Halloween/Bonfire night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
So whos brought there holloween costumes and fireworks ?? I love bonfire night Happy Dance Lots of fireworks .

I still need to collect some firewood ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThePittman
http://www.pitfour-estate.com/images/firewood.jpg

§P0oONY
I hate the fact that the American's are starting to do the whole Novermber the 5th thing... It's our tradition, not an American one.... I also hate how the English do the whole Halloween thing... That's an American thing... Not English....

I also hate Halloween... It's so shit.

Wait... Just looked it up on Wikipedia... Halloween is actually Irish...

ThePittman
Never heard of the Nov 5th thing

lord xyz

§P0oONY
It's a big deal in England... Not a public holiday or anything but there are firework displays going on all over the country as well as big bonfires a Mr.Fawkes Burning on top of them. (Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the houses of Parliament on the 5th of November, 1605 and was put to death.)

§P0oONY
Originally posted by lord xyz
Halloween's pagan. But shit nonetheless. What's so great about wearing costumes and disturbing people's house?

I agree, if you was sweets just go and buy some... Don't go knocking on people's doors like a ****. Many elderly people must be shit scared on Halloween and I just feel sorry for them.

lord xyz

Lana
Halloween's pagan. But shit nonetheless. What's so great about wearing costumes and disturbing people's house?

You're not disturbing people's houses, because they expect people to come. Hardly a disturbance I would say.

ThePittman

§P0oONY
If he did it now, everyone would think he's a hero.
Well, I think he's pretty much a hero anyway... I mean... he does have a day.

Originally posted by Lana
You're not disturbing people's houses, because they expect people to come. Hardly a disturbance I would say.
You've obviously never heard of Anti-Guising. (As it's known in Scotland)

lord xyz
Bonfire night however is brilliant.

See what I did there?

Lana
You'd need to be in the US for Halloween to really understand how it is.

What's so fun about a fire and fireworks? stick out tongue

§P0oONY

Just go ahead and feed the obesity... That's the way to live... roll eyes (sarcastic)

lord xyz

What's so fun about a fire and fireworks? stick out tongue shock Fire is warm and pretty, fireworks are pretty and good to show off. (Especially in London.)

§P0oONY
shock Fire is warm and pretty, fireworks are pretty and good to show off. (Especially in London.)

Also there are always parties about... At Haloween too. Good excuse to get high and/or drunk.

Lana

lord xyz
Oh dear, having to resort to tired old stereotypes.

So? I could go light a fire whenever I want...and there's nothing special or fun about fireworks. Ever lit a fire 10 feet high? And don't you guys have that 4th July thing for fieworks? (Along with 20 other holidays).

§P0oONY
It's not a stereotype... America is the most obese country... confused

Plus it's all about the history and shit. It's not just some random fire. It's also ****ing huge...

Lana
Ever lit a fire 10 feet high? And don't you guys have that 4th July thing for fieworks? (Along with 20 other holidays).

Yes, and I don't celebrate/care about the 4th of July, I wasn't even in the US on it this year.

§P0oONY
http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/looknorthnecumbria/weather/calendar_competition_05/november/images/10.jpg

The bonfire in my small town last year... It was about as tall as a 2-story building.

lord xyz

§P0oONY
Britain's the most obese in Europe. ermm

Yeah.... That's true... But then again we don't go crazy at Halloween and we've got those school dinner reforms taking place.

Lana
People don't go crazy at Halloween, though, that's the thing.

And huge fires aren't as much fun anyway. You can't play with them stick out tongue

ThePittman
Well we do have the burning man parites, I don't know much about it though.

lord xyz

§P0oONY
Who says you can't play with big fires?

The amounts of shit people throw on it when it's alight is outstanding.... Fireworks, cans of beans, cans of paint.... anything that will explode... It's pretty dangerous but people still do it... That's what Bonfire night's all about.

~Kongu_Dude~
What's Bonfire Night?

We dont have that in Sweden. ermm

Strangelove
Remember, remember the 5th of November

§P0oONY
Those school dinners thing is one of the worst thing ever. Everyone at my school just goes to the shops round the corner. (Except people who have free dinners)

Yeah... I generally just go into town... But then again I'm allowed to. We have teachers paroling the entrances and shit so people who aren't allowed have to stay. I assume people still find a way to bail though... Or they simply get food after school. Whatever really.

Lana

~Kongu_Dude~
Originally posted by Strangelove
Remember, remember the 5th of November

Sure. ermm

It's my friends birthday. srug

§P0oONY
Dude, my friends and I do that when we have small fires in our yards laughing out loud

Yes but you're the one who said you can't play with big fires... Which is simply not true. You just can't understand until you've witnessed it... It's not like Halloween which is simply Trick or Treating.

Lana

lord xyz

§P0oONY
Can't really do stuff like poke at a large fire, because it's too large and hot to get too close to (I've done it), and explosions are far more fun when it's a smaller fire. The fire is just there as a catalyst.

And how can you say I can't understand until I've witnessed it, yet you're happily judging Halloween? Have you ever been in the US for Halloween?

It's not about playing with fire.... It's about hanging with friends... Around mesmerising large fires, watching fireworks and simply having fun.

I can judge Halloween as it's celebrated in my country. People dress up and go trick or treating, people throw parties, people do all those Halloweenish things that Halloween is all about it. I imagine Halloween in America is pretty much exactly the same as we English pretty much stole it all of you. THe only real difference is that in England we have chavs... Who insist of egging houses of people, sometimes elderly people's houses. That's what I hate it for.

Lana

lord xyz

§P0oONY

ADarksideJedi
I am a hippy and I have wood!Lets burn this wood!jmsly

lord xyz
religious people can't be hippies.

ADarksideJedi
Sure they can!jm

Marth18
lets kill dogs

ADarksideJedi
No cats!jmcat

Marth18
NO I AM A CAT!

ADarksideJedi
ok dogs then but not my puppy!Got to go!jm

Marth18
dogs, not puppies so you are safe

coolmovies
I belive halloween is a way of making money . I mean Do u really belive in ghosts and witches ??

Bonfire night well thats true about the parilment been blown up by a person called guy fawkes ..

They dont make fireworks like they used too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.