, all they do is sing.

I'd also get rid of techno or dance, because there is no skill needed, i could make a "good" techno song on my computer anyday, cause it's easy, no skill involved.

Emo is the best type of music, so i wouldn't even think about getting rid of it big grin

vintageSW77
There is some skill needed in Techno music production
It is easy to make a decent Techno/Electro track from scratch on your pc
BUT to make something unique to stand with the big boys is summat else.
EXAMPLE -
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=121267353
My attempts at Electro......they sound like electro tracks but to me there is something missing.

Emo aint that hard to play either ...good Emo though is summat else.

Broke Beat
Originally posted by Saphira
I'd get rid of that shouty-music. it's rubbish. Also, rap. it isn't even really music. ignorance roll eyes (sarcastic)

vintageSW77
that reggaeton stuff..................i was on holiday in Spain 2 years ago and for 2 weeks EVERY car playing music had the same beat pattern as they drove by
i thought surely they cant all be playing the same track
they wasnt
upon returning home i discovered EVERY track has the same beat
how does that work?
aint it boring
easy to mix tho i guess

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by vintageSW77
that reggaeton stuff..................i was on holiday in Spain 2 years ago and for 2 weeks EVERY car playing music had the same beat pattern as they drove by
i thought surely they cant all be playing the same track
they wasnt
upon returning home i discovered EVERY track has the same beat
how does that work?
aint it boring
easy to mix tho i guess

It's garbage, my cousin has four mix Cd's of that crap. It makes my ears bleed.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Reggaeton, pure unadulturated garbage, makes my ears bleed.

I ain't gonna argue wit'chu, carnal. Of all the sub-genres of Latin music, reggaeton is some where near the bottom, ey.

And plus, its dance music, so its not the kinda shit that would just sit back and listen to.

Bardiel13
Hrm... rid the world of a musical genre, you say? I'd have to go with Avant-Garde Alternative Symphonic Progressive Doom Trip-Hop Countrycore/Dancegrind with a splash of Reggaeton and African Folk. I'd imagine it would sound absolutely unholy.

Emma Hermine
I'd get rid of Rap and Hip Hop that's not even real music. To me it's just noise...

Roulette
Originally posted by StinkFist462
celebrities singing (paris hilton, ashlee simpson, etc) . not really a genre, but oh man do they need to be wiped off the face of the earth.

I second that ^-^

Oh, and Country needs to go too yes

Eis
Originally posted by Roulette
I second that ^-^

Oh, and Country needs to go too yes
There are some bloody great Country singers. But I'm with you two about the teen celebrities.

Roulette
Originally posted by Eis
There are some bloody great Country singers. But I'm with you two about the teen celebrities.

I haven't really heard much of the classic stuff, but I've heard quite a lot of the newer stuff and it's effing shit.

Glad to hear that you're with us thumb up hehe. They cannot sing for peanuts O.O

Eis
I haven't really heard much of the classic stuff, but I've heard quite a lot of the newer stuff and it's effing shit.

Glad to hear that you're with us thumb up hehe. They cannot sing for peanuts O.O
Classic stuff? No, no... I'm talking about Shania and them.

Roulette
Originally posted by Eis
Classic stuff? No, no... I'm talking about Shania and them.

Ohhh ^-^ my mum used to play her songs all the time when I was younger, so I can't stand her music nosweat

Eis
Not the first time my sarcastic responses lack blatancy.

Roulette
Haha...well I'm embarrassed eek! embarrasment but, y'know, this is the net...it's not always so easy to recognize sarcasm.

Bardock42
Haha...well I'm embarrassed eek! embarrasment but, y'know, this is the net...it's not always so easy to recognize sarcasm.

That one was obvious though...come on..Shania? Not even Shania likes Shania.

Roulette
laughing out loud Marius, shhhh embarrasment you're making me feel worse...haha.

Bardock42
laughing out loud Marius, shhhh embarrasment you're making me feel worse...haha.

Is that an offer for me to make you feel better shifty

Roulette
laughing No, you skanky German ^-^ hehe

Arctic
I would rid the world of trash like Slipknot and Korn. Then I could live in peace without the retarded screaming of insane druggies.

M.T. STYLE
hip hop and rnb

grey fox
Pop.

As much as I despise rap and hip-hop I can admit they have a beat and the idiots who get dragged along with it are usually easy to pwn.

~Flamboyant~
I would declare MTV as a whole seperate genre, and then get rid of it.

Gannon
Rap or Country.

masterkit
Rap

Deathblow
Originally posted by M.T. STYLE
hip hop and rnb

I can't imagine a person who'd rid the world of Aretha Franklin, Al Green, De La Soul and Public Enemy would become very popular.

Personally, I'd eliminate the current breed of electronic 'urban' pop music (that is criminally referred to as R&B despite being devoid of proper rhythm or any kind of blues outside of the occasional trick b!tch or slight dullness of the bling), purveyed by the likes of Beyonce, Akon and Timbaland. Saying that, it'll die out within the next decade anyway, as trends march on, so it may be pointless to do so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.