Power Metal-Like it or not???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BornToRule

The Highlord
Like or Not?

LOVE

stick out tongue

I really like this kind of music, but it wasint until Deano interduced dragonforce to me that I started listening to it for real, I was really hooked by it and since I have been listening to it alot, I agree it has some great combo's, some of my favorite bands of the genre are these

Helloween
Gamma Ray
Dragonland
Dragonforce
Sonata Arctica
Freedom Call
Kamelot
Avantasia
Fairyland
Sigma

I really like those and I recommend them to those who like power metal to take a listen.

BornToRule
Originally posted by The Highlord
Like or Not?

LOVE

stick out tongue

I really like this kind of music, but it wasint until Deano interduced dragonforce to me that I started listening to it for real, I was really hooked by it and since I have been listening to it alot, I agree it has some great combo's, some of my favorite bands of the genre are these

Helloween
Gamma Ray
Dragonland
Dragonforce
Sonata Arctica
Freedom Call
Kamelot
Avantasia
Fairyland
Sigma

I really like those and I recommend them to those who like power metal to take a listen.

Wow someone that agrres with me cool :P

~Flamboyant~
My favorite genre as of now.

The Core
I dig some personally, namely Edguy, who come off as a little TOO theatrical at times, but still. Their music makes me want to go out and ****ing conquer the world.

§P0oONY
I enjoy it but I can't realy get excited by it. It's awesome to listen to on substances though.

Swe_Bum
I love Power Metal ^^ Especially Dragonforce!! big grin (but i do like other metal Categories)

BornToRule

§P0oONY
I love when that happens... The whole back chill really shows what music's good.

Alpha Centauri
I can stand Dragonforce in small doses.

I think this kind of metal has it's biggest flaw in it's concept. The idea of so-called power metal is to be epic, but epic songs usually don't try to be epic.

-AC

Bardiel13
Quite possibly one of my favorite genres.
Favorites include:
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Kamelot
Thy Majestie
Nightwish
etc.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I can stand Dragonforce in small doses.

I think this kind of metal has it's biggest flaw in it's concept. The idea of so-called power metal is to be epic, but epic songs usually don't try to be epic.

-AC

One word: Rhapsody.

Alpha Centauri
Yes, I know them.

I made my judgement whilst knowing them.

-AC

Bardiel13
Yes, I know them.

I made my judgement whilst knowing them.

-AC

I didn't doubt it. Just an example of a power metal band that's epic and STAYS epic. wink

Alpha Centauri
In your opinion.

-AC

BornToRule
im interested in getting AVANTASIA: the metal opera 1 and 2. is it something you would recommend???.

because the truth is i love the powermetalstyle but i havent heard to many bands thats into it.

the bands ive heard is.

Sonata Arctica
Lost Horizon (some swedish band not very big 2 albums)
Nightwish
Freedom Call
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Kamelot
Blind Guardian(i had to research this and according to Wikipedia they are couted as powermetal altought they have a quite unique sound)
HAMMERFALL ( i like the style and some say its powermetal but i dont know)

Bardiel13
In your opinion.

-AC

You disagree?! sad

The Pict
I love power metal

BornToRule
i must say that i rank freedom call pretty high on my list. but since their sound is SO DRAMATIC with lots of synthsounds it tends to get a little to much when i listen to them for to long.

they have much inspiration from Gamma Ray or should i say very much inspiration. even though the songs dont sound the same its the whole style they have its like they just took it from Gamma Ray and Spiced it up and made som changes. Therefore i place Gamma Ray above them. (its that and they got Kai...i just love the red guitar he has. also they have been around for longer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.