Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

v0m12
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486576/

H. S. 6
"Sue... let's not fight."

"No. Lets!"

I vomited. Luckily, I'm not expecting much more from this.

NoFate007
Yeah they definitely need some new writers. Dialogue like that is so cheesy.

Darth Putte
I liked the FF. It took too long for them to get there powers thou.
Other than that, I liked the cast and the effects, especially Torchy boys stuff, wicked!

PRAYERRUN
I personally loved the movie...but i wish that dr. doom had a deeper voice.....

Scoobless
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
I personally loved the movie...but i wish that dr. doom had a deeper voice.....

Or an accent?

no expression

Seriously though... why do people need their bad guys to have deep voices?.... is a nostalgia thing people have about Darth Vader or something?

Zahit
The F4 movie sucked. sucked hard. stupid as all hell.

Marvel should have made it a cool series on Sci-Fi Network.
That would've worked FAR better than movies.
F4 are far too rich in history and stories to confine them
to a few movies. A well-done series would have been WAY better.

Swanky-Tuna
I didn't think the first one was that bad but it was very cheesy.

I must say this though. Surfer and/or Doom after stealing Surfer's powers better rock so much face that my nose bleeds from watching it or... or... I guess I didn't think this out.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by H. S. 6
"Sue... let's not fight."

"No. Lets!"

I vomited. Luckily, I'm not expecting much more from this.

And the stance she used to throw her force field was ridiuclous. They shoulde used a CGI for Thing.

TricksterPriest
For me, torch and thing were the best of the 4. The suit was better than CGI because it seemed less outlandish, not to mention that Michael Chikless was the very image of the thing. And I thought the guy playing Johnny Storm was perfectly cast. Sue was bitchy and annoying. Reed needed work. I know the actor who played him, Ioah Gufford, is better than this. I've seen him acting in other roles, like Horatio Hornblower, and I know this is sub-par for him. Maybe it's the directing, and not so much the films themselves that needs work. Also, Doom must have a shit load of technology including Doombots next movie. I'm expecting something good from the Silver Surfer. The actor playing him is the guy who was Abe Sapien in Hellboy. I think he has the acting chops. But who's playing the big 'G'?

FOOM
I thought all the F.F. actors were good within the confines of the script. Bu that charmed/nip-tuck guy as Doom really sucked.
I heard him explain in an interview that he gave up on try to create an accent for a country that doesn't really exist... what a cop-out for an actor... he obviously doesn't take his craft seriously.
Note: Tom Hanks did it in The Terminal.

Madvillain
Nova (Frankie Raye) is in this movie. Just a heads up.

redcaped
Fantastic...with Jessica

Wolfie
I enjoyed the first FF and I'm excited for seeing the Silver Surfer added to the mix.

I was hoping they'd go with a different villain rather than Dr. Doom returning though.

Madvillain
Both Galactus and Dr. Doom are villains in this. Silver Surfer is an anti-hero, or possibly even villain.

MattDay
surfer will become a hero in the end and attack galactus and doom

Face
they've just started filming F4 two and the castings complete even their flying car

roughrider
They started shooting FF2 in early August. If anyone comes across a picture of the Silver Surfer - fully animated by WETA - please share it as soon as possible.

K3VIL
IMHO F4 first movie judgements:
Plot:
Part based on the original tale, part based on the Ultimate version.
We got them in the present, we got Doom which is showed being an european man who reached the heights of power, but comes from Latveria, so the connections for the second movie are estabilished.The F4 are good, Ben is the voice of reason, who goes straight up for the things while Reed's excessive seek of logic leads them into troubles sometimes, like the Cosmic Storm.We got Susan, which is used to make an image of a turning on heroine, while with more work from Jessica Alba she could have been portrayed a bit better.Johnny is a well builted young guy, always seeking chicks, glory, fun and less safier as he can find attractions and things to do.
It's a 7/10, after all, for a 2 hours movie, the coming out wasn't that bad.

Characters:
Victor Von Doom/Doctor Doom
Let's start from the only displeasing.His origins are linked more to the Ultimate counterpart than to those of the 616 Universe.The metallic alloy of the space station's shields make him a sort of Colossus, which can also emit, absorb and channel electrical energies.His appearence begin to slowly change, and when he boosts his powers using the energies drained from Ben, his face become more scared, forcing him to use the mask, a gift from his loved Latveria.But Doom is supposed to be a scientific genius on par with Reed, he only proved his competence "healing" Ben.Then we got him using a rocket launcher, having a slugfest with the Thing and then blasting the whole team with his electrical blasts.That's why Tim Story says he'll be back in FULL DOOM.He is more than a superhuman strength and durability owner who blasts electricity and is made of organic metal.Doom reappered at the F4 presence owning an armor which made him a one man army and enhanced his presence when he stays along side of his enemies.The costume for the movie was cool to me, more a coat than a vest, but ok, and the mask was great.But how is Tim Story going to put him in FULL DOOM version?

K3VIL
He'll break out from suspended animation while in Latveria, and use his remained resources to built up his fortress and take over the nation, and that's a reasonable plot.But for his powers?
1.Using a machine e's able to channel back the cosmic energies with a machine, then he uses them to power up a suit of armor, so he gains back human appearence but his face is still horribly scared.

2.He MUST built up a suit of armor to channel his powers to further levels and become more powerful and also gave the armor some enhancements and defensive and offensive systems to grant himself better chances of winning the next time.His suit of armor will not make him looking like a walking tank, just be something to put over his body, so not very huge or excessivly thick.

To me, these are reasonable changings in the character, on the abilities.
About his way of acting:
Outsmarting Ben wasn't that great feat of intelligence.Taking weapons from his industries blasting the guards, I mean he's supposed to be respected and feared even as a simple man, why does he have to blast his way to his properties, or former ones like a common superthug like Electro or the Beetle?
Also the lack of really megalomany, or thirst for power in the dialogues, maked MacMahon looking like the not good actor he isn't.I follow him from NIP/TUCK and Charmed, he's more than this.
Anyway, considering I finally saw my favourite of all villain on the big screen, he got his green cape, the hood and make some kickass decent action, and thank to MacMahon it's a 7/10 but it's gaved trusting into more developments.

S-Ranger
Originally posted by Zahit
The F4 movie sucked. sucked hard. stupid as all hell.

Marvel should have made it a cool series on Sci-Fi Network.
That would've worked FAR better than movies.
F4 are far too rich in history and stories to confine them
to a few movies. A well-done series would have been WAY better.

Damn straight and i've got a feeling the same mistake is going to be repeated.

office jesus
Why is a sequel even being considered? The first film BOMBED in theaters. It doesn't make any logical sense.

roughrider
Originally posted by office jesus
Why is a sequel even being considered? The first film BOMBED in theaters. It doesn't make any logical sense.

Actually the opposite. Despite the negative reviews, the film opened to nearly $60 million, and would gross $156 million in North America, and $329 million overall worldwide - against a budget of $100 million or so.
That it overcame the negative reviews is part of the reason the sequel is getting made, with promises it will be better.

Sabretooth
I saw the trailer today and was really impressed with the animation for the Surfer. The visuals alone will make this worth watching.

Wally West
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I didn't think the first one was that bad but it was very cheesy.

I must say this though. Surfer and/or Doom after stealing Surfer's powers better rock so much face that my nose bleeds from watching it or... or... I guess I didn't think this out.

i agree... with some of it... stick out tongue

i thought the first movie had good points, i liked johnny storm (imo all that was missing was blonde hair), gruffoud (sp?), as someone said, is better than this, same goes for mcmahon...

alba sucked... she's too young for sue, and i don't see a damn bit of resemblance...

thing... i don't know... i thought chiklis was alright, but the suit... meh... messed

Originally posted by Wally West
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

nice...

Validus
Alba as Sue Storm has to be one of the worst casting choices ever. Yeah, we all know she's hot but get serious.

Surfer looks like a pimp in that trailer though.

Avalonofthewind
Never thought I'd say it...but Surfer really does look pimp in that.

Lucid Lui
Surfer is the only reason i'll pay to see this movie.

john allerdyce
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/large.html

Validus
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Surfer is the only reason i'll pay to see this movie.
Until you hear this.

Galactus: Let's not fight.
Surfer: No, lets!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Validus
Alba as Sue Storm has to be one of the worst casting choices ever. Yeah, we all know she's hot but get serious.

Surfer looks like a pimp in that trailer though. Should have been someone who looks the part, and therefore is pretty hot, and can act. With a better script... And just a better movie overall...

e.g. Charlize Theron
http://images.askmen.com/top-99/2006/pictures/charlize-theron-pics.jpg

And yes, he does.

Accel
Surfer looks cooler than I expected, but isn't Galactus also in this? I still have my doubts of how well Galactus would work in a movie.

xmarksthespot
I don't think Galactus is in this... but I could be wrong... it's rare, but it happens.

Impediment
Check out the teaser trailer.

Doug Jones, who played Abe Sapien in Hellboy, will be the Silver Surfer. I gotta admit, this teaser surprised the **** out of me. I'm betting that this will deliver more than the first movie since we dont have to go through an origin backstory. Most of all, I just sincerely hope that Galactus will be portrayed as the cosmic powered badass he is, and not some ass in a big purple hat.

(Sorry if this is a dupe thread, Dusty. stick out tongue)

H. S. 6
Personally, I doubt Galactus will have any significant part in the movie. Maybe something of an allusion to him, but nothing more.

Wolfie
I feel Bryan Singer said it best when he was making X-Men 2. He said that the first movie is about the origins and the second one, you can just have fun with the characters.

We probably should expect the Silver Surfer backstory in this though.

In regards to the trailer, it looks great. I really liked the part when Johnny Storm was like, "I just bought this tux... Flame On!"

Impediment
I'm pretty sure that Norrin Radd's back story will be told, from when he was a normal being on planet Zenn-La and offered himself as a herald to Galactus in order to spare his planet from being "eaten" by the "Destroyer of Worlds".

What worries me is how the story of Dr. Doom, who is, in my utmost opinion, the greatest Marvel villain ever, will be continued. I was very disappointed at how easily he was beaten in the first movie. Then again, Victor was just getting started................

BTW, I'm a comic book collector/nerd. no expression

Myth
Why is it that when they made X-men, the fire and ice guys looked cool, yet the Fantastic Four trailer just screams "terrible CGI"? I hated the first, and this should be worse since background stories are often the best part of a story.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm pretty sure that Norrin Radd's back story will be told, from when he was a normal being on planet Zenn-La and offered himself as a herald to Galactus in order to spare his planet from being "eaten" by the "Destroyer of Worlds".

What worries me is how the story of Dr. Doom, who is, in my utmost opinion, the greatest Marvel villain ever, will be continued. I was very disappointed at how easily he was beaten in the first movie. Then again, Victor was just getting started................

BTW, I'm a comic book collector/nerd. no expression
Me too. Spawn forever! no expression

I'm worried about the Dr. Doom story as well. Bringing in the Surfer would be bringing in Galactus too, right? So are they going to be teaming up or what?

Perhaps the Surfer comes to Earth, meets with the FF and all, defeats Dr. Doom, and the end brings the rise of Galactus? It's just an idea. They're contracted to a third movie anyway....

Validus
They can't have Norrin Radd without mention of Galactus. According to imdb, Frankie Raye is also in the movie so maybe we'll see Nova too.

Impediment

SpaceMonkey
Man, that trailer looked pretty damn awesome! There's so many ways they can go from here.

Hopefully they'll bring back more of Dr. Doom in the next film after this one. Hopefully Julian McMahon won't be doing another movie with Sandra Bullock like he was this time around, thus preventing him from being in this one.

pr1983
Until you hear this.

Galactus: Let's not fight.
Surfer: No, lets!

that shit aint funny... no expression

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Should have been someone who looks the part, and therefore is pretty hot, and can act. With a better script... And just a better movie overall...

e.g. Charlize Theron
http://images.askmen.com/top-99/2006/pictures/charlize-theron-pics.jpg

And yes, he does.

not a fan of theron... but she cant be worse than alba i guess...

is it me or does surfer look a tad like the t-1000? i know the silver obviously does, but his face... ive only seen the dark trailer, but thats what it looked like to me...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by pr1983

not a fan of theron... but she cant be worse than alba i guess...

is it me or does surfer look a tad like the t-1000? i know the silver obviously does, but his face... ive only seen the dark trailer, but thats what it looked like to me... But you replied to the apple trailer... confused

Oh, 52k right?

bakerboy
Julian macmahon in this movie as well playing doctor doom, with more development for the character and for latveria.

And that will be mainly silver surfer history and his relationship with the fantastic four and with doctor doom. Galactus will be showed at the end of the movie.

The story is pretty good and the trailer impressing, but the first one was bad and im not sure about it. I think that tim story is a crappy director and they should get someone better to direct it.

Validus

I apologize. weep

Kram3r
The teaser looks awesome. Definitely looks like an improvement from the first.

Menetnashté
This actually very much resembles a two part cartoon episode of the fantastic four. You can go on wikipedia and look it up. But I'll go ahead and post the summary of it here.

Part 1 The Watcher contacts the Fantastic Four and warns them that the dreaded Silver Surfer is on his way to Earth. If he manages to send his homing signal to his master, Galactus, the Earth will be destroyed! The FF try and stop the Surfer, but are too late. Galactus has arrived and prepares to feed on the Earth! Part 2 Galactus begins to setup his equipment to feed on the Earth, while the FF try to reason with him. He dismisses them, and they try to come up with a new plan. The Watcher has a suggestion, but it may cost the Torch his life! Meanwhile, the Silver Surfer visits Alicia Masters, and begins to see how wonderful the Earth really is.

EPIIIBITES
a)I think that's a really bad movie trailer.

b)It looks like the film is gonna be really kiddie, and worst than the first.

c)The effects don't look particularly impressive. Surfer looks pretty bad going through that tunnel in fact.

This movie is gonna be a BOMB...even the comic book fans will be like "after that first one, I dunno..."

Boy...Hollywood really bites sometimes.

Impediment
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES

c)The effects don't look particularly impressive. Surfer looks pretty bad going through that tunnel in fact.

This movie is gonna be a BOMB...even the comic book fans will be like "after that first one, I dunno..."

I just kept wondering why the Surfer didn't just go straight into light speed to escape Johnny...............

EPIIIBITES
Just curious, does anyone here actually feel excited in any way to go see this movie? I know it's early...but everything surrounding it just seems so....blahhhh.

It's got that same vibe I got off POTC 2...that it will just almost be a forced effort to go and see it...(and I have a feeling they'll be suckering me into a 3rd at the end of it).

forumcrew
Just curious, does anyone here actually feel excited in any way to go see this movie? I know it's early...but everything surrounding it just seems so....blahhhh.

It's got that same vibe I got off POTC 2...that it will just almost be a forced effort to go and see it...(and I have a feeling they'll be suckering me into a 3rd at the end of it).

nope. same as i wasnt for the first.

The Core
Me either. I saw the first atleast 10 times.

Kram3r

I think you're wrong. For starters, it's a teaser as a opposed for the trailer so it didn't show you much. I don't know if that was part of your thinking but I thought I'd point it out. Also, I don't know where you picked up on the "kiddie" vibe, there was nothing at all to indicate that, just a couple of dudes flying around.

How impressive do the special effects have to be? I thought they were done okay. Also, I think watching it on a computer is going to make it look less impressive because it's on a smaller screen. I think they'll look better on a bigger on. How better will they look? I don't know, I merely assuming.

I felt the first one was okay, I personally wasn't impressed with it. This however does look like an improvement.

Myth
I thought the first one was little kiddish. The one liners were all overly family friendly.

Dusty

Don't care.

It seems like there is a valuable discussion being taken place here.

Anyway, the teaser looked cool. I hope they don't make Silver Surfer into a menace.

Madvillain
im looking forward to this movie more than im looking forward to spiderman 3.

surfer looks awesome.

and the first movie bombed according to whose standards? it grossed over $320,000,000..with a budget of $100,000,000....damn i'd LOVE to bomb like that. but if you're talking about quality, then you may have an argument there. although the movie was cheesy, and took a shitload of liberties, it was still fun to watch. i had a good time in the cinemas. but definately the silver surfer movie is going to do a whole lot better, both in quality and domestic gross.

you can count on that.

SpaceMonkey
It looked good enough for me. Considering I saw it on my PC and it was only a trailer it surpassed my expectations. The first one was OK... it wasn't as bad as Spider-man but it wasn't as good as X-Men, so it's right in between. I'm kind of excited.

guy222
Check out the teaser trailer.

Doug Jones, who played Abe Sapien in Hellboy, will be the Silver Surfer. I gotta admit, this teaser surprised the **** out of me. I'm betting that this will deliver more than the first movie since we dont have to go through an origin backstory. Most of all, I just sincerely hope that Galactus will be portrayed as the cosmic powered badass he is, and not some ass in a big purple hat.

SS be good
GR be even better

Strangelove
You know what I liked most about this? Brian Posehn as the priest laughing

Grimm22
For me the first movie got worse and worse each time I saw it erm

The first time I saw it I loved it.

Then I saw it again and saw it as it was, crap

Then on DVD, it was one of the worst movies i've seen in a long time

I mean how do you screw Dr. Doom up THAT badly?!?

bakerboy
Doom was robbed in that movie. One of the best vilains in comics, probably the best villain in comics ever, and he was a oneliner, dimensional and poor developed villain in the movie.

Strangelove
I'm not sure I agree with one-dimensional.

H. S. 6
They can't have Norrin Radd without mention of Galactus. According to imdb, Frankie Raye is also in the movie so maybe we'll see Nova too.

Of course they can have Silver Surfer without Galactus. What makes you think otherwise?

pr1983
But you replied to the apple trailer... confused

Oh, 52k right?

yep... cry

I apologize. weep

i forgive you, for now... stick out tongue

Menetnashté
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Of course they can have Silver Surfer without Galactus. What makes you think otherwise?
I think he'll be in it. erm Maybe not for a long time but I think he will. I'm pretty sure it'll be somewhat like the episode summary I posted earlier

xmarksthespot
yep... cry At this point Nelson Muntz should walk past, point at you and say "Ha, ha!"

bakerboy
Do you think that doom was a special deep and interesting villain in the movie? For me was crap, specially compared with the character in the comics.

Accel
I've said this before, but it's actually very possible they could give Surfer a completely different origin altogether similar to what they did with Juggernaut in X3.

He could just happen to be an alien with powers, rather than cosmic being's servant.

SnakeEyes
The first FF film let me down quite a bit. I didn't even have that high of expectations for it, but it still managed to let me down.

This one looks as though it has SOME hope of being a better movie.

I just hope they don't **** up the Silver Surfer. They already messed up Dr. Doom.

drewbiefan
I never liked fantastic four, too un real for mesmile

Strangelove
Originally posted by bakerboy
Do you think that doom was a special deep and interesting villain in the movie? For me was crap, specially compared with the character in the comics. I'm not saying he was deep and interesting, I'm just saying that he wasn't a cookie-cutter character, he had some dimension. A thoroughly disappointing rendition of Dr. D, to be sure.

~Forever*Alone~
my friends is gonna be in the second movie!!!

thats the only reason im going to watch the thing!!!

pr1983
At this point Nelson Muntz should walk past, point at you and say "Ha, ha!"

bastard...

Scoobless

allofyousuckkk
who?

Wolfie

Ultraman Baltan
From what I have heard(POSSIBLE SPOILERS).......

Surfer appears on earth causing havok, and the Fantastic Four struggle to fight him off. When it seems that the FF is the only major threat on earth, Surfer contacts Galactus to come and feast on the planet's resources. But as he comes, Surfer learns the error of his ways by Sue Storm, and eventually helps the FF prepare for the coming of Galactus.
Meanwhile, Doom breaks free of his imprisonment and prepares himself as well for Galactus. Only his plan is to make a scheme to steal Galactus's cosmic powers.
So Galactus comes, almost destroys the earth, and Doom takes his power. So then the Fantastic four must stop Doom from wielding the ultimate power. So in the end, Glactus leaves with Surfer to go somewhere else with the earth saved yet again.

Remember, this may not be true, so be weary, though it might be wrong.

Impediment
Originally posted by Wolfie
Hmmm... I wasn't considering the Surfer to be a villain in the movie for the mainstream movie-goers' sake. You know people would be walking out of the theater pissed going, "The Silver Surfer is a superhero, why is he doing evil in this movie?!"

True. However, when the Surfer made his first comic appearance, he was, more or less, a "villain", since he was scouting for planets to be devoured by Galactus. Only by the intervention of the FF did he realize the folly of his ways and rebel against his master and become heroic.

Grimm22
Originally posted by drewbiefan
I never liked fantastic four, too un real for mesmile

Not any more unrealistic than any other Sci-Fi film ever made no expression

Mr Parker
Julian macmahon in this movie as well playing doctor doom, with more development for the character and for latveria.

And that will be mainly silver surfer history and his relationship with the fantastic four and with doctor doom. Galactus will be showed at the end of the movie.

The story is pretty good and the trailer impressing, but the first one was bad and im not sure about it. I think that tim story is a crappy director and they should get someone better to direct it.

yeah the first one was so bad I cant get excited about this one.

Mr Parker
Doom was robbed in that movie. One of the best vilains in comics, probably the best villain in comics ever, and he was a oneliner, dimensional and poor developed villain in the movie.

exactly.well said.

Bicnarok
The CGI looks well crap,,

Impediment
Originally posted by Bicnarok

Why? I don't think so.

Ultraman Baltan
The director announced that he is going to bring Doom back to his comic roots, since the original idea did not work. He even said that HE was disappointed in their Doom.

AstroFan

Its also very early, the movie doesnt come out till summer. I thought it looked damn good in motion.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Fantastic Four was horribly done. Jessica Alba could not save it. Hopefully The Silver Surfer will save part 2.

EPIIIBITES

Your other thread deserved to stay open me thinks...(wish there was more talk around here on CGI). But for the record, yes, it is most definitely is crap.

lordofwar
I hope Doctor Doom comes back.

T.M
Originally posted by lordofwar
I hope Doctor Doom comes back.

He does come back.

Bicnarok
Your other thread deserved to stay open me thinks...(wish there was more talk around here on CGI). But for the record, yes, it is most definitely is crap.

Yep quite sad that my thread was closed, oh well thats the way the control freaks like it. big grin

Strangelove
Yep quite sad that my thread was closed, oh well thats the way the control freaks like it. big grin It's a lot better than allowing all of the duplicate threads to stay open and cause mass chaos, m'kay? doped

~Flamboyant~
1) I hope they don't make the Surfer a menace.
2) I hope they don't underpower the Surfer
3) I hope they include Galactus
4) I hope they don't make Galactus a bloodthirsty evil villain.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Don't you know FF#48. Norrin Radd will be a menace to start, but we all know what happens afterward.

~Flamboyant~
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Don't you know FF#48. Norrin Radd will be a menace to start, but we all know what happens afterward. Clarification: I hope they don't keep him that way for the whole movie.

spidey-dude
other than ghostrider spiderman 3 and FF2 what other marvel movies are they gonna make this year ?

wolverex84
Originally posted by spidey-dude
other than ghostrider spiderman 3 and FF2 what other marvel movies are they gonna make this year ?

wolverex84
well i am looking forward to Transformers, 300, ninja turtles, johnny bravo, alien vs predator 2

Marko
Originally posted by wolverex84

they were made last year, showing this year, and okay touches and stuff are being done on them. The new projects are thigs lIke the incredible Hulk, Iron man, Wolverine, Magneto i heard somewhere Antman was being made, think it was in empire actually. Any way this isof topic.

What do you thinks happens right after the trailer finishes. I mean what will ahpeen to JS? Will he flame up, fall into the see, be cought in the fantasticar or just plummit horrbly to his death.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Marko
they were made last year, showing this year, and okay touches and stuff are being done on them. The new projects are thigs lIke the incredible Hulk, Iron man, Wolverine, Magneto i heard somewhere Antman was being made, think it was in empire actually. Any way this isof topic.

What do you thinks happens right after the trailer finishes. I mean what will ahpeen to JS? Will he flame up, fall into the see, be cought in the fantasticar or just plummit horrbly to his death. i meant by coming out this year

Darth Putte
What do you thinks happens right after the trailer finishes. I mean what will ahpeen to JS? Will he flame up, fall into the see, be cought in the fantasticar or just plummit horrbly to his death.

I think that Reed is going to do one of his stretching numbers that he always does in the comics, you know when he grabs two houses or something and then Johnny falls down onto him...

Although, we could always see Sue do something with her powers since they are in there wedding clothes...

Marko
Originally posted by Darth Putte
I think that Reed is going to do one of his stretching numbers that he always does in the comics, you know when he grabs two houses or something and then Johnny falls down onto him...

Although, we could always see Sue do something with her powers since they are in there wedding clothes...

speaking of sue, Alba said she has a new power this movie! I really hope it is the flying! Please let it be the flying!

jason maddox
I was a fan of the first FF movie but it just pissed me off how they handled the character of Dr. Doom but with all hope they do him justice this time around.

The Silver Surfer looks so awesome and I can just imagine Thing putting his fist through his back and him pulling what T-100 did in T2 by changing his form to be facing him, pull his hand out and knock him through the wall.

I can also see Sue trying to trap him when Doom gets the drop on her and kidnaps her and then tells the Surfer the world is his

pr1983
dunno if its been mentioned, but i was reading the latest empire and they had an interview with the cast and director, and the director said that galactus would be making an appearence of some sort in the movie, and that the main theme was of the f4 (sue in particular) trying to convince the surfer that the planet was worth saving from the big G...

LORDSIDIOUS01
I look forward to this sequel. I've always loved Norrin Radd. The first one was crap, but it was a hit. Number two will be a whole lot better.

Scoobless
speaking of sue, Alba said she has a new power this movie! I really hope it is the flying! Please let it be the flying!

Probably the ability to turn other people/things invisible.

Wolverine2006
Johnny Bravo!? eek! goodness gracious

Galactus is going to be in FF2 but he is more referred to as an it

Kadesh
is galactus gonna appear or something? Wikipedia did say he will make a cameo appearence and hell galactus > all the xmen from the movie

Marko
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19080

New TV spot!! With shots of the Fantasticar big grin

mr.smiley
Avi Arad said galactus would be in it didn't he?

Marko
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Avi Arad said galactus would be in it didn't he? yup but he said that He Might not be in the form that we know him as, that he could be represented as a force rather than a being or it might be a being. I dunno. Did you watch the TV spot? They said "how do you defeat something that eats planets?!"

Marko
Originally posted by Scoobless
Probably the ability to turn other people/things invisible.

oh yea ermm I want flying!!

Sorry for the double post

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Kadesh
is galactus gonna appear or something? Wikipedia did say he will make a cameo appearence and hell galactus > all the xmen from the movie

I have heard that Galactus will appear in some sort of form.

ragesRemorse
well in the movie sufer plays Galactus" herald, so that tells me that yes galactus would appear. Having surfer and not having galuctus would be pretty hard. How would you explain surfers abilities.

Im wondering though, will there be another hero introduced to help combat galuctus or will surfer end up befriending the fantastic four and assist in toppleling the planet eater, or will galactus' design be entirely different than we know him in the comics?

Marko
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
well in the movie sufer plays Galactus" herald, so that tells me that yes galactus would appear. Having surfer and not having galuctus would be pretty hard. How would you explain surfers abilities.

Im wondering though, will there be another hero introduced to help combat galuctus or will surfer end up befriending the fantastic four and assist in toppleling the planet eater, or will galactus' design be entirely different than we know him in the comics?

that is what we were discussing oh clever one ermm

spidey-dude
how can u put galactus in a movie ? last year they said they where gonna put apoc in X3 well i didnt see him no where in the movie.

Marko
how can u put galactus in a movie ? last year they said they where gonna put apoc in X3 well i didnt see him no where in the movie.

Easy its a writers job. Also no they never said that it was a rumour. This has been said by Arad, and there also evidence to him in the trailer so ermm

spidey-dude
Easy its a writers job. Also no they never said that it was a rumour. This has been said by Arad, and there also evidence to him in the trailer so ermm post a link that has that trailer.

ragesRemorse
that is what we were discussing oh clever one ermm

And thats why i had included material to the conversation, aswell as known facts to posts before me.

numbNUTS!

ragesRemorse
And thats why i had included material to the conversation, aswell as known facts to posts before me.

numbNUTS!

Marko
post a link that has that trailer. Originally posted by Marko
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19080

New TV spot!! With shots of the Fantasticar big grin there it was up the page

endrict

Are you joking? you can't even compare the two because Apoc. is not even one of the orginal x-villians. Apoc, of course he would not be in the movie, all that was is a stupid fanbase rumor. Gala. is one of the orignal FF villians....he will be a camo in the movie.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by endrict
Apoc is not even one of the orginal x-villians.

But he is one of the more popular.

Marko
Originally posted by endrict
Are you joking? you can't even compare the two because Apoc. is not even one of the orginal x-villians. Apoc, of course he would not be in the movie, all that was is a stupid fanbase rumor. Gala. is one of the orignal FF villians....he will be a camo in the movie. Originally posted by Evil_Ash
But he is one of the more popular.

Fatastic 4 thread, not x-men. Please keep on topic.

Marko
Originally posted by king leonidas
ok so according to aintitcool fox have annnouced that galactus will be in the movie in the form of........... a storm cloud. yup, a storm cloud. fox are going mad first they make x-men 3 without bryan singer an now a guy who eats planets is a storm cloud.

Okay,

1, I think a huge giant being would look stupid on the big screen, and this way it is more realistic. Okay maybe they could have used something other than a cloud but I doubt they want to make this an origin movie about Galactus.

2, Get over this. Believe it or not the X-men comics Had nothing to do with Singer, and this isn't even the right thread.

king leonidas
galactus will appear in the shape of a stormcloud. no this isn't a joke, people who work on the film are apparently say this has been heartbreaking. heres the article from aintitcool.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32330

ragesRemorse
i wonder how they will market him as a toy

Marko
i wonder how they will market him as a toy

they wont, seeing as its not a him, its an it..

ragesRemorse
they wont, seeing as its not a him, its an it..
they market it everything though, even it's laughing

roughrider
The Silver Surfer wouldn't be taking orders from a giant storm cloud that travels the universe. Remember V'GER from the first Star Trek movie? The ship was right in the centre of a giant particle cloud, which obscured any viewing.
Galactus is just being held back. If this film has a cliffhanger-type ending, maybe the payoff will be seeing him completely in FF3.

Marko
Originally posted by roughrider
The Silver Surfer wouldn't be taking orders from a giant storm cloud that travels the universe. Remember V'GER from the first Star Trek movie? The ship was right in the centre of a giant particle cloud, which obscured any viewing.
Galactus is just being held back. If this film has a cliffhanger-type ending, maybe the payoff will be seeing him completely in FF3.

Doubt it.

LORDSIDIOUS01

The Big G "a storm cloud". confused confused confused Or maybe Tim Story just said that so people can wait and spend their money to watch and see.

Marko
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
The Big G "a storm cloud". confused confused confused Or maybe Tim Story just said that so people can wait and spend their money to watch and see. Again doubt it. Doubt they would be able to afford it with everything that is in it.

roughrider
Rotten Tomatoes is reporting Silver Surfer's voice will be done by...

Laurence Fishburne.

Hmmm...I don't know what to make of that. I thought they should reunite Doug Jones with HELLBOY partner David Hyde Pierce, but we'll see. Fishburne has a deep voice; deeper than I thought the Surfer's voice would sound like.

exanda kane
The trailer certainly does look impressive, I like the fact that is a solid sequence instead of a montage as per usual. I am doutful the film will stand up to any sort of expectation sadly.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by T.M
He does come back.

Will it be Julian McMahon again as Victor or not? I heard that he was gonna sit this movie out because of that movie he did with Sandra Bullock.

zbucsz
i knew he was black

Sweet Escape
This looks really good

roughrider
Originally posted by zbucsz
i knew he was black

Yeah...so?

InnerRise
I thought that the guy who played silver surfer would be the character all the way, but it turns out he just did the motion capture, so it seems the silver surfer will be completely CG the entire movie, which sucks. I don't know about the Silver Surfer. I figured he could switch b/t the silver surfer and a human identity when he wanted.

Lawrence Fishburne will play the voice of the Silver Surfer.

Seems an unlikely choice. We'll see.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Supreme being
Originally posted by InnerRise
I thought that the guy who played silver surfer would be the character all the way, but it turns out he just did the motion capture, so it seems the silver surfer will be completely CG the entire movie, which sucks. I don't know about the Silver Surfer. I figured he could switch b/t the silver surfer and a human identity when he wanted.

Lawrence Fishburne will play the voice of the Silver Surfer.

Seems an unlikely choice. We'll see.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Lawrence Fishburne as in Morpheus, dam that voice is to deep.

Scoobless
V Ger >>>> Galactus

smile

roughrider
V Ger >>>> Galactus

smile

Heyyy - what a VS. thread this would be! thumb up

Crease
Heyyy - what a VS. thread this would be! thumb up

Give Voyager multispectrul shielding and they just might...die horribly. sad

llagrok
I wonder how Nova's gonna tun out :/

qqqqqqq
i smell flop in ff2

Badabing
V Ger >>>> Galactus

smile V Ger ftw.

Evil_Ash
I'm getting a Darth Sidious vibe from Doom...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/GodzillaFinalWars/ff6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/GodzillaFinalWars/fantasticfour221yj3.jpg

Reed: What'd you want with the Silver Surfer, Doom?

Doom: Power. UNLIMITED POWER!!!!

*Shoots electricity at Reed*

Badabing
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
I'm getting a Darth Sidious vibe from Doom...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/GodzillaFinalWars/ff6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/GodzillaFinalWars/fantasticfour221yj3.jpg

Reed: What'd you want with the Silver Surfer, Doom?

Doom: Power. UNLIMITED POWER!!!!

*Shoots electricity at Reed* I think you hit the mark Evil. I'm getting the same vibe. messed

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>