Darth Maul vs Delta Squad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Null ARC Avis
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Delta_Squad
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Katarn-class_commando_armor
some help on Delta Squad. This is on coruscant.

darthsith19
Hmm, Delta Squad is the strongest Clone Commando Squad there is. The members of the squad have taken out Destroyer Droids, right? I'd say they take Maul, don't know how many die, though. It most likely would be kinda close.

Quinlan_Vos
You sure? Maul could Force Push or do something to take two of the commandos out of the picture. Then he uses his lightsaber against the the other two. Finally he finishes the final two he knocked down. This is what I am assuming, since Maul is good with the saber and his Force Push should be pretty powerful as with little effort he Force Pushed Kenobi down.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
You sure? Maul could Force Push or do something to take two of the commandos out of the picture. Then he uses his lightsaber against the the other two. Finally he finishes the final two he knocked down. This is what I am assuming, since Maul is good with the saber and his Force Push should be pretty powerful as with little effort he Force Pushed Kenobi down.
I'm sure. How can Maul Force Push 2 away? For one thing, that wouldn't take them out of the picture, get them out for 10 seconds, maybe, and while he's Force Pushing them there's a good chance one of the other two will shoot him. Against all four at once, well, Mundi got beaten by a regular squad of Clones and this is not just a Commando Squad but the best Commando Squad ever. One of them is stronger than a Destroyer Droid, and two Destroyer Droids are hard for TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to handle, and Maul was pretty even with those two.

Quinlan_Vos
1.) Mundi got killed by the GALACTIC MARINES. They are Elite clones and one of the best. Mundi is a High General, he has to lead a powerful regiment. Commander Bacara has ARC training. Mundi didn't die to a regular squad of clones.

2.) Maul isn't at all equal to TPM QGJ and Obi. Maul handled both of them with little difficultly. He was only making sure he doesn't make a mistake so that's why he stalls the duel. He beats up a revived QGJ in less than a minute.

3.) QGJ and Obi could have easily defeated those Droidekas. However, they were only stalling for a more larger attack force so that's why they escape.

4.) I don't see why Maul couldn't Force Push one of them into a wall hard enough for them to go down for more than half a minute?

It also depends on the position of the Squad. Are they surrounding Maul or are they in the corners and Maul is in the center. If they are surrounding him, then maul loses. If not they are storming up to him, Maul has a good chance.

Mesirus
if battlefront two ahs anythink to do withthis maul could lob his saber and that'd kill them all

Null ARC Avis
IT CAN WITHSTAND LIGHT CANNON ROUNDS!!!

Blax X
Thats foolish thinking. Of course a HIGHLY TRAINED 4-man army is just going to try to waltz up toMaul and shoot him in a clump. The very first thing they'll do is move in in a spread formation, then surround him. Maul dies.

darthsith19
Okay, Bacara has ARC training. Proof that the rest wern't regular Clone Troopers?

I know, but Mundi's isn't far behind Jinn. So if he gets pwnd by regular Clones someone like Maul would get beaten by the greatest Commando team ever.

If they could have taken them easily why didn't they? Just pwn them and then cut through the door? Where's the proof that they were stalling for a much larger attack force? The movie doesn't support this, it merely shows random Battle Droids running at the Jedi and getting pwnd by Kenobi, then the Droideka's come and the Jedi flee, Qui-Gon even stating "It's a standoff!" Standoff: a tie or draw, as in a game. something that counterbalances. A tie or draw, as in a contest. A situation in which one force neutralizes or counterbalances the other. A standoff insulator.

So, according to Qui-Gon, the two Droideka's were equal to the two of them, signifying that two of the commando's = Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan as of TPM and the 4 of them = Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon at of TPM ^2.

Darman, an Omega Squad Commando, where's the same armor as the members of the Delta Squad. He got shot with a blaster and merely got a nice bruise. That armor is strong as hell, Force Pushing ain't gonna do much of anything except get Maul shot while he's using telekinesis.

I dunno? Avis?

Null ARC Avis
They start out in random places within 100 miles of the densist part of the city world. it is random and at the begining non are within 1 mile of another. Delta has its built in comlinks

darthsith19
Okay, cause of the comlinks they re-group and defeat Maul together. Without them Maul could pick them off one by one, though.

Quinlan_Vos
Are you sure? Qui-Gon was described as one of the best Jedi's ever in Ataru and said to be close to TPM Mace Windu (I would say he's at least on Maul's level). I believe Mundi would lose comfortably to QGJ. Mundi along with five other Jedi got pwned by GG.

Read this link.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Marines

What you said seems accurate, however I have a hard time believing Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are only equal to two Destroyer Droids. There must have been an exception like they felt that there would be more enemies through the door, etc, idk.

If they can use their comlinks to get Maul surrounded, then he dies. However, he could just snipe them out if he used the Force (like how he tracks QGJ and Obi-Wan all the way to Tatooine).

darthsith19
Mundi and the others only got beaten so badly cause
A. They were exhausted
B. They were afraid of Grievous
and
C. Grievous caught them by surprise

Without those advantages I doubt GG would beat them. I doubt an exhausted and afraid TPM Jinn could do much betetr against CW GG than Mundi did.

Okay, but their still not as strong as the Clone Commando's.

Maybe, either way, though, if 2 were close to them 4 would destroy them for sure.

That's different. He tracked them to Tatioone due to Sio Bibble's message that he sent to the queen. He can't do that here.

jollyjim311
Anyone with any EU knowledge of Maul knows he takes these punks out easy. Read the comics. He takes on like 7 Black Sun Vigos easy. Maul wins, no doubt.

Darth Kreiger
Didn't Maul kill like 100 Mercenarys? I say he wins, he'll either pick em off 1 by 1, or if he fights em all at once, he deflects their blasts, and kills them all

darthsith19
Excuse me, I've read all the Darth Maul Comics and Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. Elite Republic Commando's are far stronger than Black Sun Vigo's. And yes, Maul killed like a hundred mercenaries but he didn't fight them all at the same time. Republic Commando's could likely do that. I've read your Maul comics and books, now you go read Republic Commando: Hard Contact.

Darth Kreiger
Did Delta Squad ever fight a Force User? Killing a 100 Droids is easy, as so many Jedi did, but they couldn't stand up to a Sith

jollyjim311
Not Maul.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Did Delta Squad ever fight a Force User? Killing a 100 Droids is easy, as so many Jedi did, but they couldn't stand up to a Sith
I dunno whether they ever did or not, doubtful that they ever killed a Sith cause we know they didn't kill Sidious, Tyranus or Vader, the only Sith of their time, a Jedi, maybe, probably during Order 66. But it doesn't matter, the regular Clones in ROTS proved themselves cappable of taking out strong Jedi so Elite Commando's certainly can.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by darthsith19
I dunno whether they ever did or not, doubtful that they ever killed a Sith cause we know they didn't kill Sidious, Tyranus or Vader, the only Sith of their time, a Jedi, maybe, probably during Order 66. But it doesn't matter, the regular Clones in ROTS proved themselves cappable of taking out strong Jedi so Elite Commando's certainly can.

The Jedi were facing huge odds, did not expect it, and were pretty much fighting both sides(Look at Ki-Adi-Mundi, he got pwned by both)

I meant Jedi not being able to stand up against Sith, yet they COULD take out Hundreds of Droids

Maul would win this

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
The Jedi were facing huge odds, did not expect it, and were pretty much fighting both sides(Look at Ki-Adi-Mundi, he got pwned by both)

I meant Jedi not being able to stand up against Sith, yet they COULD take out Hundreds of Droids

Maul would win this
So Clones who can defeat Destroyer Droids are going to lose to Maul? Clones who can beat Magnaguards? Whatever, I have knowledge of both sides, I've read books on the Commando's and books (comics, too) on Maul. Do you have knowledge of Clone Commando's, even? Have you read Republic Commando: Hard Contact or Triple Zero?

kamikz
Didn't Maul take out a room full of mercenaries (like 20 or so) in seconds. (As one of the leaders stated, it didn't even slow him down ONE BIT). He is also pretty efficiant at dodging blaster bolts, even without using his sword. He also reflects laser perfectly back at the opponent, being disappointed by himself when he in Shadow Hunter missed by a tiny margin.

Not saying he'll win, but I haven't reached a conclusion yet...

darthsith19
Originally posted by kamikz
Didn't Maul take out a room full of mercenaries (like 20 or so) in seconds. (As one of the leaders stated, it didn't even slow him down ONE BIT). He is also pretty efficiant at dodging blaster bolts, even without using his sword. He also reflects laser perfectly back at the opponent, being disappointed by himself when he in Shadow Hunter missed by a tiny margin.

Not saying he'll win, but I haven't reached a conclusion yet...
20 Mercenaries vs. 4 Elite Clone Commando's? The Comamndo's would whipe the floor with the mercenaries, seriously, when shot Commando's only get bruises, that's how good their armor is, they are far more powerful than mercenaries. Darman took out a squad of battle droid by himself (was it battle droids or just some of Ghez Hokan's goons?). and he only got shot once. And Darman's a member of Omega Squad, not Delta Squad, the members of Delta Squad are even stronger. And deflecting blaster bolts back at them won't kill them., not for a long time, anyway.

kamikz
Well to kill 20 mercs in seconds he must be damn fast, they would probably have a hard time hitting him. Besides, he could crack necks easily with a force grip, like he does in the black sun. And if he jumps very high and then behind them, I doubt they would get time to get far, especially aim at him at that height. And though their armor might take blaster bolts, no doubt that it will give them a good impact, maybe knock them to the ground.

jollyjim311
A lightsaber will cut right through their armor, though.

Prodigal Knight
Regular clones!!! The Galactic Marines were ELITES!!! Maybe someone like Stass Alie got killed by regular clones, but certainly NOT Ki-Adi Mundi.

I would still believe Maul could eliminate at least one or two of them before the other two arrive to confront the Sith Lord.

darthsith19
Well to kill 20 mercs in seconds he must be damn fast, they would probably have a hard time hitting him. Besides, he could crack necks easily with a force grip, like he does in the black sun. And if he jumps very high and then behind them, I doubt they would get time to get far, especially aim at him at that height. And though their armor might take blaster bolts, no doubt that it will give them a good impact, maybe knock them to the ground.
Yes, he killed the Mercs quickly. Mercs that didn't all have blasters, but mostly that engaged him in close-quarters combat and din't have repeating dc-17 blasters (what Fordo has in the Microseries) as well as
DC-17 interchangeable weapon systems.
Could he choke them with the Force, all at once? If not, while he's choking one of them, the other three will blast him into smitherines. And remember, they start spread out in random places within 100 miles of the densist part of Courscant.

That's why they wouldn't engage him in Close Quarters Combat, but keep their distance. But they are good at Close Quarters Combat, Darman, using only his fists, took out a teenage Jedi Padawan who was armed with a lightsaber quite easily and, again, the members of Delta Squad are stronger than Darman.

I have acknowledged this. But the otehr Clones who killed Jedi were regular Clones (plus one ARC Commander, though).

That's just what you want to believe. Maul has no way of finding them amongst several million people. The Clones have comlinks, they could plan to meet outside the Jedi Temple, somewhere Maul wouldn't want to go anyway, and then the four of them could form a plan and take Maul together when he's not expecting it. The Clones will have the terrain advantage, the advantage of having a plan and the advantage of surprise.

kamikz
I don't see how the clones are gonna find him either. It should be easier to find clones than finding a sith, and Maul is an expert at tracking people.....

And a normal person with normal speed couldn't do it in seconds, it's impossible. It didn't even slow him down one bit, which means he practially did it instantly. (Not instantly, but close to...) But I was thinking about a straight out fight on a field, never saw the conditions of the fight. I still belive it would be a hard time for them to find Maul as well....
This fight is to messed up, I can't belive how they are gonna fight eachother over courascant, it's damn impossible to find eachother. Why not a straight out fight? People seem to have alot to discuss about this battle....

He can snap necks can't he? Don't see how it would be harder to do on a Clone than someone else....

((The_Anomaly))
All I can say about this is that Maul owns them, hard.

darthsith19
True. In that case, they regroup and form a plan, then wait for Maul. When he finds them they destroy him together.

Did I ever say Maul was a normal person? And isn't seconds an exaggeration, anyway? it probably took him at least a minute.

Where did we get the impression that it didn't slow him down one bit, anyways?

When has he ever snapped necks using the Force?

Prodigal Knight
No, you haven't proven that the Galactic Marines were regular clones. In fact, if you go back to my previous post and find the link to the Galactic Marines, you'll find that in the first paragraph they were described as Elites. Bacara is an ARC, that itself makes him deadly. ARC's were said to equal one hundred regular clones.

kamikz
True. In that case, they regroup and form a plan, then wait for Maul. When he finds them they destroy him together.

Did I ever say Maul was a normal person? And isn't seconds an exaggeration, anyway? it probably took him at least a minute.

Where did we get the impression that it didn't slow him down one bit, anyways?

When has he ever snapped necks using the Force?

Or he destroys them.......... stick out tongue

Nope, neither did I say you said so. Those he was chasing said it didn't slow him down one bit, so I kinda belive them.....

He did it when walking towards a room, and killing someone who was behind him or something.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
No, you haven't proven that the Galactic Marines were regular clones. In fact, if you go back to my previous post and find the link to the Galactic Marines, you'll find that in the first paragraph they were described as Elites. Bacara is an ARC, that itself makes him deadly. ARC's were said to equal one hundred regular clones.
That's why I said "Okay, but their still not as strong as the Clone Commando's." when you first posted the galactic marines link, and then, just a little while ago, said "I have acknowledged this." Do you understand what I am saying? And the ARC = 100 Clones thing, that means one ARC can accomplish what a hundred clones can, it doesn't mean one ARC could match 100 Clones in a fight.

When was this? And at any rate he couldn't snap all their necks at once.

Prodigal Knight
Well Bacara himself could probably take on one or two of the Delta Squad.

darthsith19
One, yes, two, no, definately not. One would be hard, too...

kamikz
That's why I said "Okay, but their still not as strong as the Clone Commando's." when you first posted the galactic marines link, and then, just a little while ago, said "I have acknowledged this." Do you understand what I am saying? And the ARC = 100 Clones thing, that means one ARC can accomplish what a hundred clones can, it doesn't mean one ARC could match 100 Clones in a fight.

When was this? And at any rate he couldn't snap all their necks at once.

The Maul comic ain't working for me, it just says "page cannot be found" so I can't show you, your gonna have to look it up yourself. Either way, he could easily snap ones neck, then the others, not at once, but one after the other.

darthsith19
The Maul comic ain't working for me, it just says "page cannot be found" so I can't show you, your gonna have to look it up yourself. Either way, he could easily snap ones neck, then the others, not at once, but one after the other.
Is that swtimeline.ru? It hasn't been working for me for the past week or so, either. sad And he's not gonna be able to snap one enck after anotehr cause while he's snapping the first enck he'll get about 30 lasers fired at his head.

kamikz
Hasn't he dodged a room full of laser before? Besides, in Courascant, they are gonna have to shoot through hundreds of people if they are gonna open wildfire like that. And Maul could break a neck with a swipe of his hand, not to hard....

darthsith19
Hasn't he dodged a room full of laser before? Besides, in Courascant, they are gonna have to shoot through hundreds of people if they are gonna open wildfire like that. And Maul could break a neck with a swipe of his hand, not to hard....
I dunno if he has, probably, but not so precise aiming as that of the Commando's, plus he won't be able to dodge it and snap necks at the same time. I think if they engaged Maul or vica-versa the crowd would be smart enough to disperse very quickly. And the Commando's arn't stupid enough to let Maul get close enough to snap their necks with his hand.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
All I can say about this is that Maul owns them, hard.

kamikz
Though I wonder, how far do you actually need to be to snap their necks with the force? Maul does it on one who is hiding and when he has his back turned, and Darth Vader on someone who is far away that he cannot even see.

jollyjim311
Depends on the force users power, I s'pose.

Kas'Im
Probably mastery and control more than power.

kamikz
I guess, though there shouldn't really be much "range" difference between force users, like Yoda and Luke can both lift/move an X-Wing who is far away....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.