New Elvis Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mattalgrand
I'm a huge Elvis fan. Anything to do with The King will make me shudder in hetero-excitement. Which is why I kinda freaked when I saw the listing of an upcoming flick called "Elvis and Anabelle." Much to my surprise, it actually has nothing to do with THE Elvis we all know and love.

It's about a mortician who falls in love with a beauty queen who comes back from the dead mid-embalming. Wow. This could either be a really weird Cronenberg-esque acid trip or a really interesting social commentary on illusion vs. reality.

I dunno. It's directed by Will Geiger, who did a really good movie called "Ocean Tribe" almost a decade ago.

I'll have my fingers crossed.

office jesus
So sad.

Omegaman
Really sad that they are using Elvis's name! The only good Elvis movie ever made is the one that Kurt Russell was in!! Its also sad that no other GOOD movie has been made about the KING OF ROCK N ROLL!!

"Thank you very much!"

epicadventure
Elvis was in Walk The Line, sort of (the Johnny Cash movie). wink

I looked up the movie after I read this post- I totally expected something a little more, well, *Elvis* somehow. I don't even think the movie has anything to do with music at all. But I like Blake Lively- she's the blond chick from Accepted, which I though was pretty frickin funny.

jaden101
the only good film about elvis was bubba ho-tep

cain marko
why is it sad that they are using elvis's name? last i knew anyone could have and use that name. i didn't think it ws trade marked. now if the title was elvis presely and anabelle then i would unerstand.

bakerboy
I saw the one with Kurt Russel and directed by John Carpenter, was good.

The new one with Johanthan Ryes Myers is ok, but i think that the definitive Elvis biopic movie hasnt been made for the moment.

Coolhalvo
I don't think they are wrong to use the Elvis name. Its a good name that needs to be used more, in my opinoin. I could see how it could be aggravating to expect the king and get this guy, but after those few seconds, its all good stuff. I made it to the "official site" and I like what I saw. For a indie movie it sure looks like they spent excessive amounts of money on it.

jenlovetv
i noticed elvis has gained more success then he's ever had before .. this movie's basically going to put'em in that movie buff catergory . He's the best period.

Epik
The movie is premiering in a week at South By Southwest in Austin, TX. I am so pumped. Is anyone else going to the festival? If so is this a movie that you would want to see?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.